Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 16, 2012 7:19 PM

Feb 2009
Boosted Gear Gift. Like it says, Gift as in giving. It's suppose to give power to his teammates. You know how the Gear goes 'Boost' and Issei gains power. This new power is suppose to 'Transfer' those Boosts to his comrades, in this case Kiba.
Gift can also amplify a single attack. While it looks like BG absorbed Kiba's attack and released it, the truth is Issei just increased the power of that single attack by transferring his power to it, hence the BG saying 'Transfer'.
Mar 16, 2012 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
Raiser is gonna go down as one of the best villains of the year.
Mar 16, 2012 7:40 PM

Apr 2011
I swear when the boosted gear "changed" it looked as if it was part of a combat suit.
Maybe it is? I highly doubt it but it would be pretty bad ass to have a dragon like power armor.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 16, 2012 7:56 PM

Dec 2011
I liked it, but the ep 10 was better.

Rias giving up was bad. Hated it.
And Issei became totally useless in the end.
Mar 16, 2012 8:45 PM

May 2011
Absolutely awesome ep, the action in this series was just great, and one hell of a cliff hanger at the end. Gotta hand it to this show for really pulling things together and making this a very bad ass show.

I agree with Yume on the fan service bit. This series would have a 9 right now if they brought down the ecchi for the more serious moments, I did not agree with how they handled Asia's drama scene.
Mar 16, 2012 9:28 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode! Issei was bad ass in this one (except for tripping at the end...) Can't wait till the next episode to air. You know Issei is going to use the boost gear to the next level and pwn Raiser at the wedding. I'm looking forward to it and I hope there is a second season that follows.

Mar 16, 2012 9:44 PM
Mar 2012
Raiser is quite a boring guy, using his advantages as a Phoenix to torment his opponents.

If Rias didnt stop Raiser maybe Issei boosted gear could crash him down.
Mar 16, 2012 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
show has been pretty entertaining, too bad the last ep is going to be rushed like no tomorrow. i honestly don't know how well they will be able to fit the dialouge and action scenes together. may cut the op/ed???
Mar 16, 2012 11:06 PM
Jun 2008
yea so expecting next ep

1.wedding crasher/objection
2.”raiser let see ya grit those teeth!”.
3.more doobi
4.ONORE RAISER “We comin’ fo’ YOU d-bag sucka” now can you dig it sucka?!

yea waiting for ova & funi dub.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 16, 2012 11:34 PM

May 2011
best thing in this episode is Ravel having more screen time ... i love her

other than that episode was still awesome 4.5/5
Mar 17, 2012 12:20 AM
Oct 2010
Ugh now i can't wait till ep 12. I gotta say i didn't expect akeno to be taken down by the other queen, issei still irks me a but because of that perverted power but i've come to accept it, and after Issei practically confessed to her and Rias had that flashback and strongly hinted but didn't want to show her feelings just yet..to Issei, who kept spouting on about keeping a promise while coughing/throwing up blood left and right. I mean hell, if you are keeping a promise to the person you love, you won't stop for anything..even if that means the person is a Raiser, but Rias will. Rias would stop it and i couldn't understand why, after all that and i was expecting a last second "power from within" that killed Raiser but Rias forfeited. I didn't understand why and i was really mad at first but then i understood why. It's because she didn't want anything to happen to Issei, and he would have burned alive to the point where the healing powers didn't work on him, so smart move on Rias's part..building up a lot for the last ep.
What i think will happen and what i hope will happen, in a nutshell with no spoilers and also its heavily implied, Issei gets Rias back and finds this new power and they both confess and live happily every after
~ The Blade Children
Mar 17, 2012 12:28 AM

Feb 2012
Sad it's ending next week.

Wish it was longer though since the last few eps feel rushed but what can you do with 12 eps?

I'm expecting a happy ending next ep and an OVA epilogue.
Mar 17, 2012 12:46 AM

May 2010
Damn it Rias lost to that jerk, I thought they will wrap up this fight but oh well !!
Mar 17, 2012 1:04 AM

Jan 2011
I get the impression that the light novel series goes a lot farther than where we are in the anime, with other arcs and development. Hopefully there will be enough sales to get a second season developed eventually.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 17, 2012 1:51 AM
Mar 2012
Well, since they did this part fairly well I hope the next part does happen as done in the novel since that's the most exciting part of the first two books.

