Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 6, 2012 10:19 PM

Jul 2008
If there was a way to prove that Yumin is always right then I would say that she's just taking her deserved point. In reality though, she must have stolen a lot of card that were suposed to be Chihaya's.
I despise this kind of gameplay.
Mar 6, 2012 10:44 PM

May 2010
Reminds me of boxing in Hajime no Ippo lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 7, 2012 12:58 AM

Feb 2012
PEOPLE! This episode sucked because the writer did a masterful job of making you emotionally vested with Chihaya! That's the whole point!
Mar 7, 2012 2:34 AM

Jan 2010
I think everyone is FUCKING PISSED at Yumin right now, but I don't hate her. Her playstyle is EXTREMELY IRRITATING and MADE ME WANT TO PUNCH MY SCREEN but she fought for what she wanted and thought was right, Chihaya should of fought back! As we all know, you fight for what you want and believe is right and I don't think Yumin lied about any of those contentions, she didn't seem like the type to. She's just very stubborn! AND VERY FUCKING ANNOYING! But I liked her! I probably would of liked her more if she didn't pawn Chihaya! Im so sad for her now :'(

If they don't announce a second season soon I think I'm going to have a rage fest! Theres absolutely NO WAY they can wrap this anime up in 3 episodes now! It would be a miracle if they could! I've loved this show so much and if the ending is rushed I think I'll cry...

On another note: THIS. MANGAKA. MUST. BE. A. SADIST!

I have NEVER seen a sports anime where they've lost so much and failed! It's making this show SUPER ENDEARING but god it's like torment to watch! Everytime they lose I want to jump through the freaking screen and hug them! It's teaching them things and helping them learn and actually very realistic! I can't wait to see how they all turn out! This anime has had so much character development and growth! One of the BEST animes I've seen in ages!

Also NAWWWWWWWW Kana was so cute this ep! Just her quick 2 min snippet confirmed what I thought would be great for her! I've always thought Kana would be a good reader and now it looks like she'll pursue that! I LOVED when she read cards when they trained, her voice was not grating on the ears like alot of the readers have been xD It suits her so well to!

I can't wait til next weeks episode! As per usual >_<
Mar 7, 2012 2:44 AM

May 2010
now I wonder if that was fair....
Mar 7, 2012 3:14 AM

Jul 2011
Jay_Ox said:
The ex-Queen didn't win that match, Chihiya lost it

I totally agree. It was a bitter defeat as her spirit collapsed.
I so admire the characters here for not giving up at times like this, they are going through mental hell and still keep going.

I don't think Yumin can be called cheating, but that trait of hers is makes her unpleasant to deal with, not to mention that she can be wrong sometimes which may make her unintentional liar. They should videotape the field she's playing on *grumble grumble*
Mar 7, 2012 4:58 AM

Apr 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Fuck I hate Yumin.
I'm irked that Chihaya lost, but I just hate the way that Yumin plays and I'm not even the one playing karuta. I hope she gets beat down like a piece of shit by Shinobu again.

Agreed, I was completely overthrown when I saw her losing to that person.

Mar 7, 2012 5:18 AM

Nov 2009
Arg Chihaya should be more persistent and confident of her own playing style.
She lost her cool, just because Yumin keep arguing with her.

Chihaya should also learn to be more tactical to fight back these little dirty tricks.
Mar 7, 2012 6:47 AM
Oct 2010
I don't mind Chihaya losing, but I also hated how she lost this time.

Anyway, what the previous queen focus isn't on tactics but strategy, to intimidate the opponent, how she does it is a second thought (like challenging the cards and the opponent's mistakes.)

The problem is, I don't see how Chihaya can grow from this without someone helping her build a resistance to bullies.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 7, 2012 7:05 AM

Mar 2008
There are peoples who hate Yumin.
This world is so wrog.
Mar 7, 2012 7:49 AM

May 2008
damn Chihaya losing again and i doubt there gonna be a second season since the sales were so poor hopefully there will be one.
Mar 7, 2012 8:09 AM

Feb 2008
Okay, so this is episode 22, theres 3 episodes left, how the hell are they going to conclude this season, especially with no announcement for a 2nd season....??? They build up the "reunion" with arata, but that reunion match has yet to even happen... If there's no announcement for a second season then this anime is just another one of those shows that stop early, and make you read the manga.... -_-
Mar 7, 2012 8:49 AM
Dec 2010
maybe there's no season 2 for this anime due to poor sale or we need to wait a decade to see another season, in this episode 22 the studio cut two important scene. remember in episode 20 they cut the scene in which arata imagining chihaya in a bikini swimsuit.on this episode hisashi suo (current karuta king) should be introduce, second they cut the scene in which shinobu wakamiya visiting and praying on shrine so that she could meet arata again.
Mar 7, 2012 9:54 AM

Sep 2011
PaninaManina said:
There are peoples who hate Yumin.
This world is so wrog.

