Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 7, 2012 1:59 AM
Jun 2010
Really boring episode. Needs more Raika,

And someone beat me to the Madoka end card :(
Mar 7, 2012 2:39 AM
Aug 2011
Nice episode, more screen time for Mui and Nimura my 2 favorite charcters on this show. *trains are scary, too many people, twice as many hands*
Mar 7, 2012 3:26 AM

May 2010
Miu & Nimura make a cute couple.I hope they end up together.
Mar 7, 2012 3:38 AM

Dec 2009
ahmed_great2005 said:

Hell no. Ew.
Mar 7, 2012 3:57 AM

Oct 2011
super kawaii episode!!! the singing at the end was so pretty...made me miss my family - great show!!!
Mar 7, 2012 3:58 AM

Oct 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
ahmed_great2005 said:

Hell no. Ew.
i agree.......although, maybe in ten years or so....
Mar 7, 2012 5:02 AM
Oct 2007
Miu episode was great. Miu was wearing pink pantsu. I would have pegged her for shimapan, but I wouldn't have thought she would be the plain white pantsu type. Looks like next ep is the older sister. I imagine 11 will be a Hina episode, and then some plot stuff for ep 12
zeroryoko1974Mar 7, 2012 5:07 AM
Mar 7, 2012 6:19 AM
Jun 2008
This episode is kinda boring to me...

interesting, There is shop dedicated to polishing/repair shoe in Japan.
Mar 7, 2012 6:54 AM
Oct 2010
-MgZ_ said:
This Anime is so unrealistic. No train molestion LOOOOL! >:D
You read too many tabloids. >.>
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 7, 2012 7:07 AM

Aug 2009
I kinda want to have Nimura as my prince for an afternoon too.
Nice episode. I'll never get tired hearing KitaEri's voice.

The pantsu fanservice was... out of place, but whatever.
Mar 7, 2012 7:36 AM

Jun 2009
Is she really okay now?

I was worried about her all episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2012 8:50 AM

Jul 2010
HammersFan10 said:
I know there is some sort of effort going in to create a decent story here, but I just can't buy it, not when the camera is more interesting in showing us under aged fanservice. It took me a while but I figured out what this episode was all about. It wanted the pervert lowest common denominator to project themselves onto Nimura so they could enjoy a date with a middle schooler. Wow, that's fucked up. We've even seen the 3 year old in the bath for about the 3rd or 4th time. Jesus, sometimes I really loathe my determination to finish what I start. I should probably watch something that isn't aimed at paedohiles. To each their own I guess.

>:/
I was going to put on my warrior hat and start typing. Then I saw this post in regards to Hammer's:

argilium said:
....to me (and i believe some of us), it's a show we thought would be filled with fanservice to lolicons but ended up actually getting a good grip on the concept of family and responsibility....your mind may have been corrupted by the world around you and all you see are bad things when it comes to dealing girls of their age..

Now the hat is off and sits nicely next to me. Happy to see that folks can understand what this is about. It's no "Usagi Drop" like Arg commented (even some people said THAT was a goddamned 'lolicon' show) but it's no straight panty shot after panty shot.

Also, if you see Hina in the bath and your first thought is something horrible/ecchi, then even I would have to give you the stink eye. That's not the show doing anything/forcing you to think a certain way, it's your own psyche putting those thoughts into your head. Yes, perhaps other anime/shows molded that psyche of yours into what it is now, but you can't project that thinking onto ALL anime with kids.
Mar 7, 2012 9:37 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I enjoyed the episode (and the show as a whole), but I am having trouble accepting Miu to be as mature as she is coming across. Mind you, I'm not saying it's not possible, and I've always said kids think about things adults often don't give them credit for. I'm currently raising an 11 year old myself, helped/watched my brother and his wife raising their kids (their oldest is 12), watched some friends with theirs over the years, and based on those experiences I would never imagine a 10 year old as mature as Miu is often acting. Sora and Hina come across very well for me age wise otherwise.

On the other hand, I have absolutely no problem with the show showing the stress Miu and Sora are going through. Kids are usually more adaptable than adults give them credit for, but that doesn't mean they can't suffer from stress due to things like losing loved ones (never mind parents), divorce (such as my own son is dealing with, even if my ex and I get along fairly well, all things considered), or even simply moving/changing schools. Actually, the show may not be showing that as much as it could.
Mar 7, 2012 10:52 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was great!, and I don't even like Miu that much.
Mar 7, 2012 5:39 PM

Oct 2010
cute episode wasnt that great tho D:
Mar 7, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
Why isn't this series 24 episodes long so there could be another Miu episode? :(
Mar 7, 2012 7:29 PM

Sep 2011
Kind of boring, and blatant fanservice in the beginning.

