Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion

Jan 16, 2014 4:14 PM

Is there an underlying message about adoptive children here, perhaps? Maybe I'm thinking too far into it... Either way, a nice thought-provoking way to end the arc.

Jan 26, 2014 1:50 AM
So with regards to the hair cuts and everyone asking why....

Every singe main character in the show, save for Koyomi and Mayoi, changed their hair.

Nadeko => Hair Band
Suruga => Grew longer
Karen => Cut
Hanekawa => Cut
Senjougahara => Cut
Tsukihi => changing constantly
Shinobu => hair style change when in older form
(I like the next episode preview joking about her putting Karen's missing ponytail on her head.)

So now for that Why part. Because the author could. He know hair styles define characters visually and fans care a lot about this. Considering, as I understand it, Nisemonogatari was written more or less "off the cuff" he really did it just to screw with the readers and their images of the characters. If you consider the cultural significance of hair cutting... and Karen literally ripping her hair off and throwing it in the trash without a second thought.... The trolling should be obvious.

Of course the true meaning has more to do with the pervasive sadomasochistic themes in Nisio's work, and his position of dominance as the author over the readers. He can do whatever he wants to your beloved characters, because they're actually his characters. And just maybe he doesn't care about them as much as you do.... or at least not in the way you do.

Jan 28, 2014 6:37 PM

Araragi really got his ass beaten up xD
I would have loved to see Shinobu fight though...

Araragi kissing his sister... He's really take advantage from his ''fake'' sister :P

I liked the ending. The problem wasn't really totally solve, she still remain a phoenix. But sometime, you can only lower the impact from a problem...

Sengouhara new hair is cute :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jan 31, 2014 5:20 AM

He kissed her... yeah if Tsukihi can't believe it then I can't believe it too... just think of it.. Araragi, the MC showed his kiss with his sister to us.. but his kiss with Senjougahara, his girlfriend.. we saw nothing.. and I'm not even 100% sure that they've already kissed.. so basically it's his first kiss. SAY NO TO INCEST!. though it's clear that it is not.. also... that was... hot

I prefer long haired Hanekawa and ofc Senjougahara
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 31, 2014 5:28 AM

9/10 for me loving Nisemonogatari so far looking forward for Nekomonogatari now :)

Feb 1, 2014 9:23 PM

keeen for the next season
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Feb 11, 2014 1:22 PM

Just finished the finale, and I liked how it got right into things with the fight, and I really liked seeing Shinobu finally transform. I hope that Shinobu gets to do this a little more in the next season I'm about to start up but not a big deal if not.

I agree with a lot of people here in terms of Nisemonogatari not being on par with Bakemonogatari in a few ways. The pacing and story arcs weren't all that interesting this season except for the few times Kaiki would randomly show up, he's quite chilling. There was a little too much of the sisters for me in this series but what can you do, it's over and done with and overall I still really enjoyed this season. The major downside was Senjougahara was essentially an after thought other than her and Araragi confronting Kaiki which was interesting.

My biggest wish for next season is to shine some more spotlight on Araragi's relationship with Senjougahara, I'm just a sucker for that despite knowing this is not solely a romance series. Other than that, I expect Kaiki to continue to play a role and am very curious to see how everything plays out, and if Oshino returns.

Bakemonogatari- 10/10

Nisemonogatari- 8/10 (Kanbaru's fan-service cancelled out the weird incestuous implications that were far to often an occurrence for me)

Feb 18, 2014 12:33 AM

Damn he got his ass kicked again but managed to talk his way out of it. I have a feeling we aren't done with the teacher trio.

And DAMN IT SHE CUT HER HAIR TOO!!!

Mar 24, 2014 6:08 AM

Why is everyone doing an Emma Watson and cutting their hair?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 24, 2014 6:12 AM

Minagatachi said:
Why is everyone doing an Emma Watson and cutting their hair?

It's a cliche character development device, and kinda exclusive to Japan's culture, if I'm not mistaken. Nisio Isin, happens to like doing it, for whatever reason.

