Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
 
Apr 15, 2013 4:54 PM
program noizes

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 863
Doubling the counters sounds like it'd make them too hard to get. However, there's always starting them off at a higher minimum threshold. Like, Level 4/Maximum could require 120-150 titles, Level 3 could require 80-100 titles, Level 2 could require 60 titles, and Level 1 could require 40 titles. That way it's still attainable but also becomes more of a challenge.
 
Apr 18, 2013 12:26 AM
program noizes

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 863
Hmm... on the Recommendations Page there's the Missing Titles section. In one of the previous versions of MG the Missing Titles section would only show a few of these (as in a few franchises' worth), and there was this spot you clicked in order to show more. Currently, that is no longer the case. For people who've got large lists, the Missing Titles section becomes quite long upon loading, every single time. Would it be possible to bring back this feature?
 
Apr 18, 2013 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 114
1NZ3RU said:
I'd like a feature where I'd be able to show my achievements on my MAL profile.
Similar to the graph option, where I'd be able to choose to show achievements of just anime, just manga or both.

^This
Wanna join these clubs and have a nice talk: We Hate Censorship and Luna & Survive Fan Club
 
Apr 18, 2013 1:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 393
Numi said:
Hmm... on the Recommendations Page there's the Missing Titles section. In one of the previous versions of MG the Missing Titles section would only show a few of these (as in a few franchises' worth), and there was this spot you clicked in order to show more. Currently, that is no longer the case. For people who've got large lists, the Missing Titles section becomes quite long upon loading, every single time. Would it be possible to bring back this feature?
This is why it's moved to the bottom of the page - there's nothing after this section, so you don't have to scroll to the end of the list to view other sections. It was fully loaded in previous versions too, but the list was trimmed with JavaScript. Trimming it in Mg3 wouldn't serve any purpose; it wouldn't shorten the loading time either, and could even make it longer by a fraction of a second, since your browser would have to perform a few more operations.
On the other hand, we trim the individual results to 6 if they exceed 8 titles per franchise. This way you don't have to scroll through 50 Dragon Ball titles to read the rest of the list. If you're interested in Dragon Ball, you just click on "(more)" in its franchise.
1NZ3RU said:
I'd like a feature where I'd be able to show my achievements on my MAL profile.
Similar to the graph option, where I'd be able to choose to show achievements of just anime, just manga or both.
We don't plan to implement this feature in the near future, sorry. For now, you can simply copy the image URL to your profile. It's not like your badges are as dynamic as your rating distribution, so updating it shouldn't be a hassle.
Ricz said:
All I would request now is to double the counter of the leveled achievements in the anime section. Like when where after a 100 watched you received the level 4 achi, now you can get it after watching 200 of that kind.
Nah, current thresholds will stay. If I were to change something, I'd rather make additional levels instead of changing existing ones. I have no idea how they'd look like, though.
 
Apr 21, 2013 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16166
If Malgraph knows each title's score, can you make a small statistic about your most overrated/underrated anime (i.e the ones you rated highest/lowest in relation to their MAL score)?
Also i think it would be interesting to see the favorites tab with franchises grouped up because franchises with a lot of extras/specials/ovas weigh too much on the score of a studio/genre.
 
Apr 24, 2013 12:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 81
It just popped out in my mind an idea that should make happy the achievement hunter: is it possible to add, in the suggestion page, a few more list for each achievement?
I mean, for example, after the list of recommended titles, add a "Mahou Shoujo achievement list", where there are 2 or 3 titles that are part of the list of titles that are counted for that particular achievement and are chosen by the same formulas of the normal suggested series
I don't understand anything of programming, so I don't know if this idea is practical. Is it?


Sorry for any error in my statements. English isn't my first language
 
Apr 24, 2013 6:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 393
Bertock said:
It just popped out in my mind an idea that should make happy the achievement hunter: is it possible to add, in the suggestion page, a few more list for each achievement?
I mean, for example, after the list of recommended titles, add a "Mahou Shoujo achievement list", where there are 2 or 3 titles that are part of the list of titles that are counted for that particular achievement and are chosen by the same formulas of the normal suggested series
I don't understand anything of programming, so I don't know if this idea is practical. Is it?
Novel idea, but I'm against it... I'd rather people watched anime they like and get an achievement as a "side effect", than see them watch something for the sole purpose of getting a badge.
romagia said:
If Malgraph knows each title's score, can you make a small statistic about your most overrated/underrated anime (i.e the ones you rated highest/lowest in relation to their MAL score)?
Interesting. Thanks for this idea.
romagia said:
Also i think it would be interesting to see the favorites tab with franchises grouped up because franchises with a lot of extras/specials/ovas weigh too much on the score of a studio/genre.
Could you elaborate on this? I'm not sure I understand.
 
