Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Feb 26, 2012 5:13 AM

Denmark-Chan said:
This is a bit unexpected...seriously a direct sequel....and the Black and White Kyurem look like crap....I guess we can only hope for the best right? (after the evil demonic snow cone, I've stopped expecting mch from pokemon now a days)

To be honest, all of the mascot legendaries since G/S (Groudon/Kyogre, Dialga/Palkia, Reshiram/Zekrom) have looked terrible.

Feb 26, 2012 5:36 AM

Denmark-Chan said:
This is a bit unexpected...seriously a direct sequel....and the Black and White Kyurem look like crap....I guess we can only hope for the best right? (after the evil demonic snow cone, I've stopped expecting mch from pokemon now a days)

I love Vanillite. :D

Feb 26, 2012 5:54 AM

I really love Gen 5, don't get the hate.

Feb 26, 2012 6:20 AM

^You and me both. It may have ugly Pokemon here and there, but that's EVERY generation...I loved a lot of Pokemon in gen 5, and the ones I didn't instantly love I got used to. As usual.

I really hope this game's great, as B/W is my favorite Pokemon game.

Feb 26, 2012 9:11 AM

windy said:
They look like shit.
Seriously.

Well guess I too should go finish White already. I haven't played in months .-.

Feb 26, 2012 11:08 AM

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Grey wouldn't be the next game. Really hoping these will be direct sequels taking place in a new region, or a new part of Unova. It'd be amazing if we're able to carry over our saves from B&W, though I see some difficulty in getting that to work. The fact that Zekrom is on Black and Reshiram is on White could imply we'll be able to capture the opposite legendaries if we are able to carry over our saves.

Either way, I'm excited for these games. The nostalgia factor may have been lacking in B&W, but I still enjoyed them for the compelling story.

Feb 26, 2012 7:17 PM

happymaskman00 said:
It'd be amazing if we're able to carry over our saves from B&W, though I see some difficulty in getting that to work.

Not really, they did it already in B/W with the whole transferring guys from your D/P/P/HG/SS thing. Make a file with your team in it, and load it with the newer game.

Feb 26, 2012 7:40 PM

I don't care how many times they rehash and remake Pokemon, I will always buy every new iteration of the series. So is this for the 3DS? Because then I must acquire a 3DS shortly.

Feb 26, 2012 9:56 PM

Jrittmayer said:
I don't care how many times they rehash and remake Pokemon, I will always buy every new iteration of the series. So is this for the 3DS? Because then I must acquire a 3DS shortly.

For the DS, not the 3DS. If that seems like a goof-up on Nintendo's part, that's because it is, assuming they lost you as a 3DS customer because of it.

Feb 27, 2012 2:56 AM

I wonder how much more transparent Pokemon's scam can get before it's fans actually figure it out.

They should just call this one "Pokemon: just give me your money" and it could have 1 new pokemon that basically just a recolored pikachu and people would still buy it.
Modified by Jigero, Feb 27, 2012 3:00 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

Feb 27, 2012 7:48 AM

What? Not for the 3DS? :O
Since I didn't even buy B/W I'll not even consider buying this....
I guess I'll just wait for the next generation...
I see dead people.

Feb 27, 2012 9:12 AM
Jigero said:
They should just call this one "Pokemon: just give me your money" and it could have 1 new pokemon that basically just a recolored pikachu and people would still buy it.
Will it have a recolored pikachu? I'm sold!

Feb 27, 2012 9:36 AM

Here's your recolored Pikachu:

Guaranteed 0.0122% of the time! (On a side note, that's probably the lamest shiny in the game...)

Feb 27, 2012 12:46 PM

Looks like Grey is now fake and kicked to the curve due to this now.

Feb 27, 2012 3:33 PM

leingodf8 said:
Not really, they did it already in B/W with the whole transferring guys from your D/P/P/HG/SS thing. Make a file with your team in it, and load it with the newer game.
What are you talking about?

Feb 27, 2012 3:39 PM

Hakuromatsu said:
Jrittmayer said:

For the DS, not the 3DS. If that seems like a goof-up on Nintendo's part, that's because it is, assuming they lost you as a 3DS customer because of it.

I guess so, although I'm sure they have another Pokemon in the works for the 3DS. Maybe next year?

Feb 27, 2012 4:10 PM

Milk milk milk the franchise until it can't take no more.

Feb 27, 2012 4:48 PM

The Ruby/Sapphire remake will most likely take place on the 3DS. I pretty much expected this to be on the DS. If GF did it for 3DS, they would have to pretty much start from scratch....and they have an engine ready to go already for the DS. So...yeah makes sense. Not good for Nintendo on the 3DS, but I'm sure it'll still move 3DS units anyway by marketing for B/W2 alone.

