Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2008 3:32 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was such an obvious rip-off of Evangelion. I really expected a lot more from Geass plot line.

And I agree with everyone who say that CC is going to be the end of LL. And, seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if she snapped and killed them all. Go CC!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2008 3:33 PM

Apr 2008
Two words ,Epic and Awesome

Knight of zero, Awesome.

Lelouche commanding God was epic.

In Oda we trust.

Aug 31, 2008 3:37 PM

Apr 2008
So much for the whole Anya is Lelouch's real sister theory.
Aug 31, 2008 3:39 PM

Oct 2007
Alexius said:
I don't see Spinzaku joining with Lelouch completely illogical. Remember the whole "can you make those lies truth" question he asked Lelouch earlier? They also had a month to work out any differences (for instance, Lelouch could have explained the circumstances behind his non-purposeful killing of Euphemia).

And... uhm... unless I have a different episode than you, it does seem Spinzaku "bats an eyelash" as you so put it. He seemed very confused, but I think after seeing the effects of Geass and the such, it may not be entirely shocking to him.

~Alexius

I think it felt illogical because it was so rushed. Just two episodes ago Suzaku did that crazy, maniacal laugh and seemed to further blame Lelouch for the Freya bombing. Now, he's his Knight? It's possible they could've worked it out in the 30 days in between, but that's super-major character development and they shouldn't be fast forwarding past it.

I guess I expected more of a reaction. All season long, Suzaku and the Knights were tasked to find capture and CC. That was the whole point of the Lulu brainwashing. Now she's hanging out with one of the other knights, who claims to be Lulu's mom and Suzaku just goes along with them, as if they were compadres. That didn't jive with me. Probably another case where it was too rushed for it's own good.
Aug 31, 2008 3:42 PM

Sep 2007
There will be no season 3..Tanaguchi said it himself in some magazine, also I heard the writers already finished the script. So yea..it's just four episodes, which is why the pacing is so awful.

Lelouch is going down Light's path? I don't think so..it seems that Lelouch and Suzaku are trying to make the world better, everyone from the Black Knights hate Lelouch because he used them. Schneizel wants to be emperor, Cornelia probably wants to get rid of him because he killed Euphy, he's a Geass user, and he killed Charles. Then you have the loyal Schneizel subordinates and of course the Britannia citizens who probably might hate him for killing the emperor. Of course this can be changed with Lelouch reforming the empire, because like Schneizel said the emperor wasn't too concerned about reality, but only his dream.

So they'll be happy and they'll only have the Black Knights and Schneizel to worry about. If you free japan and other territories then you'll probably only have Schneizel to worry about.

Also, I think the Knight of Rounds will go to Schneizel since Bismarck is all Charles loyal like and since lelouch killed him and Gino too, so they all might migrate to Schneizel. But I wonder if Lloyd and Cecile will give Suzaku his new Lancelot, and I hope Kallen joins Lelouch, I mean it seems imminent. Two Hax Knightmares and Geass seems like Lelouch can beat Schneizel unless he pulls out hax and then you have the BK, but Lelouch got them downpacked anyway..I mean he was their leader.

C.C. will have an important role to play in the final episodes..all we can do is wait.
Aug 31, 2008 3:46 PM

Jul 2007
So let's see.. for this entire Anime Lulu was raged by the death of her mother, now she's "alive" he's not even surprised or gets emotional, and he kills her? And I thought CG couldn't get any more retarded..
Aug 31, 2008 3:58 PM

May 2008
After watching this ep my head imploded
Aug 31, 2008 4:01 PM

Feb 2008
Thought this series was starting to go down the toilet from some of the previous episodes, but this episode seemed to redeem it self somewhat....
Aug 31, 2008 4:04 PM

Jun 2008
rabbitpoets said:
Alexius said:
I don't see Spinzaku joining with Lelouch completely illogical. Remember the whole "can you make those lies truth" question he asked Lelouch earlier? They also had a month to work out any differences (for instance, Lelouch could have explained the circumstances behind his non-purposeful killing of Euphemia).

And... uhm... unless I have a different episode than you, it does seem Spinzaku "bats an eyelash" as you so put it. He seemed very confused, but I think after seeing the effects of Geass and the such, it may not be entirely shocking to him.

~Alexius

I think it felt illogical because it was so rushed. Just two episodes ago Suzaku did that crazy, maniacal laugh and seemed to further blame Lelouch for the Freya bombing. Now, he's his Knight? It's possible they could've worked it out in the 30 days in between, but that's super-major character development and they shouldn't be fast forwarding past it.

