Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 23, 2007 2:23 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Guess who's back?

Well it can't have been that much of a surprise, seeing as Satoko was the only one who's troubles haven't yet been resolved. Teppei's back, Rika's back to her regular mopey self, Shion wants to take the easy way out and Keiichi shows just how awesome he can be.

Also Keiichi's father looks a lot less.. extravagant than in the manga.
Aug 23, 2007 8:50 PM

Nov 2006
All I can say about this ep - K1 ftw! :)

Aug 24, 2007 10:41 AM

Jun 2007
just awesome
Keichii is god
man Rika went crazy mad at takano and dr. irie
man what is Keichii's specialty i want to know next episode cant come sooner
i so wanted to hug Rika when she was crying her eyes out
Aug 24, 2007 10:36 PM

Jan 2007
K1 ftw indeed.

This episode was very exciting. It was interesting to see Keiichi and Rena remember some more things from their past worlds and the approach to solving the Satoko problem. I can't wait to see this tactic of Kei's
Aug 24, 2007 11:16 PM

Mar 2007
Very good episode. How can they be so cruel to air only one episode of this a week? This series is so much better than the first one imo... I wonder what will happen in the next episode... by looking at the preview, it looks like a lot of people march... perhaps to Satako's uncle's house ...

Meh, it seems that it still annoys me when people use "K1" instead of using Keiichi... hate when people replace letters with numbers -_-
Aug 24, 2007 11:25 PM
Jul 2007
Rage of Rika scared me xD Good ep
Aug 25, 2007 12:25 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Raging Rika was great indeed, and yeah, so was Keiichi. Can't wait for the next episode, I love how they toss in little references to the first season like repeating sentences, or phrases that sort of relate to season 1, like Rena's.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 25, 2007 3:22 AM

Feb 2007
great episode, changed the whole plot of this world again.
but Rika gives up quite fast...

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Aug 25, 2007 5:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Talon said:
but Rika gives up quite fast...

I don't think that's the case, who knows how many times she already experienced it. I think it goes beyond what we've seen in season 1.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 25, 2007 8:34 AM

Feb 2007
I don´t think she gave up at all...

Sure... she said it... but I think it was more like she tried to convince herselft to this "I don´t have any hopes" stuff...
Probably because she was afraid of the outcome and that it could once again end up in killing and despair... so she tried to kill her hopes to not be disapointed...
At the end, I think it´s clear that she just couldn´t give up so she begged Keiichi to help her...
I REALY hope this Arc will have a different ending than we used to see... It allready has a somewhat different plotline ( the festival´s still to come... so in general it didn´t even start but most thinks allready have been taken care of... )
At least it should be much more revealing for the viewer ( as well as for rika )

Anyway... even if it´s late...
great episode... second session could kick the first ones ass anytime by now... ( which realy IS something... considering I gave the first one a 9 out of 10... )
Aug 25, 2007 10:43 AM
Jul 2007
Well I'll be damned!
Pissed Rika was pretty cool.
"You will burn in the mountains! You die of narcotics!" hehe
she really flipped her lid.

I wonder what Keiichi's specialty is? Perhaps beating people to a pulp with an aluminum bat?

You know, I want this to end nicely but what would they do for the rest of the eps?

Aug 25, 2007 12:08 PM

Jul 2007
Well, when the season started it was made known that there would be three arcs this time around. We're currently in the second, so make of that what you will people who're hoping for a good end.
Aug 25, 2007 6:48 PM

Apr 2007
That was harsh to see Rika having that much hope just for it to be dashed by the return of Satoko's uncle. Though Raging Rika is just so awesome...and hurray it's the return of the faces XD

But really Keiichi sure is awesome in this new arc about trying to alter fate and stuff plus trying to stop Shion from killing the Uncle by taking a hit to a head with a chair was cool

The preview for the next episode looks promising.

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Aug 25, 2007 7:18 PM

Apr 2007
As many have already state, Keiichi is owning in this world and arc. Looks like he'll take his KOOL Kei Mode to the max in the next ep. Seriously, 24 minutes is too short for a show like this. I can't wait for the next one.
Aug 25, 2007 8:18 PM

Apr 2007
I'm feeling a bit like Rika has been so far. You have all these displays of fate changing gears and things looking like they can get positive for everyone which overall is nice. However in the back of my mind is the cynical side saying someone is going to end up dying in the end regardless. Still, I'll leave at least a glimmer of hope alive that Keichi can pull off a miracle win next episode.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 25, 2007 10:45 PM

Jan 2007
I laughed at "You go burn in the mountain and you kill yourself with narcotics!" xD

It looks like Satoko will have another season one-style breakdown in the next episode, according to the end of the preview? Poor Satoko. ;-;

Aug 31, 2007 6:34 PM

Aug 2007
Rika is in a stabby mood
Jan 29, 2008 11:44 AM

Dec 2007
The best arc in either series so far. The unraveling begins!