Can't wait for Hina episode.

Mar 7, 2012 9:35 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty chillaxed episode. I liked it. Especially since Miu and Nimura are my favourite characters.
Mar 7, 2012 10:50 PM

May 2010
Miu chan is such sweet girl, I wanna hug her !!
Mar 8, 2012 2:20 AM
Nov 2011
Nimura was awesome this episode and Miu was too cute.
Mar 8, 2012 3:42 AM

Apr 2010
I'm guessing the next two will showcase Sora & Hina's difficulty adjusting to living at a new place.

I'm pretty sure they've already mention Miu was falling asleep in school and Sora's grades were dropping. So I'm guessing that's what this episode and the next one will be showing along with other things.

If the relatives were so concerned about the girls having problems, why not give Yuta the house? Seems like no one was living there and it would make things easier on them and Yuta's income troubles. It's like they're trying to watch him fail at attempting to raise them.
tangytangerineMar 8, 2012 11:36 AM
Mar 8, 2012 4:37 AM

Apr 2009
this episode just for miu~chan & nimura-kun
Mar 8, 2012 7:24 AM
Jan 2011
Awesome
Mar 8, 2012 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
Moe episode, Miu chan is just full of cuteness <3
Mar 8, 2012 8:51 AM
Jun 2010
Good episode. Miu is the best character. But Miu not love Nimura. Their relationship is more friendly.
Mar 8, 2012 12:13 PM

Jan 2011
Lol at the fake date, was nice to watch although no story development, was relaxing though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 8, 2012 3:39 PM

Jul 2010
Miu centered episode! Nimura is going on a date with a 10 year old, the lolicon. He gets all the girls, be they big or small. xD

Everyone seems much too mature for their age though. I mean, Miu is 10 and behaves like a teenager sometimes. She goes home on her own too.

That still shot at the end looked very much like the Madoka Magicka style! Same artist?

Mar 8, 2012 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Relaxing episode but I could not help but start to fall asleep a bit.

Miu isn't the sort of character that can carry a episode on her own, there just isn't that much development.

Nimura is a awesome guy, next episode looks like Sora's going to be struggling with the situation so i'm seeing a chain of these sort of episode's occuring.

There has to be a second season to fully complete this series, 12 episode's is definitely not enough.
Mar 9, 2012 9:37 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Soshintsu said:
Speaking of Sora, I'm actually a bit scared of Sora-centered episodes as she's often getting on my nerves being so awkward, prude and tsundere. Seriously, I think that girl is even ashamed of existing and taking up space... But I digress ^^

Well. Not sure if that is where the manga goes/anime is going or not, but something to consider. Her real mother died(?), her father's second wife left, and her father and her father's third wife have died (apparently). She and her sisters are now living with a guy who is visibly struggling to make ends meet and still go to college now that he's taking care of them, and she knows she and her sisters are a huge burden to him. That's a hell of a lot for a kid. On top of that, she's a young teen, a VERY rough time of life for most under good conditions. Between those things I'd be surprised if a 14 year old didn't have a complex about herself.
Mar 9, 2012 2:15 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Soshintsu said:
Maybe I'm just getting tired of typical teenager problems by watching so many anime with teen characters (especially tsunderes without self esteem).

Quite understandable - a major part of why I'm enjoying this show is because the main character is an adult AND acts like one. Often the adults are just comic relief, when they appear, or just side characters.

Soshintsu said:
It's not like I didn't have major issues when I was 14 myself...
My nightmare scenario is my son follows the path my brother and I did.
CratexMar 9, 2012 2:18 PM
Mar 9, 2012 8:48 PM

Apr 2010
"We're connected by the sky". I see what you did there, Feel. >> If anyone does not get this, look in the spoiler.

Mar 11, 2012 6:56 PM
Feb 2012
oh nice for spotting the ref

didnt noticed that
Mar 12, 2012 2:25 AM

Aug 2010
No annoying old hag, no delicious Raika. 3/5.
Mar 13, 2012 5:08 PM

May 2011
A Miu episode was refreshing to see. She's so cute and she sure does look good in everything. Love the way she was playing along with Nimura, she sure knows how to communicate with people tbh. No wonder how she's so popular at school. Wow it takes them a longgg time to get to school and having to transfer at so many trains and getting just squished. Looks like its getting tough with Miu having to act like her usual upbeat self at school.

