3It was OK
9.6%
2Disliked it
8.7%
1Hated it
7.0%
Average 4.1
115 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2012 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The fight continues on, Kamshin fights to protect Yoshida who is protecting the item Pheles and Yohan created. Wilhelmina joins in with Yoshida as well.
But man the Chiara, Saale, Dantalion, and Mammon battle was intense and awesome. I know some will love this but DANTALION IS GONE, I will miss this crazy bastard.
Also Kamshin is not looking good, he might not make it out of this battle.

Xanadu's creation has climaxed, and the Flame Haze's hidden trump card has now been activated, the last inning starts now, only 2 episodes till the finale.

game8910Mar 9, 2012 9:04 AM
Mar 9, 2012 11:25 AM

Dec 2010
This was one hectic episode to say the least. So many things going on, battles, resovles and much much more.
I was a little surprised that Yoshida & Co got out alive, though with Khamsin having taken some heavy damage. Seeing what happened to him in the last moments I'll say he doesn't have much time left.

Dantalion is gone! Strange I thought it would be a relief first, but I think I will actually miss that crazy guy, he was awesome, in a... strange way.

I don't really know what happened at the last moments but something tells me it went "Just as planned", but it seems Yuji still has more to offer.

Amazing episode as usual, its getting more and more intense, and I can't wait to see what the remaining two episodes has to offer.
Mar 9, 2012 6:17 PM
Dec 2010
Yes, Dantalion is finally gone. And Chiara will killed Mammon HA HA that's what you get for messing with BADASS CHIARA. In the next ep, she's gonna kill Sydonay and Bel-Peol, she's got a thirst for tomogawa blood. There's still too many things to wrap up in two episodes though.
jahern1Mar 11, 2012 7:13 PM
Mar 10, 2012 12:58 AM

Sep 2008
Only two episodes left. Sigh :(
Mar 10, 2012 2:45 PM
Feb 2012
The Chiara&Sale vs Dantalion&Mammon battle was awesome, one of the best fights in the entire series. I can't believe Dantalion is dead. It was probably for the best; but still, I too will miss the crazy bastard.

Yuji's smile at the end gives me a "All according to plan" or "You just been played" feeling. Maybe Yuji has another trump card or he wanted Shana to insert the Law.

I can't wait for the next episode. Yet, I feel sad that there's only two episodes left till Shana is over. :(
Mar 10, 2012 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
Dear god why can i not find this episode subbed.
"How electrifying"
Mar 10, 2012 4:59 PM

Oct 2010
Arkychan said:
Dear god why can i not find this episode subbed.

because it's not subbed yet.
Mar 11, 2012 6:00 AM

Dec 2011
subs are out
Mar 11, 2012 6:23 AM
Jun 2011
really hope yuji has somethin good up his sleeve :/ i really dont wanna see the flame haze winning, they are pretty annoying.
Mar 11, 2012 7:09 AM

Feb 2012
That was good episode. I enjoyed the Shana and Margery exchange. It looks like Shana and other Flame Hazes revealed their last trump card but it seems Yuji still has something up his sleeves. Goodbye Mammon and Professor, one I never knew before this season and other was annoying. Great job, Sale and Chiara!
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 11, 2012 7:19 AM

Dec 2011
Khamshin Nbh'w really was one of the few Flame Haze that I liked. Please don't die on us.
Mar 11, 2012 8:16 AM

May 2011
two more left!!
And it's getting more intense!!
Mar 11, 2012 8:27 AM

Nov 2009
I found the episode on the whole, pretty damned boring in all honesty.

Dantalion dying due to a string of coincidences felt a bit hollow to me though I understand that some of the bigger names on both sides will probably die in this conflict. I sure hope Khamsin died in the blast as well or is at least unrecoverable as it would be so cliche for him to have some way of surviving multiple blasts which consume everything. Thankfully very little screen time for the gods this time round as we can all see surely, just how unnecessary they are to the whole plot.

I cant say I liked seeing Hecate in pain, she was always one of my favourite characters of the series and it feels like she is one of the victims in all of this. She is trying to perform her one purpose and is going through pain because of that. I totally understand Sydonay's resentment for the Flame Hazes because of that.

