Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2012 4:13 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amazing episode
The ending in particular, CGI for the win.

Edit: This Rock Lee anime looks hilarious, Ree Ree!
x5exoticMar 1, 2012 4:19 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2012 4:15 AM

Sep 2008
Konan went Moses lvl. :D
entauri.deviantart.com

Mar 1, 2012 4:37 AM

Nov 2011
5 minutes of flash back is the most annoyingest thing ever had to skip it.. naruto's dripping is always the worse.
Not a great episode could of easily finished that fight without the flash back dragging on and on
3/5
Mar 1, 2012 5:22 AM

Feb 2011
Ugh, those bastards wanted to save the climax for the next episode. :P
Can't say that the flashbacks were completely useless. But most of them were ones that we've already seen before so it didn't quite give much more depths to the characters, but was obviously used to prolog the episode. And I doubt that anybody actually forgot the plot and needed such a long reminder, lol.

Still, 4/5 for the sake of the action we did get and dat CGI paper sea.
Mar 1, 2012 5:59 AM
Feb 2012
A very nice episode. The added bits were nice. The flashbacks kept this from being a full 5/5 for me, but I can at least understand the reason they were there. The ending was a bit sudden, and the CGI was surprising, but I enjoyed it overall.

It feels like the entire fight could have been compressed into an episode for better flow, but the split is still a reasonable enough choice; the manga fit a relatively large amount of flashbacks into this battle, so managing them this way is fine by me.

The simple genius of the trap amazes me. For all of the awe-inspiring and godlike powers many of the ninja possess, flight is an incredibly rare ability; Konan and the Tsuchikage are the only ones (that I can think of, at least) who actually can, with a small handful more who can achieve flight through indirect means (Gaara can form platforms out of sand, Deidara can create clay birds to ride, etc.). So really, taking the ground out from under them puts just about every ninja in the series at severe (and possibly fatal) disadvantage.

Also: I want to point something out. In the episode, it seems like Konan is using her paper to part the ocean, but that isn't the case — at least in the manga, it's made clear that the ocean itself actually IS paper; much like how she made the mountain hideout outside of Konoha, she made (or perhaps replaced?) the ocean herself.
Mar 1, 2012 6:25 AM

Oct 2010
Im officially done with the anime sticking strictly with the manga. Way 2 many flashbacks it pisses me off. I dont mind the missed scenes between the trio but the literally 5 minutes on Naruto talk with Nagoto pissed me the hell off. No point in dragging out an episode its not like its going to catch up to the manga anytime soon.
Mar 1, 2012 6:57 AM

Oct 2011
bonifide said:
Im officially done with the anime sticking strictly with the manga. Way 2 many flashbacks it pisses me off. I dont mind the missed scenes between the trio but the literally 5 minutes on Naruto talk with Nagoto pissed me the hell off. No point in dragging out an episode its not like its going to catch up to the manga anytime soon.

Lol like the manga is any better? 5-page flashback :P

The flashback pretty much sucked, but the animation made up for it, had this fight ended with the fight being finished, it would've been a 5/5 episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2012 7:22 AM
Feb 2010
The was the moment I looked forward to seeing animated. Too bad about the flashback of the pain arc, but it wasn't that long and a great scene so I 'm okay with it.
Mar 1, 2012 7:59 AM

Dec 2011
The flashbacks were ok. I was excited to see a bit of what Madara looked like. My questions are where is the rinnegan now and what does Madara plan to do with it.
Mar 1, 2012 8:12 AM

Feb 2010
ep had way to many flashbacks but konan's final jutsu was a visual masterpiece!!
Mar 1, 2012 8:52 AM
Jan 2010
The 3 minutes of actual fighting was pretty good, but I`m disappointed they decided to split it into 2 episodes.
Mar 1, 2012 10:32 AM

Apr 2010
I knew Kanon was more powerful then she looked but this was almost a surprise.
And i have to say the effects at the end where amazing.
Mar 1, 2012 10:45 AM

Apr 2011
Konan!!!!!! <3
Mar 1, 2012 11:14 AM

Feb 2012
The one thing i don't understand is that no matter how good kabuto's medical ninjitsu is or how much he learned about manipulating genes he still hasn't found a way to cure his poor eye sight...
Mar 1, 2012 11:57 AM

Apr 2011
Was hoping to have the full fight in this episode.
Mar 1, 2012 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
!question:

Wasnt Pain the one who was making the rain? and also as far as I recoll he had to stop this jutsu when Konan wanted to make her origami technique (she was looking for Jiraiya)
I thought thats because water (rain) would wet the paper butterflies?

anyway ep was ok. didnt mind flashbacks because there were good scenes.
Mar 1, 2012 12:32 PM

Oct 2011
MyNameIsCursed said:
!question:

Wasnt Pain the one who was making the rain? and also as far as I recoll he had to stop this jutsu when Konan wanted to make her origami technique (she was looking for Jiraiya)

Naruto usually has these types of plot holes often.
Mar 1, 2012 12:56 PM

Jun 2010
Im gonna be sad next ep ;_;
Mar 1, 2012 12:56 PM

Jul 2010
So amazing <3 That last move was absolutely crazy.
I can't wait for the conclusion of this battle!!! Obviously, Madara is going to win, but I still love to see Konan like this. :D

I wanted to see some Sasuke though since we saw Madara.

