Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Nov 28, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2013
"I am mad scientist! United States! Chaooooossss! And invade! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
"I am a small citizen, do you understand. Do you understand? Do you understand?"

Okarin's english is always funny.
Conan_KudoNov 29, 2013 3:26 PM
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Dec 10, 2013 3:32 PM
Jan 2013
... Wow.

That was amazing. This was truly one of the best anime series that I've watched.

It did start off rather slow, but it was definitely worth it as it picked up it's pace in terms of events. We have Okabe / Hououin Kyouma, a mad scientist who wanted to prove that time travel was possible with the consequence of having an organization on their tail. He literally gave them the finger and saved both Mayuri AND Kurisu, the latter winning in the end. Not to mention that in the dubbed version they threw in western references such as Doctor Who and even internet memes in the early episodes, which was a neat little touch to make the dub stand out from the sub.

The story was brilliant. It tells the story of a man who fucks with time, but then rejects the consequences and saves both Mayuri and best girl of the show, which in time ultimately show their feelings for eachother and win. Just like I wanted. Absaloutely flawless.

There were some things I could've seen done better though: the story seemed to be set in only one location: Akihabara. The only time the location changed was when they went to the US in this OVA. I think they could've gone a bit further with the location, but it proved to be alright in the end.

But ultimately, Kurisu winning and Okabe going all Kamina in the end of the series kind of sealed it off for me. It had me hanging, but it was great in the end.

This anime gets the ever-so-special rating of Masterpiece along with the original series a 9. Fantastic show.
OminaDec 11, 2013 4:07 AM
Dec 23, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2009
mfg 10/10 !!!

PERFECT OVA ;3 PERFECT ENDING for this series !

when 24th episode finished I really wanted to see what's when makise remembers something from those fragments, and ill they be back again .. I AM SO GLAD they MADE THIS SPECIAL TO TOTALLY END THIS BEAUTIFUL ANIME :)

and Okabe is damn sexy ! such confession ;3 loved it all ! and I am glad they didn't kiss it ill be like repeating previous scene, this as more entertaining just clear love confession and pure feelings at the end ^_^
GREAT GREAT !

and that fanservice with Neko Mimi Makise XDDD lololol
and sleeping Mayuri XD great ~ it changed my opinon about her this ending ~
and OKABE MET MOTHER OF SUU ;3 awww great great

totally perfect special OVA and ending ~
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Dec 24, 2013 9:29 PM
Oct 2013
finished this amazing anime at 5:30 am, now i can rest in peace :)
Dec 27, 2013 11:33 PM
Nov 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

So in thee end the following,

Is what is left and ……WHAT! THAT’S IT? WHAT? What happens next? What? I checked after the credits nothing! What? That sucks. I wanted a kiss. Damn! Oh well too bad, the blushes of Makise were more than enough along with maid and cat ears.

I give this OVA a 10/10 because I find it excelled ins setup and backgrounds in the space it got of this episode in what it was to accomplish. I would certainly put it at 9 but with what it’s unique it gets a 10.

BTW: A little something as a obligatory GIF in the spoiler
of why I really found Mayuri cute in this episode

I'm guessing she kissed him in the end. Just like she did in the other world line. :3 So sweet.
Jan 1, 2014 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
This was so perfect, just like the series. Thought about giving it 9/10 because it's only one episode, but thinking about it more I have to give it 10/10 cause it was just so perfect. Especially the end. I like how it hinted at the kiss in a subtle way, cause if you've watched the series it's obvious what happens next :3

Okay gonna watch the movie now :)
Jan 1, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2011
I really enjoyed the slice-of-life-like ending to the series.

Commie's release had this at the end:

何も期待するな//list//twitter//osu//
Jan 2, 2014 3:57 PM

Sep 2013
Kurisu has a hot ride.

That's Okarin for you the first thing he does after he gets off the plane is get arrested.

Lol again.

XD Jason reference.

"Have some shame." Kurisu is such a perv :3

Take that! 'diet soda style' the sound effect afterward was hilarious.

Looks like Feyris isn't Daru's future wife.