Mar 24, 2014 9:24 AM

ArcanaTrace said:
Teen Shinobu is really hot, actually Shinobu in any age/size is hot. Btw i still cant believe they manage to end the arc with this episode when Tsukihi only made minimum appearance throughout her arc.

Well im guessing the "continue" either means an extra in the blu ray or the Nekomonogatari. Still cant wait, and i seriously mean CANT WAIT for Shaft to animate the rest of the monogatari series. Wonder how many years that is gonna take, but i'll wait patiently.
Agree.

Why did Senjougahara cut her hair T_T
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

Mar 26, 2014 3:46 PM

Only problem with Nisemonogatari: Not enough Sengoku.

Apr 3, 2014 1:02 AM

Shinbou transformation was pretty boss. This was probably the best arc for me. Karen bee felt a little too long. Overall stunning animation. Watching the BD release was amazing. Way too much fan service.....I hope neko/season 2 tapers down on the fan service/ lolicon stuff ~_~.

Still a very solid watch

8/10

Apr 4, 2014 1:05 AM

Zeally said:
Shinbou transformation was pretty boss. This was probably the best arc for me. Karen bee felt a little too long. Overall stunning animation. Watching the BD release was amazing. Way too much fan service.....I hope neko/season 2 tapers down on the fan service/ lolicon stuff ~_~.

Still a very solid watch

8/10

dont worry, neko and 2. season fanservice is on the same level as in bake. it is there, but wont get into the way of the original story

EDIT: now that i think about it, the first arc from season 2 is on same level as nise, but the rest of the arcs definetly not.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com

Apr 4, 2014 1:24 AM

Urek said:

EDIT: now that i think about it, the first arc from season 2 is on same level as nise, but the rest of the arcs definetly not.

Actually only first two episodes have fan-service. The rest of the arc, barely has it. And Monogatari Second Season as a whole has the least amount of fan-service in the series.

Apr 8, 2014 9:46 AM
Wish araragi could fight a little as well. He always gets knocked on his bum throughout the series in fight sequences
prismheart said:
The fight was pretty awesome, and Shinobu was so hot as a grown-up.

Mod Edit: Removed spam links.
Modified by Kineta, Apr 14, 2014 10:21 AM

Apr 15, 2014 11:02 PM
great, great episode. Once again like with Bakemonogatari, we have a perfect final episode giving the whole season a bit of a halo effect. Found myself grinning stupidly at Kaiki's thoughts on the matter as a quote from Skyrim came to mind.

"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
―Paarthurnax

9/10 season

Apr 17, 2014 8:28 AM

I remember that the legend of that "bird" was also mentioned in Natsume Yuujinchou. Doesn't remember what season though.

May 14, 2014 11:56 PM

Wow, this was surprisingly a very good episode. Nisemonogatari on the whole was fairly average and the first 2.5 episodes of Tsukihi Phoenix arc were pretty terrible, but this was an excellent ending. I think the aesthetics sealed the deal - the BGM over the last two episodes especially was really, really good. 5/5

Jun 2, 2014 2:47 AM

A Dying bird!? a Supernatural type of cuckoo!!? not a phoenix!? not so awesome ... unless the appearance and same type of power is unique!! (But it was describe like a phoenix.. Cool Enough.. The Description of the cuckoo is nice btw.)
Araragi Koyomi.. I know that you're so stupid sometimes .. but I acknowledge you from my heart as a Good Older brother in your Family.. Fight whatever you're protecting with!! :)
Older version of shinobu looks beautiful!!
Finale Battle Begins!!!
Bloody gore scenes that will surely hit your mind hardly ...Is Ahead!!
Those Headbutts will really hurt so much...
Damn koyomi.. you're still a punching bag of death after all this time!!
Kiyomi... why the heck are you getting beaten so badly!! It really sucks every time I seen you getting crushed several times !! damn it!! Its bad for some people's health you know!!
Now, He looked-like an apocalyptic zombie that was bombed many times!! (without getting his body exploded!!. he does look like a non-mummified mummy lol.. He looks so awfully ugly!!)
and.. That's what will you get if don't have enough training for a powerful justice-man battle.
Araragi .. a dumbass guy that can't put a good fight.. so only relies on big words.. man enough.
Won by words... Koyomi and shinobu wins!! (barely saved because of the conversation..)
He just got back from hell!! Words save you again!!
Fundamentals and theories about good and evil... Whether Truth or a Lie . Everybody has a part of themselves that has a good and evil side on it. (I Don't really a give damn though.)
"Unlimited Rulebook = a rulebook mostly filled with exceptions." " tsukihi is an exception"
Kagenui has some good in her heart even with all that actions.. that's nice!!
A Brother's love for her sisters... That's pretty nice of you koyomi !!
Short hairs FTW!! (I like it but I prefer long hairs for some-specific-people-that-will-look-good-in- long-hairs!!) Damn hitagi was really good in Long hair.. (I Suppose I just wait it to be long enough again lol!!)
Tsukihi phoenix ends!!..
Pretty good Ending!!!
Nice Episode!!!
A Worth-while to watch Season 2 from me!!! The Ecchi and jokes scenes gotten better and some new Characters were introduced and Plot. that was completed. It was really good!!!
Now, Onto Season 3!!! :D
Modified by AnimeLaver01, Jun 2, 2014 2:51 AM

