Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 7, 2008 3:03 PM

Aug 2008
leizaR said:

My plans for WAR are, find a friend who has it/ get a friend addicted to it and watch them play then see if i'll like it =)

That's a brilliant idea. I have stuff to do all of september, so I'll be doing the same. Encouraging my friends to play, and then just hop on and join them IF the game is good in october.

Lacrimosus said:
Going to be switching (If you can call it that havent played wow in a month or 2) but will be trying Wrath when it shows up.

Hope its going to be a bit more challenging and when i say that i dont mean having to use 90% of your life to get better gear since that is just time consuming >>

I know exactly where you're coming from. To get to the good end game content in WoW you have to spend so much time in the game. To get the best gear you have to deal with low drop rates PLUS competition from people that are the same class as you. I know it was meant to make the game competitive and it helps the elite really stick out. But I think there's a problem when elite = "that which has no life". How do you kill that which has no life? (I hope southpark makes a WAR episode if the game picks up.)
WAR looks really ambitious, but any game that tries to kill the 2 hour wait it takes to find a group, is worth a shot in my opinion.
-Study, work hard, and be successful. Nobody wants to make out with a loser.
Sep 7, 2008 10:30 PM

Aug 2008
I played WoW for about six months after launch, got terribly bored and haven't missed it in years.

Currently playing Lord of the Rings Online and looking forward to Aion. Not really interested in WAR, bit too PvP centric and I'm totally unimpressed with the art. AoC I knew was never for me.
Sep 7, 2008 10:40 PM
Jun 2006
pvp on war plays like wow bgs kind of.. zerg zerg zerg :>

on the other side,, Warhammer lore is a hell of a lot more flushed out then the warcraft lore, to even begin comparing the 2.....

looking forward to aion also, but time will tell

and are they dumbing down wow even more?..... *sigh*

Sep 10, 2008 9:30 PM

Aug 2008
izikiel said:
pvp on war plays like wow bgs kind of.. zerg zerg zerg :>

on the other side,, Warhammer lore is a hell of a lot more flushed out then the warcraft lore, to even begin comparing the 2.....

looking forward to aion also, but time will tell

and are they dumbing down wow even more?..... *sigh*

Just because the lore is different you're saying that we shouldn't compare the two? The two lores, or the two games? I don't think anyone was comparing the lore between the two. Warhammer's been around way longer than Warcraft, so it's had more time.
I had a friend tell me about Aion, looks super boring to me. Like one of those free korean mmorpgs.
I don't know if they're dumbing WoW down with Lich King BUUUT... I know that my main qualm with the game is gameplay and the overall look and feel. It just feels bland and boring to me, and the gameplay has become terribly repetitive. 60% of my time (at least) is spent looking for a group to raid with. I'd rather play a game with the public quest system that WAR is proposing.
Sep 10, 2008 9:51 PM
Jun 2006
to say warcraft lore is more solid and thought-out then warhammer lore is what I was comparing... anyways... the public quest system and the way warhammer works today is kinda booring. Id rather go back to the competetive raiding of eq1 then this, give no sense of achievment at all imo.

The world is kinda bland aswell. It doesnt give off that epic feel of lessay eq1 eq2 or vanguard :>

im sure lots will play this, cause its warhammer, but imo its mediocre at best :>
Sep 10, 2008 10:23 PM

Nov 2007
Warhammer will flop just as Age of Conan did. I wouldn't jump ship so hastily, best to watch and see what happens before everyone quits any game they're currently playing.

A lot of people expected AoC to do really well, many sold their accounts for whatever MMO they had been playing so that they could jump over to Age of Conan and it ended really badly for them.

I'm going to stick to Final Fantasy XI as I have for the last 5 years, every other MMO these days tries to come off too friendly/casual and what you get as a result is a really boring game with no real objectives and too much catering to the lower levels.

WoW is much like a mainstream Shounen anime, we all know it will have little to no plot and that all it will be is senseless fighting that anyone can get into. But that's why it does so well, sadly.
Sep 11, 2008 12:23 AM

Sep 2007
I won't be. I've been playing Beta for quite some time, but I found it no bueno. Public Quests are cool, but it's a tedious grind in disguise once you understand they're almost all the same. The PvP is questionable at best; There are significant class imbalances throughout different tiers, and there are even about four classes that are agreed to be horrifically underpowered.