Feb 27, 2012 6:26 PM

Oh wow. So, what more? I do obviously expect a new areas and such. Since it is a sequel though rather than yet another colour, it would definitely be cool if you could continue with the same save, and then have a new story, some new areas and change some of the old places a bit.
Oh and make that damn airstrip useful, come on, it wouldn't be that hard to let you take a flight to another region would it? I definitely don't want the inevitable 3DS games to be remakes of RSE, so I'd rather they stick that on as a bonus here, that would be brilliant. And Also probably lessen the frustration from those dreary water routes with their innumerable tentacools.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Feb 27, 2012 10:15 PM

But Tents are Cool. Bwahahaha!! *ahem*

I think pelipers were more annoying, just look at it.

Feb 28, 2012 1:46 PM

Shoryuuken said:
THE WORST THE WORST

Feb 28, 2012 6:50 PM

Shoryuuken said:

Oh common, how can you not love pelipper. Its a big goofy looking bird that has an eternal grin on its beak. It just wants to be your friend. Ok well... its a bit silly looking but there are a heck of a lot lamer looking pokemon out there. And at least pelipper and wingull added a little bit of variety to the mundanity that was the tentacool march from olivine to cinawood.

Feb 28, 2012 7:17 PM

I thought most of the pokemon in Black and White looked like utter shit...so hopefully there are some new ones that look a little better, but judging from the pictures that is a negative...

Feb 28, 2012 8:57 PM

Abbyrose said:
I thought most of the pokemon in Black and White looked like utter shit...so hopefully there are some new ones that look a little better, but judging from the pictures that is a negative...

It's because Ken Sugimori is washed-up and just plain out of ideas. There's a lot of artistic talent out there that's not being utilized.

Feb 29, 2012 1:09 AM

windy said:
Shoryuuken said:
THE WORST THE WORST

Kill it with thunder!!
Sorry man, their stockpiling annoys the crap ot of me.

Feb 29, 2012 6:03 AM

I can say this:I don't like too much the two new versions of Kyurem. Is like they combine reshiram and zekrom with Kyurem.

Feb 29, 2012 6:43 AM

^ Well that is it supossed to be, the 3 dragons fused together.

Feb 29, 2012 8:09 AM

It was surprising that they made two of them though, I'd expect one ultimate collection with all three. I mean, they represented ideal and truth, right, so a fusion of all three would be some well balanced middle road, but I don't really get the idea behind how it is now.
Abbyrose said:
GARBAGE BAG POKEMON. YEA.
I do fancy a Narwhal though.
But still, who's to say there will be that many new ones. After all, this is B&W 2 rather than an entirely new game. BUt yea, I do hope there's some more than just alternate forms. Would be cool if they added some crossbreeds or whatever in line with the cover dragons.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Feb 29, 2012 3:21 PM

Shoryuuken said:
windy said:
Shoryuuken said:
THE WORST THE WORST

Kill it with thunder!!
OH GOD I CAN HEAR ITS CRY

And if any of you people are including Archen and Archeops in the "shitty looking new Pokemon" category, you suck and I hate you.

Hakuromatsu said:
It's because Ken Sugimori is washed-up and just plain out of ideas. There's a lot of artistic talent out there that's not being utilized.
He didn't design all of them. The Vanillite line (one of the most hated lines in Gen 5, ftr), among others, were created by a white guy.
Modified by windy, Feb 29, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 29, 2012 6:59 PM

^ yes but Ken designed what... like 90% of them. I mean that white guy only designed 3 evolutionary lines (mandibuzz, ice cream scoops and golurk).

Feb 29, 2012 10:45 PM

Vanillite had an pretty good sp attack with an stab and was an ice type so so it can learn the almighty Ice beam.

I like vanilla ice cream soooo, uuumh I like it. *hides*

Mar 1, 2012 3:39 AM

Hmm, didn't know there was anyone else involved at all. At least Mandibuzz and Golurk looks decent enough.

Mar 1, 2012 5:02 PM

Shoryuuken said:
Vanillite had an pretty good sp attack with an stab and was an ice type so so it can learn the almighty Ice beam.

I like vanilla ice cream soooo, uuumh I like it. *hides*

Yeah! Vanillite's one of my favorites. That ice beam is deadly!

Mar 3, 2012 2:02 AM

Yea!! *highfive*

Maybe they make an Chocolate icecream poke next gen!

Mar 3, 2012 4:03 AM

Shoryuuken said:
windy said:
Shoryuuken said:
THE WORST THE WORST

Kill it with thunder!!

Pelipper is a great HM slave, and he gives a nice amount of experience.

I'm still waiting for the RSE remakes, since Emerald was my first pokemon game, and also the one that I enjoyed the most.

Mar 3, 2012 4:21 AM

They should take hm's out, everything fits in your backpack. So why not put an airplane and speedboat in it??