I'm beginning to think the plan altogether may fall through and if that's the case, then this series is utter bull, as it has lead up to some sort of a climactic resolution for a while now. But it's beginning to feel like it might not even happen and everything returns to the way it was yaddi yaddi yadda.

Not really a fan of Margery and her book (I used to like him, now he is just annoying) as she seems so aloof that it's just irritating. Shana, well is just Shana at the moment and the jury is out at the moment but there was no real interaction between her and Yuji this time so it's really gonna be 2 episodes from the last development there...I am disappoint.

I really hope this picks up a bit as on the whole this episode was dull and felt like it put in all these flashy explosions and the like to hide the fact there has been no real main plot progression.
Mar 11, 2012 9:19 AM

Aug 2010
The annoying professor is gone, although it seemed like the show was about to troll us by having him get away at the last second.
Mar 11, 2012 9:45 AM
Oct 2010
i thgouth this ep was win. mad scientist is gone finally through some awesome fight. hope khamsin isnt dead. i like him D:
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 11, 2012 10:19 AM

Mar 2011
Damn crazy professor is gone
Mar 11, 2012 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
Now way that guy could die. Cmon.^^
Mar 11, 2012 12:03 PM

Jul 2011
gawd, first, protecting kazumi and the other guys at the van, taking all the damage by himself, then lured out the denizens while the guys try to sneak in inside the tower. that was just badass tough as hell. i'd be sad if khamsin dies. ;-; other than that, everything else was pretty epic, the battles and all that stuff. darn, i can't wait for the next ep.
Mar 11, 2012 12:36 PM

Apr 2011
This was a very TOASTY! episode. Explosions everywhere, just the way I like it. :3
On the other hand our only mad scientist is now dead as Mammon confirmed. Along with his stupid bot Domino. I hope the next last 2 episodes don't disappoint. As this episode was epic. NEEDS MORE EPICNESS!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 11, 2012 1:02 PM
Oct 2011
Finally the professor is gone, now I can enjoy the last 2 episodes knowing he won't ruin the second half of a good episode yet again. (hopefully)
Mar 11, 2012 1:35 PM

Feb 2010
so the prof is dead just like that? well shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2012 2:31 PM

Feb 2011
Great episode. I was glued to it from start to finish. Two episodes doesn't feel like enough to wrap things up though =x
Mar 11, 2012 3:28 PM
Jun 2009
Very bad episode.
I could give many arguments for it, but in whole there is mainly one problem with the series.
If it just had continued on the standard of the previous seasons, this would have been an average episode, but i got so high hopes, because it seemed that they wouln't have this truly simple black and white scheme and where giving some arguments of the "bad guys". But that was all smashed by just letting them die meaningless deads and giving no real explanation for the motivations.
This could change in the last episodes but after the disappointings so far, i don't think it will.
The only things that could save the series now is letting many of the good side die, but if it continues on this low level probably even the one that seems dead at the end of this episode will survive.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that the most useless character survived. Saved by a unrestricted deus ex machina spell. ...
morufiMar 11, 2012 3:43 PM
Mar 11, 2012 4:09 PM

Feb 2012
Dayaaaaaaaam, that was an intense episode! Though I'll admit that the unrestricted spell used to conceal Kazumi and co. was a bit too convenient for my liking, the rest of it was damn good.

Khamsin seriously better not die, especially after being awesome enough to take every fireball and still survive, pretty badass when the prof. was taken out too
Mar 11, 2012 4:15 PM

Dec 2010
Only two episodes left; the professor is dead, funny character died in a funny way, guess it was fitting with his expression at the end and everything; even with his backup system effected as well; Yuji doesn't seem fazed at all; makes me curious what else he has up his sleeve; i don't see the Xanadu failing; the rules may be altered but it will be created otherwise the season would fail in so many ways. Shana seems to arrogant now; but at the same time she is doing better than the rest of the Flame Hazes who my opinion of has dropped severely this season; well the "gods" weren't shown much this episode so thats a plus; things are building up; looking forward to seeing what kind of end this final season brings.
InfiniteDestinyMar 11, 2012 4:19 PM
Mar 11, 2012 5:56 PM
Feb 2012
This episode disappointed me. I was hoping to see some flame hazes die, but they just keep miraculously surviving. I seriously hate series that just mindlessly caters to the "good" guys. They've been doing it so much so, that It gives me no choice but to support the bad guys, no matter how evil they might have been in the past. Those flame haze guys are just too powerful.