The game is ugly, the world is unimpressive, the animations are pathetic, I don't really know what they were doing when they built the game's engine. There are a lot of questionable bugs that haven't been fixed and it's about to go live. I wouldn't recommend it to even the most hardcore PvP player.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Sep 11, 2008 1:13 PM
Jun 2006
Thalos said:
Warhammer will flop just as Age of Conan did. I wouldn't jump ship so hastily, best to watch and see what happens before everyone quits any game they're currently playing.

A lot of people expected AoC to do really well, many sold their accounts for whatever MMO they had been playing so that they could jump over to Age of Conan and it ended really badly for them.

I'm going to stick to Final Fantasy XI as I have for the last 5 years, every other MMO these days tries to come off too friendly/casual and what you get as a result is a really boring game with no real objectives and too much catering to the lower levels.

WoW is much like a mainstream Shounen anime, we all know it will have little to no plot and that all it will be is senseless fighting that anyone can get into. But that's why it does so well, sadly.

/quoted for truth

although ill stick to eq pvp :>
Sep 11, 2008 1:33 PM

Mar 2008
i used to play wow but its just the same thing after awhile
Sep 11, 2008 5:38 PM

Aug 2007
Quit WoW.

Raided with the best of them back in my day but was a PvPer at heart.
Sep 11, 2008 10:01 PM

Aug 2008
Thalos said:

Props for such an awesome analogy.

Syanaide said:
The game is ugly, the world is unimpressive, the animations are pathetic, I don't really know what they were doing when they built the game's engine. There are a lot of questionable bugs that haven't been fixed and it's about to go live. I wouldn't recommend it to even the most hardcore PvP player.

That sucks... I was really hoping to hear good things from people that played the beta.

Thalos said:
I'm going to stick to Final Fantasy XI ...

I gave final FF11 a glance back in the day, and this is gonna sound kinda stupid but the only reason why I can't play that game is this... no jumping. It sounds like a small detail, but it wrecks the feel in my opinion.

Sad that there's so much bad news on this thread about WAR. I was expecting at least SOMEONE to have something good to say about it besides myself. Well, we'll see. I'm sure there's a few people that are being loyal just to be loyal, which is their prerogative, but skews the overall view a bit. The game launches soon, and hopefully mythic delivers more than what was in beta. (Because I don't know if any of you remember, but WoW beta was pretty boring compared to the actual game at launch.)
Sep 12, 2008 6:52 PM

Jul 2008
Hmm, none of the ooptions really fit me. I used to play WoW, but just kinda stopped and played on XBL more. I don't plan on hopping on any MMORPG anytime soon.

Sep 13, 2008 2:54 AM

Sep 2007
ZeroSumJ1 said:
Because I don't know if any of you remember, but WoW beta was pretty boring compared to the actual game at launch.

The difference here though is that the players in WAR are playing it to it's full potential. We've done the battlegrounds ("scenarios"). We've done the Open RVR (territory sieges). We've done the Public Quests. Admittedly, at the moment it's kind of fun doing Open RVR large scale battles, only because it reminds me of WoW pre-battlegrounds.

It's nice that you are rewarded for it with phat loot, better experience and merchant rewards, but I can definitely see it as something that will dry up after a while when most people hit 40. If you are thinking about playing this game but haven't participated in beta there will be no better time than within the game's first week while everyone is playing and the game is a big war zone. Only then will the game reach it's full potential, and as time goes on things will simply wither away into a small sector of the game. (Tier 4 content)

Sep 13, 2008 6:13 AM

Aug 2008
/cry

Awww... that sucks Syanaide.
Well, even if it's not that great. I'm still gonna check it out because I want something new to play. I guess I'll just head back to WoW when lich king comes out, if I'm bored with WAR by then.
I was really hoping for a game that had more group content instead of soloing from 1 to max level.
I've seen all there is to do in WoW and it just got so boring and repetitive. Which is probably going to be the case with any mmorpg, but I want a new setting.

Maybe when Street Fighter 4 comes out I'll find the game that will actually quench my thirst.
Sep 13, 2008 6:29 AM

May 2008
Never played MMO's and i never will.
Sep 13, 2008 10:08 AM

Sep 2007
There is quite a fair amount of group content to be had in WAR. You can even level all the way from 1 to 40 only by PVP'ing. Public Quests encourage a great deal of partying and are usually pretty busy, but both PQ's and PVP are a rather slow way of leveling than your standard solo grind. The options are there though to mix it up. :)

The LFG system is pretty well setup. If someone has an 'open party' in your area, when you zone in it'll list them all and you can immediately join them if you want to. It even tells you how far away the party is and what they're doing at the time.

