Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Nov 20, 2016 12:13 AM

Oct 2016
"In any world line, any time, any place, I love you." Perfect ending to a great series. 9/10
Dec 3, 2016 5:17 AM

Jan 2016
That engrish was fuckin GOLD lmao
Dec 12, 2016 9:53 PM
Oct 2016
At least we saw some Moeka, even if it was "Macadamia Nuts x6". What an odd thing to ask for.
Dec 28, 2016 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
Awww that was such a cute Special.
Loved it *.*
Jan 27, 2017 5:04 AM
Dec 2014
I really enjoyed wacthed this Ova, Okame and Kurisu are top.

The only thing that was wrong it's that mayuri never says Tutturu.
Mar 5, 2017 12:06 PM

Sep 2016
well this was probably better than any single ep from the original show haha. loved the cinematography not tainted by the VN origins.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 15, 2017 6:52 PM
Jun 2013
not a bad way to close out the show. We even got to see itarus wife whos looks 100% like her daughter.We get some funny moments and some more on okeba and kurisus relationship.I would like to see more on how itaru and his wife meets up and maybe a time skip to see the next member of the team to be born.Besides that though To be honest the movie now feels like a bit over kill at this point. I hope it doesint screw anything up.
Mar 16, 2017 2:33 PM

Mar 2016
souledge94 said:
not a bad way to close out the show. We even got to see itarus wife whos looks 100% like her daughter.We get some funny moments and some more on okeba and kurisus relationship.I would like to see more on how itaru and his wife meets up and maybe a time skip to see the next member of the team to be born.Besides that though To be honest the movie now feels like a bit over kill at this point. I hope it doesint screw anything up.

Movie is nice but is is not canon and screw up a time travel logic of this show.

Also don't forget about Episode 23B https://myanimelist.net/anime/32188/Steins_Gate__Kyoukaimenjou_no_Missing_Link_-_Divide_By_Zero

It is prologue to Steins;Gate Zero, which hopefully will be aired till the end of the year and is canon.
Mar 26, 2017 1:07 PM
Jun 2013
HoTTab1CH said:
souledge94 said:

Movie is nice but is is not canon and screw up a time travel logic of this show.

Also don't forget about Episode 23B https://myanimelist.net/anime/32188/Steins_Gate__Kyoukaimenjou_no_Missing_Link_-_Divide_By_Zero

It is prologue to Steins;Gate Zero, which hopefully will be aired till the end of the year and is canon.

yea but zero is an alternate thing. Kinda like a what if of a bad end. So im not to interested in seeing it. Even if the movie is non cannon doesint bug me to much since as I said I think the OVA did a nice enough job and added a little bow to what is a great series.
souledge94Mar 26, 2017 1:10 PM
Mar 26, 2017 1:10 PM

Feb 2016
souledge94 said:
HoTTab1CH said:

yea but zero is an alternate thing. Kinda like a what if. So im not to interested in seeing it.

It's not an alternate thing. It's a midquel telling the story of how the original Okabe came up with the plan to save Kurisu and reach Steins;Gate, sending the video message to the past we see at the end.
Mar 26, 2017 1:25 PM
Jun 2013
Aquamirror said:
souledge94 said:

yea but zero is an alternate thing. Kinda like a what if. So im not to interested in seeing it.

It's not an alternate thing. It's a midquel telling the story of how the original Okabe came up with the plan to save Kurisu and reach Steins;Gate, sending the video message to the past we see at the end.

ah ok. Though to be honest im not to interested in seeing it if its the same length as the original anime.
Mar 26, 2017 1:37 PM

Feb 2016
souledge94 said:
Aquamirror said:

ah ok. Though to be honest im not to interested in seeing it if its the same length as the original anime.

