Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2012 8:24 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow this episode was amazing. Tina finally unleashes the power inside her and lays waste to the entire kingdom. Soran and Seth who she has both grown close to chooses Soran over seth. I can only imagine the agony and pain that seth must be feeling.

At least Soran was abe to reach out to her and get her to calm down.

These episodes are alot easier to follow then the first half of the show thats for sure. I kind of like the new direction this anime is taking.

Some where along the line, the scientists (children of befort) that created the zone, is going to play a part in all of this and some how she is going to be sent to earth. Can't wait for the next episode.

Jul 23, 2014 3:26 PM

May 2012
Another impressive episode, I really like these last couple of episodes telling the other worlds story! Let's see what's next!
Mar 23, 2015 12:31 AM

Jul 2008
Poor Thoma...
May 12, 2017 1:09 PM
Mar 2011
The Ultimate Friendzone.
Oct 17, 2017 4:38 PM

Jul 2016
i miss thoma. definitely not a children's anime with that bloody stub of an arm sesu now has...
Mar 29, 2019 5:57 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode. Not just impressive on it's own, but it also helps me to symphatize with Thoma.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 5, 2019 4:36 PM

Feb 2017
Amazing episode. Very moving and heartbreaking for Seth. This show is turning into something very special.
Jan 6, 2021 6:55 AM

Feb 2012
Unlike other commenters, I dislike the new direction. Looks like the genre changed halfway through. The first half was a mystery hinting at philosophical ideas which could have been explored later: time and identity and the question of morality in science. But the second half has been more typical scifi action, which I usually don't care about. Also, the characters in the backstory behave so differently from how their incarnations on Earth are that this could be a totally different show.
Apr 25, 2021 6:00 PM

Jul 2016
Feorg said:
Unlike other commenters, I dislike the new direction. Looks like the genre changed halfway through. The first half was a mystery hinting at philosophical ideas which could have been explored later: time and identity and the question of morality in science. But the second half has been more typical scifi action, which I usually don't care about. Also, the characters in the backstory behave so differently from how their incarnations on Earth are that this could be a totally different show.

no no, i felt the same way back when i watched fantastic children some time ago. it did seem like after the whole flashbacks were introduced with the ancestors or precursors, the previous story had to take a backseat in the middle as the plot bent towards delving into that fully instead of balancing it out or giving a little less emphasis on the past. i suppose it makes sense that they wanted to provide the history, still, it was a lot of exposition. didn't feel so mysterious of a series anymore if they handed us piece by piece what happened, when before we were left pondering on our own.
Feb 13, 2022 2:41 PM

Aug 2017
Feorg said:

The scientists making Tina into a weapon and Hesma especially are the embodiment of the "morality of science" theme, it didn't disappear anywhere. Same with the characters - Hesma's backstory explains him being pretty much the most serious of all on Earth - due to his trauma of feeling guilt for complying with the king's brother, and unleashing the weapon. Others behave just like I'd expect them too. Paruza and Mel have an affection for each other just like they did on Earth, etc. Well, if you're about Tina and Thoma...I disagree about Thoma (if he is reincarnated at all), and Tina lived through multiple reincarnations, so some personality changes are inevitable.
Apr 6, 2022 2:08 PM
Jul 2019
This episode was siiiiick holy

Nov 18, 2022 8:59 PM

Sep 2018
They really did my boy Seth dirty, not a huge fan of some guy coming in at the last minute and sweeping away with the love interest. It seems a single memory of being found and brought back to the palace was enough to swoon Tina away from Seth, somebody who had grew up and protected her all that time. Could happen, but it leaves a bitter taste.
Sep 8, 2023 6:24 AM

Dec 2022
Seth completely abandoned by Tina and Soran while he stumbles back in the rain, bloodied and with only one arm. Guy gets his childhood friend stolen from him, and now it's like they barely pay any mind to his existence anymore. Reminds me of Thoma in some of the earlier episodes, which got me thinking that Thoma isn't Soran's reincarnation at all, and the similar hairstyle is just there to fake you out.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 1 Discussion

Arashi89 - May 18, 2010

22 by dragynfaerie »»
Jan 15, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 25 Discussion

ArtimesGamer - Mar 13, 2012

5 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:28 AM

» The best anime of all time - It's a bummer how few people know about it

MyllerPhiem - Apr 2, 2022

15 by MyllerPhiem »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 2 Discussion

Arashi89 - May 18, 2010

12 by KitsuFrost »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Fantastic Children Episode 24 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 7, 2009

25 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.