Sep 16, 2008 1:02 AM

Sep 2008
Played WOW off and on for a while with Burning Crusade. Never quite got to the end content stuff but got close. Might try WAR, but probably not the first few weeks. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably switch to Lich King.
Sep 17, 2008 7:12 PM

Aug 2008
soks2cool said:
Played WOW off and on for a while with Burning Crusade. Never quite got to the end content stuff but got close. Might try WAR, but probably not the first few weeks. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably switch to Lich King.

lets hope both don't suck... cuz then we have to go back to maplestory. hahahhaha
btw, awesome forum pic.
Sep 18, 2008 1:01 AM

Sep 2008
ZeroSumJ1 said:

lets hope both don't suck... cuz then we have to go back to maplestory. hahahhaha
btw, awesome forum pic.

LOL Never Again!!! Even though I think I do still have a lvl 1 crossbow girl that I used as a mule. It is a nice pic, only reason I have it is because I started a introduction thread labeled "Hot Anime Girl with Big Boobs in Here" and when people went to my thread all they found was me. Needless to say some people got upset, thus that pic is my way of appeasing the masses.
Sep 18, 2008 5:02 AM

May 2008
I never played it.
I was always curious about it though.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 18, 2008 5:14 AM

Jul 2008
Uh oh. I reactivated.
Sep 18, 2008 5:16 AM

Nov 2007
Rethice said:
Uh oh. I reactivated.

Sucks to be you! =p

I'm having a great deal of fun alting at the moment waiting for Wrath. >.> Totally sucked back in to it all.
Sep 18, 2008 5:22 AM

Jul 2008
Asako said:
Rethice said:
Uh oh. I reactivated.

Sucks to be you! =p

I'm having a great deal of fun alting at the moment waiting for Wrath. >.> Totally sucked back in to it all.

Leveling a new hordey on Frostmourne in preperation for wotlk so I don't have to use one of my 70's as a Death Knight. :p
Sep 18, 2008 5:27 AM

Nov 2007
Rethice said:
Leveling a new hordey on Frostmourne in preperation for wotlk so I don't have to use one of my 70's as a Death Knight. :p

Just having a char over 55 will allow you to make a DK, as an entirely new char, the last I heard. DK's start at 55. At least that's how I was told it's set up at the moment. >.>
Sep 18, 2008 5:36 AM

May 2008
Oh by the way, when I do play an MMO, Mabinogi has been the one I've been playing lately.

I was playing Ragnarok Online before that, but it was just kind of boring in comparison so I've dropped it.

And Final Fantasy XI just sucked past level 30. I dropped it back in 2004.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 18, 2008 5:49 AM

Jul 2008
Uh oh. I reactivated.
Asako said:
Rethice said:

Just having a char over 55 will allow you to make a DK, as an entirely new char, the last I heard. DK's start at 55. At least that's how I was told it's set up at the moment. >.>

Hmm.. Will have to look into that.
Jan 9, 2009 4:24 PM

Jan 2009
Imo war is 4 nubs
WoW-best mmo
Jan 9, 2009 4:52 PM

May 2008
A lot of people that i spoke to about trying war got bored pretty quickly and were soon back to wow. Because of this i never tried war, but maybe one day, in the near future, i will. Or not, im too attached to my priest, shes too pretty to neglect more then i already do =(
Jan 10, 2009 2:50 AM

Dec 2007
warmachine said:
Imo war is 4 nubs
WoW-best mmo

Your grammar and overall sentence build indicates a severe lack of intelligence. Hence the fact you joined MAL just to post twice on a WoW topic.

As for me, I left WoW frikkin' years ago. It's the most horrible MMORPG I can think of.
Jan 10, 2009 3:04 AM

May 2008
oh wow, half of us are here to troll xD
Jan 10, 2009 3:22 AM

Oct 2007
djinn_690 said:

nice pun =P

WoW isnt that bad tbh.
those crappy IE-based MMO's are horrendous.
Jan 10, 2009 5:28 AM

Dec 2007
Firality said:
djinn_690 said:

nice pun =P

WoW isnt that bad tbh.
those crappy IE-based MMO's are horrendous.

I rather play those.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

46 by 0arche »»
5 minutes ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
3 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 7 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
5 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
9 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
Today, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.