The feeling I'm getting from this series is reminding me a lot of the feeling I got watching Inglorious Basterds. Based on past events I should hate the antagonists (Nazis / Tomogara) and praise the protagonists (Americans / Flame Hazes) but because of how indiscriminately brutal they are I cannot help but despise the protagonists.
Mar 11, 2012 6:02 PM

Feb 2012
I thought this whole season was a joke... If Yuji doesn't go back to the normal friendly guy he was, I would give this season a 1 rating. I'm not saying that the story line of season 3 was bad, but if he doesn't come back, then I'm speechless.

I'm thinking that the whole feeling to this season is to have a good warp out to this series since it's the last one. Two more episodes left... I'm wondering if a complete fight plus a happy ending would fit into 2 episodes.
Mar 11, 2012 7:39 PM
Apr 2011
god im sick of the flame hazes and their smug ass smiles. it looks like it doesnt matter though cause yuji has something planned. really hope yuji wins and laughs in triumph. maybe then the flame hazes will learn they were wrong all along
Mar 11, 2012 7:49 PM

Jun 2011
abaanda said:
really hope yuji has somethin good up his sleeve :/ i really dont wanna see the flame haze winning, they are pretty annoying.

totally with you in this one, i hate the flame hazes hope they all died >:/
Mar 12, 2012 1:48 AM

Apr 2010
In 2 episodes Shakugan no Shana will be done for good. I really enjoyed this series and I am sad to see it go. But I am not liking how it is going to end. This season is so different from the first two seasons and the story just kinda jumped from a school life and battle anime to this crazy messed up war anime with a messed up story that takes a lot of thinking to follow correctly. Yuji should have stayed the same way he was from the start, I still don't know why he changed so much. I miss how Shakugan no Shana used to be.
Mar 12, 2012 5:53 AM

Oct 2010
morufi said:
Very bad episode.
I could give many arguments for it, but in whole there is mainly one problem with the series.
If it just had continued on the standard of the previous seasons, this would have been an average episode, but i got so high hopes, because it seemed that they wouln't have this truly simple black and white scheme and where giving some arguments of the "bad guys". But that was all smashed by just letting them die meaningless deads and giving no real explanation for the motivations.
This could change in the last episodes but after the disappointings so far, i don't think it will.
The only things that could save the series now is letting many of the good side die, but if it continues on this low level probably even the one that seems dead at the end of this episode will survive.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that the most useless character survived. Saved by a unrestricted deus ex machina spell. ...

I agree with you and most people. I hate the Flame Haze side they think their always right and the good guys. They always get saved by the last minute. They are brutally outnumbered and yet keep surviving.

On the bright side Yuji doesnt look surprised so he got something up his sleave. This episode gets a 5/10

If the Flame Haze side win this series will get a 1/10 for me. lol
Mar 12, 2012 7:07 AM

Jul 2011
did
morufi said:
Very bad episode.

Edit:

didn't he already used that spell before ? when the van appeared for the first time . remember ?
Mar 12, 2012 7:41 PM

Nov 2008
Dantalion escape plan failed for the first and last time..
About Khamshin.. I don't know if he could escape from that explosion, I hope he doesn't die but some scenes hinted that he was going to die..
Just 2 left >.<
Mar 12, 2012 9:30 PM

May 2011
Riptos said:
I found the episode on the whole, pretty damned boring in all honesty.

agreed, season had a promising start, but at this point im pretty much just w8ing to see how it ends. hopefully the end of this will be enough to blow my mind away
Mar 12, 2012 10:58 PM

Dec 2011
There we go, the comedic relief is gone for eternity
Mar 13, 2012 12:13 AM

Jan 2012
that mask/maid hat finally spoke more than one liners. AMAZING!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 13, 2012 4:52 AM

Sep 2010
I really don't like this final battle. Why aren't there any deaths in the flame haze side. Only few flame haze against army of tomogora but no deaths in flame haze. This is the bleach style.