A cliff-hanger good thing I can guess what happened ;) Such a good ending time for the movie >:)
Jan 7, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
"In any world line, any time, any place, I love you." Okarin you smooth motherf*cker.

This is probably the episode the fans needed for a solid closure between Okarin and Kurisu in the anime. 5/5
Jan 8, 2014 10:53 AM
Jun 2012
ihusmal1234 said:
This is probably the episode the fans needed for a solid closure between Okarin and Kurisu in the anime. 5/5
Yep. I wouldn't have minded another kiss, though. :)

-Arvis
Jan 31, 2014 11:18 PM

Jul 2009
Kurisu is one of my cundere's top after Hitagi :3 But for me TV series is way better than movie 9/10
Feb 22, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2013
Great end to a legendary anime. 10/10
Mar 8, 2014 1:22 AM

Feb 2013
The Engrish in this OVA was hilarious! I was super glad to to see Daru's wife/Suzuha's mother! That was one this I wanted to see in the original series.
Apr 20, 2014 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
Great 9/10

Jul 2, 2014 10:53 PM

Apr 2014
And their kiss scene re-happened, absolutely lovely~
Aug 7, 2014 4:20 AM

Aug 2012
Japanese english is a natural comedy. Cracks me up in every anime.
That was great special.
Aug 15, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
Perfect ending of the brilliant series. 10/10 Would El.Psy.Congroo again
Sep 6, 2014 4:50 AM

Jan 2014
It seems that this is the choice of Steins;Gate!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 12, 2014 12:06 AM

Aug 2007
powerful confession, whew
Sep 24, 2014 9:01 PM

Aug 2010
Well still the same old Steins;Gate with all the comedy, romance, drama and sci-fi. No serious plot unlike the main series here. It's fun to all the characters finally together as a group.

Best part though was the ending. With that kind of pick up line who will not fall for you right? Damn that Okabe such a playa. Since I still have overflowing ratings from the main series I'll just give this a 10/10.

El Psy Congroo.
Oct 4, 2014 11:25 PM
Aug 2014
Okabe confessing his love for Kurisu was really poetic, great OVA overall. 10/10

My list. | Eggroll is the greatest ty :)
Oct 18, 2014 6:23 PM
Sep 2013
finally came around to watching this anime, after marathoning the TV series and being somewhat depressed after the final episode, this special made me feel 1000000x better, i just wish they actually showed the final kiss t_t
Oct 23, 2014 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
Close your eyes.

THE END!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2014 11:18 PM
May 2014
"I am mad scientist. United states. chaos and invadeu." Pure awesomeness, not just the funny sense but i like the fact that it still has the romance part going on, it has more than one kinds of value, think about the power of that confession and we learned what it feels like to experience different time lines for people who aren't Okabe.
Nov 15, 2014 12:58 AM

Sep 2014
OMG, Makise in aviators. LOVE <3

Yumekichi11 said:

BTW: A little something as a obligatory GIF in the spoiler
of why I really found Mayuri cute in this episode

This had me ROFLing all over the place. XD XD XD

Cute OVA, loved it! Wish we could have gotten another kiss between Okabe and Makise.
Nov 30, 2014 7:41 AM

Sep 2014
Very nice special. I really enjoyed it despite it being short, because it confirms that Kurisu does love Okabe despite not directly experiencing what he did. If the show ended without this romance it would be quite sad.
Dec 10, 2014 4:39 PM
Apr 2008
Oh man I loved that ending. El Psy Congroo.
Feb 28, 2015 9:49 AM

Sep 2014
Officer: "What's the purpose?"
Okabe: "I'm Mad Scientist!"
Officer: "Hahahahahaha!"
Okabe: "Hahahahahaha!"
*Arrested* xDDD

omg Kurisu with sunglasses looks so beautiful and badass.

We got to know Daru's future wife! I'd like to know more about her.

