Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 25, 2009 5:30 PM

Apr 2007
seishi-sama said:
And Japanese music is mostly crap, especially those generic pop idols and visual kei bands (which are also pop).

Yeah, let's just judge an entire country's music based on the mainstream. That's a great idea.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2009 5:36 PM

Feb 2009
seishi-sama said:
Japanese music is mostly crap

I disagree.

Not for all the songs but the anime related ones, maybe you just don't understand the words they're saying but for someone like me who actually understands, japanese music are better than english. Have both an english and japanese singer sing the same song and see which one comes out better.
AilisaMar 25, 2009 5:39 PM
Mar 25, 2009 7:47 PM

Feb 2008
SBH said:
English. Japanese music is cool and all but I prefer music that I can understand the words. Lol, I don't understand Spanish but I listen to Spanish Rap.

Same reason. I like understanding what I'm listening too.

I do usually like the beat of J-Pop and such, though.
Mar 25, 2009 8:22 PM

Oct 2007
I love all kinds of music. It depends on the genre. I love any foreign music, not just English and Japanese.
Mar 26, 2009 12:56 AM
Nov 2008
As long as I like the song I don't care which language it's in. ^^
But I prefer music in swedish or english that I understand.
Mar 26, 2009 1:22 AM

Nov 2008
English. I listen to lots of other languages (Russian, Japanese, Spanish, etc.), but the only language I can fully understand is English. I'm learning Spanish, though. :3
Mar 26, 2009 1:22 AM
Mar 2008
anthem said:
As long as I like the song I don't care which language it's in. ^^
But I prefer music in swedish or english that I understand.

Same here, only that I listen to Vietnamese, English, Spanish, and Japanese.

Vietnamese and English: I fully understand them ^-^ (native Vietnamese speaker, and currently I am living in the US so of course I understand them)

Spanish: Understand around 2/3 of the song (not a native speaker and I don't use Spanish regularly so I don't know all hte words)

Japanese: like duck listening to thunder, I don't understand a thing. I just listen if I like how the music sound.
Mar 26, 2009 2:54 AM

Sep 2008
aichanXD said:
seishi-sama said:

I disagree.

Not for all the songs but the anime related ones, maybe you just don't understand the words they're saying but for someone like me who actually understands, japanese music are better than english. Have both an english and japanese singer sing the same song and see which one comes out better.

Did I say anything about the words? I was talking about the music. A song could have the best lyrics in the world, but if the music in this song is crap, then this song is crap. Words doesn't matter to me.
Of course there are some good bands and musicians in Japan who make good music but there's only few of them. Well, maybe I'm asking too much since I'm a professional musician myself, but it's just my opinion.
Mar 26, 2009 1:05 PM

Feb 2008
English when talking about the language, but as far as geography goes, I enjoy Scandinavian music the most

Mar 26, 2009 2:05 PM

Apr 2007
seishi-sama said:
aichanXD said:
seishi-sama said:

I disagree.

Did I say anything about the words? I was talking about the music. A song could have the best lyrics in the world, but if the music in this song is crap, then this song is crap. Words doesn't matter to me.
Of course there are some good bands and musicians in Japan who make good music but there's only few of them. Well, maybe I'm asking too much since I'm a professional musician myself, but it's just my opinion.

Being a "professional musician" doesn't change the fact that your opinion is uninformed. Disregarding an entire country's music as bad just shows how ignorant you are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2009 10:58 AM

Oct 2007
XerXes said:
I personally like english music more. Because i don't like jap's singing voice. Too emotionless.

Woah woah woah. Hold it. Did you just say emotionless O.O
I really dont believe that, I feel that jap singers have more emotion
which was one of the major factors i switched eng to jpop (+kpop cpop)
Mar 27, 2009 11:00 AM

Feb 2008
KCT said:
I feel that jap singers have more emotion

qft.

In certain cases, Utada Hikaru does the 'emotion' for me.
Mar 27, 2009 11:08 AM

Jun 2008
Both.
Mar 27, 2009 4:58 PM

Nov 2008
Karura said:
Language has no meaning in music to me.

I agree with you.
Mar 27, 2009 5:00 PM

Jan 2008
Mostly Japanese music
Mar 27, 2009 5:10 PM

Aug 2006
KCT said:
XerXes said:
I personally like english music more. Because i don't like jap's singing voice. Too emotionless.

The majority of pop signers lack real emotion and enthusiasm. Such is the recent nature of the genre.

The major difference between American and Japanese pop is usually the vocal style. Japanese Female Pop singers, a lot of the time, fall into that higher pitched annoying sequel voice that most of you cream yourself over for whatever retarded reasons.

And lol@ the professional musician comment.
#dontcare
Mar 27, 2009 5:54 PM

Jan 2008
It's hard to say for me. To me, if the lyrics are deep, and it has a strong melody to back it up then I'll like it. Right now I don't listen to a lot of American pop music because most of the songs as of the last couple of years annoy me.

BEETHOVEN FTW~!

Banner made by suikka
Mar 27, 2009 5:57 PM

Dec 2008
i love jap music.. addicted to it XD i found like over 30 different bands within a month lol.
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Mar 28, 2009 11:11 AM

Oct 2007
emtio
aisakku said:
KCT said:
XerXes said:

The majority of pop signers lack real emotion and enthusiasm. Such is the recent nature of the genre.

The major difference between American and Japanese pop is usually the vocal style. Japanese Female Pop singers, a lot of the time, fall into that higher pitched annoying sequel voice that most of you cream yourself over for whatever retarded reasons.

