Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2012 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
Scans are out on batoto.net

My thoughts: beautiful art, not much of a story, rather voyeuristic. Worth a read? Definitely.
Mar 3, 2012 5:43 PM

Jun 2007
Emanon fanservice. Can't be described any other way. The chapters were WAY too short (<100 page volume?) and the story can be summerised thusly: Emanon tells a boy she isn't a Kappa, and allows the boy to keep seeds for her. There was something about her having a twin and the Hikari chick mentioned something about having met the Emanon from the future, but I saw that as an illusion of the continuation being more than an excuse for frequent Emanon nakedness.

+4 for Emanon having a bush.
+3 for boys in Japan being forced to dry naked females.
+3 for okish full-colouring.
-3 for not having any real purpose.

The original was memorable because of its brevity; just like the encounter on the ship itself. So far, this sequel goes against what made me lust for Emanon in the original. Had the story gone in a Spice & Wolf 'travel + verbal foreplay + slow romance' direction, it probably would've been great, but it didn't.

Also: I can't wait until v2 in 2014!
Mar 10, 2012 4:53 AM

Oct 2011
pure genius!!! had read the previous emanon and loved it, but this was also breathtaking in all it's own way - some of the most gorgeous portrayal of the female form in manga or art in general i've ever seen - tsuruta-san is a true master of the craft - great story as well - it isn't a heavy drama or action piece, it just creates a contemplative and warm mood, but at the same time lonely - i really fell in love with emanon all over again and can't wait to read the next volumes as soon as possible!!!!!!!
Mar 10, 2012 4:56 AM

Oct 2011
AironicallyHuman said:
Emanon fanservice. Can't be described any other way. The chapters were WAY too short (<100 page volume?) and the story can be summerised thusly: Emanon tells a boy she isn't a Kappa, and allows the boy to keep seeds for her. There was something about her having a twin and the Hikari chick mentioned something about having met the Emanon from the future, but I saw that as an illusion of the continuation being more than an excuse for frequent Emanon nakedness.

+4 for Emanon having a bush.
+3 for boys in Japan being forced to dry naked females.
+3 for okish full-colouring.
-3 for not having any real purpose.

The original was memorable because of its brevity; just like the encounter on the ship itself. So far, this sequel goes against what made me lust for Emanon in the original. Had the story gone in a Spice & Wolf 'travel + verbal foreplay + slow romance' direction, it probably would've been great, but it didn't.

disagree with this lacking a purpose - the whole theme of the story was capturing the bittersweet foreverness of the meat wheel of life that is buddhism/reincarnation - birth to rebirth on and on forever with this story being a snapshot of one point in all those lives - i think it captures the loneliness and beauty that is existence very well...
May 10, 2012 1:07 PM

Nov 2008
AironicallyHuman said:

are you serious about that piece of information? where did you heard it from? if it's true... man, you ruined my whole weekend...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Oct 3, 2014 5:29 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty good...
Oct 18, 2015 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
That was fucking beautiful, like glorious serene level with that feeling of beauty.
Nov 11, 2016 4:29 PM

Jul 2015
Gorgeous. So relaxing, and Emanon is awesome.
Nov 16, 2016 6:23 PM

Aug 2014
Not bad I guess. Although the Emanon fanservice was highly appreciated :p
Apr 16, 2018 8:24 AM

Mar 2016
Relaxing, beautiful and primitive. Emanon is less erotic with all of the nudity, but still mysterious. The kid stumbling on her naked is reminiscent of a ton of mythology. The original was a very 'modern' tale with Emanon being a sort of personification of the times; almost goddess-like but still human. Here, she feels more supernatural, though that is just a feeling. Doesn't evoke the kind of emotions the original does, kind of pointless other than to illustrate Emanon's existence a little more.
syncrogazerApr 16, 2018 8:40 AM
Mar 29, 2019 12:58 AM

Dec 2013
I actually think this is really nice. Hikari piqued my interest as well so hoping to see more of her.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 2, 2020 12:35 PM

Sep 2017
Really nice art, I overall prefered part 1 but hey it was still good nevertheless
yikes
Mar 15, 2021 4:11 PM

Mar 2018
Since the full story has it's own entry, why not remove/merge this one?

More topics from this board

» What is this page for?

ItachiDxD - Jun 26, 2021

1 by FateXBlood »»
Feb 27, 2022 3:42 AM

Poll: » Emanon - Sasurai Emanon Episode: 1 Chapter 7 Discussion

KashKetchum - Nov 16, 2016

4 by ItachiDxD »»
Jul 2, 2020 12:33 PM

Poll: » Emanon - Sasurai Emanon Episode: 1 Chapter 6 Discussion

1 by Rei_III »»
Nov 2, 2017 10:23 AM

Poll: » Emanon - Sasurai Emanon Episode: 1 Chapter 5 Discussion

0 by KashKetchum »»
Nov 16, 2016 6:02 PM

Poll: » Emanon - Sasurai Emanon Episode: 1 Chapter 4 Discussion

0 by KashKetchum »»
Nov 16, 2016 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.