Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 19, 2012 2:31 AM

Aug 2010
I liked the fight scenes.
Mar 19, 2012 11:59 PM

Jan 2012
story is such a mess. one episode a character is loosing their mind then the next, they are doing just fine. WDF!

Fight scenes are very cool graphics wise but they are very inconsistent. No laws, no physics, no nothing.
like in this episode, BRS pops a couple of bullets to BGS and it tore an arm of when they were harmless on previous episode's more brutal attacks.
NoobHunterDMar 20, 2012 12:02 AM
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 20, 2012 2:43 PM

Mar 2008
Aurelianus said:

About Yuu's "immortality..." well, my theory is that Saya's Yuu (Yuu1) and Mato's first Yuu (Yuu2... lol U2) are separate entities. I have, unfortunately, little evidence to back this, though. I say this mainly because Mato and Yuu2 were friends from early childhood, and I'm certain that Yuu2 couldn't have looked like the way she does now at that point. Wait... what am I saying? I should go to bed now.

Escapism.

Yuu switched places with Strength.
The yuu wanted to escape that world full of worries and evils, and went into another world, more peaceful, where she could vent their anger without remorse.

At the same time, Strength wanted to see that other world with feelings, and nodded.
Mar 20, 2012 6:36 PM
Mar 2010
Interesting twists that answer questions from before. Not totally sure about the whole Yuu thing but guessing we are going to get a bit more explanation soon, although I'd agree with what most people have written before.
IBRS was awesome though but I'm guessing there is going to be some resolution with people getting their memories back.
Although, when STR took Chariot(?) (Kaguri)'s body away that is when she threw it away? Maybe she did the same with Dead Master.
Must admit, I wasn't sure an eight episode series would be enough but so far this has exceeded my expectations.
Mar 21, 2012 8:06 AM

Apr 2009
It seems it was Yuu that started it all. She has such as messed up past, now I see why her other self's name is Strength. Though it is undeniable that she has been twisting the minds of the other girls in the process, I may have misjudged Saya's true intentions here. Their backstory came as a twist to me because of that.

Also, I don't get all the hate for Kagari that still exists up to now. It's not like she hurt Yomi again this episode. Heck, I thought Mato slapping her last time was also unwarranted, given that she didn't intentionally cause Yomi to break or did it out of malice.

It seems I also have to pay more attention to details, as I didn't even realize that the Yuu we've been seeing doesn't have a shadow or that she didn't age at all. ^^; In any case, I think this show has improved a lot compared to what I thought in the beginning.
Mar 26, 2012 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
So much shit happens in this Anime, so intense. xD
Mar 31, 2012 5:03 AM
Feb 2009
Z4turn said:
Just please tell me that BGS isn't dead, i mean theres still a lot of things about her that have to be cleared about her, not just her other self but for example, why she was always spying the otherselves since the 1st episode?

She didn't look dead to me, she looked more like Yuu in the otherworld sealed her to protect her from Insane BRS.
Apr 3, 2012 11:49 AM

Oct 2009
I love'd how BRS is fighting. Very hardcore. :3
Also, why the heck is STR so strong? >_>
Also-also, at the end, when STR almost
BRS, there, on one second was shown a new(or old) character. Huh.
あらあら。。。
Apr 5, 2012 10:21 PM

Aug 2010
The plot is everywhere
Apr 11, 2012 7:53 PM

Sep 2011
I'm confused now; who's the antagonist, Saya or Yuu? And how would Yuu/STR be able to stay young if she grew up with Saya?
Apr 14, 2012 8:09 AM

Apr 2012
JediEspada said:
And how would Yuu/STR be able to stay young if she grew up with Saya?

I've got the same question.. Anyone care to explain?
May 11, 2012 5:31 AM

Jun 2009
So... BRS is evil since the start of the series, and BGS was "training" others to be strong so they can take on BRS...

Then why is it that BRS seem so... friendly with MD before she went nuts?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2012 11:15 AM

May 2012
Great episode was quite interesting story development, all the fighting scenes where quite nice to watch and the ending where Yomi comes back was quite nice as well! I do wonder what will happen in the following 2 episodes!
Oct 18, 2012 11:08 AM

Sep 2012
That was dumb.
I feel like it was trying to be the next Madoka
Nov 17, 2012 4:52 AM
Jul 2018

Yomi forgot about Mato. :c
Who is Yu that Mato's close friend? Another person?
Jan 2, 2013 11:59 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome episode! STR homebase is pretty crazy with all those blocks!
Jan 25, 2013 6:21 AM

Dec 2012
So is having a character in that world a good thing or bad thing? It looks like people would be much more happier without that world around. maybe Yuu created that world out of her grief anyways. If that world is destroyed, Yuu dies, that's make more sense
Apr 10, 2013 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
Another great episode
Sep 16, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2013
Getting real confusing now.
Nov 8, 2013 9:24 AM

Feb 2013
I just started watching this anime yesterday and I'm just going wow at this point. I'm really hoping that's not the end for Yomi since I really think there could be more character developement. I get that now she's happy and she's not holding so hard to Kagari making new friends and not being Mato's BEST friend, but I think Yamo joining the fight with Mato and Yuu could make things more interesting. >w<
Jan 3, 2014 2:48 PM

Dec 2008
Why is Yuu still a child while Saya has grown into an adult?

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 21, 2014 7:24 PM

Mar 2013
This is a lot better than I expected, and dark too.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 16, 2014 6:17 AM

Feb 2013
This show has now officially thrown any attempt at sanity and coherent plot development out of the window. Still enjoyable, but too confusing, arbitrary and not fleshed out/ explained enough. I feel theyre just going a tad too fast, maybe 13 eps couldve done this series and the underlieing plots more justice.

PS.: Did anyone else notice the similarity between the young flashback Saya and Kurisu from Steins;Gate?! I know they were concieved by the same character designer, but still... basically they look EXACTLY the same :D.
MrPrinceSanjiFeb 16, 2014 7:45 AM
Aug 9, 2014 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
Why is Yuu still a child while Saya has grown into an adult?

Sent with Mal Updater

Because apparently Yuu in the real world is actually not Yuu , but the character she got from the other world.
Meaning the actual Yuu is in the other world.
That would explain why the "Yuu" in the real world could transfer Kuroi and Saya to the other world.

This is what I get from people commenting here.
Aug 9, 2014 8:36 AM

Jan 2013
MrPrinceSanji said:

PS.: Did anyone else notice the similarity between the young flashback Saya and Kurisu from Steins;Gate?! I know they were concieved by the same character designer, but still... basically they look EXACTLY the same :D.

Yeah I actually thought I saw Kurisu there aswell, thought it was just me.
Aug 16, 2014 4:10 AM

Aug 2013
MrPrinceSanji said:

Oh wow. I never knew. O:
http://myanimelist.net/people/10145/huke

Teenage Saya pretty much looks like an exact cross between Makise Kurisu from "Steins;Gate" and Kuroha Neko from "Brynhildr in the Darkness".
Feb 7, 2015 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
I can't help to think that those fights are only part of their imagination, personification of their thoughts and inner fights. As such, this series is brilliant at their emotional portrayal.

Anyway, this was pretty intense episode. Finally we have backround of all girls.
Saya had her own reasons to protect Yuu-chan and I have to say I kinda understand her better now but I still don't think all of her actions are excusable. Still don't know why Yuu is "forgettable" for others, does that imply she is hiding like snail in his shell? Or, more likely, is she literally living inside of her dream?

Also, all the time it didn't occur to me at all that Yuu was start of everything. She created her inner world to offet those horrors of normal life she had to endure and invited others in there. But as Kuroi said, this is wrong, those problems cannot be solved by something like this, it's just shutting itself from outside world in the process. Now I wonder what Matou can do while inside BRS. Hopefully, she will break all those chains.

And Yomi deleting Kuroi's mail address was pretty intense scene.
Feb 19, 2015 11:27 AM

Nov 2010
Saya was not a b*tch after all?
Mar 6, 2015 5:22 PM

Feb 2015
Every episodes keep getting better and better.

BRS 'evolved'... too bad she ripped her arm off *ouch*

Yomi seems to have forgotten about Mato which is sad but other than that, this episode was fantastic, explained lots of stuff.
Apr 4, 2015 11:01 PM

Nov 2014
Now I see why Saya put the girls through emotional and mental stress so they can come to realization and awaken their otherselves (Saya convincing Yomi that no one would care about her). At the same time, Yuu tried to do the same to Mato however; the shock of Mato witnessing Dead Master being slain as she was entering the consciousness made BRS go insane.

So Yuu knew all of this and Saya willing to learn about Yuu's "wounds" was rather surprised and unsatisfied with Yuu's answer of someone else taking on her pain (makes her sound unrealistic, similar to Yuu explaining herself to Mato). Saya initially believed that Yuu started the fire at her own home since she bottled up those painful emotions for so long and finally let them loose but it ends up being her stepfather. Either way, Yuu wasn't blaming her but Saya felt upset and wanted to make it up to her once Yuu told her about the Otherworld and discovering her otherself by "protecting their girl" with BGS. Glad that Yomi's back to normal though just like Kagari, their negative feelings and emotions alongside her memory of Mato are erased (for Yomi).

