Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2012 10:35 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Karuta's so cute when saying Watanuki's baka!! lol~

The day comes, and she's nervous, but it's like the usual.

With that note, Hikasa-san's character and Toyosaki maid are playing with each other's breasts!! lol~

Hanging out with Karuta, who shares what she enjoys.

Natsume and paperroll guy's soundless conversation!! lol~

She's very concentrated on her cleaning up and preparing.

lol @ Mask and Musk.

Cute that the ringtone is the Karuta ED, too!

Getting ready for the test. lol @ Karuta's pencil with weird answers. SS guy solved her problem. And Watanuki still wants to fight against the girl! Natsume getting quizzes competition. Karuta is so adorable... and STRONG!!

lol @ the "Meniac" explanation. (Haiso?), and that the girl is tsunshun, not tsundere. SS guy cannot stop with what the girl's like.

Karuta can see the girl's change!!

And SS guy's ED!!

The note of not speak out... lol @ the not connecting conversation!!

lol @ SM guy's reappearance, and because the girl got the question correctly, she's going to Hawaii with him?

SS guy vs. SM guy next ep.?
tsubasaloverMar 8, 2012 10:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 8, 2012 12:41 PM

Dec 2010
Way better than last week's episode.

Enjoyed all the KarutaxWatanuki moments. Renzou and Kagerou are still awesome, the after credits scene was hilarious.
Mar 8, 2012 12:58 PM

Jun 2009
Frustrating that they cliff-hanged Ririchiyo's meeting with Miketsukami last week and completely avoided it this week, as well as preview for next episode not looking good. Feels like their only card they have to play as far as character development goes is Ririchiyo x Miketsukami but their saving it for the very last episodes if they ever show anything at all.

I love the comedy and the characters though.
Mar 8, 2012 1:44 PM

May 2011
LOl I laugh on this episode.
Nobara surely make pure jokes there!
And more of Watanuki x Karuta FTW!
Mar 8, 2012 2:16 PM

Jul 2010
More Ririchiyo in the shower is always a treat.

The return of the S&M guy! lol
Mar 8, 2012 2:51 PM

Dec 2010
Better than last week; plot didn't move much but the return of the S&M makes next week look interesting at least; I'm sure something will happen before the ending, but i just wish they moved along the plot faster.
Mar 8, 2012 3:17 PM

Jul 2009
forgive me for the caps but F*CK YES KAGEROU IS BACK!!!!! ♥
I'm so thrilled for the next episode.
Although I just realized again how few episodes this show has....
will that suffice? :o

Also: I loved Zange in this episode, as always.
The Watanuki x Karuta was lovely.
And I really laughed at Chiyo slapping the mobile out of Soushi's hand twice, I dunno why xD
[.center] [./center]
Mar 8, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
alright, the funny bits and stuff is great but i feel no connection with this show or anything.
it's like i'm just sitting here, just watching someone self pity themselves and don't do anything about it and they avoid developing the main relationship. something like that.
it's just ugggghhhh. i was so excited for the coffee time but nooooooooooooooo.
what did i expect, i guess?
/:
hopefully s&m guy makes things interesting next week....
Mar 8, 2012 4:06 PM

Jul 2011
I like the ending song.
Mar 8, 2012 4:41 PM

Aug 2009
liked the ending scene! ^__^
Mar 8, 2012 5:07 PM

Oct 2010
Another nice episode albeit slow and a little mundane. No matter what people may argue they cannot argue hands down to the following,

Kagerou saved the end show with a BANG entrance. That was the highest peak of the episode, Major ROFL and major fun just at that part.

Other than that the fan service was higher.

About the fan service, Ririchiyo finally got, what I predicted seeing that many animes just from the preview, the shower scene. It was nothing knew but it completes the fan service needed at a higher level. The list has more details.
  • Well certainly I won’t deny the major higher and to that extent effective fan service cock-teasing. Ririchiyo in the spoiler
    has all the was missing shown. Full frontal better seen, ass and chest. There is nothing better than the shower scene in fan service of her. Due to knowing the studio I think only some steam might be out more than it shows. I don’t think the studio would add any details knowing them from Bento series.

• Chino/Nobara breast playing in the spoiler
    was fun and comedic. I found it nothing of lustful.

• There were some questionable poses of Ririchiyo with those spandex in the spoiler
    rather appealing considering it sure showed more due to their properties. A ecchi fad at most done in other animes, still nice to see it apply to Ririchiyo.