Aug 17, 2014 10:35 PM

I like hanekawa better with her new look, but that's because she removed her glasses.
I don't like how they chose to restyle all the girls with shorter hair (Karen, Hitagi), but that's just personal preference. I hope they revert it.

Sep 5, 2014 12:28 PM

Senjougahara!!!!! What did you do with your beautiful long hair????!!!! :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Nov 27, 2014 12:21 PM

Oh, Shinobu <3 Seeing her in her teen form was great. I can't wait to see har as a grown-up. I was hoping thought to see Koyomi sucking her blood to regenerate faster..
Nise has less events but I still think it was better than Bake... exepting that Senjougahara, Hanekawa and Karen cut their hair! >_<

rsc-pl said:
Senjougahara!!!!! What did you do with your beautiful long hair????!!!! :(
I know!! While she was shown from toe to head I was like: "please have long hair! please have long hair! please have long hair!! please have long hair!!!" But I already knew she was gonna cut her beautiful hair like Hanekawa.. Q_Q

Jan 5, 2015 4:25 PM

Wow, Senjougahara's haircut caught me off guard. Oh well.

Jan 19, 2015 3:30 PM

This series was far better than Bakemonogatari. It was much more entertaining and I feel like they fleshed out the characters and developed them a lot better. That hype was really cool with Araragi and Shinobu when they were getting ready to fight. It was too bad that nothing really happened in that fight but, the conclusion to the fight was still quite satisfying.

Overall this was a great anime. 8/10. I look forward to the next seasons.

Feb 9, 2015 7:28 AM

The fan service wasn't that bad; I've seen far worse. What this season desperately needed was editing. To tighten the narrative, it should have been 6 episodes instead of 11. You could see peeks of the first season's cleverness here and there. It's too bad the few good moments it had were engulfed in a thick cloud of brain farts.
Modified by aikaflip, Feb 9, 2015 7:40 AM

Feb 24, 2015 2:19 AM

Narrative was not as good as Bakemonogatari, i didn't mind the fanservice at all but the incest stuff made me shudder a bit, there wasn't enough of Senjougahara especially towards the ending and i think she's a very vital character to the show, similar to Genshiken with the absence of Saki in later sequels it lost some steam as a result, despite all that it was pretty good.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Mar 17, 2015 10:52 PM

Good season! No complaints, and I'm too lazy to type anything more right now. GG mates.

Mar 18, 2015 3:43 AM

Not as good as Bakemonogatari but it was still pretty damn good. On to the next sequel.

Mar 27, 2015 11:15 AM

Unpopular opinion here. I liked it more than bakemonogatari :P.