#NBHNC
Mar 14, 2008 3:36 AM

Jan 2008
Raging Rika was awesome. lol . XD
the preview for the next episode was kinda cute. XD
Apr 19, 2008 3:23 AM

Feb 2008
Well, in the 8 arcs, this arc is the best. It's said so in the wiki. Hahaha!
Jul 19, 2008 3:37 PM

Jun 2008
*task* Stupid uncle O_e

But come on everyone!!! Fight-o~!!! xD

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 20, 2008 4:37 PM

Jun 2008
Awh, I loved this episode !
I really want a damn happy ending! But then, what will the rest of the series be? @__@?

But I mean, I'm really curious to know what Kei's big plan is, I love him to bits when he hasn't gone insane. The fact that people are remembering their experiences in the past worlds makes me happy, just,

why is this title called "massacre" ! T__T I hope it's just trying to throw us off, hopefully. Next episode, yes yes yes!
Sep 21, 2008 12:25 PM

May 2008
Shion's at it again!..almost o.O

And I love how this episode ended at the most interesting part. ;P
Oct 2, 2008 1:11 AM

Mar 2008
aww i almost teared up with Rika
Oct 7, 2008 5:40 AM

May 2008
And again Hanyuu is doing all to be cheering up Rika. I knew I wasn't imagining things.
Hanyuu knows best. So wait, if Rika has been through this for a hundred years, and Hanyuu has been around since before Rika was even born, how old does that make Hanyuu?

She definitely has that ancient spirit look.
Well, things got a little shaken, but still look positive.
Now I know something's got to go wrong since we're only on..episode 8 after all.
But it's a really hopeful arc. It's like they all of a sudden got the drill power. Who the hell do you think we are?! And I just know they're gonna keep it and only end up remember more. This is a story progression after all.

What I can't wait to know is how Rika met Hanyuu. It must have had something to do with her Miko indoctrination. I'm willing to gander.

God I love Hanyuu, I think I could make it through a hundred years of dying and having my friends die if she were there by my side.;_;

traed said:
aww i almost teared up with Rika

Same.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 9, 2008 8:00 AM

Jan 2008
Yea, This arc is awesome, i'm a bit troubled about the ending, because it's called 'massacre arc' :-/

Also, I couldn't help myself and grin at this picture :D I made it a fullscreen picture because it looks so damn cute ~_~
~de Arimasu
Oct 9, 2008 3:19 PM

Jul 2008
This whole uncle arc thing kind of annoys me because it's such a simple solution. Satoko is basically free to leave if she wanted to. She just doesn't want to. Doesn't she realize that by not doing anything is hurting her friends more than if she asked for their help.

Keiichi and the others just need to beat the crap out of the guy and tell him that each time he hurts Satoko, he'll get a beating. It's nothing that will ruin them because as long as they don't kill him, they'll have nothing to regret.
Oct 18, 2008 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
patient_senses said:
This whole uncle arc thing kind of annoys me because it's such a simple solution. Satoko is basically free to leave if she wanted to. She just doesn't want to. Doesn't she realize that by not doing anything is hurting her friends more than if she asked for their help.

Keiichi and the others just need to beat the crap out of the guy and tell him that each time he hurts Satoko, he'll get a beating. It's nothing that will ruin them because as long as they don't kill him, they'll have nothing to regret.

Thats kinda the key to this whole series as i understand it, ALL of the characters thus far seem to have beaten their fates by trusting in others and asking for help/talking to eachother.

Satoko hasn't/won't so their stuck in her arc...

Thing is, we're only half way through this series, its gonna be so cruel if this unravels, because everyones trying so hard.. I can understand why Rika gets so defeatist..
Nov 14, 2008 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
Ugh, I dislike victim!Satoko. I mean, yes, her situation is awful, but as others have said, it's partly (or even all!) her fault that things are staying that way.

On the other hand, Keiichi was pretty cool this episode, as was seeing poor Rika lose it; I really don't blame her for it.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 18, 2008 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
FateSyka said:
I laughed at "You go burn in the mountain and you kill yourself with narcotics!" xD

I was anxiously waiting for the moment in which she flips out! How could you possibly not become frustrated, to the point of depression, after being murdered multiple times, and seeing everybody else around you die multiple times? I really enjoyed that scene! I want more of Rika's anger! :3
...Too bad that there won't be a huppy ending in this arc either though :x
Faust721 said:
K1 ftw indeed.

