Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2012 3:01 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
Ya except all of this could have been avoided in the first episode by just letting Sara know that she was not simply giving land back to her people but instead sending in troops to invade and kill the current inhabitants of the land. Luscinia and others chose to keep this information from her in order to have their own agendas and ideologies met. The poor girl thought she was making everyone happy but instead made herself and her nation get labeled as evil tyrants bent on world domination. Many innocent people could have survived by a simple treaty between the nations or a surrender of Sara's power in the name of peace.

I thought the ending and Luscinia's actions would have a bigger more meaningful purpose but it's just turning out to be a remix of season one's ending. Instead of the guild trying to control everyone it's now Luscinia, only with a slightly different purpose. I'm a bit disappointed.
Letting Sara knows his plan would be simply turning her into a ruthless ruler instead of just him being evil alone. Yes, the poor girl has to suffer all this but in the end her path is already carved for her she just have to simply walk forward with a winning bottom waiting for her to press on and all this is done without having her giving a single order to kill anyone.

If a simply treaty between the nation would work then Farahnāz wouldn't have to die. Surrendering her power would earn nothing but even more chaos because other nations would want to be the new leader.

With only one more episode to go I don't think I can expect much but I don't think that Luscinia's actions was only to create peace because this wouldn't solve another problem that the world is having right now. Even with peace being restored but the lack of resources is still there and the world is heading its end.

For now we know why the Guild was created and became too powerful but we still have no idea(IIRC) why the Exiles were created and left behind.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 24, 2012 4:49 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
guidodi said:
So........ we have to believe that they designed their best ship with a cannon that when you fire makes a hole in your own ship and then you can't use it anymore??

Looks like typical experimental technology to me. New weapons in particular usually don't work as well in the field as they did on the firing range.

guidodi said:
And millia 3 episodes ago was an idiot who couldn't even prepare a sandwich and 2 episodes later she is the leader, creates strategies and leads everyone in battle??
This anime keeps getting worse with each episode.

Hmm. I disagree. Millia was pretty irrelevant for the first 10 or so episodes, but since episode 13 her resolve hardened considerably and she's been steadily turning herself into a leader and did lead forces in battle in previous engagements, so this was not sudden change in character ability.
Mar 27, 2012 4:48 AM

Oct 2007
So an entire nation bow to the little girl Sara does make sense to you?

Mar 27, 2012 5:09 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
guidodi said:
I know she lead the forces in other engagements, it didn't make sense then and and it has even less sense now, even if she has more resolve you don't learn how to lead an army in a day. It is the battle to determine what will happen to the world and you have an entire army with generals and they decide to let a kid lead the final assault?

When you are royalty you don't need experience or talent.
Mar 27, 2012 2:24 PM

Apr 2011
guidodi said:
So........ we have to believe that they designed their best ship with a cannon that when you fire makes a hole in your own ship and then you can't use it anymore??
And millia 3 episodes ago was an idiot who couldn't even prepare a sandwich and 2 episodes later she is the leader, creates strategies and leads everyone in battle??
Her status is leader, but she just states the common sense stuff or her subordinates just ask "yes" or "no" confirmation.

Now go make me a sammy bitch! Leadership =/= great cook
vansonbeeMar 27, 2012 2:28 PM
Mar 29, 2012 4:56 PM

Feb 2012
I loved the action scenes in this episode but there were a few things that bothered me.

1. They let 1/3 of their fleet get killed with that first beam shot when they had an exile they could use as a shield. Sure it paid out in the end because they targeted a city for no good reason, but there was no way they could have known that at the time. I would hate to serve on one of those ships if I knew that my commanders would let 1/3 of us die instead of using our defense.

2. It may be possible to gain peace by putting gun to everyone’s head but that won’t fix the underlying problem that caused the war. There are too many people on the planet. They need major agriculture reforms and other policies if they want to fix it peacefully or let the wars run their course and have that reduce the population.

3. They should have kept Sorush dead. They just undermined the most powerful moment of the series in my opinion.
Mar 29, 2012 7:27 PM

Jun 2007
Siva said:
DeathfireD said:
Ya except all of this could have been avoided in the first episode by just letting Sara know that she was not simply giving land back to her people but instead sending in troops to invade and kill the current inhabitants of the land. Luscinia and others chose to keep this information from her in order to have their own agendas and ideologies met. The poor girl thought she was making everyone happy but instead made herself and her nation get labeled as evil tyrants bent on world domination. Many innocent people could have survived by a simple treaty between the nations or a surrender of Sara's power in the name of peace.

