Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion

Aug 2, 2016 1:09 PM

Nice ending, Shinobu looked like a blond version of Karen with her ponytail again ^^
At first I thought this season was worse than the first one, but the last episodes made up for that. Once again a great show, 9/10 :3

Aug 11, 2016 8:57 PM

Dat Philosophy tho
Doing what one likes is the right of the powerful.

Nov 14, 2016 9:15 PM

Not as good as Bakemonogatari, but I still really enjoyed this nonetheless.

Looking forward to the next installment to the Monogatari Series.

Dec 17, 2016 12:32 AM
God of the Realm

shinobuuu gotta love her one of my fav characters on the show, i kinda wanted to see her fight scene but es cool perhaps in the following sequels theyll show it. I have to really admire the leaps and bounds araragi kun takes to help his sister hes an awesome character. Looking forward to the next installments to the series this one was an 8/10
Facta Non Verba

Dec 26, 2016 2:28 AM
KHAAAAAAAAAN!~er, I mean SHAAAAAAAAAAFT! *clenches fist*

> so much nudity and fanservice
> animated Tsukihi's kiss scene
> didn't animate the make out scene(Bakemonogatari) or the implied sex scene(Nisemonogatari episode 7)

Someone needs a death by stapler!!!

Mar 30, 2017 9:37 AM

Great ending to a great season!
10/10

Apr 4, 2017 10:53 AM

Despite my complaints about the pacing, this was still a good ride. It's a strong 7, but still a 7 for being weaker than Bake/not always capturing my attention. If every episode was as good as these last two were, it might even be rated higher then a 7.

(I never thought I'd learn so much about the importance of family from a show I previously only knew from an incestuous toothbrush scene.)
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Jun 13, 2017 8:11 AM
kinda bummed she left just like that.
oh well, on to the next one.

Jul 21, 2017 6:22 AM

I did not like this anime it was mostly inappropriate and sick. I hated it with a capital H because it promoted incest and i hate that. so this is the lowest anime i have ever rated.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Aug 16, 2017 3:15 AM

Probably my favourite series + the most potent one so far, they really filled in gaps that I previous didn't think had existed - Oshino/Kaiki/Kagenui's + Araragi/Shinobu's relationship. It was a lot more lively and fun to watch compared to Bakemonogatari.

I found the excessive fan service on the other hand to be quite disappointing, the series could have done better with a Bakemonogatari ratio + it really painted Araragi's character in a slightly disturbing manner and downplayed his relationship with Senjou.

That said, powered up Shinobu is cute af + I absolutely LOVE how they retained the old-fashioned mannerisms/ style of speech regardless of her age. Also loved Tsukihi's OP, such a catchy song :)
~

Sep 1, 2017 7:19 PM

Finale episode was best episode.
Aged-up Shinobu is *o*
Short hair Gahara is also *o*

So it turns out that Tsukihi is the apparition, not a target of it at all; the real target would be her mother who got impregnated with the reincarnated Phoenix. Pretty much like Hachikuji and Araragi- she's the apparition and he's the victim, but nobody's really getting hurt.

What I got from this season was that it is generally assumed that good=justice and justice should always be truthful. But if there's really no "truth" like Kaiki says, then there's no real form of justice either, right?
"Evil" is always a definite because people are born that way- desires dictate action, not what is just- when people are "good" it's nothing more than an elaborate act. But ofc we learn that being a "fake" isn't a negative all the time and it doesn't always cause problems.

If that's the case though, isn't Kaiki technically one of the only "good" characters in Monogatari? He's pretty honest about being a scam artist after all. Or maybe he's hiding something else, and in that case we just go back to the whole "faking/concealing" doesn't equate to evil/injust" thing.

The irony when the con man is a decent guy lmao
I'm onto you Kaiki, you're a pure boy really

I was honestly dreading watching Nise because everyone online makes out that it's inferior to Bake, or complains about it being the "fan-service season", but I have to disagree.
I think Nise is 10x better than Bake both in plot and characterisation; it's more centered and seems to know where it's going. I just found Bake a bit of a trudge to get through and everyone felt more one dimensional. It was kind of all over the place imo.

Araragi really improved this season too, although that could be due to the role his family played; he's been less of a helpful bystander and more emotional and involved pervert.

Welp, I guess my essay is over now.

EDIT: I WANT A SPIN-OFF/PREQUEL ABOUT COLLEGE KIDS KAIKI/OSHINO/KAGENUI
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 24, 2017 6:35 AM

Since this is the very last episode, I just wanna say that THAT TSUKIHI OP IS SO FUCKING CUTE. <3

Fucking Koyomi kissing his own sister. Poor Tsukihi. Koyomi hentai! Hahaha. I'm wheezing. Well, it's true, though. Kissing family member isn't counted as a "kiss" she thought. Hehehehe.

GROWN-UP SHINOBU! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL. WAAAAAH. I swear I always find it hot when she's drinking Koyomi's blood. Waaah. Omfg omfg omfg Shinobu.

Wow. She straight up beat up Koyomi. What the fuck. I was literally screaming Senjougahara's name to call her and fucking kill that short-haired girl, though I know there's no way Koyomi's gonna die. Lmfaoooo.

Shinobu can never lost to anyone, maaan. Shinobu is best grill. Hehehe.

Koyomi introducing his sisters to Hitagi? Yaaaaaay! Can't wait to see them spending time together with Hitagi.

Such a good anime, but not like Bakemonogatari. Hehe.

SOLID 9/10 :D I really enjoyed it so much! :')
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Sep 28, 2017 1:35 AM

Why is everyone having a damn haircut on this show

Oct 9, 2017 2:19 PM
:D

I already miss Karen's ponytail, but short hair on Hitagi looks pretty good!