Hopefully Issei will show who's boss next time and obliterate that ignorant phoenix.
Mar 17, 2012 1:53 AM

Apr 2008
rodac said:
I get the impression that the light novel series goes a lot farther than where we are in the anime, with other arcs and development. Hopefully there will be enough sales to get a second season developed eventually.

It does go a lot farther
Mar 17, 2012 3:38 AM

Apr 2011
I was already expecting defeat when they're already a few of them left on both sides. Just hope Issei beat the crap out of that phoenix guy.
Mar 17, 2012 4:32 AM

Jan 2012
I bet all the people who called this anime "overly predictable" weren't expecting this! (I wasn't until stupid people left spoilers in the other discussions).

This was probably the best(maybe 2nd best) episode of the season!

Its a shame this anime was rushed. The rating game lasted ..what, 2 episodes?

About this ep:
I was about to get pissed when they didn't show how Kiba defeated those three girls from the previous ep, but they made up for it in this episode by showing him fight another Knight, plus showing his "hidden" ability.

I don't really like how Issei pulled a new power outta his ass though. I did lmao when Issei destroyed that girl's clothes then immediately blasted her away!

I didn't predict that they would lose(until it was spoiled for me). Kiba was defeated almost outta nowhere. And I guess Issei's promotion went to waste..

And I'm sure none of us really believe that Rias will marry Phenex. (This is just my guess, but still..)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2012 5:52 AM

Nov 2009
That... was awesome. I enjoyed it.
Mar 17, 2012 7:07 AM

Jan 2012
This episode was exactly what I was looking for out of this series :P

But yeah, that kind of sucks that Rias resigned :x I guess she cares about Issei that much. How sweet. Still, now she has to marry that douche. I wonder what'll happen for the finale, and if it'll leave an opening for an S2...
Lemme smang it girl.
Mar 17, 2012 8:40 AM

Jan 2010
Surprisingly enjoyable. If only the rest of the show was this good.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Mar 17, 2012 8:59 AM

Dec 2011
Kerozinn said:
Darklight0303 said:
Then you're clearly watching this show with your eyes closed.

sadly im not. maybe i would like it better with eyes closed.

Then don't watch if it is pointless to you, mongrel.
Mar 17, 2012 10:36 AM

Oct 2010
:______: one episode to the end...
Mar 17, 2012 12:44 PM

Jul 2011
wow, i started watching this anime recently and i thought it was shit at first but it has gotten MUCH better, but this epicness dont mean shit unless the end it well next episode and then maybe they will get a 2nd season
Mar 17, 2012 2:40 PM

Jan 2010
Fuck. NTR route. Come at me bro.
Mar 17, 2012 3:56 PM

Jun 2009
Decent episode, but Issei powering up ad infinitum like that was a tad ridiculous.
Mar 17, 2012 4:02 PM

Jul 2009
Really - out of the six characters, was anybody suprised by those three getting taken out?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing a wedding. ;)
It won't go threw, but if it did - perfect set-up to a new series.

Mar 17, 2012 4:04 PM

Aug 2011
Intense episode, I practically NEEDED the ED to take the edge off. The fights were entertaining.

I was shocked to see Rias do that at the end, you could feel the heartbreak in Issei as Phoenix held her in his arms. I thought he would just gain absurd amounts of power and take down Phoenix shounen-style, although it was heading down that route when Issei acquired the second Boost phase.

Can't wait to watch the conclusion to this series next week!
Mar 17, 2012 4:23 PM
Mar 2012
When is the next episode, 12, coming out?
Mar 17, 2012 4:40 PM

Apr 2008
BlackKnight27 said:
Decent episode, but Issei powering up ad infinitum like that was a tad ridiculous.