How dare you dislike what I like!
[center]
Mar 7, 2012 12:19 PM
Jan 2011
Chihaya, tch!
Mar 7, 2012 1:18 PM

Jul 2011
That was frustrating.. poor dumb Chihaya.
Hated this episode, and only 3 left oO
Mar 7, 2012 3:07 PM

Feb 2009
This is getting so frustrating. Not only the fact that Chihaya keeps losing every seemingly important match but also the fact that this show is getting REALLY slow. It started off so good and now I find myself slowly losing interest. It's a pity. :/

Also there should have been a penalty for the coach interrupting the match. That was just really unfair. I don't get why they wouldn't make a problem out of that and it's mostly because of that that Chihaya lost this one.
AhohimeMar 7, 2012 3:12 PM
Mar 7, 2012 4:55 PM

Apr 2009
this episode just made me feel frustrated to do anything else.. Chihaya's depressed state in the last scene just channeled into me.. add the fact that this doesn't even have a preview and we have only 3 episodes left.. i need to watch a show that could make me a bit happier..
Mar 7, 2012 6:07 PM

Apr 2009
Chihaya at the end. :/
Mar 7, 2012 7:34 PM

Dec 2011
yaHzee said:
Okay, so this is episode 22, theres 3 episodes left, how the hell are they going to conclude this season, especially with no announcement for a 2nd season....??? They build up the "reunion" with arata, but that reunion match has yet to even happen... If there's no announcement for a second season then this anime is just another one of those shows that stop early, and make you read the manga.... -_-

I´m afraid you are right, just hope to read the karuta game in the manga ins´t as annoying as it seems :~
Anyway, I don´t like when the MC is the very best and wins all the time, but still I didn´t like Chihaya defeat to that Yumin... now she is probabbly going to take some time to recover. With just 3 epsodes to go, this is not good.
Mar 7, 2012 8:38 PM

Feb 2010
What bothered me most of all wasn't Yumi's rules lawyering. The thing I was annoyed by was that this was considered by several people in the show as something to be applauded. I know there are people who act like this in games, and I've seen it, but I've NEVER seen anyone who looks up to those people. It's annoying behavior and should be treated like it is.
Mar 7, 2012 10:28 PM

Mar 2010
To think I actually felt bad for Yumin at some point, that match was ridiculous. >:/

Mar 7, 2012 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
I think the key is that contest Yumin challenges every close result, not just the ones she legitimately thinks that she won. That strikes me as being somewhat less than honorable.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 8, 2012 4:13 AM

Apr 2011
Mar 8, 2012 6:32 AM

Dec 2006
Hello ?

Can you hear me ?

This is called CHIHAYAfuru, then why is this show cheering for the opponent ?

Mar 8, 2012 7:41 AM

Dec 2008
Dammit, Chihaya, didn't Harada-sensei tell you to NEVER GIVE UP EVEN A SINGLE CARD?! Contest every single one!

I agree with most people here - even if Yumin isn't technically breaking any rules, her tactics seem rather underhanded and less honorable than straight-up play. I was really hoping Chihaya would bring out her stubborn, loud personality and her new, accurate karuta style to beat Yumin, but I guess not =__=;

With only 3 episodes left to go, I'm wondering what they'll do with such a short amount of time. There seems to be so many loose threads to wrap up (the plot with Arata, Kana's new goal, Taichi's realization this episode, a rematch against Shinobu, and who the hell is the Master?), that I'm really really hoping they'll make a second season.
Mar 8, 2012 11:39 AM

Feb 2009
Here is me hoping it was all just a thought sequence that Chihaya imagined would happen if she didn't get her act together. No preview so I can just delude myself. =P
Mar 8, 2012 1:04 PM

Dec 2006
-w- I hated Yuumin
this episode was frustrating but also kind of realistic because it showed us chihaya has a long way to go. I can't belive there are only 3 episodes left :(
Mar 8, 2012 2:20 PM

Aug 2010
Fuck, that end really surprised me, I thought Chihaya was going to win... I'm so pissed off by that Yumi.
Mar 8, 2012 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
I'm probably the only one who cares about the fact that Suoh wasn't introduced :(
Mar 8, 2012 7:16 PM
Nov 2011
I liked this episode, overall. I didn't like the outcome, I wish Chihaya had foughten back a it more. Yes I think the previous queen, Yamamoto Yumi was rlly annoying!
Mar 8, 2012 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah Shinobu will destroy her
Mar 9, 2012 10:02 AM

Apr 2010
Good episode, but lame way of making Chihaya lose.

