Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2012 6:21 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Having read the first chapter, it has vastly improved from its oneshot. The only thing I think it suffered from was the bad art. But, I think a small part of that is that the scans themselves weren't terribly high quality. As for the rest, I can see this series last for a while. I think it's got better potential in its current form. And I like the main characters, too. Both of them (Shouyou and Tobio) have "talents" and are "best" on their own right. I can see Haikyuu getting me fired up in the future. =)
Mar 14, 2012 12:52 AM
May 2009
loved the first chapter, what a great hook!

they were rivals from the get-go. :D the art is still amazing, even if it's not as stunning as his last manga. i love just how much he improved the story -- there's that distinctive poetic storytelling at the beginning and the ending. looking forward to future chapters.
Mar 18, 2012 9:17 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, I really enjoyed that. I don't normally go for sports series either.
Jan 3, 2013 12:14 PM

Aug 2008
Omg, the drawing! It's so good! I love it! I'm going to read this! This will be the first sport manga that I read not because of an anime!
Apr 25, 2013 9:18 PM

Feb 2011
Interesting art, and I love me some sports manga. And nakamaship, hopefully there'll be plenty of that~
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 23, 2013 4:17 PM

Feb 2008
Quite a weak start, and the MC isn't likeable at all so far. I hate that "What are you doing here?!" thing stupid characters say. Because it's not obvious or something.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 7, 2013 12:13 AM

Nov 2011
I like the character cast so far tbh but seems like a lot of things going on...possibly too much. I'm not sold on this yet anyways so looking forward to see what else will develop from this.
Oct 18, 2013 2:23 PM

Aug 2010
Loved it. I can tell this will be epic animated :D
Can't wait.

Shou is a nice MC. Dat last shot was so awesome.

And the rivalry right from the start was nice
Oct 24, 2013 8:53 PM

Jul 2013
Judging from this first chapter. O can tell that Shou is a hard worker, I'm interested to see how his relationship with Kageyama develops since they're going to the same high school now. But this was a pretty exciting first chapter, I can't wait to see how the rest of it will go from here.
Apr 3, 2017 8:00 PM

Apr 2016
I actually did not enjoy the first season of its anime adaption, and I did start reading scanlations in the past... But I gave it another try, since it seems the side teams in this story are interesting.

As expected, I couldn't bring myself to like Hinata. I prefer smart characters, which he isn't... ^^ But it is admirable how determined he is! He never gave up on volleyball, despite lacking training, experience, not having a coach, and not having teammates in his first two years of middle school...

I can see how much Kageyama and Hinata can motivate each other! It's interesting to notice the contrast in their respective middle school teams: although Hinata's team consists of rookies and are lacking, he gives it his all and the team somehow managed to survive the 31 minutes, while Kageyama is the perfect player on the court yet he can't get his decent players to work with him... It's ironic that it was Hinata's team who kept trying, despite lacking volleyball skills and knowledge, while Kageyama's team were slacking off because of the skills they already have...

It is true that in a game, you keep fighting no matter what because you haven't lost yet. The outcome isn't known yet until the game ends. :) It can be naive to think this way, but that's better than feeling inferior on the court and not trying at all...

I like that the Karasuno senpais watched their future kouhais. Hinata earned everyone's respect after they saw how determined he was and his jumps too!

Overall, this was an okay chapter. I have a feeling I won't fall in love with the main characters through the manga, so I hope I at least find joy in the side characters and their teams. ^^
Sep 26, 2017 8:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice first chpater....seems easy, but not, the intensity about read/watch the manga is increasing, the feelings, the Hinata feelings driven all the chapter, joy, hope, defeat and future, all in one chapter to enjoy!!!
Nov 18, 2022 9:54 AM

Apr 2021
Nothing like Haikyuu>>>>
With the final arc being announced as movie adaptations, I figured why not try and finish the manga? The story's awesome!!! And I've forgotten most of it already. So reading the manga is gonna be a good experience. Can't wait to see my boys grow as the story progresses!!!
Apr 24, 2023 11:42 AM
Jan 2023
loved it, great intro
Aug 19, 2023 3:05 PM
Jun 2023
When I was read the first time I had high expectations,I mean yeah I practicing voleyball.I started to read and was a different book because I read marvel books but from the first imagines was insane
[/b]
,awesome it is known why it is in top.For me is not the best start ,but is okay.I love that manga and overall the chapter one has for me 9/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

9 by Charylle »»
Apr 10, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 369 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

43 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 365 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

26 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 357 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

15 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 19, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2013

6 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.