It wasn't ad infinitum. His body broke down near the end or did you miss that?
Mar 17, 2012 6:55 PM

Mar 2010
as much as I like this anime I can't stand Issei and his constant babbling, I know what would have allowed them to win, if Issei had have shut the fuck up and blasted Raiser with his boosted dragon cannon from point blank range all would have been well and good but nope since this is an anime he has to talk for 5 minutes while he gets the shit kicked out of him, he suffers from something I like to call Allen Walker syndrome, the condition that many anime characters have where they have great power but get distracted to damn easily and therefore end up getting PWNED, one of the reason why D-Grey Man was painful to watch, I may be getting a bit sereous but this shit ruins anime, it doesn't add drama ffs it just makes the hero look pathetic, just sayin
Mar 17, 2012 7:01 PM

Mar 2010
It was a good episode but I really didn't think Rias was going to resigned. I totally wasn't prepared for that. And it hurt my eyes to see Rias in the arms of Raiser McDick.

I hope Issei blow that marrige to bits and I hope for a second season.
Mar 17, 2012 9:16 PM

Dec 2011
A pity this is still only the second book of the series. I guess we won't get to see Zenovia and Irina, and going further, Rossweisse and Cao Cao unless we get a second season.
Mar 17, 2012 11:08 PM

Jul 2009
d4n13lr0x said:
Fuck. NTR route. Come at me bro.

OH LOLOLOLOLOL.
Mar 17, 2012 11:43 PM

Oct 2011
amazing episode with a surprisingly small amount of naked girls compared to usual - didn't miss it too much however, as the ratings game was amazing to watch! a very sad ending, but i have a feeling everything will be turned upside-down in episode 12 - can't believe there's only one more episode...this show's been a real surprise to me in that it turned out to be very enjoyable - i was under the assumption when i saw previews that it would be an extremely average harem type anime along the lines of sekirei or something equally dull, however, it turned out to be funny, action-packed, and very moving at times - great show!!! let's all pray for a second season!!!
Mar 17, 2012 11:55 PM
Aug 2010
Well, I'll give this series A LOT OF CREDIT for not being so cliche and predictable.

Although, I still believe in the end, the "Good Guys" will win....like always.

It's not like Rias is really going to marry Raiser....obviously the crappy MC will rescue her or do something to stop the wedding.

However, I'm pleased with this episode and how I predict this anime will end.

Honestly, I wasn't too sure about a second season, but now I really believe this anime should get one.

Overall, this was the best episode so far, and this arc has been much better than I expected (then again I had ZERO expectations for this arc ).

5/5 for the episode, I will most likely give this anime a 7/10.

However, 10/10 for the ecchi :D
Mar 18, 2012 12:22 AM
Mar 2012
ichigo03 said:
Well, I'll give this series A LOT OF CREDIT for not being so cliche and predictable.

Although, I still believe in the end, the "Good Guys" will win....like always.

It's not like Rias is really going to marry Raiser....obviously the crappy MC will rescue her or do something to stop the wedding.

However, I'm pleased with this episode and how I predict this anime will end.

Honestly, I wasn't too sure about a second season, but now I really believe this anime should get one.

They already lost the game so problably they will win on the next ep so it can have a possible second season (i hope it , they have alot of nice stuff from the LN).
Mar 18, 2012 12:34 AM
Jun 2009
Kerozinn said:
Darklight0303 said:
^Another pointless comment from a pointless troll

not trolling. its my honest opinion. cause everythign happened sofar was pointless more or less. the whole fight was pointless. oh and i am soo sure the ending will be bad n pointless too. i put my hand in fire if its not. lol

did i hurt ur e-feeling or why u so butthurt ? damn fanbois

why cant you spell boy right? Im seriously asking ive never seen anyone misspell boys before.
Mar 18, 2012 2:05 AM
Dec 2009
sigh, what a disappointment.. can't believe this became ever more cliche.. seriously did not want to see Rias give up. can't expect much out of this anime anymore. so sad though, next episode I'm going to see such a weak Rias that it's going to piss me off -_-
tag©.androgynous
Mar 18, 2012 2:21 AM

Dec 2011
nostripe361 said:
Kerozinn said:
Darklight0303 said:
^Another pointless comment from a pointless troll

not trolling. its my honest opinion. cause everythign happened sofar was pointless more or less. the whole fight was pointless. oh and i am soo sure the ending will be bad n pointless too. i put my hand in fire if its not. lol

did i hurt ur e-feeling or why u so butthurt ? damn fanbois

why cant you spell boy right? Im seriously asking ive never seen anyone misspell boys before.