• Finally some Ririchiyo/Karuta swimsuit and daring poses in the spoiler
    modded to look better. Swimsuit of Ririchiyo was nice.
Suffice to say fan service fans got more than they asked compared to last episode.

About the preview, oh dear here goes Kagerou with Karuta enslaving her and he even wants to with Banri. Looks like Kagerou will try to enslave Renshou even from the looks of here. Looks like Ririchiyo will get one hell of a car ride here. Can’;t wait to see Soushi/Kagerou fights in the spoiler
will you prove yourself again towards your Master Soushi? SHOW ME! Next episode! Might edit later.

BTW Image Stitches have been done in the spoiler
some nice group ones and Ririchiyo ones.

Intermissions in the spoiler
is of Chino and Renshou that are nice cause Renshou looks in fashion and China is funny with her Musk Melon.

Some GIFs in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=411829
of Kagerou in sig format.

Some pics modded of Nobara’s imagination in the spoiler
nice one of Karuta.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 8, 2012 5:08 PM

Aug 2011
God I wish Karuta was the main character.
Mar 8, 2012 5:18 PM
Aug 2011
mitch3315 said:

That makes two of us.

Boo. We didn't see the coffee date.

Yumekichi11 said:
oh dear here goes Kagerou with Karuta enslaving her and he even wants to with Banri.

Excited for this upcoming episode.
Mar 8, 2012 6:07 PM

Jan 2011

[center]
Mar 8, 2012 6:26 PM

Oct 2010
VioLink said:
I understand less spoon feeding and more imagination using is better. I agree with you.

Mar 8, 2012 6:28 PM
Oct 2010
^ LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL seriously :D
this was a great ep. love karuta. so fcking cute. tsunshun lol. new archetype
wish they had their date though. was really looking forward to it.
kagerou at the end was win. dude is a great character. too bad he appeard at the end. hope theres more of him next week
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 8, 2012 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
The start of the episode was soooo cuutee D:!

The manga was cute but this... THIS!
Mar 8, 2012 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
VioLink said:
I understand less spoon feeding and more imagination using is better. I agree with you.

Yep! Thank you for the screenshots I enjoyed them a lot!
[center]
Mar 8, 2012 7:05 PM

Oct 2011
Maniac!!!
Mar 8, 2012 7:32 PM

Sep 2008
...the 8pm didn't happen...

Renshou's drawing reminded me of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2012 7:34 PM

Oct 2011
exciting,good,humorus episode :D best one 5/5
Mar 8, 2012 8:03 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was just stupid as hell.

1. Fan service fucking overload. Jesus...
2. They wasted time fapping around pointlessly the entire episode and the coffee date didn't even happen.
3. That one faggot showed up again at the end.

-_-'

Oh yeah, and if anyone else calls Ririchiyo a tsundere again after this episode, you're definitely a retard.
Mar 8, 2012 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
this episode was pretty funny the more i see of Renshou the more he reminds me of myself lol,and after all that no coffee date :/.

At least the end bit made up for that the Kage Master is back!
Mar 8, 2012 9:12 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,KAGE SAMA!!!

The episode had a lot of fanservise to cute delicious Ririchiyo bathing to boob grabbing between Chino and Nobara.

The comedy again was good Sange still made me laugh anytime and KarutaxWatanuki its always cute.

Now...the plot didnt advance nothing and at the end the coffee date didnt happen because...the greatest character in anime appear KAGE SAMAAAAAAAAAAA!!! next episode seems filled with him and it looks probably get some info on Soushi....CANT WAIT!!
Mar 8, 2012 9:15 PM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Oh yeah, and if anyone else calls Ririchiyo a tsundere again after this episode, you're definitely a retard.
Yeah but Tsunshun only applies to her does it? I mean I did not see other girls having it labeled so far other than this series.

Mar 8, 2012 9:20 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Yeah but Tsunshun only applies to her does it? I mean I did not see other girls having it labeled so far other than this series.
Idiots kept calling her a tsundere even though that clearly wasn't the case. And you can just see her character page to see anyway.
Mar 8, 2012 9:25 PM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Idiots kept calling her a tsundere even though that clearly wasn't the case. And you can just see her character page to see anyway.
Yeah but you did not answer me, is it only for her or other girls had that label too?

If so then it could be very well a new type for girls in future animes after this one. A new fad so to speak.

Mar 8, 2012 11:38 PM

Feb 2010
karuta looks like she has tits in that b4 after thing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2012 12:13 AM

May 2011
I feel like nothing is happening in this anime story wise.