Well, sure, the story is finished, but if you really want to explore what Okabe went trough and needed to sacrifice in order to make everything possible with that happy end, it's worth the watch.
Mar 27, 2017 6:56 AM

Mar 2016
souledge94 said:
Aquamirror said:

Just to make it clear, chronological order will be: S;G ep1-22 -> episode 23 Beta -> Whole S;G0 -> S;G ep23-24, OVA.
What we saw in original 23 ep was not what originally happened, happy ending in 23-24 episodes are only possible because of S;G0. Event's of S;G0 were "erased" that's why from perspective of original show we went strait to happy end.
May 14, 2017 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
that "Close your eyes!" give me goosebumb .

9/10
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
May 19, 2017 5:49 PM

Nov 2015
[Rewatch - BD version]

This was such a gift to have after the True Ending. A total relief to our hearts after the epicness of Steins;Gate, and a bit of show about what happened with Okabe and Kurisu after episode 24.

Those two are so perfect for each other... ugh! It makes my heart explode!
I mean, "close your eyes". Heh, We all know what is happening! :3

And that "No matter the worldline, time or place, I always loved you" oh come on Okabe, you are melting her already.

Next stop: The movie
Jul 2, 2017 4:47 AM

Jun 2017
This ova felt like it couldnt do the series justice ,kurisu looked more confused rather than show similiar emotions as in ep-22,,kinda forced and only meant for fangasm
Aug 1, 2017 2:43 PM

Oct 2014
Okabe getting arrested twice was pretty funny. Nice epilogue type episode, happy to see the gang all together again and messing around without real consequence like during the series. Seeing Suzuha's mom was nice. And of course, the Okabe confession again was great; "no matter the worldline, you were consistent". Especially with Kurisu's last line being "Close your eyes" :D
jdimaria3Aug 1, 2017 2:46 PM
Aug 25, 2017 5:14 AM

Jul 2017
this was AMAZINGGGGGG
time for the movieee
Apr 11, 2018 2:29 AM

Mar 2012
That was a pretty sweet ending :) At least Kurisu was able to retain some of her memories from the different world lines in the form of dreams.
Apr 19, 2018 7:57 AM

Dec 2015
That wasn't a bad episode. I'm not a fanboy of the main series. And I think this episode was refreshing since it had a different setting. Some funny scenes with the police. And stuff about the timelines (Kurisu remembering with the dreams) a bit explained.

Also the girl I guess will be Daru's future wife and the mother of the other girl 7 years later.

Scoring this 7/10 - same score I gave to the main series. (Which is good. Usually I go with 1 score point lower for additional OVA stuff.)
Aug 16, 2018 6:59 PM

Aug 2017
I'm happy that this isn't a generic beach episode.

Damn, stop arresting Okabe lol. Your English is good.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 25, 2018 9:20 AM

Mar 2016
Alright, so this OVA happens a few months after the main series...

That's hilarious! The first thing that happens when Okabe stepped on the USA is being arrested as a mad scientist with ill intent!

Okabe may have to sleep somewhere else and not with Daru, but at least there won't be any yaoi development between Daru and Okabe. Lol

HOLY SHIT KURISU IS FINALLY COSPLAYING AS A MAID!!! She's so cute in that, but her beauty reaches its peak whenever she's side to side with Okabe wearing their lab coats
while laughing maniacally in sync as a mad scientist couple!

Is that Suzuha's look alike the future wife of Daru?! OMG! Even Daru sneezed when she mentions about bearing a child 7 years from then. She must be Daru's future wife! No doubt about it!

Even with clouded memories from other worldlines, I am glad that Kurisu at least remembers some of the memorable events that her other worldlines selves has with Okabe, especially those part when they kiss each other! And FUCK YES!!! Okabe re-confesses his love to Kurisu, and better yet, despite never spending much of her time personally and alone with Okabe in this worldline, she does love Okabe! Kurisu saying "Close your eyes." is all that I wanted to hear! I do want to see them kiss and embrace each other again, but the words Kurisu said is enough to make me think that they did have I hoped they would do to each other. Okabe and Kurisu loving each other in this worldline are enough to make this whole worldline a perfect worldline. They're truly a match made in heaven...