I guess I expected more of a reaction. All season long, Suzaku and the Knights were tasked to find capture and CC. That was the whole point of the Lulu brainwashing. Now she's hanging out with one of the other knights, who claims to be Lulu's mom and Suzaku just goes along with them, as if they were compadres. That didn't jive with me. Probably another case where it was too rushed for it's own good.

I agree. That episode was definitely not without its numerous qualms. But it was still solid for the quality we've seen in R2 so far. We can't really expect top-notch character development from a show which concentrates far more on action and plot twists (usually for the sake of twists).

~Alexius
Aug 31, 2008 4:16 PM

Jul 2008
So let's see.. for this entire Anime Lulu was raged by the death of her mother, now she's "alive" he's not even surprised or gets emotional, and he kills her? And I thought CG couldn't get any more retarded..

He was suprised, but he alredy suspected that she might have been a bitch since the conversation with Cornelia.
Also, I doubt she is dead. She played absolutely no role in storyline and her telekinetic connection with C.C. is suspicious IMO. She probably took over C.C. And if thats right, Orange-kun will become a problem to L.L.

As for loyalty of Knights of Rounds, I have only one thing to say: Geass.
Aug 31, 2008 4:17 PM

May 2007
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

Oh and bb Charles and Marianne... XD So much for an epic family reunion...

Aug 31, 2008 4:20 PM

May 2008
Why do almost all series with MS in them try to have some kind of Evangelion thing going on?

In any case, the epic showdown that's been hyped up for two seasons was over in a confusing flash. Charles wasn't all that bad and Marianne was way too childish for a grown woman.

And the one month time jump? What the hell happened? Is C.C. now mortal? I feel like Suzaku forced Lelouch to take up the role of Emperor, not only to come through with his promise, but so that he can have the highest Rounds position, which he wanted from Schneizel. This can only mean unstable things. I wouldn't be surprised if Suzaku betrayed Lelouch (again), especially to get revenge on killing Euphie.

God, he didn't even kill Euphie. When will the TRUTH be revealed? Whole freaking series about truth and lies xD

Well, I'll see where this goes in four episodes. I don't think Schneizel has any more of a good intention than Charles did or Lelouch does.

I wonder if there'll be a third season.
Aug 31, 2008 4:20 PM

Nov 2007
Wow ... this episode ... I really don't know what to say other than, at the end, my mind was suddenly screaming, "OH CRAP BAD END BAD END." I feel like things will not turn out well after all of this, especially with the way C.C. was looking on during Lelouch's announcement. (And randomly, notice that she's back in her old outfit.)

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Aug 31, 2008 4:27 PM
May 2008
Wow, a very unexpected episode with interesting results. Now, I'm really curious to how they end the final four episodes of R2. It may be either a great or disaster result that's for sure.

Sounds like C.C. may be playing a huge role, so I'm curious what is going to happen for her.
Aug 31, 2008 4:28 PM
May 2008
nihil said:
dtshyk said:
So now the battle will be shifted to Shneizel & Black Knights versus Lulu's Britania.

That'd be awesome. I need that!

That would be interesting. :)
Aug 31, 2008 4:34 PM

Mar 2008
ALL HAIL LELOUCH !
Aug 31, 2008 4:35 PM

Jun 2008
Romeo said:
ALL HAIL LELOUCH !

Does everyone have to say that? >.<
Aug 31, 2008 4:36 PM
Apr 2008
to be honest the episode was rushed but not badly. i cant really complain about it because if i did then it wold be like trying to complin about the last few eva episodes .

i think this episode was awesome in the fact it took the story out of pradictable anime timelines . as far as the whole spinzaku issue i prefer him being lulu's knight then his usual self so well all in all i give this ep 9/10

^^
Aug 31, 2008 4:38 PM

May 2008
Hmm, Lelouch being the 99th emperor seems to suggest there will be a 100th emperor too... I just hope they will somewhat explain what happened during that month.
Aug 31, 2008 4:39 PM

May 2007
Haha, I didn't expect that.

LELOUCH AND SUZAKU TOOK OVER THE WORLD!!!!

...or at least Britannia. I wonder what had happened between that month and what exactly did Suzaku and Lelouch plan together. Didn't Suzaku hate the power of Geass? I'm surprised he would let Lelouch use it like that to control the people to accept him as the Emperor. My guess that they both wanted to create an ideal world so they probably thought that this would be the best way.