Nimura is an awesome dude.
Mar 14, 2012 3:08 PM

Aug 2011
What a sweet date. It's nice to see Miu in the spotlight this time.
Mar 15, 2012 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
ZeroZx said:
A Miu episode was refreshing to see. She's so cute and she sure does look good in everything. Love the way she was playing along with Nimura, she sure knows how to communicate with people tbh. No wonder how she's so popular at school. Wow it takes them a longgg time to get to school and having to transfer at so many trains and getting just squished.
For some of the schools i went to i had to commute a long time as well for one of my schools it took one hour and when public transportation was down it could easily be three hours sometimes even more.
Longest delay i had it took me seven hours to get home from school it was pretty frustrating but the rather was good and i had a few people to talk with those occasions are great to meet people.
In my situation i didn't have to much choice but i think it would be better for the girls to go to a school nearby.
Mar 15, 2012 12:48 PM

Dec 2006
Mogami-kun said:
No annoying old hag, no delicious Raika.

and that makes this episode be a 5/5 to me xD

Besides Hina, Miu and Nimura are my favorite characters. Nimura is such a gentleman <3~
Mar 16, 2012 6:08 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Soshintsu said:
As a side note, I just realized a father-in-law and a stepfather are two very different things ^^ The shame... :-/

(grin) there are worse things to confuse.
Mar 16, 2012 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
Cratex said:
Soshintsu said:
As a side note, I just realized a father-in-law and a stepfather are two very different things ^^ The shame... :-/

(grin) there are worse things to confuse.
Indeed as long as you don't mistake your mother in law you should be fine.
AversaMar 16, 2012 2:01 PM
Mar 17, 2012 5:35 AM
Nov 2011
You gotta figure that when the school term is up, either the girls should move to a closer school, or Yutta needs to move closer. That's just insane for them if you ask me. an hour and a half ride? sheesh.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 18, 2012 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
That was a very nice Miu-centric episode. I like how Miu is actually much less "devilish" than her description in the novel's synopsis seemed to suggest. Instead of a "little demon", she was actually a "little angel" in this one. Not in Sako's sense, but then again, screw him and his creepy tendencies.

No wonder Kouichi has that lady killer reputation in Yuuta's eyes. The man is a smooth operator, and a nice guy overall. Their little "date" here wasn't creepy at all in the slightest. It was cute. Miu's my favorite in the show, so I enjoyed it. Also, very nice voice work by Eri Kitamura here.
Apr 11, 2012 12:03 AM

Sep 2011
Miu is sooooo cute!!! And Kouichi is such a nice guy. =p
Nov 8, 2012 12:47 PM

May 2012
Quite nice episode seems everyone is settling down again and going forward with their life "going to school etc" the ending was quite nice and the date was also quite nice :p
Mar 2, 2013 1:32 PM

Jan 2013
Very cute
Jun 22, 2013 2:46 AM

Apr 2013
Fun episode. Miu cinderella ^_^
Nimura is a good fella.
Jul 26, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2012
miu dating with nimura XD
lol XD not really bad :3
nice nimura you have made miu happy by make her shoes back like new again XD

nice nice! XD
Oct 14, 2013 9:35 PM

Dec 2007
It was a cute episode. I don't mind seeing more of the side characters. It makes them seem less one dimensional.
Dec 9, 2013 8:18 PM
Nov 2013
Terrible episode, Nimura is a ridiculous character, a pedophile who gets any of the typical bum regrettable as there are people who like ridiculous characters like pedophile Nimura.
Nimura is the worst anime character I've ever seen.
Feb 7, 2014 7:47 AM
Mar 2013
I really enjoyed this episode. My fav character Miu and a great supporting character like Nimura. I think this episode was really well done.

It's easy to forget that Nimura's a playboy, but I think has a lot of good points. For one, he helped Miu out when she was feeling down,and plus, he always helps Yuuta whenever he's in a jam. Whatever he may be, atleast he's a true friend.

I think I kind of see the formula. This episode was about Miu, the next episode will be about Sora, and then finally the last one will be Hina.

Even if it is predictable it doesn't stop it from being a really good anime. Looking forward to the next ep.
Jul 2, 2014 10:28 PM

Aug 2013
An hour and a half train ride? Holy crap how far is Yuuta's house from Miu and Sora's school?! A commute that long is something I'd expect if they took the bus but train ride? Tough >__<

Nimura's such a nice guy. Thank goodness it wasn't Sako.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» The OST in this series sounds like Fire Emblem

jendorei - Jun 27, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
Jun 27, 2023 11:44 AM

» [Major Spoilers] What ever happened to Oda Raika?

--Dawn-- - Apr 2, 2016

5 by Shreyash101 »»
Jun 24, 2023 2:56 PM

» I came here after watching the ova

Ghefira - May 24, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
May 25, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2012

221 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 13, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cratex - Mar 20, 2012

99 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 13, 2023 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.