Well, time to move on to the other OVAs, movie and then finally to Steins; Gate 0! See you later sonovabitch! El Psy Congroo...

Jan 10, 2019 12:03 PM

Sep 2018
That seen with Suzuhas Mum killed me,its just so enjoying to see okabe happy and joiking around with the people who he knows more of then they do...
Mar 16, 2019 9:34 AM

Feb 2019
That was an awesome ending! I'm glad they included this because this was a much better way to tie up the series than epsiode 24 was - here we know that everyone is regaining their memories from other world lines :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jun 30, 2019 10:08 AM

Dec 2018
Oh, Okabe is exhausted and Kurisu know what he need, lol.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 8, 2019 9:15 AM

Jul 2015
Too bad Daru couldn't meet his future wife, this meeting must have been prevented by the Organisation, damn them..

Sep 12, 2019 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
Ahh that was so refreshing. So lovely and entertaining to watch. These were the comedy bits that I needed from this show. As if the first season didn't confirm it for me already: I love Mayuri so so much. She's so precious ): did not have much screen time but the scene where she sleep-talks was adorable.
It felt super light and it went by super fast for me. Enjoyable from first to last. Might or might not be necessary for most people but for me it was. Loved to see more of Okabe and Kurisu, also Daru's future wife.
Apr 1, 2020 2:18 AM

Aug 2018
Great and entertaining OVA with a satisfying ending, nothing to really complain about because it fits very good with other things in original steins;gate
Apr 11, 2020 8:47 PM

Aug 2017
Quite a good special ep. Everyone gets screen time including Moeka. Funny Jamaican taxi driver. Love the Engrish and Okabe getting arrested multiple times for his chuunibyou BS. Despite his chuunibyou crap, he mans up and confesses which is respectable.

Christina is ok but I still favor Faris.
Apr 13, 2020 1:38 AM

Dec 2019
Quite good and funny special, hearing Miyano speaking engrishu was fun xD

And i think we all know what comes after Okabe closes his eyes!
                                                         🖤   

May 4, 2020 6:20 AM

Mar 2020
but... but he's a guy
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 26, 2020 3:55 AM

Jun 2017
It was so-so but I'm still happy to watch it! I love the part where Okabe was saying he's the Mad Scientist at the airport!🤣

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 29, 2020 4:23 PM
Apr 2019
Well, it answered a few questions; plus that LA was dope
Aug 9, 2020 1:48 PM

Apr 2020
Great epilogue for the anime overall. Was that girl supposed to be Daru's wife?
Sep 21, 2020 7:41 PM

Oct 2013
The beginning was so full of cringe that I really considered pausing this episode and cool down, lol. Bad comedy moments (that were not even funny) enriched by Okabe's "engrish" were something that I disliked the most about Steins;Gate. Giving all the characters at least one scene showing their dominant trait was not good either, especially after significant character development that Steins;Gate's characters actually received.

But, even with its flaws, this special was alright. I liked that it served the purpose of an episode showing what happened after the main series' finale. What's more, I'm glad it was not another regular beach episode, haha. Not all of the comedy moments presented in it were bad. The plot was decent for a special and we were able to meet Suzuha's future mother. ;-) I liked how the love story between Kurisu and Okabe was concluded in this special.

In other words, it could've been way better, but it could've been way worse, that's why I'm happy this special looks like it looks. It pretty much grasps this anime's atmosphere in a nutshell, with all its pros and cons.
Nov 9, 2020 8:19 PM
May 2020
I wonder how Itaru gets such a cute girl that even owns a car being what he is lol

I really like how Okabe just told her "I love you" directly for the second time, it's like a completely different man.
Dec 6, 2020 12:46 AM

Dec 2009
All these years later since 2012 after playing the remastered visual novel, my darling's embrace, a bit of linear bounded phenogram, all the anime content and most of the drama cd's

to this day... I still crave to see a better epilogue to Okabe x Kurisu after everything they've been through even though Okabe from Steins;Gate 0 in the Beta world line went through the post trauma of the original events.
Dec 24, 2020 3:10 PM
Apr 2016
Peak. fucking. cutesy! I could watch Okabe x Kurisu being lovey-dovey for 100 episodes straight, so give me more!
Feb 26, 2021 1:12 AM

Mar 2018
Ahh that last line was so cute, I guess no matter the timeline all Makise’s think the same.
Apr 25, 2021 12:14 AM
May 4, 2021 6:39 AM
Feb 2021
Funny and nice episode. :)
May 27, 2021 2:56 PM
Dec 2017
lol it was fun and cute.