3/5
Mar 9, 2012 9:58 PM

Apr 2010
MissileSoup said:
There's nothing wrong with her style of playing, but it is quite frustrating to watch. This lose and rebound trend is getting tedious.

I agree with that. I imagine that most players swing at the card without knowing the precise placement of their fingertips and where they attack. That comes from paying close attention. Even the small details can make a difference in match. It's okay to argue about something that you're sure that you saw and want to make it clear. I don't think it's cheating of lying at all.

On a side note, I really like the soundtrack that was playing during the Chihaya and Yumi's match. OST where?

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Mar 10, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
Another great episode. Love series like these where I really feel for the side characters - I swear, I really wanted Yumi to win! XD I mean, it must be hard to finally reach your goal then get it snatched away so quickly ... glad that she managed to come back though; she really got into Chihaya's head, didn't she? I was surprised at how well she did it, though ...
I wonder if Kana is going to decide to be a reader instead? I totally think that's what they're hinting at ...
I wonder what they're gonna do now. Is Chihaya eliminated? WILL SHE HAVE TO SHAVE HER HEAD? Lol :P Hopefully she bounces back next time ... plus, more Taichi please XD
Mar 10, 2012 7:36 PM

Jun 2008
0_o I think karuta matches should have a referee watching each game or something... I mean where is the proof of who touched the card first and whatnot? Something that's resolved by arguing between two players... I don't think it's fair.

P.S. I don't dislike Yumin, don't really see a reason to dislike her. It's not like she was cheating - she wouldn't need to after dedicating her entire life to karuta.
TakaiMar 10, 2012 7:40 PM
Mar 12, 2012 10:13 AM

May 2010
MissileSoup said:
There's nothing wrong with her style of playing, but it is quite frustrating to watch.

This.

Aside from that, I cracked when the white-haired old man says something meant for Yumin but instead everybody benefits. XD
Mar 12, 2012 6:22 PM

Apr 2008
Felt on edge too while watching Chihaya vs Yumin... On a lighter note, Nishida counting ants and his Sensei!!!! XD
Mar 12, 2012 8:16 PM

Dec 2008
I hope Chihaya didn't lose...

now 3 episodes to go~
I hope there's second season. I wonder how will they end the anime... hmm

p.s.I hope Arata can come back and join the team
anyways, Chihayafuru s AMAZING~ xD

ChihArata VS TaiChihaya
Mar 14, 2012 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't really like this episode. Felt boring compared to the previous ones.
Mar 17, 2012 11:21 AM

Aug 2010
The animation was great this ep, like really really really great
and I can't hate Yumi because I fucking love everyone in this show too much including her because she's realistic and that alone is worth liking
wow this show gmh like no other
makes me want to do my homework for tomorrow, even
wow
wow.
Apr 6, 2012 9:06 AM

Jun 2008
Well Chihaya learned a good lesson today. She's too nice for her own good. sometimes when people move fast like that no knows who touched what first and that includes themselves so if they argue about it the one with the weakest character will lose. Chihaya could have won the first argument easily considering she was the one that knocked the card away so she had more ground to step on but she played nice and lost her confidence with it.

Also it seems that other girl won't continue playing Karuta for long and will become one of those poem readers.
MonadApr 6, 2012 9:13 AM
Apr 7, 2012 1:39 AM

Sep 2011
A broken soul... xD

It was so intriguing seeing the previous Queen play. I thought she was pretty funny to be honest, iono where all the hate is coming from. xD Btw, does this mean Chihaya has to shave her head bald now!? (or did I miss something) :p
Apr 7, 2012 9:04 AM

May 2010
I thought Yumin was pretty funny too, once she got her spirit back anyways. Challenging all the cards worked as a good psychological tactic, though I think she was just being stubborn.
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 8, 2012 5:35 AM

Aug 2010
I understand that losing is part of growing and developing as a player, but holy shit this is getting annoying. There's only just 3 episodes left and the protagonists in this show only know how to lose. It's getting quite frustrating. I was hoping to see Chihaya as the new Queen by the end of the show. Hopefully there will be a second season in a near future because I doubt the ending we're going to get is anything but rewarding.
May 4, 2012 11:08 PM

Mar 2009
Chihaya should have argued with Yumi instead of letting her get her way that easily.
Jun 17, 2012 2:14 AM

Feb 2009
Amazing how they keep introducing different players and respective styles of play into the game, for a game like Karuta I was doubting they could pull it off, but everything is so interesting!
Aug 10, 2012 7:59 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, Chihaya should have argued more, but if she lets points go away that easily, of course she will lose.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 19, 2012 2:22 AM

Feb 2012
ok episode but why does arata have a pink cellphone?
天の神
El. Psy. Congroo.
Sep 9, 2012 4:55 PM
Jan 2012
I wish Chihaya won the match, she really deserved it. Hopefully she will get to her goal though!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.