Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2012 12:22 PM
Jan 2011
Elite60 said:
Nice fanservice of the girls in the onsen, including Koneko.

Issei's power level was over 9000 when he finally let a blast go through.

Yeah, Issel actually has that power all along, he's just too stupid to use it.
Mar 2, 2012 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
Love the Issei and Rias moments. I lolled when koneko told Issei that his power was being perverted. Anyone else wonder what his ultimate death attack is because it looked different from his booster gear attack. Guess I have to wait a week to find out:(
Mar 2, 2012 1:57 PM
Feb 2012
Sliferlove said:
Love the Issei and Rias moments. I lolled when koneko told Issei that his power was being perverted. Anyone else wonder what his ultimate death attack is because it looked different from his booster gear attack. Guess I have to wait a week to find out:(

It will most likely be something like 'Ultimate Move - Giga Clothing Breaker'
Mar 2, 2012 2:14 PM

Nov 2009
Rias is a strong character, my favorite, and i can't believe i found a female who is not irritating me and is developed well, more or less.
Mar 2, 2012 2:40 PM

Dec 2011
Asia reading the bible was pure win.
Mar 2, 2012 3:57 PM

Dec 2011
Vandesdelca said:
Quite enjoyed this episode. Rias is developing a crush on Issei after his 'confession' to her. Asia as always was gorgeous. Great blast by Issei with the boosted gear's 'explosion' spell.

5/5

this ^^

gotta add, love the fanservice :)
Mar 2, 2012 4:33 PM

Feb 2012
Haha, I guess it's no surprise Issei excels with his power when he's thinking perverted thoughts. That's just like him!

In that case, the games shouldn't be much trouble for him since they're all girls and his special attack most definitely strips them of clothes.
Mar 2, 2012 4:37 PM

Feb 2012
I liked it alot!
Issei Has hidden potential
Cant wait for more ep. Its going 2 be epic :D
Mar 2, 2012 4:41 PM

Oct 2010
bakuramariks said:
Rias is a strong character, my favorite, and i can't believe i found a female who is not irritating me and is developed well, more or less.
I noticed that too. She ain't flaky like loads of other demon girls, I would say not soft like the MC girl in Omamori Himari.

Also Rias's breasts with SFX and the nipples design are hard to beat less you include hentai in all of that. TBH they make me as a male, not even wanting to know anything of demons on average, just begging to suck them, grab them and do loads of stuff with them. Suffice to say that a strong character with a strong attracting body for lust is indeed hard to come by in animes. Intensity wise. I am not even sure if I am the only ones like that.
Yumekichi11Mar 2, 2012 8:25 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 2, 2012 6:08 PM
Jun 2008
so training ep ok then give big lmao all those potato & food so cut quickly keep imagine all the doobi yea you can do imagine being a perv yea issei keep thinking doobi it works.

lmao koneko big bag, asia read the bible but big OW, etc like issei trying see walls to peek on female tub.

yet plot hmm from history of devil vs angel vs fallen angel, rating games, etc.

wonder what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 2, 2012 8:16 PM

Jan 2011
Paul said:
Issei's power in short. "The more horny your are, the stronger you'll be".

Bet his sure-kill attack is blowing away clothing off girls.

LMAO, that is win. Seriously though, it's fucking hilarious how Issei gets stronger the more horny he is. ROFL. Perverts would be insanely strong if that happened to them. xD

Anyhow I enjoyed this episode a lot. That Rias and Issei moment was so nice. They sure make a good pair. :D But the fanservice again was a bit too much for me. Ah well, what am I gonna expect from an ecchi Anime. xD

Looking forward to the next episode, rating game let's go!
3 more episodes left. Dang, needs moar 2nd Season planned :D
Mar 2, 2012 10:56 PM

May 2010
Woah Issei is doing kamehameha hahaha and the bath scene is really awesome
Mar 2, 2012 11:15 PM

Jan 2008
YEX said:
Woah Issei is doing kamehameha hahaha and the bath scene is really awesome

It would have been better if Issei somehow broke the wall.
Mar 3, 2012 12:05 AM
Aug 2010
So, this is basically the problem with ALL shounen anime.

Why do they make the bad guys so damn powerful?

If the bad guys were on the same level or at least a bit more stronger, we wouldn't be bitching when they use Shounen Hax to beat them.

Now we find out that the Phoenix group is IMMORTAL...

LOL, OK....and since the "Good guys" ALWAYS WIN, there has to be some bullshit that will propel them to victory, and I'm guessing this bullshit will most likely be done by Issei who is the weakest and most idiotic member of the Gremory group.

YEP, this is why I can't take shounen seriously.

Thank God for Rias and all the Hot bishoujo in this anime, they are literally the only reason I watch.
Mar 3, 2012 12:33 AM
Mar 2012
anyone know the violin piece played near the ending of the episode? ty :x
Mar 3, 2012 1:13 AM

Apr 2011
Issei didn't know he confessed to Rias that night and obvious of her growing feelings.