Next episode <3 Looks like some Yahiko x Konan :3

"Did you call me, Naruto-kun?" - Hilarious <3
And I got to hear Sasuke's voice :DDDDDD
^ Sorry for obsessing over Sasuke. I'm not a stupid fangirl of him, but I just want to see him and Naruto confront again :)

5/5
Mar 1, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2010
MyNameIsCursed said:
!question:

Lol, plot hole. It could be just that it used to rain a lot there though, and then Pain/Nagato made it permanent later on. But I doubt it was thought about that hard so I'd say just forget it and enjoy :P
Mar 1, 2012 1:01 PM

Feb 2010
10 min long flashback wasn't needed....
Mar 1, 2012 2:23 PM

Jul 2010
I swear, this show and bleach are the anime whores of flash backs.
Mar 1, 2012 2:40 PM

Jun 2011
i didnt mind it this ep, flashback didnt bother me and loved seeing konanas jutsu
Mar 1, 2012 3:17 PM

Oct 2011
I wonder from how many papers is Konan made, hah.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2012 4:40 PM
Feb 2012
fishergirl16 said:
I can't wait for the conclusion of this battle!!! Obviously, Madara is going to win, but I still love to see Konan like this. :D

^ Sorry for obsessing over Sasuke. I'm not a stupid fangirl of him, but I just want to see him and Naruto confront again :)

5/5

Hate to spoil it but it's going to be quite the wait ._.
Don't get your hopes up lol

Well on topic now xD
Well to be honest the flashbacks were tolerable, I didn't aggravate me that much surprisingly since most flashback scenes to get on my nerves.

But quite like this ep, with Konan <3
Get to see her ultimate jutsu next, will be good though despite the outcome next D:
Mar 1, 2012 5:57 PM

Oct 2008
Konan put up a lot more of a fight than I expected. Will see what happens next now that there is this huge crack in the ocean.
Mar 1, 2012 6:00 PM
Feb 2012
x5exotic said:
MyNameIsCursed said:
!question:

Naruto usually has these types of plot holes often.
Actually, this is consistent. Pain was using a specific technique (Ukojizai no Jutsu) to force it to rain, but Amegakure is known as the "Rain Village" for a reason — it rains. A lot. And it rained a lot even before Pain came to power. Pain's technique was used to monitor the village so he could detect intrusion. Konan's paper hasn't ever been bothered by water, as shown when Pain uses a water technique to wash off Jiraiya's oil.
I just went and re-watched the relevant parts of that episode (129), and they actually don't give a reason for Pain to stop the rain. He does, just before Konan heads out to search for the intruder, but there is no explanation for why. Maybe he knew he would be fighting and didn't want to sustain the technique, maybe stopping the rain is some kind of signal to the other ninja in the village, or maybe Konan's jutsu is affected for some reason — maybe the rain detection technique interferes with her own jutsu, being a technique itself. It isn't explained — but at the same time, nothing is directly contradicted, so there isn't any observable "hole".
Mar 1, 2012 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
The ending was pretty crazy! :D
Mar 1, 2012 8:57 PM

Nov 2011
Crouchez said:
Ugh, those bastards wanted to save the climax for the next episode. :P
Can't say that the flashbacks were completely useless. But most of them were ones that we've already seen before so it didn't quite give much more depths to the characters, but was obviously used to prolog the episode. And I doubt that anybody actually forgot the plot and needed such a long reminder, lol.

Still, 4/5 for the sake of the action we did get and dat CGI paper sea.

People clearly don't read the manga. Even the flashbacks follow up the manga. The battle between tobi and konan took exactly 2 chapters of manga. And guess they made excatly 2 episodes out of it. I for one enjoy the flashbacks, it definitely builds up on the climax.
However, Konan in this episode looked male. Kinda awkward. But Konan was still amazing. She's a fascinating character. Sad and fascinating
Mar 1, 2012 9:17 PM

Sep 2008
Great ep!

CGI was really great!

and I enjoyed watching the flashback again, I kind of forgot some of the stuff so a little reminder didn't hurt.