3/5
Mar 13, 2012 5:26 AM
Feb 2011
twonline said:
I really don't like this final battle. Why aren't there any deaths in the flame haze side. Only few flame haze against army of tomogora but no deaths in flame haze. This is the bleach style.

3/5

EDIT:

I don't get why people generalize the hate to all Flame Hazes. Shana's plan is to create a "Don't eat humans" rule in Xanadu, which is good. (I don't get why this is being seen as a desceration of paradise. Xanadu has infinite Power of Existence, and this won't kill them off). Though I understand that the Flame Haze hate is due largely to the Four Gods of the Motherland. It's like hating Americans because of MPAA/RIAA.

Four Gods of the Motherland = MPAA/RIAA/ICE
Shana's new rule = SOPA/ACTA

Yeah, the hate is justified.
Mar 13, 2012 5:28 AM

Jun 2009
Khamshin T_T

YESH! DIE PROFESSOR!! AHAHAHA YOUR ESCAPE PLAN FAILED!!!
As soon as I saw the train rail lights, I knew he's a goner because one of the guys turned off one of the switch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2012 11:42 AM

Apr 2010
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mar 13, 2012 5:47 PM

Nov 2008
Characters are falling left and right. As expected since we are approaching the end. I'll be more surprised by by who actually doesn't die in the end.

Two more episodes, just enough to finish this quarter!
Mar 14, 2012 8:24 AM

Oct 2009
ClementIV said:
Characters are falling left and right. As expected since we are approaching the end. I'll be more surprised by by who actually doesn't die in the end.

I'm still sad Kazumi isn't dead yet.

Mar 15, 2012 8:11 AM

Feb 2009
THANK THEE, THE PROFESSOR IS DEAD!

Seriously he was the most fucking irritating character ever. I know he's supposed to be a comic relief character, but he turned out to be simply irritating and absolutely unfunny. Good riddance.
Mar 16, 2012 3:26 PM

Sep 2008
A good guy needs to hurry up and die.
How dare they make Mamiko Noto feel sick, those bastards.
Mar 16, 2012 8:09 PM

Aug 2011
who else died in this ep?
Mar 17, 2012 5:57 AM

Jun 2011
ARRRGH ima go punch a kitte... °-° A WALL IN THE FACE NOW <.<
Mar 17, 2012 7:20 AM

Nov 2009
ClementIV said:

But I'll bet most of the Tomogara die and maybe one...two tops on the Flame Hazes will die.

That's unfortunately the way things are, and the Flame Hazes that die will not be truly significant ones...yes I dont think Khamsiin is significant to the plot. But even he will probably live somehow. It's just the bad writing this series seems to have.
Mar 17, 2012 7:26 AM

Jan 2011
It's pretty sad seeing the prof die, he was an amazing character imo. The part with the rockets was amazing.
I would love to see Yoshida die though.
Did Yuji smile on the end or what?
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 20, 2012 3:40 PM

May 2011
Wow two heavy losses on both side. The professor is actually gone, I can't believe it. He was such a hard guy to take down and it took a coincidental shutdown by the Hyakki Yakou to finally get him lol. And old man Khamsin looks like he died protecting the rest. :( Was sad to watch him go like that at the end and giving his last speech to Yoshida. Everything was building up to his death, can't see how he survived that.

Damnn those battles were intense. Love watching Chiaki and Sale's teamwork, haha nice plan at the end to blow the professor up, didn't see that coming. Glad they came out okay, really started liking these two combo and Chiaki especially. :d

Oh hell yeah Margery spoiled their last? backup plan, that laugh of taunt at the end, just awesome. Just when Yuji and them thought they had it covered and everything was going just the way they planned. Yay for that last moe moment by Hecate. And that look on Yuji's face at the end, oh shit I can tell this is going to be epic.
Mar 24, 2012 11:36 PM

Apr 2009
The crazy professor finally dies by getting a taste of his own medicine. Fittingly crazy way to die for a crazy character. To be honest, I hated him and his noisy mannerisms. Same goes for his annoying assistant. Khamsin falls in battle for the Flame Haze side. He's not likely to survive this one, and the conspicuous burns on his body serve as his death flags.

Looks like the Flame Haze have the last laugh this time around, spoiling Bal Masque's premature celebration by tainting their backup. This is why backups should be redundant. ;)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.