Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2012 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And that's it. A yuri ending, kind of a yuri harem ending, and mostly some pair-up-the-spares ending. Oh, well. It ended on a better note than expected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2012 2:25 PM

Apr 2011
Well that was lame. I was strongly hoping for a Sora x Akane ending but instead I got Sora x Tsuki. I'm all for yandere (shoutouts to Mirai Nikki), but Tsuki was annoyingly manipulative. Sora deserves someone way better than her. Other than that, I dislike the ending in general. Not enough El and and Reiko and the sudden shipping felt somewhat forced. I would've rather had them avoid romance altogether and give Sora a harem as the ending, but now I'm annoyed.

I enjoyed the plot at least. The way they presented "everything isn't what it seems" was perfectly done.
Sep 11, 2012 11:00 AM

Jun 2008
slicer45 Sora deserves someone way better than her. Other than that, I dislike the ending in general. Not enough El and and Reiko and the sudden shipping felt somewhat forced. I would've rather had them avoid romance altogether and give Sora a harem as the ending.[/quote said:

ditto
Jan 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Feb 2009
This ending was... terrible. The asspulls in the last chapters were absolutely painful.
Feb 3, 2013 11:44 AM

Oct 2008
well I was expecting....a different ending...I guess.
Aug 29, 2013 8:45 PM

Apr 2010
lol those last 3 chapters sucked really bad
Sep 11, 2013 12:52 PM

Oct 2011
These asspulls and all those forced pairings. Step by step on how to screw up your endings.
My sides.
Oct 3, 2013 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
That ending card ...

Well the story wasn't bad, but the ending screwed up the whole thing...
Too forced and too rushed. I expected yuri ending but nothing like this. Tsuki is crazy, she basicly manipulated Sora from childhood.
Also how old is Karin, in flashbacks he looked pretty much the same when Sora and Tsuki were kids...
Blue_QbeOct 3, 2013 12:42 PM
Nov 12, 2013 4:28 AM

Feb 2010
well, that really escalated quickly... whole story was good, art was ok but like everyone said, last chapters were so rushed. meh, i dont mind yuri still i was waiting for hetero ending. everyone became couple only karin and akane left alone, pity for them. 7/10 from me.
MyloxethNov 12, 2013 5:21 AM

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Nov 17, 2013 6:10 AM
Jun 2012
What's hoping for a yuri Harem ending, too bad. Great series overall, but like everyone else hate how that random twist towards the end, was just too sudden

Merue said:
everyone became couple only karin and akane left alone, pity for them.

??? Since when did they all become a pairing? Atleast out of the girls in Sora's harem only Reiko seemed to end up with a guy, no idea what's going on with Yuki and that other guy (already forgot his name), and everyone else ended up being friends with things in common with Koharu regaining her hope to be with Sora, atleast that's how I saw the ending.
May 6, 2014 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
I finished reading it in one sitting. lol was hoping to be harem ending too. But still i'm glad that Sora got that Tsuki girl:) I agree the ending sucked really bad,it was too forced and they just had to forced those hetero pairings down your throat because they think eventually it should be that way lool. Pehh!
even Sora looked a bit like a dude in the end..
But still I gotta say this manga is my fav because of the plot, action and the art.
May 17, 2014 9:11 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, no...

even after reading the whole thing I'm still confused on what really was the point of the whole thing. The whole setup doesn't make sense. But oh well, we get girls kissing each other in the end so it guess it was worth it ? LEL

6/10
Jan 9, 2015 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
A little disappointed with this ending. With the character development and the plot and progression, I was expecting a harem ending with Sora, and honestly I would have preferred that over sudden forced shippings. I mean I could see a slight bit of shipping but the majority was focused on Sora x All the females, and let me be honest, I don't hate harems at all, in fact I'm all for them, especially when all the females are just too likable, Tsuki was actually my least favorite character so it irked me that she ended up with Sora.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 15, 2015 11:33 PM

Nov 2011
Ending was pretty meh and silly. The story overall wasn't good either and never really had a momentum going on that tried to establish. 5/10. If this was a bit longer and focused more on characterization rather than its quirky comedy, then it might of been better.
Oct 28, 2015 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
First half of the manga was brilliant but from there on it went down and last few chapters ware absolutely terrible!
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Aug 31, 2016 1:04 AM

Jan 2015
PurpleYam said:
Well that was lame. I was strongly hoping for a Sora x Akane ending but instead I got Sora x Tsuki. I'm all for yandere (shoutouts to Mirai Nikki), but Tsuki was annoyingly manipulative. Sora deserves someone way better than her. Other than that, I dislike the ending in general. Not enough El and and Reiko and the sudden shipping felt somewhat forced. I would've rather had them avoid romance altogether and give Sora a harem as the ending, but now I'm annoyed.