Teen Shinobu might be the best Shinobu

Nov 3, 2017 6:02 AM

Good ending to the series, it wrapped up everything in a nice end.
Also I dont agree to that >incest or non-incest kiss,I am even confused now.

Dec 8, 2017 7:42 AM
He kissed and fondled both his imoutos. I guess he can die happy?

Dec 11, 2017 3:55 AM
God of the Realm

ArcanaTrace said:
Teen Shinobu is really hot, actually Shinobu in any age/size is hot. Btw i still cant believe they manage to end the arc with this episode when Tsukihi only made minimum appearance throughout her arc.

Well im guessing the "continue" either means an extra in the blu ray or the Nekomonogatari. Still cant wait, and i seriously mean CANT WAIT for Shaft to animate the rest of the monogatari series. Wonder how many years that is gonna take, but i'll wait patiently.
haa facts i need to watch a vid detailing more on tsukihi phoenix shes an enjoyable char also UWU shinobuu babyyy finee af loved how she did light work on yotsugi
Facta Non Verba

Dec 14, 2017 4:45 PM

Teen Shinobu!!Dayum!! I enjoyed Nise the same as Bake. What a great franchise.

10/10
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-

Jan 3, 2018 3:52 AM

Holy shit did Araragi get utterly obliterated, but I'm glad he managed to maintain consciousness and at the same time spread his mindset about his sister which, knowing his character, was pretty predictable with what he was going to say, but that didn't make it any less meaningful.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

May 20, 2018 9:51 AM
I've had a bit of a love hate relationship with Shaft's animation style so far, but I love how at the beginning of the episode they portrayed tsukihi's room as a bird cage

Aug 16, 2018 12:09 PM

not as good as bakemonogatari.. oshino was missing, senjougahara was even more non existend than she was in s1.. i liked that they stopped with the blank screens in dialouges or with the real life pictures but besides that everything was a step down.

theres just not really a story in this show.. sure we had a good amount of character development in this season but where is the story? I can't give an anime a 10 or 9 not even an 8 if theres nothing that binds me to the show.. sure i enjoy this show, i enjoy the comedy, i enjoy the characters. But there is nothing that sucks you into this show, you dont feel invested in these characters at all.

6/10

Sep 2, 2018 3:10 PM

5/5

I liked that ending, now let's go to Nekomonogatari, lol.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Jan 13, 4:38 PM
Loved these last two episodes. Nisemonogatari, to me, is better than Bake. I love the subtle theme of the imposter in all of the different contexts.

Feb 15, 1:42 AM

The series was pretty good except for the fact that they cut the hair of my (formerly) most favorite girl in the series, Hitagi, also with Hanekawa, and specially with Karen, the one with Karen is just stupid, both the creator and the scrip-writer for that scene and event is fucked in the head. This is what brought down my enjoyment of the series the most. Shinobu was pretty hot though, and that battle was somewhat good, except for the fact that it was only Araragi getting a beating from that girl.
Hitagi scene at the end would've been more pleasant if she had her long hair.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia

Apr 1, 4:41 PM
"What you consider right is up to you. But don't force it onto other people!"

Doesn't Yozuru do the same thing when she deems all immortal being to be evil and tries to kill them with no regards to the people around them?

Apr 28, 6:06 AM

Seems like Kagenui realized that she was being the biggest hypocrite herself, since at the end of the day those were her own personal ideals. Well, I guess the withdraw was because of that. Good episode and season.
Wanna try a really risky but fun anime watching challenge?
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1784108

May 4, 8:57 AM

Kaiki's take on this real/fake thing is very interesting

I feel like Nise is inferior to Bake but I'll give it the same score as Bake anyway (9/10) because of Kaiki's and Shinobu's introductions

May 14, 5:58 PM
The question is where is the real mother of Tsukihi?

Who know how OP Shinobu is now after she's now a teenager. Not yet an adult.

I'm wondering what's even the limit of Araragi's regeneration. Though ofc Tsukihi is greater. Now that I mentioned it , Tsukihi do sound like a bird lol.

"Don't force your ideals to someone else." The fact that she said this is contradicting her own words. Anybody who said this is a hypocrite.

And she could just ask Araragi and Shinobu to leave but instead they're the one leaving the place lol. Why did they choose that place in the first place?

Short hair seems to be a trend in this series. Now it's Mayoi's turn.

I know it's too late to say this but Hanekawa change her style, even her take off her glasses. If it's just her hairstyle I can understand that but glasses? Is it just style all along?

Modified by Kish0, May 14, 11:26 PM

6 hours ago

Araragi was able to bullshit his way out of the whole "yah, there's a huge hole in the wall, don't worry about it" thing pretty well. Karen, Tsukihi, and Araragi have such a wholesome dynamic. They all care for each other in a very sibling-like fashion, especially with them loving each other one moment and hating each other the next. I didn't realize that Shinobu could get stronger by sucking in Araragi's blood. It's been shown to work in the Shinobu -> Araragi direction, but I guess I never made the connection that it was more like Shinbou <-> Araragi, where Shinobu <- Araragi can occur just as easily. Kaiki was Oshino and Kagenui's classmate? Guess I could have seen that coming. I miss the Kizumonogatari days where Araragi was the one dealing the pain. Least Araragi's ideals won out in the end.

Nisemonogatari was worse than Kizumonogatari and Bakemonogatari, but it was still very good. I'll probably end up giving it the lowest 8/10 I can possibly give, as weird as that sounds.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]