I liked this OVA. It was like a self-parody of the main series with a lot of references
to the main series. (That taxi driver, for example.)
Mar 18, 2015 3:13 PM

Mar 2015
I think I expected a little bit more, but I'm still not quite disappointed. Comic relief was great (*thud* *Mayuri wakes up* 'I think Okarin and Kurisu-chan are getting along really well!' *Mayuri falls back asleep*), plot - rather absent, but I probably shouldn't have expected it from a special in the first place. Learning about Suzuha's mother and getting some closure for Makise-Okabe relationship was satisfying enough.

And now excuse me, but I'm back to playing the VN. Next comes the movie :D
Apr 12, 2015 3:23 AM

May 2012
The voice acting (especially the Engrish lol) and the characters are great as always. That plus the mindscrew in the series is the reason why I like this anime.

"I am mad scientist. United States. Chaos and invade! Muhahaha!"
Apr 24, 2015 5:13 AM
Dec 2011
a beautiful masterpiece... :3 finally i get to see suzuha's mother and okabe kurisu back together super satisfied 10/10 :3
May 8, 2015 5:59 PM

Sep 2014
Okarin's english best english ^^
Okabe getting arrested two times so funny xD
Mayushi so cute here <3

Hehe they actually show Daru's future wife c:
That ending so cute, loved it.
Great end for an awesome series 10/10
nerfxMay 8, 2015 6:05 PM
Jun 3, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2009
Perry normal episode, just to show Okabe and Kurisu starting their relationship.
So guess that one was Suzu's mom...
Jul 15, 2015 7:02 PM
Dec 2013
I mean, that ending would have be 100% perfect if it had showed them kissing again for me, BUT in terms of symbolism and what not, I think technically this ending was 100% perfect. But I still wanted to see them kiss again and be in love. You know she kissed him anyways though because she asked him the exact same question in the alpha world line just before she did.

Ugh I'm just whining. I want kissu because im a loseru.
Jul 15, 2015 7:17 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

"Mad Scientist!"
The engrish is strong with this one.
Aug 31, 2015 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
I would have given 5/5 but THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE KISS T__T

bittersweetlove said:

So guess that one was Suzu's mom...

I didn't even think about that but it makes perfect sense. Like it.
Sep 15, 2015 7:54 PM
Dec 2014
That scenery and the music. OMG this was just beautiful.. Great ending to an awesome Anime.

I didn' t even know this was a special.
Nov 10, 2015 6:35 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I'm glad they included this to go with the anime.

LOL at the English parts. xD

And about time they confessed. 8/10
Nov 15, 2015 9:33 PM

Jan 2015
Mayuri was adorable sleeping in this episode :3

Okabe, you should just explain everything too Kurisu, from the very beginning to the very start.
Nov 19, 2015 3:56 PM

Jun 2015
It was a very nice and heart-calming episode, so I'm glad I watched it just after the series.

But there is one thing I have to complain about (and it's not only about Steins;Gate). I can't stand the way that most of the seyiuu speak English. It sounds terrible. And I'm not even sure if they do it on purpose or not but it hurts my ears. Some of the words they have mastered but others belong to the land of nope. I usually like all kinds of accents but this one makes me sick. And I have a half-Japanese friend, whose mother speaks English with absolutely different accent.
Nov 23, 2015 1:32 PM

May 2015
Oh my gosh. That ending part was so adorable.

Meeting Suzuha's mother was also a nice touch. :)
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 5, 2015 6:20 AM

Mar 2015
Oh thank God... at first I really thought that they're going to pair up Mayuri and Daru... phew it was another girl.

I love how funny this episode is. Well, pretty much a fanservice episode and it clears up Daru's lover.

Just finished this on one night... whew it's 6 AM now lol and I'm still hoping they would show multiple universes where the girls end up with Okarin like VN type of endings. T_T

I mean it's obvious that Okarin cares a lot for Mayuri and so does she, then Faris love her prince, then Ruka loves his saver, and of course Kurisu the girl who won with the main girl win rule. Well there's always imagination and fanarts I suppose =w=

Now let's jump to the VN~

Dec 9, 2015 1:42 AM

Apr 2014
That was fucking terrible but to be fair I thought this was an unlisted 25th episode of the main series and not a separate OVA so I was comparing it to the 24 episode run.
Jan 7, 2016 10:31 PM

Apr 2014
Hilarious and touching episode that will allow me to feel closure regarding this show. Now on to the movie. El Psy Congroo.
Jan 8, 2016 2:11 PM

Nov 2015
This special...no, this sequel was perfect! I mean, it was everything I needed after the True Ending of S;G!
Usually you may think of OVAs that they are plot-less, just fanservice, the "beach episode", but this is not, wow, this was a true sequel, an episode 25.