Looking forward to see Issei's secret weapon
MagitoMar 3, 2012 1:19 AM
Mar 3, 2012 1:59 AM
Sep 2010
This probably my favorite ecchi/harem anime of all time. It has at least a coherent story line, somewhat interesting characters and well attractive girls. Other previous ones like R-15 and Maken-ki are total crap compared to this one. Would be nice to have a 2nd season if this one ends well.
Mar 3, 2012 7:35 AM

Dec 2011
nice episode... Issei is so powerful... if only he wasn't so dumb
Mar 3, 2012 7:37 AM

Feb 2012
ichigo03 said:

If the bad guys were on the same level or at least a bit more stronger, we wouldn't be bitching when they use Shounen Hax to beat them.

LOL, OK....and since the "Good guys" ALWAYS WIN, there has to be some bullshit that will propel them to victory, and I'm guessing this bullshit will most likely be done by Issei who is the weakest and most idiotic member of the Gremory group.

Thank God for Rias and all the Hot bishoujo in this anime, they are literally the only reason I watch.

I guess ur wrong about almost everything u ve wrote
Mar 3, 2012 8:04 AM

Jun 2009
Cynic1 said:
ichigo03 said:

He's stereotyping every shounen he watches. Welp, can't blame a person whose username is after the epitome of Shounen Hax

You know, Issei should have think of something perverted after he boosted 12x. That might have blew the whole mountain.
Mar 3, 2012 8:14 AM

Dec 2011
rofled at Asia's headaches. Im amazed that Issei that has that much power after such little training.
Mar 3, 2012 11:50 AM

May 2011
haha very nice ep ^^
so issei is starting to look like quite a promising opponent, that blast was just great!
i can never get enough of asia, she is my definition of win!
Mar 3, 2012 12:53 PM
Aug 2010
-Quasar said:
He's stereotyping every shounen he watches. Welp, can't blame a person whose username is after the epitome of Shounen Hax

No arguments there dude....Bleach IS the epitome of Shounen Hax.

However, it was also the VERY FIRST ANIME I WATCHED....and therefore it will always hold a special place for me.

LOL, the first girl you kiss is not going to be the Best or the prettiest.....but it's still special, I treat Bleach the same way.

Thankfully, I quickly learned that this type of anime was almost at the END of the "Food chain".

Truly a HORRIBLE way to tell a story by making shit up as you go along and then allowing the main character to win by the most illogical way possible.

I'm just glad this anime has so many hot bishoujo to distract me from paying attention the the ultra weak and uninteresting MC.

Sorry if I sound so cynical, but watching anime throughout all these years has made me into a huge critic.
ichig0fanMar 3, 2012 12:56 PM
Mar 3, 2012 1:11 PM

Jan 2011
ichigo03 said:
-Quasar said:

However, it was also the VERY FIRST ANIME I WATCHED....and therefore it will always hold a special place for me.

LOL, the first girl you kiss is not going to be the Best or the prettiest.....but it's still special, I treat Bleach the same way.

Thankfully, I quickly learned that this type of anime was almost at the END of the "Food chain".

Truly a HORRIBLE way to tell a story by making shit up as you go along and then allowing the main character to win by the most illogical way possible.

I'm just glad this anime has so many hot bishoujo to distract me from paying attention the the ultra weak and uninteresting MC.

Sorry if I sound so cynical, but watching anime throughout all these years has made me into a huge critic.

I don't find bleach to be special either. Bleach is just as typical, if not more than this anime. Both ichigo and Issei "Increases their power" through hard work and perseverance. It's not all that interesting if you read or watch the same thing multiple times over. However, the "Increase in power" is what makes up a plot of a typical shounen anime; therefore makes it necessary.

For me, I like to see fans NOT focus on the "Power" but rather character and plot. An example would be Full metal Alchemist- most people don't watch it because of the main character's progress in power, but rather for the pure interest in everything that makes up a story.

I like to describe Highschool DXD was junk food anime - Very good to watch once, but you will get a stomach ache if you watch it over multiple times.
Mar 3, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2010
I love Rias so fucking much.

Anyways nice episode, lol @ Aisa trying to read the Bible XD
Mar 3, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2012
This series is pretty good. I mini-marathoned it(started today) to catch up. Its pretty good, though there is sometimes too much fanservice.

I'm getting freakin tired of watching Issei whine about how weak he is. Shut up bitch, we know that you're probaby gonna end up being one of the most powerful people on the show...

lol can't wait for the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2012 12:57 AM

Oct 2011
Good episode.

I do like Rias, and Issei is super funny.. I just don't like them together. >_<''

Eh. It's obvious that's going to happen though, so I'll just prepare for it I suppose.

I can't wait for the rating game!

Mar 4, 2012 3:39 AM

Apr 2011
Asia, is the most nicest and sweetest girl around.

Her reading the bible is so full of moe.
Mar 4, 2012 10:58 AM

Jan 2012
It's funny because in a show I usually prefer 1 girl but in this series I dont think you can miss.
Mar 4, 2012 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
Well well. Issei is finally getting more confident and is learning to use his power. He may very well be the trump card in the battle to come!