Apr 15, 2015 2:31 AM

I liked this more than Bakemonogatari actually, though the 2 girls (antagonists, somewhat) need more exposition. In the end they were quite uninteresting characters.. at least so far.
I didn't like the toothbrush scene. At all. I usually don't mind the fanservice and enjoyed it so far, but that scene was going too far, even for my standards <_< brushing tooth is just not very erotic, doesn't help that I'm not into incest.
Kaiki is a damn cool character and I hope I'll get to see more of him in the second season.
I still think I'm giving this a 9/10 - I just liked it that much and I love anime that have their "family" as a central theme.
Not sure why Hitagi cut her hair, maybe it symbolizes her moving on from Kaiki completely / letting go? Either way looks pretty good on her :)

Jul 2, 2015 1:19 PM

Not quite as good as Bakemonogatari was but still decent. Not a big fan of the fanservice (ik it was also there in Bakemonogatari, but I think Nisemonogatari got more of it) but at least more screen time for Shinobu and being presented to Koyomi's sisters! Not enough Senjougahara though... I'm looking forward to what is going to happen in the sequels!
7/10

Jul 9, 2015 2:37 AM

I loved it.Senjougahara without her her is a blasphemy while Hanekawa works out okay.
Loved every moment of Senjougahara talking ..she's something else ..
Seeing how Araragi cared and defended Tsukihi was emotional and impressive.

Jul 29, 2015 12:39 PM

I thought the whole idea of Tsukihi-chan being a fake in her own household was really damn interesting. Gave more meaning to the title than even Karen's arc. I sorta wish they cut down on some of the fanservice (the pointless toothbrush episode), and instead gave some more substance to Tsukihi-chan's arc. It wasn't rushed or anything. But it could have been fleshed out better. Honestly, I find her character more interesting than Karen, so I was a little disappointed. Though Karen's fight with Koyomi was still freaking awesome.

Overall, thought this season was fun. I can stand the fanservice in the Monogatari series, even as a girl, cause the dialogue is so clever. I miss the dark atmosphere from the first season though -- and with so damn little Senjougahara this time, I missed a lot of the great witty wordplay. I really hope she'll become a focus again. Haircut's cute. Just feel like this season catered a little too much to the male viewers with the excessive fanservice.

I also neeeeeed more Nadeko next season. More than anything. I'm a little tired of the Araragi sisters, now. Stylistically, this season was less appealing than the last. But, I still enjoyed it like hell, so 7/10.

Jul 31, 2015 1:33 PM

So even Senjougahara is now short-haired, what a disappointment. But it was good episode, I guess. Good but not great. I liked how he defended Tsukihi, ofc she is and always will be his sister, no matter what. The part when he rode his bicycle to old school building while speaking with Shinobu was brilliant (and thanks to soundtrack too).

It felt like little plot device that Kagenui left half-way through the battle (just because of her whim) but I guess it was his determination that made her leave. Still, it was goodbye from her, we will definitely see them both again. As such it felt bit open-ended and without proper closure. Yet, on the other hand, it was closed enough to say it was well worth it for me.

All-in-all, the first season was a lot better when I have to compare. But even that, I enjoyed Nisemonogatari too, and over those eleven episode I simply grew to love those characters. Shinobu and both sisters are great (I don't like Kaiki but it seems he's part of the same group in the past as they are now). We got the bits about other characters and some questions are still left to be answered (about Suruga's origin mentioned by Kaiki for example). There were also some really memorable and unforgettable episodes (4 and 8).

7/10 There were some flaws this time but I definitely enjoyed this season.

Aug 18, 2015 11:25 PM
Loved this season, but I'm not sure if I liked this or Bakemonogatari better. I thought that I would mind the fan service, but I didn't. I'm excited to continue the Monogatari series. 9/10

Aug 25, 2015 5:43 PM

Even if its fake, its makes up for it with effort. Ep 11.

Plot: Tsukihi was actually a cuckoo: a bird that puts its own egg into the nest of others and is reborn every time it dies of natural aging. Despite all this, Araragi fights Kagenui for the sister he believes is his sister. He manages to convince Kagenui to let Tsukihi go as an exception.

CHaracter: Kagenui is a powerful hypocrite. It was pretty much all in her talk of not stuffing ideals down other people's throats. Even if she was technically right, she was wrong. However the reveal she gave about her, Oshino, and Kaiki does reveal a great deal and how those 3 split off in their own ideals about things.