Although a problem does arise. Say Lelouch dies, he has already Geass-ed everyone to accept him at the Emperor. If/when he does die, won't they accept nobody but him?

And I found it interesting to see that Lelouch was #99 in line. That just shouts in your face "Lelouch is going to be removed at Emperor, at the very least."

Regardless, nice twist in the story. Seems like its going to be Schneizal vs. Lelouch/Suzaku.

Does this make Schneizal the good guy in all of this?
Aug 31, 2008 4:39 PM

May 2008
All Hail LeLouch or do nothing.
Aug 31, 2008 4:40 PM

Aug 2008
CC is probably still upset that Marianne is dead,they did seem very close CC also probably feels guilty that she changed her mind at the last minute about going with the Charles,Marianne,VV plan.
Aug 31, 2008 4:44 PM

Oct 2007
nihil said:
AMAZING EPISODE!

loved to see lelouch and suzaku being friends at the end :3

Yea, that was the best ending!!! :P Suzaku got Japan as well :P lol

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!! is amazing!!!
Aug 31, 2008 4:50 PM

Dec 2007
November3leven said:
CC is probably still upset that Marianne is dead,they did seem very close CC also probably feels guilty that she changed her mind at the last minute about going with the Charles,Marianne,VV plan.

Yea, poor C.C. She is in a state of depression/confusion now. Whether she did the right thing or not (I think she did the right thing). For some reason, I think that C.C. changed her mind because of Lelouch. Because she loves him? Who knows..

Anyway, awesome episode. EPIC indeed, even though I didn't understand half of what Charles and Marianne said until the end of the episode. ^_^
Aug 31, 2008 4:54 PM

Oct 2007
Wow :o now what's there to say about this episode expect that it was the most f'd up episode of the season. It wasn't really hard to understand but I ws struggling to comprehend whateverCharles and Marianne were trying to accomplish. Did they wanna end the world just like in The End of Evangelion? :D Well I just have no idea how this series will end, now that Lelouch geassed everyone into acknowledging him as the new Emperor. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2008 4:54 PM

May 2008
That was sweet!
Aug 31, 2008 4:56 PM
Jul 2007
looooool lelouch is kicking arshes and i think he is gonna continue to do the same to the next episode. i am curious about what kallen said lol lelouch x kallen ftw:PP
Aug 31, 2008 4:57 PM

Dec 2007
Srsly. I just rewatched first season, and i'm fairly sure they say Charles is the 16th emperor. Wtf! Why change it?

Anyways. Charles whole plan thingie sucked bad. I was expecting far more from the geass plot.

Well, now it's just the world plot left, and it feels like at least Lulu doesn't want to screw the world over. If anyone that would be Schneizel, no?
Aug 31, 2008 5:01 PM

Mar 2008
wow, that was amazing

ALL HAIL EMPEROR LELOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
i saw that coming, but Suzaku as his knight? simply amazing. this might be the best show ever made

my happiness was slightly dimmed by how sad C.C. looked at the end though...
Aug 31, 2008 5:06 PM
May 2008
dumbasatri said:
wow, that was amazing

i saw that coming, but Suzaku as his knight? simply amazing. this might be the best show ever made

I'm kind of worried that something bad is going to happen involving C.C. >_<
Aug 31, 2008 5:07 PM
Jul 2008
What the **** happened with Suzaku?

He's ok with him using his Geass on everyone all of a sudden?
Aug 31, 2008 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode, to think charles and marianne, were that evil or should i say good? ohh well different sides of the same card. poor nunnally being used like that by her very own parents, what a shame, marianne really wasn't an ideal parent like she stated. To think lulu was also fighting to avenge his mother while she was just using him. what a shame. when lulu was walking towards the throne i could do nothing but laugh and i was laughing hard and suzaku becoming his knight, knight of zero, that is just too hot. that was just..... EPIC. that has to be the word to describe it, epic. i wonder how the black knights feel now lol. to think that the guy who formed the black knights, made a new nation, battled with them, and was later abandoned by them just became emperor of the country they were fighting against and now has another army. wow that must be a big f*** you to them. LMAO. anyway can't wait for the next episode it looks nice and suzaku also got that new lancelot damn the next four episode better be nice.
Aug 31, 2008 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
At the beginning i was like WTF!? How will this turn out?

And then after the episode was ended i found myself laughing like a madman. So Brilliant. So Epic. This episode is my favorite episode of CG so far.

