Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2008 12:49 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a rather short lived drama at the beginning, but I guess that was to be expected after last weeks preview.
So, the neuroi took on the shape of a witch, interesting. After this I guess we'll get to see even more different neurois.
Aug 28, 2008 1:09 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Really nice episode. Wonder how far the Neuroi will go mimicking the ones fighting against them. It kinda looked like a peace-offering, I mean the Neuroi went and showed Yoshika the core...

Anyway, Francesca's part was great again. xD and the 'fate of a witch' thing is interesting too. Hope the Major survives.
cyruzAug 28, 2008 1:12 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 28, 2008 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
The plot is getting way more deep than i expected from this series, at least we're in for a good final 4 episodes in that aspect.

Official subs are deviating a little from the original titles. Literal translation for this week's title is "Thing(s) I want to protect", and next week is "I want you to believe me".
Aug 28, 2008 2:38 PM

Jul 2008
Lol, it was interesting to see the plot change from what I expected.
What makes me say "wow..." is that Mio said that she's nearing 20 and so, her fighting career is nearly over? I mean, I think thats just way too soon. She looks like she can still kick some Neuroi butt. And they have never shown how she got that special eye either...too many things left unsaid. Lets hope they give some interesting answers in the last few episodes.
Bleed for me.

Aug 28, 2008 2:52 PM

Feb 2008
lol even in the hospital they're wearing no pants or skirts.
Man, suddenly I feel kinda sick. >:3
I love how Perrine is snarling. <3

I want more. Right now. >.<
Aug 28, 2008 3:00 PM

Mar 2008
great episode indeed
hope Mio is okay =( ... they deliberately hide that from us in the preview
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2008 3:08 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
De-JaY said:

Lol yeah, I wanted to address that too. When I saw the nurse I was like 'But of course~...'

Now imagine the rest of the Strike Witches world lol.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 28, 2008 3:11 PM

Sep 2007
Why the drama? ;_;
Of course, it was expected for Gonzo to kill off someone. However, I liked how Barkhorn's sister came back, which was both touching and funny.

However, I enjoyed the training/competition when they went up to the sky with paintball guns modeled after their real guns. :P

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Aug 28, 2008 3:45 PM

Feb 2007
cyruz said:
De-JaY said:

Lol yeah, I wanted to address that too. When I saw the nurse I was like 'But of course~...'

Now imagine the rest of the Strike Witches world lol.

Yeah, noticed that too... So much for just them not wearing any because of the Strikers.
Aug 28, 2008 3:51 PM

Jul 2008
I will answer some questions here that I have seen people wonder:

-The age might be expected so that maybe in season 2 there might more new witches if there is a 2nd season since many of the older witches are also nearing their age limit I suppose based on their physical characteristics. I know during some studies about occult, the woman lose their peak or max limits powers after they hit 30.

-The Neuroi are doing 2 things I think: a) Trick royally all witches into getting into the hive, which they do with Miafuji in the next episode. b) They are really going for PEACE but AS THE EXPRESSION GOES "LOOK INTO MY EYE AND SEE IF IT BELIEVES" for me it's BS I doubt they are interested in peace. Look at the speed they can hide their core, tricking is too easy.

-Lynette's boobs---->Excellent by I still think Charlotte has the biggest.

-Luchinne's play....typical of her personality but we all know she was not satisfied. :P

-So there is a Hive in Gallia...well it figures cause France was beaten anyways in WW2.

-Battle Miyafuji VS Perrine...BET 1000$ ON MIYAFUJI! Sorry guys but her plane model the Zero can beat anytime a piece of shit french plane model...ANYTIME. I studied history rather well.

-Paint ball game was....yeah FUN!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 28, 2008 6:28 PM

Jan 2008
Why am I still watching this horrible show, I have to ask myself? There's no point in dropping it now though... The episode had an interesting ending, but after last week's ending and resolution, I don't have much expectations.
Aug 28, 2008 7:35 PM

Jul 2007
Minna = yuri?