Koyomi is not a fighter. EIther that or he will never appear serious to those he knows or something. He never went full in on Tsubasa and Kanbaru due to their connections to him and those close to him. But for Kagenui he didn't want to because he's not much of a killer or just as he said, she treated him like a human. Despite what his body is right now, he might see himself as a monster and seeing the kindness of humanity presented to him by Oshino and Kagenui seem to mean a great deal.

ANimation/sound: This is the goriest ep alongside Kanbaru part 3 of the Gatari series so far.

Extra: I read on another blog that one of the important thing in this series is will. The will to do anything such as shouldering the pain of the past, the problems in the present, and perhaps even the future of yourself and others. It was the part that defeated Kagenui after all.

Thought I do wonder if a problem will come along that a strong will can't defeat.

5/5. A pretty good end to this series but not enough Tsukihi made things odd.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.

Sep 9, 2015 3:27 PM

Isn't it hot, having a sister who is not your real sister? Hell platinum yeah! Now it's possible for them to fornicate on a regular basis legally, hell they may even marry if they're not blood related. However step-wincest is great but wincest is still wincest and Karen is a great option too but I'm for treesome wincest for sure ;)
Dat kiss! He kissed her, she's platinum happy, that was just all of a sudden and unexpected for her and later she just wanted him to kiss her again.
Man, Tsukihi is so cool, I'm in love. It seems I got second waifu and what now, I get my own harem? XDDDD

And now she's jealous and platinum mad because he has gf,

brocon that is :P I wish they kissed again and I wanted more Tsukihi x Koyomi ending but oh well... My platinum tears are running out.

And I like Karen's short hair too, she looks like Bake Kanbaru that way.

About that fight - well Koyomi got his ass kicked for Tsukihi and it's totally worth it. However final wasn't expected and was funny especially because of Yotsugi-chan (Hayami Saori :3), I said it with a posed look, lol, what a cliffchanger, remembered me of Borderlands 2 and Clap-trap'a mega-uber quest lol. Granny Shinobu is cool too, now he can rub her breasts, at last :3
Modified by tsundereharasser, Sep 9, 2015 6:48 PM

Oct 16, 2015 2:04 PM

Senjougahara's hair cut is horrific. I enjoyed the series but what's with all the silly haircut's???? anyway can Koyomi actually fight? he always seems to get his ass kicked.

Will pick up the second season soon.

Oct 27, 2015 4:59 PM

Senjougahara was missed this season, and her hair will be missed in the coming season as well. With all that aside i actually liked the ending a lot. The Kaiki story line was very interesting, and even with all the fanservice (excuse my lack for a better term) it seemed tasteful. The witty dialogue and interesting role it played made this out of the ordinary anime very enjoyable. Karen and Tsukihi got much needed background. 7/10.

Oct 28, 2015 1:14 AM

Shinobu is so hooot! Love her teen version more :D

Nov 1, 2015 5:02 PM

A dull season with nothing worthy of note actually happening. Hopefully Monogatari second season will be an improvement over this.
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier

Dec 31, 2015 6:28 AM

Poor Araragi. He got hurt badly again.

Good ending.
sup

Jan 7, 2016 11:46 AM

9/10. I just love this series right now <3

Mar 18, 2016 6:20 PM

I don't know why but i liked this season more than bakemono. Maybe i enjoyed the whole family thing.

8/10 for me.

Mar 28, 2016 9:21 PM

Of course Shinobu has a donut hoodie...
I really enjoyed this season... not as much as the first, but I do look forward to the next.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______

Apr 5, 2016 8:29 PM

Why on earth Karen Bee was 7 episodes and Tsukihi Phoenix only 4 is beyond me.

Apr 21, 2016 12:29 AM

Almost every time there's a fight Araragi gets beat up real bad. Still, it was nice to see the sisters in this season.

Jun 21, 2016 9:56 PM
Ah, that's some good stuff. Kaiki is the best character in Monogatari thus far.

Aug 2, 2016 1:09 PM

Nice ending, Shinobu looked like a blond version of Karen with her ponytail again ^^
At first I thought this season was worse than the first one, but the last episodes made up for that. Once again a great show, 9/10 :3

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

Preview MangaManga Store