I enjoyed the plot at least. The way they presented "everything isn't what it seems" was perfectly done.

There are so many other stories that would suit you better in the regard of Sora x Akane. In a series like this, the yuri pairing was a bare minimum expectation. Overall though, the ending was quite disappointing.
Jan 20, 2017 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
I liked this manga quite a lot, but with every plot twist at the end the story got more and more absurd.

such as:

The author made the girls overlook heavy physical abuse with the excuse the boys had kinda good intentions and were desperate, too.

spontaneous shipping of victims and perpetrators of said heavy physical abuse
(....absolutly hated the every aspect of the shipping of the side characters (spontaneous, victims and perpetrators, all hetero not a single yuri).
....hate in general when in the end everyone suddenly forms couples as playing musical chairs "you become a couple with who is closest to you and we are suddenly all happy couples even tho 2/3 of you had a crush on the MC two seconds ago" )

The age differences suddenly skyrocketed or rather became unclear with el and the mother of the glasses guy already beeing adults when Sora and Tsuki were still kids (were they 30 year olds playing high school kids??)

the whole point of making the girls slaves and have them abused was to protect the pride of some old farts????????

the fact that tsuki drove her stepfather into his early dead is ignored by everyone

and many other things...

Thoght I liked the fairytale conection and how justice and moral became gray areas.
Jun 30, 2017 8:29 PM

Feb 2014
Danm... those forced het relationship.................. *sigh*

Yuki who even attempted to kiss Sora is now all fondly with that crazy shota boy... so forced.. seriously.

To be sincere, I was expecting a yuri harem.
I got disappointed.
Nov 12, 2017 11:15 AM

Mar 2013
I'm not even sure what I should really say about this manga. The plot were full of things that doesn't make sense. For instance, why bother going to that school at all in the first place if you're only gonna be a slave? Guess it is inevitable if you couldn't think of a more defining method to bait your audiences. Some secrets were revealed way too soon and thus ruining the tension and suspense whatsoever, but I'd glossed it off anyway for the chance to see more yuri contents (which is in the lowest amount possible), some of the fight scenes were clearly hard to understand and skipped for whatever reason, and everything felt very convoluted toward the end (call me an idiot but I totally didn't get why there's a sudden timeskip and there's not even a final major boss fight! All of a sudden, she's pulling the hand of this Akane guy which I don't even know what the fuck his purpose is and Himoto's voice is broadcasted throughout the entire school, rambling some super forgetteable quotes and voila, everything suddenly settled and the whole Iwajihara is crumbled). Not to mention that there's gay in here too for some reason (which I don't mind at all but I don't think it should be mixed in with lesbian), I'd also noticed the forced straight pairing which irritated the fuck out of me because that's not what I'm reading a yuri manga for.

Tsuki was also not lovable and her being ended up with the main protagonist was downright forced, plus has very little development, and much like everyone else, I would've ecpected a yuri harem ending which is exclusively rare but nope. And yeah, let's just forget all those goddamn abuse that the boys had done right out of the blue, as all things in the past, should stay in the past, right? It's not like the girls actually received permanent damages and traumas due to all those bullshit that they were forced to go through anyway for some reason. They're probably tanks. Soujo and Togyu or whatever their name were was so laughably comical and irritating, designed clearly as daylight to make you hate their guts but in the end, all is forgiven, to pave for such a lovely and happy ending. So sweet.

At the end of the day, gotta have to gave this one a bit of a low score because it doesn't satisfy me at all.
Arisa_LucifiriaNov 12, 2017 5:00 PM
Feb 4, 2019 7:22 PM
Jan 2019
I know I am years late to this, but the ending is so awful I cannot see how this got decent reviews when it finished

There could be a decent message about how patriarchy harms men and other things like quietly acquiescing to the oppression of others like the glasses guy doing at first being bad or the self serving justification of abusers as doing the abuse to protect those they abuse from worse things. The manga just instead both sides horrific abuse and the motives for the vile actions of the guys sweeping away any responsibility

The fairy tale analogy the story is rooted in does not work when one kingdom in the fairy tale is fundamentally based on oppression but we are supposed to believe the kingdom does not need to be destroyed as a kingdom ASAP and those who protect it are OK people
Apr 5, 2019 8:43 AM
Jan 2018
I usually never write reviews but this chapter was awful I really thought it was something new because yuri harems are rare imo ...But Anyway what’s up with the girls being paired up with their abusers ??? I am disgusted. The tsun was so in love with the mc and suddenly she doesn’t care? The other girl that was crying at wedding was told to find another route? As in marry the guy who sexually harassed you? The other that was close to kissing the mc suddenly likes shotas? What a shitty ending.. even the yuri pairing was bad the protagonist marrying the most manipulative that hurt her several times.. that’s all crap I wanted a simple yuri harem ending was all of this shit necessary? Nope. 5/10 and that’s a compliment imo
Apr 14, 2019 12:40 PM
Feb 2018
I remember reading this years back and thought it was good so I reread it again today and...well I was so wrong I guess I thought it was good because I only remembered the shoujo ai parts.