Mar 9, 2012 2:05 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Yeah but you did not answer me, is it only for her or other girls had that label too?

If so then it could be very well a new type for girls in future animes after this one. A new fad so to speak.
She's the first. I like it a lot more than tsundere just from this show. I hope some better anime come along and make some nice tsunshun characters in the future.

LisNoir said:
I feel like nothing is happening in this anime story wise.
Yeah...
Mar 9, 2012 3:18 AM

May 2010
When is that 8 pm going to happen??

that ending song was really good.
Mar 9, 2012 3:33 AM

Oct 2011
I often feel this anime isn't going anywhere... I mean, in the last 3 or 4 episodes, in the end, I think we aren't getting the story's development.

I keep watchig because I really like Chio x Miketsukami-kun pairing a lot, but I wish we could get more character development... and then when I though "finally, 8 pm has arrived!" no... we get more of Kagerou.
SenshigeiaMar 9, 2012 3:36 AM
Mar 9, 2012 4:00 AM

Mar 2011
Karuta is so cute >.<
Entertaining episode
Mar 9, 2012 4:35 AM

Oct 2011
love this show - one of my favorite parts is always the vocal fireworks between watanuki and natsume - natsume has to be one of the funniest characters of all time - as always, the growing infatuation of ririrchiyo for miketsukami is so adorable - she is so out of touch with her own feelings, she is not totally sure yet what it is - i love the way this show takes it's time to develop, not running at a breakneck pace to go nowhere, it's more like real life...the return of kagerou- i can't wait to see what develops - the master of s+m was hysterical last time - also loved the whole "maniac" explananation....
Mar 9, 2012 4:36 AM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:

She's the first. I like it a lot more than tsundere just from this show. I hope some better anime come along and make some nice tsunshun characters in the future.
YES! YOU ARE AWESOME! Thanks for the answer and then it looks promising for future tags to have a new one among them for girls. Tsunshun, huh? Nice, sounds good.

Mar 9, 2012 4:45 AM

Oct 2011
parfaited said:
mitch3315 said:

That makes two of us.

Boo. We didn't see the coffee date.

Yumekichi11 said:
oh dear here goes Kagerou with Karuta enslaving her and he even wants to with Banri.

Excited for this upcoming episode.
that makes three of us! kana hanazawa does an amazing job as the seiyuu - i've totally fallen in love with her voice/character in this!!!
Mar 9, 2012 6:04 AM
Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
So you say, but the more I see of her the more I'm convinced she has all the characteristics of a tsundere, with an added quirk. So if anything, I see this tsunshun rather as a specialization, and I find it more interesting that a regular tsundere, but I wouldn't say she isn't one. That's my opinion anyway.

You see, the judgement of whether someone has successfully created a new archetype and how it's classified never falls on the author himself, but on the public, and right now I haven't seen enough acknowledgement to say for sure what's the verdict.

... This could be an interesting thread discussion though.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 9, 2012 6:37 AM

Oct 2011
Karuta was so cute with her hairstyle! x)

4/5
Mar 9, 2012 8:42 AM

Aug 2011
Ajunky said:
DraconisMarch said:
So you say, but the more I see of her the more I'm convinced she has all the characteristics of a tsundere, with an added quirk. So if anything, I see this tsunshun rather as a specialization, and I find it more interesting that a regular tsundere, but I wouldn't say she isn't one. That's my opinion anyway.

You see, the judgement of whether someone has successfully created a new archetype and how it's classified never falls on the author himself, but on the public, and right now I haven't seen enough acknowledgement to say for sure what's the verdict.

...Or you could just, like, read. Look at the definitions of the words. It's spelled out very plainly.

LEARN TO READ. said:
She has been called a tsunshun instead of tsundere because she gets depressed (shun) instead of getting modest (dere) after behaving in a conceited manner.

It's seriously not hard. Tsunderes are just annoying bitches with bipolar disorder: treat you like shit one second, treat you tenderly the next--always flip flopping between the two. Just when you thought she'd start being nice to you, you get slapped in the face for no reason.