Me likey much :3
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Aug 28, 2008 8:03 PM

Mar 2008
lostty said:
Why am I still watching this horrible show, I have to ask myself?

If you find it horrible, why bother watching it and waste 20+ minutes of your time?

SW had a slow start (mainly because of character introductions) but it is now picking up pace. Very good!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2008 10:02 PM

Sep 2007
I cried at the end, though I was able to hold back the tears. Sakamoto or Sanya is my 2nd favorite Witch (still too early in the series to decide), after Miyafuji.
Sakamoto: "I know, why don't we triple you're training menu starting from tomorrow?"
XD I find her laugh interesting as well, in a funny way. It's cool that we're nearly the same age too.

If the Neuroi really are friends, that would truly be an interesting twist for this series. Guess we'll have to wait till next ep to see. I bumped my score up from a 6 to a 7, but if next week's ep is just as great a this one's, it might even go to an 8 (which is really high on my grading scale).

lostty said:
Because deep down inside you really love it? :D
Nek0Aug 28, 2008 10:21 PM

Aug 28, 2008 10:08 PM

May 2008
cyruz said:
Really nice episode. Wonder how far the Neuroi will go mimicking the ones fighting against them. It kinda looked like a peace-offering, I mean the Neuroi went and showed Yoshika the core...

Anyway, Francesca's part was great again. xD and the 'fate of a witch' thing is interesting too. Hope the Major survives.
My first thought on the Neuroi's action was that it wasn't a peace offering, but a sign of trust by exposing its weak point to Miyafuji (like an animal exposing its neck to another).

And all because she left the safety on on her machine gun and couldn't fire at it right away.

Also, like I said, if it keeps this direction I'd up my score to a seven for this series.

lostty said:
Like the horrible movie you just can't pull away from until the very end? Feels like your tenacity may be well rewarded.

Aug 29, 2008 2:43 AM
Jun 2008
Well, I sure laughed a lot, but good mood wasn't lasting long. So much drama for Strike... Paintball and all, ahahaha.

"You are amazing"
"Really, what part of me"
"um..."
Aug 29, 2008 8:19 AM

Jul 2007
Mio ;_;
Aug 29, 2008 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
now after the neuroi copying sanya,now its miyafujis turn. really like to know how the war began , what the neuroi did in the past, what are their goals etc.

Aug 29, 2008 9:05 PM

Mar 2008
I am more interested in how the Neuroi are formed in the first place
Aug 30, 2008 7:46 PM

Jun 2007
angel999 said:
-Battle Miyafuji VS Perrine...BET 1000$ ON MIYAFUJI! Sorry guys but her plane model the Zero can beat anytime a piece of shit french plane model...ANYTIME. I studied history rather well.
Yeah but Charlottes P-51 should've kicked all their asses. The only plane better than that one was the Me-262 and no witch has that one although it would be great to see it.

Aug 30, 2008 9:20 PM

May 2008
Splitter said:
Minna = yuri?

Me likey much :3

=DDD

Hm... Cliffhanger FTL. =|
Aug 31, 2008 1:43 AM
Aug 2008
Yoshika no baka......I really hope Mio's alright, she's my favorite character, what with her laugh and her eye and her sword. Which reminds me, are we ever going to see the rapier that Perrine carries in official artwork used? That might be interesting.

Based on ranks, if anything happens to Mio, Barkhorn would fill in as second in command. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Yoshika and Perrine in the next episode.
Personally, I'm hoping for a sequence where Perrine explodes in Yoshika's face and has to be restrained to stop from beating the stuffing out of her....
Aug 31, 2008 1:21 PM

Oct 2006
Minna going yuri would make up for last episode (8).. so, Mio, don't die on us (her) now!