Apr 24, 2013 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16166
fri said:
romagia said:
Also i think it would be interesting to see the favorites tab with franchises grouped up because franchises with a lot of extras/specials/ovas weigh too much on the score of a studio/genre.
Could you elaborate on this? I'm not sure I understand.


J.C staff is rated very low on my list because of the 8 Slayers and 5 Raildex titles. If the franchise score (as seen in the Anime summary on the main page) would be counted, J.C would rank higher.
Also, can you add the option to filter out the studios and genres under a certain number of titles?
 
May 4, 2013 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 381
Sorry if this question has already been asked, still going through all the posts ;p but is there an easy way to find out the number of items you have watched by content rating? i.e. how many PG-13 or Rx have I watched? And if not then it would be a nice feature =D thanks!
 
May 11, 2013 12:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 81
There could be a way to remove from the missing titles list on the suggestion page the anime that are already planned? Or at least the ones that aren't still aired?
For example, I've watched all the anime of the monogatari series, and the list tells me that I might want to watch Kizumonogatari. I have already that title on my list, so I don't really see the reason to still have it on that list. But, even if it's possible that there is a reason behind that I don't understand now, Kizumonogatari is anyway a film that isn't broadcasted yet, so I find it rather useless to have on the list a title that I already want to watch but that I can't watch.
Couldn't the list be composed by series that aren't on your list and were already broadcasted


Sorry for any english error
 
May 11, 2013 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 393
That's actually a good idea, thanks. Expect to see it implemented soon.
 
May 18, 2013 5:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2279
I think vividred operation should be added to the mahou shoujo list ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 22, 2013 2:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 566
In the "favourite years" section, is there a way to click on the years that have the same (or very close) average score as the decade? It isn't really important, I was just wondering if there was a trick for it.
 
May 22, 2013 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 566
lanblade said:
Perhaps this has been suggested so pardon if it's a repeat, I didn't see anything on github specifically about it...

But I would fancy a toggle on 'hentai' in the recommendations area. As in "please don't show me hentai unless I specify so" just like with the PTW currently in place.


Oh, I would appreciate that too.
Modified by madberry, May 22, 2013 2:37 AM
 
May 29, 2013 11:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16166
Can you add on the 'List' tab columns with the MAL rating and popularity rank of each anime?
 
May 29, 2013 2:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 23
Not sure if I'm asking this in the right place but here goes. I read something about you (fri) having a black list of sort for excluding non-studios from the studios list. Sony Music Entertainment (apparently my second favourite 'studio') is listed as a studio and as far as I know they're only involved with the music and/or sponsoring of anime shows. I would much appreciate it you'd be so kind as to amend this rather insignificant 'problem'.
 
Jun 1, 2013 4:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16166
Also in the ratings panel i think it would be nice to have a Ratings vs Time, because episode count is not the best way to figure out an anime's length.
 
Jun 1, 2013 1:28 PM
program noizes

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 863
romagia said:
Also in the ratings panel i think it would be nice to have a Ratings vs Time, because episode count is not the best way to figure out an anime's length.


That feature is already there. It's the second bar graph on that page, below Ratings Distribution (bar graph) and above Ratings vs Episode Count (line graph).
 
Jun 2, 2013 3:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16166
Numi said:
romagia said:
Also in the ratings panel i think it would be nice to have a Ratings vs Time, because episode count is not the best way to figure out an anime's length.


That feature is already there. It's the second bar graph on that page, below Ratings Distribution (bar graph) and above Ratings vs Episode Count (line graph).

I guess i should have explained better. I meant a new graph, like the Ratings vs. Episode count, but count the length of each series in time(I.e <20 min, 20-59 min, 60-120 min, 121-360min, etc, ofc, given regards to typical length distribution).

I am curious, because # of episodes is not always indicative of a series' length, and there is no way to sort series by actual length (not length in episodes).
 
Jun 4, 2013 9:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 355
I think "amount of top x watched" chart could be interesting.
E.g. my stats for top 300.
It can roughly show whether a person watches good anime or not.
 
Jun 4, 2013 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 393
Right now we're struggling with memory problems (and this new host was supposed to be the best), so new features might be considered only after we're done with that.
 
Jun 5, 2013 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16166
vivan said:
I think "amount of top x watched" chart could be interesting.
E.g. my stats for top 300.
It can roughly show whether a person watches good anime or not.


IMO top 1000 is better, but i'm curious how did you make that graph.
 
Jun 7, 2013 4:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
There's one feature that's been bugging me.

On the activity page there's the 'monthly activity' graph, which displays how many things have been completed each month. The only problem though is that it counts each listing equally regardless of how long it is. Plastic Nee-san is only about 20 minutes long and that graph counts it the same as Rurouni Kenshin which is just shy of 40 hours.

Maybe we could get a graph that displays time watched by month? Or at least length of series completed in each month since I don't think the other way is possible.

Also, just for fun, how about an ecchi or harem achievement badge?
 