Jul 2, 2021 2:48 AM

Apr 2018
Mad Scientist Okabe got arrested twice, mad me laugh to death.

Maid Kurisu!

Confessed, GOODJOB OKABE! ROMANCE

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 9, 2021 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
I commend the end for ending with "close your eyes" and leaving it up to the viewer's imagination. Really cool move. Any regular show would've actually depicted the kiss, but it's a lot more meaningful here as the OVA alludes to the series itself.

OVA's are usually just cheap attempt's to fulfill the fanservice desires that might've been suppressed or to be filled with senseless nonsense. But this was a great homage to everything we witnessed in the initial show. A very nice "happily ever after" sort of ending, featuring all of the original characters, some briefly.

I admit though, the only characters I actually like from this show are Okarin, Kurisu, and sometimes Daru. A pleasant watch though. I put off this OVA because I was afraid it'd be more intense and I always have to mentally prepare myself -- during a time in which I'm not busy.

Yanno, this was really hard to find for me. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE... it took like a half an hour before I found a watchable version. In some locations, this OVA isn't even listed whereas everything else is. (I'm being vague because MAL prefers you don't talk about certain methods of viewing, if you know what I mean.)

There's a lot to this show -- from the main series, to two different OVA's, to four less significant OVA's, to a movie, to a full-fledged TV series sequel or second season or whatever you wanna call it; however, MAL doesn't even link Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 TOGETHER i the Related Anime sections I don't think. I really do wanna watch it all. The dedicated fans might even wanna look into the visual novels and "same universe" alternate series. Lots to unpack and plot the pattern in which you'll consume the content. BUT I digress...

Looping back to my initial point, this was an entertaining OVA. It was cool how they took it to America. It was cool how they depicted Daru's future wife. It was cool how there was a mini sub-plot about Kurisu struggling with her 'feelings' and 'memories' or 'dreams'. Everything came together nicely. Hypothetically, if the entire series ended here with this episode, I'd be content. No loose ends.
Jul 12, 2021 10:21 PM

Mar 2018
Loved seeing LA depicted in this as well as seeing Amane's mother. (The street vendor making a cameo as well lol)

This OVA helped close some loose ends and give the series a nice send off.
Jul 21, 2021 9:49 PM
Dec 2017
That Engrish scene always has me dying.

Aug 20, 2021 12:32 PM

Jun 2020
kurisu so hawt dats all i gota say
Jun 23, 2022 9:37 PM

May 2020
Just finished the original series and decided to watch this. I laughed way more than I usually do while watching Steins;Gate. It's unreasonable to expect this 24 minute OVA to have a story that rivals the 24-part show, and I have no real complaints about what they chose to do for this one-off. It was nice to spend some more time with these characters and process everything they went through.
Jun 23, 2023 7:58 AM
May 2023
Very good way to end the season!
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Im Confused.. PLS help !

SunFire24 - Aug 9, 2012

7 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:45 PM

» Steins;Gate Extra Episodes English Dubbed?

cam609lee - Feb 6, 2018

3 by Nexu »»
Feb 6, 2018 5:12 PM

» Has this been dubbed?

cra0 - Nov 15, 2012

18 by cra0 »»
Jul 12, 2016 7:23 AM

» I think that special is

cyborg7777 - Jul 13, 2011

33 by SympathyRS »»
Apr 26, 2015 7:13 AM

» OST?

Charisma- - Feb 26, 2012

4 by Charisma- »»
Feb 29, 2012 5:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.