It was rough watching Mato experience the pain that IBRS seems to ignore (getting stabbed and ripping her arm off). In fact, it seems to me that IBRS doesn't seem to care at all how severe her injuries become and cares for nothing more but being relentless and pursuing the otherselves in the Otherworld. "Our girl" seems to be clearly referring towards the otherself with fist weapons that Saya apparently promised Yuu to protect but is ironically the opposite when BGS is the one being saved. At this point, it's safe to say that otherself is Yuu.
Jun 26, 2015 9:31 PM

Nov 2014
I'm so confused
Aug 8, 2015 5:25 PM

Nov 2009
This gets worse with every episode.
Sep 19, 2015 9:02 PM

Jul 2015
SayakaMagica said:
It seems I also have to pay more attention to details, as I didn't even realize that the Yuu we've been seeing doesn't have a shadow or that she didn't age at all. ^^; In any case, I think this show has improved a lot compared to what I thought in the beginning.

RRRRAH Ergo Proxy did the same thing I should be expecting it by now ! Fucking shadows :(

edit : I'm rewatching with decent subs and I noticed the first shot you get of Yuu in episode 1 is her foot. And guess what ? No shadooow :p. I've looked for it a bit and the show avoids shots where we should see her shadow after that for a while ;).

Also, while I managed to piece most things together, watched episodes 1 to 4 with Commie's subs. GOD THEY'RE FUCKING ATROCIOUS ! So mad :( the kagari x yomi dialogue at the end of episode 4 made me go "huuuuu... I'll try my other subs"
DeathkoSep 20, 2015 1:26 AM
Jul 31, 2016 9:06 AM

Feb 2015
Rewatching: This is where things begin to get difficult to understand. I'm paying more attention to the story now than the first time I watched it, but it's still not easy to follow Well, still two more episodes to go.
Anyway, the teacher wasn't so bad after all. Yomi is freed from all the negativity that she experienced when she was linked to the other world and is finally doing okay. Nice to see. It's a shame Kagari and Yomi don't seem to be really friends anymore, but at least they're okay going their own way, not being dependant on each other any longer.
SayakaMagica said:
Also, I don't get all the hate for Kagari that still exists up to now. It's not like she hurt Yomi again this episode. Heck, I thought Mato slapping her last time was also unwarranted, given that she didn't intentionally cause Yomi to break or did it out of malice.

Totally agree. Kagari deserves much more love.
MilenninJul 31, 2016 9:11 AM
Nov 17, 2016 4:36 AM

Mar 2015
What?? Saya and Yuu knew each other from the very beginning? Is Yuu the original founder of other world?

I thought Black Golden Saw is hella strong but she is pretty weak which is disappointing.

3.7/5
Aug 5, 2017 11:08 AM
Jul 2012
1idd0kun said:
Here's an explanation of the plot:

Yuu is trapped in the Underworld.

STR is trapped in the Real World.

Mato is suppressing some issues from her past, so BRS is getting more and more violent and stronger. BRS is set out to destroy the Underworld.

Saya connects with BGS in order to protect Yuu in the Underworld.

Saya tries to strengthen other avatars (by messing up with the real persons' feelings) so that these can be a match to try and stop BRS from destroying the Underworld.

Everything backfired when not even fully powered Dead Master could deal with BRS, and due to Mato merging with BRS and going Insane now everything seems lost.

thanks for the explanation!!!! my head is spinning, watching this episode. cannot quite understand
Aug 16, 2017 2:13 AM

Dec 2014
5/5 Geez....STR is so badass

Based on the comments here, apparently the real STR is in the real world acting as Yuu, while the real Yuu is in the other world, and that is why saya is stirring some trouble in the real world in order to make their other self stronger in the other world so that the could suppress BRS for the ultimate goal of protecting Yuu in the other world, Interesting, saya wasn't psychotic after all.
Dec 9, 2020 4:21 PM

Aug 2018
Finally fucking good ep thank god
Feb 14, 2021 6:23 AM

May 2015
I remember the first time I watched this like 5 years ago I didn't get what was going on at all lol. I get it now but what I still don't get is why it would be so bad if BRS destroyed the other world. Other than our secondary cute waifus dying lol.

I love BRS. I vividly remember BRS being a really nice character despite never talking. Especially towards the end.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 20, 2021 10:20 PM
Mar 2018
I rewatched the series as the dub came out, and I was confused on this part

We see flash backs of yuu (yes the real yuu) with mato hanging out.

Then we later see yuu (this time it's actually STR as she found out how to control it) with saya in school.

So what happened. Where did mato go. How did yuu leave mato and then meet saya?

Mato remembers yuu as kids. The reason yuu doesn't remember is because they switched before meeting saya. STR didn't experience those times with mato

Still brings the question as to why yuu just randomly left mato as kids.

And then in the last episode the real yuu doesn't even remember mato.
Jul 24, 2021 4:08 PM

Feb 2020
Yet another crazy episode.

Poor Yuu. Her backstory was so tragic.

The ending was especially sad when Yomi deleted Mato's messages and now she doesn't remember her feelings for Mato anymore. :(
Apr 3, 2022 5:52 AM

May 2020
Wait so you telling me Sensei was a good person all along? Well it seems so from the flashbacks and all, but again tbh saying each and everything made sense to me would be far-fetched.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.