Well, not like I anything to do with this but he didn't mispell it, fanboi is a term that is somewhat like a slang, you see.

Though, I don't blame you for mistaking it. Afterall, the writer of this sentence is a mongrel who doesn't even bother to use uppercase and lowercase properly and the fact that he spell everything as "everythign", so far as "sofar" and use such broken language like "I put my hand in fire if its not", all this are the aspect of a fucked up retard who think he is so good at judging, one that will never amount to anything and that of a mongrel pointless troll.
Vita-Mar 18, 2012 2:30 AM
Mar 18, 2012 2:42 AM

Apr 2008
Jryou said:
as much as I like this anime I can't stand Issei and his constant babbling, I know what would have allowed them to win, if Issei had have shut the fuck up and blasted Raiser with his boosted dragon cannon from point blank range all would have been well and good but nope since this is an anime he has to talk for 5 minutes while he gets the shit kicked out of him, he suffers from something I like to call Allen Walker syndrome, the condition that many anime characters have where they have great power but get distracted to damn easily and therefore end up getting PWNED, one of the reason why D-Grey Man was painful to watch, I may be getting a bit sereous but this shit ruins anime, it doesn't add drama ffs it just makes the hero look pathetic, just sayin

You're missing the point that Phenix is pretty much immortal. Rias blasted off both his arms and he regenerated them in seconds. Issei is not strong enough to weild the god slaying full power of the Boosted Gear and that was made crystal clear more than once.
Mar 18, 2012 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
Let's see a immortal guy who can regenerate limbs in seconds vs A perverted high school boy who's just learning how to use the boosted gear= Fair match xD

Phoenix is the main bad guy for a reason, he isn't going to be beaten that easily :L
Mar 18, 2012 8:36 AM

May 2008
hope this sells good and gets a season 2 because i doubt he will be Phoenix next episode rofl
Mar 18, 2012 9:03 AM

Feb 2008
I liked this episode. Altough some scenes are cut from the LN, but still good.
The anime only covers volume 1 & 2. LN already has 11th volume and the 12th volume coming in april 20th. So yeah, LN is far more ahead. With lots of newcoming girls and villains.

Relunx
Mar 18, 2012 9:28 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was really entertaining. One of the best episodes so far. I can't believe Akeno lost to that bitch queen.
Mar 18, 2012 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
In the end she resigns anyway, wtf. Well, only more episode and this nonsense is over. I guess Issei will be "objecting" at the wedding ceremony.

Mar 18, 2012 11:02 PM

Sep 2009
Viking1337 said:
It was a good episode but I really didn't think Rias was going to resigned. I totally wasn't prepared for that. And it hurt my eyes to see Rias in the arms of Raiser McDick.

I hope Issei blow that marrige to bits and I hope for a second season.

xD

But I can't I disagree on any of it.
Mar 19, 2012 8:31 AM

Jul 2008
This would be very disappointing if there isn't any second season.

To be honest it's like they just based their anime on various intrigues of the 14th-18th Century among the nobility in Europe. Medici, Bourbon, Habsburg, Tudor, Orange, Borgia, etc. And then just added boobies, angels, demons, fallen angels, and put them in a modern backdrop.
Mar 19, 2012 8:32 AM

Jun 2009
Welp, at least he tried.

Just hoping for a second season. I want to see Zenovia.
Mar 19, 2012 8:45 AM

Jun 2009
I'm still expecting to see Issei kill that phoenix bastard, and even take over his harem.

If that doesn't happen or anything like that to satiate my hunger for revenge, I'll be deeply affected.

Hahaha!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would an "ecchiless" adaptation of DxD work?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 20

34 by IpreferEcchi »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

1 by IpreferEcchi »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.