Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2012 6:52 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love the way the head priest justifies having another world destroyed just so theirs could live. And it was a lot of clashing of motives here.

Valgaav's past was revealed. Kinda weird if one Ancient Dragon has the strenght of 1000 golden dragons, how were they so easily wiped out?
Nov 10, 2012 7:21 PM
Nov 2011
There's one thing that noone said though..... Why would Lina's bunch trust a monster, even Xellos for that matter, with a possibility like that? Anyhow, its getting good.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 12, 2012 12:39 PM

Sep 2012
5/5 I don't comment much but this was one of the best episodes in awhile.
Feb 25, 2013 10:21 PM

Jan 2011
Even Xellos seemed surprised at the extent of Valgaav's power. This was one of the better fights in the series.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 20, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
Okay interesting back story, but what did that big guy want to do? I mean with the power of darkstar?
Also seems like Valgaav will return and he will probably be stronger than ever.
Jun 29, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
RPGX_Omega said:
5/5 I don't comment much but this was one of the best episodes in awhile.
So far the best episode in this series.

rodac said:
Even Xellos seemed surprised at the extent of Valgaav's power.
As was the elder surprised of Lina's power :-)

ao_no_exo said:
Okay interesting back story, but what did that big guy want to do? I mean with the power of darkstar?
He was saying something about his people suffering. So maybe he will try to use this power to help them?
mozgowJun 29, 2015 1:57 PM
Jul 10, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode I was not expecting Valgaav to have such an interesting motive for being evil, this season is finally starting to pick up.
Dec 16, 2018 2:12 PM

Nov 2011
Having five factions in play all at once was pretty interesting. Both Lina and Valgaav got to show off their power.

If an ancient dragon is roughly as powerful as 1000 golden dragons, then that would likely make one an equal match for Xellos. An ancient dragon monster hybrid would be really tough for Xellos, I think. Lina might have to finish him off, or at least a powered up Sword of Light.

The Overworlder is really strong, definitely stronger than Valgaav, I’d say, but unsurprisingly even he can’t stand up to the Ragna Blade. The dragon elders’ reaction to Lina casting that was great. Finally getting to see a holy attack spell was cool too.

It seems the dragon race isn’t as noble as they originally seemed to be. I wonder it there’s a dragon analogue to the Lord of Nightmares like how Shabranigdo has the analogue of Ceiphied.

Including Shabranigdo, it seems there are five Dark Lords on his level. Lina was only barely able to defeat 1/7th of Shabranigdo’s power with a Giga Slave and Rezo’s help in the first season, so the summoning of Darkstar would be disastrous if it were allowed to happen. Summoning the Lord of Nightmares via the Giga Slave is literally the only thing in Lina’s arsenal that could match it, and that’s not exactly an option.

That prophecy mentioned awakening a star. Perhaps Lina really will tap into holy power this time around? Maybe not though.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Jan 26, 2021 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
Their fights feel kinda pointless because every time everyone gets away.
Sep 16, 2023 1:43 AM

May 2023
Yeah crazzy good ep. I knew the golden dragons were scum. Called it a few episodes ago. Litterly a clan of supreme xenophobes that exterminate certain groups. They are the bad guys.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Try Episode 23 Discussion

rodac - Feb 26, 2013

7 by NeoCrow2 »»
Jan 15, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Slayers Try Episode 15 Discussion

fedaykin - Mar 29, 2010

16 by NeoCrow2 »»
Dec 27, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Slayers Try Episode 26 Discussion

kiririnshi - Mar 13, 2010

20 by LeonhartAugust »»
Nov 18, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Slayers Try Episode 18 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Aug 18, 2011

11 by LeonhartAugust »»
Nov 17, 2023 9:51 PM

Poll: » Slayers Try Episode 17 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Aug 18, 2011

15 by LeonhartAugust »»
Nov 17, 2023 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.