I thought the ending and Luscinia's actions would have a bigger more meaningful purpose but it's just turning out to be a remix of season one's ending. Instead of the guild trying to control everyone it's now Luscinia, only with a slightly different purpose. I'm a bit disappointed.
Letting Sara knows his plan would be simply turning her into a ruthless ruler instead of just him being evil alone. Yes, the poor girl has to suffer all this but in the end her path is already carved for her she just have to simply walk forward with a winning bottom waiting for her to press on and all this is done without having her giving a single order to kill anyone.

If a simply treaty between the nation would work then Farahnāz wouldn't have to die. Surrendering her power would earn nothing but even more chaos because other nations would want to be the new leader.

With only one more episode to go I don't think I can expect much but I don't think that Luscinia's actions was only to create peace because this wouldn't solve another problem that the world is having right now. Even with peace being restored but the lack of resources is still there and the world is heading its end.

For now we know why the Guild was created and became too powerful but we still have no idea(IIRC) why the Exiles were created and left behind.

I don't think you fully understand what I'm saying. Letting Sara know wouldn't have turned her into a ruthless ruler...not telling her already did that. People outside of her country see her as a ruthless tyrant. They don't know she has no idea what's going on. If she had known at the start it would have given her a chance to make righteous changes to please both her people and other country's. Instead of taking over a country and forcing them to follow your rules and laws she could have set up alliances and made deals that would please everyone.

Again, if she had known from the start she would have had more support from the generals and it would have been easier for her to step down and distribute her power equally with other country's that clearly have no problems allying with her when they know she's not going to sneak in and take over their land.

I just think this whole story could have been solved in 5 episodes.
Mar 30, 2012 6:40 AM

Oct 2007
I think I didn't word myself right last time.
You have your point in your theory that Sara would have try your way of acquiring peace. But that is not what Luscinia trying to achieve. And I don't think any body in the show have ever thought that Sara was the one who ordered the killing spree because most of her power was under Luscinia's control. Keeping her in the dark is the best way to achieve his goal without letting her getting in the way.

Why didn't Luscinia think your theory would work? Well, wasn't that was what Farahnāz did last time and end with losing her own life? Even if Luscinia let Sara try her way, it might be right that other country would ally with her and thinking she is just a little girl and she wouldn't sneak on us but in turn no one can tell once she lost her power, by distribute her power equally, no one wouldn't want to sneak on her instead... we are talking about a world that is heading its end due to the lack of resource after all. And there is no telling that Glacies would come and join hand in hand with everyone.

I don't think Luscinia's goal was to gain peace by simply patching thing up with everyone. He is trying to fix the world by turning it up side down and make it change.
SivaMar 30, 2012 6:43 AM

Mar 31, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
Mormegil said:
Yeah, that didn't look anything like Sophia.

She got a new hair stylist and ditched the glasses.

guidodi said:

You are an idiot. Didn't you noticed that when the girls reached there at the center said the ship was unfinished? Also when the laser canons had such problems it was mention by the crew of Silvana that it was strange.
And Milia has become more capable than simply making a sandwich a lot more than 3 episodes ago. Learn to count and it's called character development. It happened in-frond of your eyes with all the things she had to think about and live through and you still didn't notice? Why did you think they made all those episodes with her struggling to learn stuff and her feelings of her sister's actions? How much must they spoon feed every intellectually incapable of getting even the most basic stuff like yourself? Do you need big bold letters over their heads explaining what they are doing too?
Apr 4, 2012 2:26 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
guidodi said:
But It is not a matter of resolve, if you have 50 generals that spent their hole life fighting you are not gonna let a 14 years old girl lead the army in the battle to decide the fate of the world. IT IS STUPID.
She's royalty. That gives her the right. Check your history books.
Apr 6, 2012 12:08 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
guidodi said:
Just checked man and no record of 14 years old girls leading an Alliance of several countries againts a super power in a battle to decide the fate of the world.

Hell. Are you really going to split hairs and require examples of leading an alliance to save the world???

Hell. off the top of my head is Joan of Arc, and she wasn't even royalty.

also off the top of my head, Alexander the Great was leading independent commands to suppress revolts when he was 16.

guidodi said:

I suposse you think Sara should lead the Ades fleet too since she is loyalty and not leave that task to the Generals.