But I really do have a hard time seing a good ending in just 4 eps, but they'll pull it of somehow, cant wait. Don't think they'll chose a Death Note like ending, that would just be so fail in every way.

Kallen x Lelouch FTW
Aug 31, 2008 5:19 PM
Dec 2007
I think we could partially blame the pacing to the fact that all this developments could have easily entitled for a season 3. It could have something to do with the lackluster ratings the show has been getting. Perhaps they deemed a Season 3 non-profitable so they packed all they could into this season, resulting in horrible pacing and pretty unrealistic scenarios. I think they had enough material for two seasons but the lack of commercial success might have forced them to pack everything into one (particularly into the last half the season).

Aug 31, 2008 5:20 PM

Aug 2008
Anime-Destiny said:
dumbasatri said:
wow, that was amazing

I'm kind of worried that something bad is going to happen involving C.C. >_<

Hope not.

I wonder what's Schneizel planning.
PlunAug 31, 2008 7:31 PM

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 31, 2008 5:20 PM

Jun 2008
All hail Lelouche!!!!
This episode was great! And I love the tile "Knight of Zero" xDDD

I'm sure that Lelouche and Suzaku will fight Shneizel,
but I think that China and the Black Nights will as well xD
I can't wait to see the next episode ;)
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Aug 31, 2008 5:34 PM

Aug 2008
I don't understand why people think that Suzaku and Lelouch should be extremely surprised and have a big reaction.

They are NOT idiots that just go like "what was that????" then go emo.

They adapt and move on since they have already gotten plenty of experience at dealing with tough situations.
Aug 31, 2008 5:49 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
WTF, the scenes with Marianne and Charles was SO lame.

WTF to the characters' reactions in this episode. That was SO unrealistic, so unrealistic that it went overboard being so...

Summary: didn't like the episode. I has the same feeling as during the "million Lelouch cosplay" scene.

Seriously, rocket emperor scene was very very lame....Sunrise, are you mocking our intelligence?
wakka9caAug 31, 2008 6:02 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 31, 2008 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
I don't really know what to think anymore. Fuck. It's not a bad show in my eyes anymore but it's not a good show. It feels like the writers are just pulling plot-twists out of a hat or something but I guess I'm ok with it now. I just want this show to end.
Aug 31, 2008 6:18 PM
Apr 2008
this episode was one of the best yet

Aug 31, 2008 6:18 PM
Apr 2008
this episode was one of the best yet

Aug 31, 2008 6:19 PM

Mar 2008
The episode was truly epic but...

Charles reminded me of Dullindal of GSD and Gendo Ikari in NGE....
"One way, Jesus, You're the only one that I could live for! You are the way, the truth and the life. We live by faith and not by sight... "
Aug 31, 2008 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
Aug 31, 2008 6:21 PM

Feb 2008
Volbla said:
i'm fairly sure they say Charles is the 16th emperor.

um wut.

The people that complain about season one being over-the-top would probably drop their jaw down to the floor watching this.
Aug 31, 2008 6:23 PM

Feb 2008
i shat platinum bricks, twice.
Aug 31, 2008 6:24 PM

Apr 2008
this episode made me upgrade R2 from 9 to 10.
Unexpected twists like that are the reason i love this anime so much
Aug 31, 2008 6:38 PM

Jan 2008
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

Seriously, now this was a crazy epsiode. It was just too good, it had so many elements that were enjoyable and simply mind blowing! I would be lying if I said I actually understood everything, but it doesn't really matter, I know I'm going to watching this episode more than once X)

The ending to the episode was just so unexpected! I need more Code Geass now! Although, I'm not sure how the story will really play itself out. Also, in the preview, Lelouch is wearing an ugly emperor outfit, which is a bit disappointing, but it might look better than I think...
Aug 31, 2008 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
such an excellent episode. killing both his mother and father. ridiculous and now he has suzaku back at his side. i wonder if anyone else from before will join up with him. tho now i can see lelouch maybe dying because now he is sitting at the throne with 5 episodes left.
Aug 31, 2008 6:49 PM

Jun 2008
lol @ the V.V pic

An episode full of surprises alright.

Marianne had it coming since last episode.. what a bad mother and Charles had it coming since the show started.

CC didnt' look very happy.. what's gonna happen? I'd say it's time for the BK to pay for their Betrayal! (expect Kallen)

The last part was priceless but the ED song scared me :(
Aug 31, 2008 6:52 PM

Dec 2007
such a trainwreck thats been happening but suddenly becoming better?!
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.