^ Yup.
Wyvr said:
Also, I couldn't help myself and grin at this picture :D I made it a fullscreen picture because it looks so damn cute ~_~

^^ nipa~
Dec 14, 2008 10:19 PM

Dec 2008
Rika repeated the same cycle of events for hundreds of years yet she didnt manage to think of a way to change fate. All she did was to accept fate.

I was thinking ... Since Rika knew she is gonna be killed, why not go to a police station or some place where there are lots of people so the bad guys wont get to her. Logically... there are countless number of ways to escape and yet she still stayed at her home waiting for the crazy ppl to drag her out and disect her.
Jan 4, 2009 11:15 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Hydrazoid said:
Rika repeated the same cycle of events for hundreds of years yet she didnt manage to think of a way to change fate. All she did was to accept fate.

I was thinking ... Since Rika knew she is gonna be killed, why not go to a police station or some place where there are lots of people so the bad guys wont get to her. Logically... there are countless number of ways to escape and yet she still stayed at her home waiting for the crazy ppl to drag her out and disect her.

From what we have seen before, the enemy is a VERY BIG organization that can even influence the government. And Rika is the "secret experiment" they are conducting....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 10, 2009 7:21 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder if they can actually change fate.. is that possible?
Mar 8, 2009 8:15 PM

Jul 2008
rika went kinda of crazy back in the office didn't she? and that miko spirit girl is like no help at all
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 11, 2009 10:23 PM

May 2008
Keiichi was pretty awesome yet again, I'm still surprised that nobody has died yet in this arc though... being called massacre and all.
Apr 12, 2009 4:42 AM

Jul 2008
I'm waiting to see what Keiichi will do, I don't think he can bribe Satoko's Uncle with tickets to all-you-can-eat sweets.
Apr 29, 2009 12:09 AM

Aug 2008
What Keiichi is good at? I think its KILLIN TIME!

Jul 9, 2009 2:46 AM
Apr 2009
Noice, Keiichi's going to have some batting practice.

I'm enjoying this more than the first season.
Aug 29, 2009 8:30 PM

Aug 2007
Poor Rika. She wants to believe it can change, but at the same time she's lost hope. Although I'm not really feeling this season, I think things will pick up later on.
Sep 13, 2009 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
Nyanta said:
What Keiichi is good at? I think its KILLIN TIME!
Hehe my thought exactly, Hatchet Girl, MS.Tazer and baseball bat unite and bring carnage! xD

Seriously though I wonder what plan he have masterminded.
Jan 24, 2010 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
omigosh Rika looks so scary when she freaks out. >.<
Feb 18, 2010 10:52 AM

Aug 2008
Keichii looks here like someone who can change the fate, he's really important here.
Shion and murderer instinct back ?
Mar 23, 2010 9:59 PM

May 2009
I probably should have but this in an earlier episode's discussion but whatever. I have a theory about Rika and Hanyuu. The dark, emotional, and serious Rika is the real Rika. When Rika acts cute and "normal", saying nipah~ and stuff, she's actually channeling Hanyuu.
Apr 23, 2010 5:16 PM

Feb 2010
Good development in this episode. Hanyuu starts to annoy me though, she is such a downer, always wanting rika to give up hope :/
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 26, 2010 8:04 PM

Jan 2010
I keep yelling at Rika through my screen to just tell everyone EVERYTHING! I know it wouldn't solve anything, but since she has so many tries in reliving that world, telling everybody everything she knows wouldn't hurt if she did it once, right? Well, I would have a different plan in each world to see which one was effetive or not. Some people might not be getting what I mean, though >.<
May 11, 2010 3:34 PM

Sep 2009
Let's see how much of a difference they can make...
Jun 14, 2010 1:17 PM

Mar 2009
This is just triggering everything up.... i think this chapter will have a great ending, and then i mean great as in big... Though it's really nice to see that Rika isn't the only one remembering now... i'm glad they're remembering things from the passed worlds..
Jun 18, 2010 7:40 PM

Jun 2009
Here we go again...

I don't like the way Keiichi said he had an idea...

Everyone is so quick to jump the gun on killing people O_O
Jun 28, 2010 10:42 PM
May 2010
nicoliolipoli said:
I keep yelling at Rika through my screen to just tell everyone EVERYTHING! I know it wouldn't solve anything, but since she has so many tries in reliving that world, telling everybody everything she knows wouldn't hurt if she did it once, right? Well, I would have a different plan in each world to see which one was effetive or not. Some people might not be getting what I mean, though >.<

You realize she said she'd been at this for over a century right? Repeating the same two-week period? That's over 2600 iterations. No wonder she's so bored. Everything we've yelled at her to do she's tried probably dozens of times. Telling everyone everything is probably something she's tried a bunch and it totally failed every time.
Jul 3, 2010 12:15 PM

Dec 2009
FateSyka said:

That was pure win xD !
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.