TV Tropes said:
Ahem. Yes. The Japanese term tsundere refers to a character who "runs hot and cold", alternating between two distinct moods: tsuntsun (aloof or irritable) and deredere (lovestruck).
Mar 9, 2012 8:47 AM

Dec 2011
Awww no coffee with Soushi D:

VioLink said:

lol Ririchiyo has a nice ass
Mar 9, 2012 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
i enjoyed this episode and im happy kage is back.somehow i felt that he saved
this show.but *sigh* 3 episodes left and there is nothing happening.
Mar 9, 2012 12:45 PM

May 2010
MelbShaw said:
karuta looks like she has tits in that b4 after thing

Ya didnt notice that before? I mean I thought she was flat at the start too but then I saw her ending in episode 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycSZarCfj2I

She has a chest, and its sorta bouncy, which was unexpected, but I like it :P
I like to draw. Check out my deviantArt profile below for my work.

http://brian12.deviantart.com/
Mar 9, 2012 1:13 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome episode! XD 10/10
Karuta was so cute!! And she eats all the time and even draws candies on her notebook. The scene with Sorinozuka and Zange and later Ririchiyo and Miketsukami standing before that message "Don't talk" was so so funny. And they get so kawaiii chibified all the time.

Mar 9, 2012 2:26 PM

Dec 2009
ZANGE TALKING TO SORINOZUKA IN SILENCE WAS SO FUNNY, ESPECIALLY THE MISUNDERSTANDINGS. XD
Mar 9, 2012 3:07 PM

Sep 2010
I will resume this episode in 5 words: Maniac, tsunshun, silent conversations and Shoukiin!
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 9, 2012 3:31 PM
Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Ajunky said:
DraconisMarch said:

...Or you could just, like, read. Look at the definitions of the words. It's spelled out very plainly.

LEARN TO READ. said:
She has been called a tsunshun instead of tsundere because she gets depressed (shun) instead of getting modest (dere) after behaving in a conceited manner.

It's seriously not hard. Tsunderes are just annoying bitches with bipolar disorder: treat you like shit one second, treat you tenderly the next--always flip flopping between the two. Just when you thought she'd start being nice to you, you get slapped in the face for no reason.

TV Tropes said:
Ahem. Yes. The Japanese term tsundere refers to a character who "runs hot and cold", alternating between two distinct moods: tsuntsun (aloof or irritable) and deredere (lovestruck).
You should look at yourself before telling others to learn to read... I don't entirely agree with the tsunshun quote you made but it doesn't contradict what I said since it's not even stating that Ririchiyo isn't a tsundere. It you the one assuming that those two archetypes are mutually exclusive. In fact, browsing the tv tropes for tsunshun I see many tsunderes there, and while anything there has to be read with judgement (try it, it's not too hard) it at least shows that there are other people sharing my opinion... which is that, an opinion, just like yours, which is not an absolute truth as you seem to think.

The second quote you made is IMO a bit of an oversimplification but lets go with it. It still would be stupid to assume that a tsundere only has those two modes, since that would make all those characters lacking in any depth. So a tsundere would be the characters that build up from those modes. Now, Ririchiyo has shown those modes, being aloof despite herself, and extremely kind and sweet when being true to herself. The "shun" mode is an extra trait that displays her guilt over being "tsun", it doesn't replace the "dere" mode. To begin with, no tsundere becomes "dere" as a consequence of being "tsun".

Anyway, here's my advice to you, try to get your head out of your ass, then you might be able to understand different opinions.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 9, 2012 7:33 PM

Dec 2011
I just realized the only reason why I keep watching this are the side characters - Carpet-san, Bunny-san and S&M-san especially.
Mar 9, 2012 7:44 PM

May 2010
dczzz said:
Maniac!!!
Mar 10, 2012 1:38 AM
Jan 2009
D: The lobster..
Mar 10, 2012 3:16 AM

Mar 2011
THE RETURN OF KAGEROU!!!! banzai for Sugita Tomokazu!!! t.t I can't get enough~ does that make me... M? XD

Karuta is just too cute as always, and I love the fox-bunny moments.
Did anyone else remember a recent episode of Gintama when we were reminded that "bunnies can die from loneliness" ...

Mask fruit..

and really, wow, that was way more fanservice than I was expecting, It would be better if she wasn't such a loli though... and seriously, some of you guys are seriously getting worked up about that stuff, holy crap!
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inu x Boku SS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 1, 2012

85 by lazypanda666 »»
Oct 28, 2023 11:56 PM

Poll: » Inu x Boku SS Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

91 by lazypanda666 »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:55 AM

Poll: » Inu x Boku SS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 16, 2012

118 by lazypanda666 »»
Oct 24, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » Inu x Boku SS Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

148 by lazypanda666 »»
Oct 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Inu x Boku SS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

choyos - Feb 2, 2012

128 by lazypanda666 »»
Oct 20, 2023 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.