Mar 3, 2012 4:50 AM

Haven't played a Pokémon game since Pokémon Gold, which I really really loved.
The best thing about the Pokémon games (Red/Blue and Gold/Silver) I remember were the secrets and mysteries in the game.
Not just the proper real secrets, but also the false rumors floating around. I remember how me and my friends use to chat about that all the time, it gave the games plenty atmosphere.

Is there a lot of that still in the new Pokémon games?
Though, when you're older now I guess you're not going to believe most of the bullshit rumors and stuff.

It's sad, because it was more fun when you were younger and naive. :P

Mar 3, 2012 4:58 AM
IRC Moderator
Assassin9399 said:
Shoryuuken said:
windy said:
Shoryuuken said:
THE WORST THE WORST

Kill it with thunder!!

Pelipper is a great HM slave, and he gives a nice amount of experience.

I'm still waiting for the RSE remakes, since Emerald was my first pokemon game, and also the one that I enjoyed the most.
Speaking of pelippers, I had a shiny one back in the day. That was hilarious, using it as a HM slave. I think that was the first shiny pokemon I ever caught.

Mar 3, 2012 5:29 AM

Tachii said:
Speaking of pelippers, I had a shiny one back in the day. That was hilarious, using it as a HM slave. I think that was the first shiny pokemon I ever caught.

I only once met a wild shiny (not counting the Red Gyarados)... it was a meditite, it's HP was red, I was about to catch it... and then I pressed "run" instead of "bag"...

You know what a unloved pokemon is? Magikarp. I mean, it deserves more recognition. Funny fact: in every pokemon game there is a trainer with 6 magikarp. Even in Black and white... where Magikarp isn't even native.

Mar 3, 2012 6:10 AM

First shiny I got was a zubat on Crystal, followed by a I Unown. Then Lotad in RSE (and later another one, dammit), and Machop in DPP. Then I started hacking left and right.

Mar 3, 2012 6:26 AM

Keep the milking going... I'm disappointed with the new design for the new pokes.. It's just like they mash 2 pokes into one.

^My first shiny is ironically a shiny Magikarp in Emerald (yea it's in yellow, practically like a goldfish XD) and a purpish Wailmer in the same save file.

Mar 3, 2012 8:02 AM

Rhubarb said:
Haven't played a Pokémon game since Pokémon Gold, which I really really loved.
The best thing about the Pokémon games (Red/Blue and Gold/Silver) I remember were the secrets and mysteries in the game.
Not just the proper real secrets, but also the false rumors floating around. I remember how me and my friends use to chat about that all the time, it gave the games plenty atmosphere.

Is there a lot of that still in the new Pokémon games?
Though, when you're older now I guess you're not going to believe most of the bullshit rumors and stuff.

It's sad, because it was more fun when you were younger and naive. :P

There's certainly some secrets going on in B/W....however, they may be solved in B/W2. We don't know yet....

Mar 3, 2012 8:38 AM

You know, I have played every Pokemon game since Ruby and still have yet to find a shiny ;__; Even my brothers found at least one ;__;

Mar 3, 2012 8:53 AM

Mar 3, 2012 10:12 AM

My first shiny was Kyogre :^D Timid too~

Mar 3, 2012 10:28 AM

My first shiny was actually hatched. A shiny Chimchar in my Diamond version. Since then I've caught two in SS and one in White.

Mar 3, 2012 10:47 AM

Beedlebud said:
^Me too Monochrome. ;____;
The lonely non-shinies ;__;

Kyogre looks so much more badass with the red/purple combo. It should be proud!

Mar 3, 2012 11:00 AM

When I encountered it, I had no idea what shinies were so I caught it with my Master Ball simply because the colors matched....... I think I thought it was ~*a glitch*~. This was back when Sapphire and Ruby were still relatively new so... yeah.

I love purple shinies and don't understand how my luck has been so good with them because I've hatched a shiny Dratini as well.

Mar 3, 2012 11:01 AM

Monochrome said:
Beedlebud said:
^Me too Monochrome. ;____;
The lonely non-shinies ;__;

Seriously I also never found a shiny.

Copied from Serebii.

It depends on very, very good luck to get a shiny Pokémon. You can find shiny Pokémon in the wild, in eggs, and in the battle tower, which is basically everyplace you can catch a Pokémon save for the Battle Tower in which you won't be able to catch the shinys there. Needless to say, you wont be very lucky if a shiny ends up there. People have said that you can also meet a shiny when in your first battle against the wild Poochyena and Wally's Ralts as well. Basically, like I said, it revolves around how lucky you are. Now the bad thing is that the odds of finding a shiny Pokémon in the wild are 1 in 8,192 battles...all the time, meaning after 8,191 battles it'll still be 1 in 8,192 and not a dead cert that you will get one i.e. not 1 in 1 battles. If you already have a shiny Pokémon and think you'll have a higher chance of getting another shiny if you breed with it, think again. It's still going to have the same odds.

1 out of 8,192. Wth?

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »