Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 29, 2012 2:12 PM
Apr 2011
Hey guys,
I just finished watching this anime and I really enjoyed the second season, I've given the second season a 9 (might drop it to 8 after I get over it soon) while I only gave the first season a 7.

for starters the first 15 episodes of season 1 just felt like filler. I remember an episode where the first 15 episodes where rapped up in two minutes at the UN meeting, that was pretty lulzy. haha.

While in season 2, the plot was there from beginning to end and there was a lot more character development.
In season 1 we just sort of had to accept that the sumeragi is sumeragi and that colonel sergei is colonel surgei, but the development in season 2 really does provide a much deeper appreciation for these characters.

Did anybody else enjoy season 2 more than 1?
The difference in the average ratings is negligable although I suppose it might have something to do with some viewers dropping the show after season 1 thereby providing season 2 with a more densely loyal fan base who will rate the anime as a 9 or a 10.

Mar 30, 2012 11:04 PM

Dec 2007
I liked the political ideology stuff and the more (relatively) grounded technology of Season 1. S2 is all innovators and 00 Gundam hax powers. It has some great moments and it makes up for how terrible Code Geass' Season 2 was, but still.

Either way, they're both seasons of decent quality.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 30, 2012 11:35 PM

Mar 2012
Code geass r2> Code geass r1
and
Black lagoon 2nd barrage> Black lagoon 1st season...
Mar 31, 2012 3:08 PM

Dec 2007
UMB said:

I weep for the anime world. R2 when it was GOOD was just kinda above-average. R2 when it was bad? Not even worth the time it takes to download it.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Oct 9, 2012 7:27 PM

May 2009
Dear God, never.
Oct 23, 2012 1:13 AM

Sep 2010
Yes cause of the innovators plus the battles were more fast paced and fun to watch. I personally loved it better than the first season. I also found it more emotional than the first imo.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 23, 2012 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
Yes, the characters were older and more mature.

Unfortunately, Awakening of the Trailblazer took all that and flushed it down the toilet. :(
May 28, 2016 7:08 PM

Apr 2016
Honestly, at least to me, overall OST and fights aside, both of which were about on par with S1, NOTHING about this show was as good as the first season. The "Character Development" was badly executed with a BUNCH of unlikable characters, and is my biggest problem with the show. Saji was a whiny BITCH for most of the show, Louise was a person with poorly set up insanity, and was also a messed up hypocrite trying to take revenge on Nena who was ALSO a messed up hypocrite with poorly handled development. Andrei PISSED ME OFF with how much of a bastard he was to his father, even WITH the backstory. Setsuna and Tieria didn't even develop at all. Allelujah had a weak subplot with Soma aka Marie, just so they could have at least 1 veteran main development, AND to make another romance that also won't work for one reason or another given how much this show demolishes all ships via any means necessary, albeit this one just ended with them just not hooking up at the moment. Lyle has a rather forced tragic love story with Anew, even though the actual finale to that plot point was actually rather emotional. Ms. Sumeragi really moped around a lot at the beginning, which annoyed me, and aside from one conversation with Billy, who by the way COMPLETELY OVERREACTED, and promptly forgot about what caused the overreaction in the first place by the end, didn't really develop. Regene going for a Coup d'etat was the only development he had. Wang only got one off hand reference to a backstory, and didn't develop. Feldt started having feelings for Setsuna and aside from that didn't develop. Marina helped children... That's something I guess... I think that covers all of the character development this show had/botched up. It's sad to since it tried its DAMNDEST to make this a good character-driven series, but failed on that front every chance it got. By the end, there were very few good/likable characters left. There are also many stupid mistakes and dumb character decisions prevalent. For example: How does Hallelujah keep appearing without acknowledgement. He's clearly there! How else can Allelujah flip to psychotic at the drop of a hat?
CodeBlazeFateJun 26, 2016 7:29 AM
May 28, 2016 7:11 PM

Apr 2016
SageShinigami said:
UMB said:

I weep for the anime world. R2 when it was GOOD was just kinda above-average. R2 when it was bad? Not even worth the time it takes to download it.

Kinda like Gundam 00 2nd season! ZING!!!
CodeBlazeFateJun 20, 2016 11:59 AM
Nov 19, 2018 5:21 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I can’t be the only who liked both seasons of 00 and CG equally, right?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.