Mar 4, 2012 12:48 PM

Aug 2011
Boostx12!
Mar 4, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2008
-Quasar said:
Cynic1 said:
ichigo03 said:

You know, Issei should have think of something perverted after he boosted 12x. That might have blew the whole mountain.

Issei used boost 12 times then probably imagine the mountain as a giant boob and tried to grab a hold of it.
Mar 4, 2012 4:59 PM

Nov 2008
The fight in next episode, I hope it's a good one :P
Mar 4, 2012 6:17 PM

Dec 2007
Could not stop laughing when Issei was trying to see through the wall. Was expecting him to make it disappear. xD
Mar 6, 2012 1:55 PM

Jun 2008
TakenForce said:
ichigo03 said:
-Quasar said:

I don't find bleach to be special either. Bleach is just as typical, if not more than this anime. Both ichigo and Issei "Increases their power" through hard work and perseverance. It's not all that interesting if you read or watch the same thing multiple times over. However, the "Increase in power" is what makes up a plot of a typical shounen anime; therefore makes it necessary.

For me, I like to see fans NOT focus on the "Power" but rather character and plot. An example would be Full metal Alchemist- most people don't watch it because of the main character's progress in power, but rather for the pure interest in everything that makes up a story.

I like to describe Highschool DXD was junk food anime - Very good to watch once, but you will get a stomach ache if you watch it over multiple times.

You people need to stop over-analyzing and enjoy the boobs.
Mar 7, 2012 2:30 AM

Dec 2009
This was a good episode despite some stupid close up boobie shots.

The game should be good, can't wait :)

I lol'ed when I thought Kiba was sent flying by Issei's attack in the end xD

4/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 8, 2012 11:10 AM

Jan 2011
That was nice, Issei got way too strong after just training for 10 days though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 8, 2012 1:14 PM
Sep 2011
Great episode and Asia is still the cutest in this show! ♥
Mar 8, 2012 2:48 PM
Feb 2012
Issei's constant underestimating and debasing of his abilities and his lack of significant contribution is a little vexing.

I like the development though. Rias is actually falling for Issei. I cannot wait for episode 10.
Mar 10, 2012 9:04 AM
Oct 2010
wish rias would come on to me D:
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 13, 2012 10:40 PM

May 2011
I loved this episode. Hell yeah Rias and Issei's relationship is developing! Nice one harem king saying all the right things at just the perfect time. Ria's love for Issei is clearly growing. :d

Lol Asia is so cute, she just keeps on trying to read that bible. Koneko soo adorablee. Haha if you peek I'll hate you. Tbh that would make me keep away fo sho.

Issei is slowly but surely growing stronger, nicee. So he's at his best when he lets his imagination run wild.
Apr 6, 2012 10:53 AM

Apr 2011
Last part was awesome, kitchen part was hilarious XD
Apr 18, 2012 7:56 AM

May 2010
Issei's strength sure is weird,perverted strength~~
Jul 9, 2012 11:04 AM
Jul 2012
Wouw amazing episode,
he has a great power o:
Jul 22, 2012 6:59 AM

May 2012
Damn what power, was a great episode! Asia is as funny as ever and issei was just epic this episode :p
Jul 22, 2012 6:53 PM

Feb 2012
Well, loved that episode. Issei's got some crazy power.
May 12, 2013 12:30 PM
Mar 2013
Damn, I am so psyched for the rating game now, it should have some great action in it.
and not the sort that Issei wants to get either
Jun 12, 2013 8:46 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
I really like how sweet Rias is to Issei. The part where he was talking about Rias being known as the Princess of Ruins and that she's a genius and things, and then he talks about how compared with everyone else he's just a "good for nothing", Rias just gently caresses his head into her chest and then reassures Issei that all he needs is some self-confidence, and then he slowly starts to cry a little. I loved that part.
SHIT I didn't know how much fucking improvement Issei has made! At the ending when he used a concetrated magic attack, it took out a whole mountain. This Rating Game with Raiser is going to be fucking cool. yyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyyeyyeyyeyyeyyeyey

Jun 27, 2013 6:39 AM

Sep 2011
LOL... when Asia was trying to read the bible... so freaking cute!!
Jul 6, 2013 6:49 PM

May 2013
lindsayzzz said:
Paul said:
Issei's power in short. "The more horny your are, the stronger you'll be".

Bet his sure-kill attack is blowing away clothing off girls.

LMAO, that is win. Seriously though, it's fucking hilarious how Issei gets stronger the more horny he is. ROFL. Perverts would be insanely strong if that happened to them. xD

^This.

Was Grayfield talking to Sazex?

There are 72 Keys. Out of those, there's Gremory House, Sitri House, and Phenex House.

Lol at Asia reading the Bible.

Issei "confessed" to Rias, Rias is starting to like Issei; their relationship is developing!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

0 by JustSomeone15 »»
Apr 13, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

» The "female devil characters" aren't typically devils, they're succubuses, a type of demon (and Issei is a Incubus, also a type of demon)

5hyguy - Feb 26

20 by FirelordZuko27 »»
Mar 9, 9:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.