Jun 7, 2013 4:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 355
romagia said:
IMO top 1000 is better, but i'm curious how did you make that graph.
Using "Top Anime" page I noted positions of all titles with "edit" button (so, actually, it's not my watched titled, but titles in my list - including ptw. However my ptw is rather small and mostly consits of not aried shows), and using small Python script I calculated things, pasted them to Excel and made that chart (for x I used just numbers from 1 to 300, for y - script output divided by x).
 
Jun 8, 2013 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16166
vivan said:
romagia said:
IMO top 1000 is better, but i'm curious how did you make that graph.
Using "Top Anime" page I noted positions of all titles with "edit" button (so, actually, it's not my watched titled, but titles in my list - including ptw. However my ptw is rather small and mostly consits of not aried shows), and using small Python script I calculated things, pasted them to Excel and made that chart (for x I used just numbers from 1 to 300, for y - script output divided by x).

I see. That's pretty smart. Did you note the positions manually?


Also, it would be nice if when you click on an year/genre/length/studio on the favorites tab, to show how much % of the anime from that category you've watched, just like how it sais on the main page how much % of all anime you've watched
Modified by romagia, Jun 17, 2013 1:38 PM
 
Jun 16, 2013 12:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 143
A suggestion I have is with the Favorites tab, with years, you could toggle it to include only certain types of anime. Like you could view it with only TV anime, OVA's, or all (Like it is now).

It would be interesting to see what year you consider the best for TV anime, or just movie anime for example.
 
Jul 21, 2013 3:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
It is possible to see progress of achievements i doesn't have. It is hard to see how close i am to obtain achievements.

Also i would like to see sth about time spend. If we assume that average anime has 24 episodes. If i watch sth like One piece it is equals to 25+ titles.
 
Jul 22, 2013 10:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 27
Just a small issue


That is a screenshot of my favourite years. As you can see, many years throughout the 80's and 90's have no hits and show up as zero's. I can see that it doesn't affect the mean line but would it be possible to remove the years with no hits?

Not that big of a deal, but it still bothers me.

Thanks :)
 
Jul 23, 2013 12:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 393
> As you can see, many years throughout the 80's and 90's have no hits and show up as zero's.

They show up as zeros because there are hits, just not rated.

If we removed these then there would be no way to click on the dots. The data point is only skipped if there are no titles from that year; if they're not rated, they're shown as mean score = 0, but you can still click on them.
Modified by fri, Jul 23, 2013 1:51 AM
 
Jul 25, 2013 8:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
I have some suggestions about achievments. Some might have apperared already but i'm too lazy to read 15 pages of topic. I think they should go for both manga and anime:

1. Ecchi and Hentai achievments -> I'm sure those two appeared somewhere.

2. Aliens scpecialist -> as the name says but onlu animes entirely dedicated to aliens should be takken into account, so for example Level E would do, while Haruhi Suzumiya don't.

3. Soldier -> obviously should by for watching military anime.

4. Deamon Slayer ->reward for watching anime about deamons like Supernatural The Animation... guess things like Claymore, Berserk, Blood C

5. New anime sucks -> if Your average rating constantly decreases with years. (that red-decades-line should be taken into account otherwise it would unachievable)

6. Old anime sucks -> opposite to above

7. It's a Trap! -> for gender bender anime


 
Jul 25, 2013 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 27
fri said:
> As you can see, many years throughout the 80's and 90's have no hits and show up as zero's.

They show up as zeros because there are hits, just not rated.

If we removed these then there would be no way to click on the dots. The data point is only skipped if there are no titles from that year; if they're not rated, they're shown as mean score = 0, but you can still click on them.


Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks
 
Jul 27, 2013 3:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 83
I have an odd request for MALGraph. It's a developer only request but would be beneficial for developers of stuff like Taiga or MALUpdater.

Would it be possible to create and document a recommendations API for devs to use? Mainly because MAL does not provide such an API but would be useful for users to have in said programs to be able to easily discover new stuff to watch. You recommendations on the site are great and would be a wonderful thing to expose to developers.

Maybe have it work something like this:

GET http://mal.oko.im/recs.json?name=USERNAME

Which returns a json string like so:

http://pastebin.com/xWE0jVCV

Or have it return xml, what ever you like, but I think it would be great to add a recommendations API to MALGraph for devs to be able to leverage.

Edit: since MAL removed the spaces in the post, replaced in post json example with pastebin link.


 
Aug 6, 2013 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 393
Nope, sorry. We don't have enough computing power to provide an API, and also we wouldn't be able to provide data of user who haven't visited our site, making it useless half of the time.

In other news:
We've set up a Moderator series to help you post suggestions and vote on feature requests.

Click here to view suggestions!

I've already posted a few suggestions posted by you that made it to the new version. If you have any other ideas, this is the best time to post them - each day we're getting closer to releasing new MALgraph. Remember to vote on others' posts too!


This thread will be locked, so please post your suggestions on Google Moderator.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]