It was ok at the beginning but the sudden "We men are suffering too" like where? If all of them in the student council didn't want to do it in the first place then they shouldn't be participating at this game at all and why did Karin let Tsuki do this,, it's as if this is just for Sora's character development. They went through all those trouble when Karin shouldn't have let Tsuki make this "game" in the first place.

Also not at how it says to just casually forgive those men who have caused so much abuse, humiliation, and trauma to women. That one guy literally hurt TONS of girls and him just saying "I didn't actually want to do it." made all of his mistakes immediately be forgotten.

I have so much more to point out but I really want to forget this manga already it's such a pain to read.
Jun 17, 2019 2:39 PM

May 2018
This story started out very strong. The setting from the start did make me feel uncomfortable with tones of rape and abuse but it never showed anything too graphic to make me stop reading. And honestly I'm not really a fan of harems to begin with so from the start, I didn't really have high hopes for this manga. That being said, I found myself absorbed into the story by the likeable group of girls that Sora recruited along her journey, and early on she played the role of the harem MC very well with both her naive nature and density towards the girls pursuing her.

Which is why the ending of this story left me with such a bitter taste in my mouth. Starting with the obvious issue, the forced hetero relationships between the victims and their abusers. I'm not sure who thought this was a good idea, even reading it out aloud sets off alarm bells. There are some that are worse than others but Yuki and Koharu stood out. Starting with Yuki, maybe she fell victim to what felt like a rushed ending, this pair up is pretty much based on El saying she is alike with the kid whose name I honestly didn't care to remember. Most of Yuki's story was based on how she felt about Sora, going as far as to want to 'walk next to her', 'be of use to her' and nearly kissing her which makes the whole thing even more unrealistic.

Then we get on to the worst offender in these forced relationships. Even in a fictional world, it is hard to believe someone who was on the end of attempted rape would ever be happy to hear 'give me [x] back'. With it being a harem, you know ultimately you'll be left with a few characters not making the cut to be MC's one true love, and Koharu gets pushed to being a side character pretty early. So it was only expected that she'd probably end up being partnered with someone else but my goodness, even Yuki would of made more sense. But not only that, come the end it's implied that despite the weird pairing, she's still in love with Sora so yeah...

Really the others aren't that bad, it's not implied Oashi develops romantic feelings for the guy with the whip and Hiyo was already a bit of a basket case so I'd rather not touch on her, her sister and that weird dude. Lastly I'd say Reiko's either wasn't all that bad since Sumita wasn't really much of a bad guy, but it still came off as forced given Reiko and MC seemed to have the most intimate relationship out of all the Harem.

So yeah, this manga for me started hot and was looking at an 8, but it ended on a 4 so I split the difference and rated it 6. I've never actually posted a rant before but this one really left me disappointed.
AnimeJoshuaaJun 17, 2019 2:48 PM
Mar 14, 9:11 AM

Aug 2018
All the previous replies have said exactly what initially drew me into this series and what made me ultimately so disappointed with its final arc, so I’m just going to say this:

This manga feels like it was written by someone who watched Revolutionary Girl Utena and came to the conclusion that Akio was the true victim and that the anime should’ve ended with Utena still being a knight like Dios planned for her to be and wearing the girl’s uniform like Toga coached her to, and that Anthy should still be wearing the rose bride uniform while “finally free” and continue working with Akio and forgiving Akio in respects to her love for Dios.
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shitsurakuen Chapter 1 Discussion

ckam - Nov 10, 2009

8 by Npdib88 »»
Mar 29, 2018 9:23 AM

» Chapter 11.5 (omake)

Wannabiteme - Aug 8, 2016

0 by Wannabiteme »»
Aug 8, 2016 4:36 PM

Poll: » Shitsurakuen Chapter 20 Discussion

ckam - Jan 22, 2011

2 by Valaskjalf »»
May 15, 2014 4:41 PM

Poll: » Shitsurakuen Chapter 4 Discussion

fishsniffer - Nov 4, 2009

8 by RiukixD »»
Dec 5, 2013 11:17 PM

Poll: » Shitsurakuen Chapter 6 Discussion

ckam - Jan 12, 2010

4 by Akko526 »»
Jun 10, 2013 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.