Anyways, this is the way Naruto works, when someone is about to die, he always needs a flashback, it builds to the climax anyway. (Obviously, Madara is winning.)

But oh man, Konan really put a good fight!
I almost forgot how all Akatsuki members are supposed to be badass.
Preview makes it seem like as if she drove Madara into a corner! Maybe, we'll have a Mangekyuu Sharingan appearance next ep.

Can't wait~

5/5!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Mar 1, 2012 10:18 PM
Mar 2010
MyNameIsCursed said:
!question:

No, the only thing thats be shown to stop her paper justsu was when Jiraiya hit her with oil, which made the paper stick together, water never did anything.
Mar 1, 2012 11:11 PM
Sep 2011
Good.
Mar 2, 2012 10:40 AM
Jan 2012
Konan is amazing !!!
very good ep
Mar 2, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2010
fishergirl16 said:

5/5

if sasuke was like this (how he was before) that would be awesome.
and wow at the CGI

Mar 2, 2012 2:52 PM

Oct 2009
entauri said:
Konan went Moses lvl. :D

Moyses, you mean. I've remembered him instantly as well.
あらあら。。。
Mar 2, 2012 6:28 PM

Dec 2008
Too bad it wasn't a 1hr hour special to get the fight in one session but still, epic! Flashbacks were mandatory, it may have slowed the pace a bit but that's how it went down.
Mar 3, 2012 4:55 AM

Jul 2009
The CGI at the end was just amazing
Mar 3, 2012 7:12 AM

Jun 2010
The flashback doesnt bother me much for a change. Jiraiya in the frogsuit was cute. Missed seeing him deeply as he was one of my favorites. Think it was a new scene? I think I remembered the one with Nagato talking to naruto though. Was good because since i dont read the manga I needed a refresher of what happened before all the crappy boat filler. :)

End fight scene was epic before it even started...

Mar 3, 2012 10:45 AM

Oct 2011
There are two types of flashbacks, one that reveals new information (it happens before chronologically but is still new footage) - In this episode it's the frog scene. That type of flashback isn't bad at all.

The second, is when they just re-use old footage that was already shown. Like the gay sasuke-naruto moments and recaps. Not only have we seen it before, but they keep showing the same footage over and over. In this ep. it's the Konan and Yahiko's corpes. This one is a NO-NO. Becuase it's just stalling. Naruto really has a lot of these :/
Mar 4, 2012 1:33 PM

Mar 2011
I just realised I really like Konan's voice actress!
Mar 7, 2012 6:33 AM
Feb 2012
PrometheusZero said:
I just realised I really like Konan's voice actress!
That would be Tanaka Atsuko. She does indeed have a very nice voice, good for mature, serious-sounding women.
Mar 7, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2009
Smokey the Bear is crying right now at the amount of forest devastation needed to make that much paper.

Mar 8, 2012 4:52 AM

Nov 2010
There were to many Flashbacks sadly.

Konan's attacks are impressive nonetheless.
Mar 8, 2012 9:44 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty nice episode, though by the sound of it, Konan's out as of next episode. How sad, I kinda liked her. Oh well.
Mar 12, 2012 4:01 PM

Aug 2010
Konan, such potential she has....
Mar 14, 2012 1:17 AM

Jan 2012
i was really impressed by konan, thats the most damage i have seen madara take. the lil konan flashbacks were kinda sad in a nostalgic way altho the frog outfits were hilarious . made me miss jiraiya :(
Mar 14, 2012 12:16 PM

Feb 2010
Finally got to see more Konan,I missed her.
I love Konan's voice so much.
Mar 14, 2012 8:10 PM

Jan 2012
they need to put fight scenes uninterrupted but they wont do it anyway.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 27, 2012 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
Finally some space for Konan!
I really loved the fighting, and the ending was incredible. She's a beast. I love her.

I don't mind the flashbacks. They are there to remind us of some scenes we saw a long time ago and they're meaningful. There's a lot of them, ok, but no big deal.

I stopped reading the manga to fully enjoy the anime.. seems like I made the right choice.
Mar 31, 2012 11:19 AM

May 2011
I thought the flashbacks were well incorporated, made the scene much more touching. Always love finding more about the past of these three.

A Konan episode is ftw! Damn they left it hanging at the end.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 484 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

79 by Vysarine »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Itachi is a messed up character and doesn't deserve the fan love

Decader - Dec 11, 2023

41 by IAmOdie »»
Apr 13, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shotta77 - Oct 30, 2008

102 by a_polani »»
Apr 11, 3:50 AM

» Any Recommendations?

Proman9710 - Oct 5, 2021

49 by Proman9710 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 20 Discussion

jobocan - Jul 19, 2007

41 by drzod1k_lilla »»
Apr 10, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.