And lol@ the professional musician comment.

honestly i would like to know which ones you think lack emotion and enthusiasm, and of course am not saying all jpop singers have that emotion & enthusiasm. I think the majority of jpop singers have more of it than american singers.
well my example would be Rurutia or An Cafe for JRock

Mar 31, 2009 10:51 PM

Jan 2009
I like both ^^"
Apr 1, 2009 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
ouch, I want english music. but I like Japanese speedcore and hardrave :p
Apr 1, 2009 10:19 AM

Mar 2009
I like both.

Apr 1, 2009 10:25 AM
Nov 2008
Japanese only plz. My weeaboo wears cant take english.

Apr 1, 2009 10:26 AM

Dec 2008
I like this thing called variety.
Apr 1, 2009 11:32 AM

Mar 2008
The Accuser (which is me) doesn't discriminate territorial boundaries when it comes to music. If I like it, I like it.

I shall now promote myself now.

http://www.last.fm/user/SkySplitter

That is my human avatar. MUWAHAHAHAHA yeah...........
Apr 1, 2009 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
Depends. I prefer j-pop to the new English music. But like Golden Oldies as much as J-pop.
Apr 1, 2009 6:33 PM
Oct 2008
i love japanese music it better i may not be able to understand but it's fun to just rock out to something a little different.Especially anime japanese music it get pretty catchy after a while and you start to say oh love that song like the ones off of naruto,vampire knight,bleach, black cat,inuyasha,bobobo-bobo-bobo, and ect... i love japanese music a whole lot and think the music that goes with the yaoi titles rock big time
love it don't hate he's two two two cute just like eiri yuki well eiri yuki is way hoteer but still
Apr 1, 2009 6:40 PM
Jun 2008
I used to love the 90s english pop. There was more variety in the frequencies. Then the 2000s came and english pop became boring. I'd say that jap pop still has that uniqueness of every song that eng pop used to have. For all other music styles, both are good with me.
Apr 1, 2009 6:41 PM
Oct 2008
well true eiri yuki is a total hottie just like ryuichi sakuma and i love love love their song both the rage beat and sleepless beauty plus a whole lot of other songs
love it don't hate he's two two two cute just like eiri yuki well eiri yuki is way hoteer but still
Apr 1, 2009 6:51 PM

Jan 2009
Avarance said:
I like this thing called variety.
Apr 1, 2009 7:39 PM

Mar 2009
Both. I end up listening more to english music though, due to the fact that it's more easily accessible.
Apr 1, 2009 9:36 PM

Sep 2008
Frequencity said:
I love asobi seksu. they a new york city band but some of the lyrics are in japanese. does this mean I love jap or eng music? why can't I just like music regardless or language/country of origin.
Because everything must be catagoreized in our society.
Apr 2, 2009 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
I'm very nitpicky when it comes to lyrics that don't make sense so I prefer Japanese songs. But if its not rap or screamer music, I'll listen to it in any language. Wether I like it or not depends on the tune and singing.

Apr 2, 2009 3:34 AM

May 2008
Blaze-San said:
Frequencity said:
I love asobi seksu. they a new york city band but some of the lyrics are in japanese. does this mean I love jap or eng music? why can't I just like music regardless or language/country of origin.

Because we wouldn't be enough elite without that "J" in J-rock :P
Apr 2, 2009 4:16 AM

Feb 2008
I prefer gibberish english music like RideBack or Ghost In The Shell OSTs..

but I like english in general..
Apr 2, 2009 2:50 PM

Apr 2007
Nijo said:
Blaze-San said:
Frequencity said:

J-rock :P

Apr 2, 2009 4:51 PM

Jun 2008
Depends on the voice, depends on the lyrics. But i do have to say i prefer Japanese music.
Apr 2, 2009 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
My music list probably consists of 5% English music, 20% instrumental music (From Mozart to Trance to random piano pieces), 25% Cantonese music, and 50% Japanese music.
Apr 3, 2009 2:23 AM

Dec 2008
ap93 said:
My music list probably consists of 5% English music, 20% instrumental music (From Mozart to Trance to random piano pieces), 25% Cantonese music, and 50% Japanese music.

Your list is like mine... except it's 15% English music, 35% Cantonese music, 50% instrumental music, and 0% Japanese music(oh noes!?!).
Apr 3, 2009 2:41 AM

Jun 2008
I listen to music in many languages...
Apr 19, 2009 12:33 PM

Jan 2008
I like some J-rock songs and random songs from anime OSTs buuut~ I mostly listen to English songs and instrumental music xD
We're all insane
Apr 19, 2009 2:29 PM

Nov 2008
By amount of songs I've got on my cellphone and listen while on bus:
Dutch>Japanese>English>Russian
At home, I listen mainly to Polish and Dutch songs, with a little of English.

Different languages suit different music genres.
Apr 19, 2009 2:52 PM

Feb 2009
Howabout neither.

Instrumental and post rock ftw
Apr 19, 2009 2:53 PM

Apr 2009
My music taste isnt bound by language, but just weather I like it or not. If I like a song, I dont care what language its in. Hell, I even like Polka! Dont ask me why, I just do. It might have something to do with my mothers side of the family being almost entirely Polish.

But anyway, my favorite type of music is Classic Rock, (Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc) followed by J-pop (mostly anime music)

Apr 19, 2009 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
Osaka117 said:
My music taste isnt bound by language, but just weather I like it or not. If I like a song, I dont care what language its in. Hell, I even like Polka! Dont ask me why, I just do. It might have something to do with my mothers side of the family being almost entirely Polish.

Polka (which itself is Czech not Polish) is now completely dead in Poland. I don't even remember when I last heard a polka on radio or TV or even wedding parties. Not in the last 5 years, at least.
Apr 19, 2009 3:16 PM

Apr 2009
I never claimed to be an expert on Polka, just that I liked it.

And its really dead? Thats a shame...

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.