Ass. I NEVER said I thought it was smart. I said it was a historical right of royalty to lead armies, and there were examples of it happening. If you're going to be that way, there's no point in me trying to answer your original question. I see no need to talk with somebody who's not going to take my responses in a reasonable manner. If you disagree with my answer, that's fine. Being a smart ass about it is not.
Apr 6, 2012 2:13 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Bah. I don't know why I bother here - not worth the aggravation.
Apr 10, 2012 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
Hey Sorush is still alive in his own his flagship? I though he died back in Boreas. WTH?

Vincent, Sophia and even Wina on the old Silvana came through on the nick of time. Decisive entrance for Anatoray-Disith! That's not the Sophia I remember though, and I miss the old her. X( Anyway I'm still glad they showed up.

Did Urbanus upgraded their pointy and very sharp bow to diamond or what? Since Urbanus can break Exile tentacles now, they charged through one of the tentacles head-on and they shredded it like it was made of very brittle paper! Or maybe because the Grand Exile is not complete as Fam and Gisey commented while inside it's belly?

wakka9ca said:
Siva said:

Whichever option the world choose, Luscinia is the winner because his goal is NOT to win the war but to create a peace for the world.

The Celestial Being ideology.

And implemented like Zero Requiem.

All right, one last hurrah for the next episode! XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 6, 2012 2:05 AM

Mar 2010
tofei said:

Did Urbanus upgraded their pointy and very sharp bow to diamond or what? Since Urbanus can break Exile tentacles now, they charged through one of the tentacles head-on and they shredded it like it was made of very brittle paper! Or maybe because the Grand Exile is not complete as Fam and Gisey commented while inside it's belly?

I wondered, too - even if it's not finished, why would that affect these tentacles in a way that lets the Urbanus cut through it like butter?
Maybe cause it's charged with extra awesomeness. You know, cause it comes from the first season and so on.
Jun 13, 2012 8:15 AM

Jan 2011
i knew it, falling down a clift means still alive...

anyway, who is controlling the exiles? Luscinia or Sara? Millia or Dio? so many questions
Jun 13, 2012 10:19 AM

May 2010
Lich_King said:
guidodi said:

They designed all their exiles to be controlled by reading poems to little girls, what else would you expect?

Hah hah, great rebuttal! Though guidodi still has a point. Mmm, I think by this point I don't care anymore. I mean, it makes more sense than a lot of stuff in this series, so for me it's good enough. My standards for this show have dropped considerably, and I think I'm happier with it as a result.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 8, 2013 4:38 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this sure was an epic episode, let's see what the last episode has to offer but well this sure was good!
Feb 3, 2014 2:09 AM

Aug 2013
Sorush is still alive. I'm not even going to ask how he survived...I mean Dio's alive even after getting flung out of his vanship while in the Grand Stream.

Anatoray-Disith to the rescue! If Sophia didn't introduce herself, I wouldn't have known it was her haha. And the Urbanus is just ramming tentacles now? Talk about power-ups.

One more episode. Why do I feel like Fam's going to talk about getting along and then Luscinia will miraculously give in?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 31, 2014 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that compensates disappointments occurred in the past.
Narratively will also be a bit late, but brings back the old knowledge and the combat is nice.
Drawings and animations very valid.
Yay !!
Now I sling on the last episode, I'm a little curious to see the end now.
Apr 10, 2017 3:49 AM
Aug 2014
So Sorush is still alive and using one of the Giant Exiles weapons leaves a giant hole in the hull of the ship and yet they keep using it. Rather convenient. The Grand Exile being unfinished does explain why it was still on the planet.

The battle was a bit difficult to follow, I didn't get the sense they were even in trouble when Anatoray came to the rescue.
Jul 30, 2021 2:20 PM

Aug 2017
That was some ridiculous amount of flying docks under Sky Pirates' control... That's what you get when you use CGI for multiplying too much models haha

People surely do like to make spaceships shoot giant destructive beams, don't they? It's everywhere.

Surely took the creators a long time to show us Anatorey-Disith do something (not counting Sylvius)...

Sorush definitely gave off the impression of the kind of character who could be brought back to life, alright. Well, never trust anybody's death unless you saw it yourself, say Luscinia and Alauda from ep. 1...

"Triple rook" is such a bizarre name.
St0rmbladeJul 30, 2021 2:32 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

78 by K-cong »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.