After the True Ending I felt sad, happy yeah because it was awesome, perfect, but sad because it was over and we didn't know what happened with those two after that moment. But really, this sequel made me happy, really happy. It has comedy, plot, key scenes, return of characters and Susaha's mother, and the romance... oh wow... I don't know how an anime that is not about romance can manage it so well... I just love KurisuxOkabe, they are perfect for each other and I was super glad they got their moment. (Personal opinion: I usually don't like that just because they are protagonist they have to end up together, but wow, these two were made up for each other, they were perfect)

It was a harsh cliff hanger, that "close your eyes" and then the black screen I was like: "THEY KISSED!!!" and then the Opening as the Ending... BOOOM, epicness! I was happy, very happy =)

The good things of Episode 22 all over again, it was a shame there was no kiss on-screen but it's not like we didn't see them do it before. But damn... Okabe really knows how to confess, totally awesome confession... TWICE.

Really, this is how an OVA is done, I don't even want to call it OVA but sequel, episode 25, the epilogue of the True Ending.

Episode 22: The Bittersweet ending, a.k.a. Fake Ending.
Episode 23: The "There's hope" ending.
Episode 24: The True Ending (I don't like calling it "happy ending" just because it's not a gift or forced, Okabe carved that ending, he earned it by himself)
Episode 25: Closure.

10/10 Because it has everything I needed, can't ask for more. It brought peace to my heart after the episode 24.

PD: Daga Okoto Da.

PD2: Now, what's next for me? The Deja Vu Movie, then the "Soumei Eichi no Cognitive Computing" ONAs (just for fun), then Episode 23β and then Steins;Gate 0 (anime, and when it comes out)
HumbertoZeroJan 8, 2016 3:34 PM
Jan 21, 2016 1:04 PM

Dec 2015
Cute OVA.

I'm sure it would have meant more if I had waited years after the original series to watch it, but I can understand why it's rated so high!

Okarin getting arrested twice was HILARIOUS.
Jun 23, 2016 11:42 AM

Feb 2016
Okabe's and Daru's american pronunciation might be the funniest thing i have ever heard in my life X'D. And finally Okabe and Kurisu reveal their love to each other.
Sep 22, 2016 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
the girl who look like suzuha-san i think she will be her mother i mean she will marry .... the super hacker (i forgot his name ~.~) cause she said that she will get married & have a kid in 7 years later ^^

it was funny episode ^^
Sep 22, 2016 5:00 PM

Nov 2015
dakara4 said:
the girl who look like suzuha-san i think she will be her mother i mean she will marry .... the super hacker (i forgot his name ~.~) cause she said that she will get married & have a kid in 7 years later ^^

it was funny episode ^^

That's Amane Yuki for ya.
Nov 18, 2016 5:16 PM

Sep 2016
loved this OVA the atmosphere and tone were spot on, we got to see okabe truly confess his affection towards kurisu that was the best moment for me, but also we cant forget the reveal of suzuha's mom the way they hinted at it was great as well
Facta Non Verba
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Im Confused.. PLS help !

SunFire24 - Aug 9, 2012

7 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:45 PM

» Steins;Gate Extra Episodes English Dubbed?

cam609lee - Feb 6, 2018

3 by Nexu »»
Feb 6, 2018 5:12 PM

» Has this been dubbed?

cra0 - Nov 15, 2012

18 by cra0 »»
Jul 12, 2016 7:23 AM

» I think that special is

cyborg7777 - Jul 13, 2011

33 by SympathyRS »»
Apr 26, 2015 7:13 AM

» OST?

Charisma- - Feb 26, 2012

4 by Charisma- »»
Feb 29, 2012 5:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.