She was my favourite, man! No need for a stupidly thrown in "backstory" involving a wimpy blonde bishounen. Bleh. I should have skipped that ep, seriously.
Aug 31, 2008 1:40 PM

Jul 2008
Legion17 said:
angel999 said:
Yeah but Charlottes P-51 should've kicked all their asses. The only plane better than that one was the Me-262 and no witch has that one although it would be great to see it.

Sorry buddy but the Spitfire Mk IX is pretty comparable to P-51 and I know the latter models after this are better...come to think of it the British were the first ones after Germany to develop a reactor plane...let me see...the name was Comet or Meteor!

Play the game ALLIED GENERALS.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 31, 2008 3:49 PM

Jan 2008
Looked like the Neuroi was working on some sort of self defense mechanism. Hmm, maybe there were peaceful to begin with?
Sep 12, 2008 6:32 PM

May 2008
Jeez, I wasn't expecting something like that to be a mortal blow.
She didn't even look injured. Hope things turn out okay.

But yeah, I was definitely expecting something weird from the Neuroi since the Northern Lights episode.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 14, 2008 2:25 AM

Jun 2007
I think the Neuroi have evolved to some extent since the beginning of the show. It seems when one copy's a human it takes on that humans personality. So it would make sense that this Neuroi would want Yoshika to take the core or attempt to make first contact. I bet if she touched it, she would have learned more about the Neuroi. Yoshika is probably the key to ending the war.
Sep 16, 2008 9:00 AM

Mar 2008
niwasatou said:
Minna going yuri would make up for last episode (8).. so, Mio, don't die on us (her) now!

Haha! Yeah!
Hoping for yuri goodness here. (^-^')> Hehe!
I don't want her to die and I doubt very much that she'll die!
Minna doesn't want to lose another love(?) in her life... Hihihi!

niwasatou said:
She was my favourite, man! No need for a stupidly thrown in "backstory" involving a wimpy blonde bishounen. Bleh. I should have skipped that ep, seriously.

Minna and Mio are my favorite witches here... And I agree that, that guy shouldn't have shown up.
But it makes up a story so there's nothing we could do although there are other stories to make up for Minna and not about her being with that guy. HUHU!
That's fine anyway. Hehe!

More Minna x Mio!!! (>o<)/

Ehem...
Anyways... Looking forward to the remaining episodes and I hope there would be another season...
I hope that despite of GONZO's situation, they could still make up another season of it...
To me it's one of the animes I didn't doubt to watch right away even though it's not yet finished in terms of both airing and fansubbing...
It's not my style to follow a series which aren't finished yet.
But this one's different!
One of The BEST! <(^-^)b
BlueZSep 16, 2008 9:14 AM
Sep 17, 2008 9:38 PM

May 2008
Wimpy? How the hell is he wimpy? And what the hell is wrong with wimpy?
Jesus H. Christ this is a show called Strike Girls. It's a show about badass girls, not badass guys.

He's merely there to be her devastatingly lost love interest. Not fighting Neuroi.
And personally I think a weaker personality or "wimpy guy" or whatever better fits the personality of a Strike Witch. For him to have looked just as tough as her would have looked weird. I wouldn't have had him any other way.

He's the ideal guy. The male version of Yamato Nadeshiko. You think she'd go for some domineering bitch of a guy?

And while maybe there were some things about the scene that were unfitting of the show in mood and feel, I'm glad to have seen her backstory and I found it to be a very appropriate and fitting one.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 7, 2008 7:10 PM

Jun 2008
Ah Wow...something actually happened this time...

Nice episode, Perrine is a total bitch as always.

I'm liking that it's Neon Genesis...esque...
Aug 10, 2009 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
And another interesting episode. Very strange Neuroi at the end. I hope that with Mio all will be ok. Watching next ep. =)

Dec 5, 2009 10:39 AM

Apr 2009
Perrine, annoying as always.
Strange looking Neuroi. Poor Mio <3

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Dec 25, 2009 12:09 AM

Oct 2009
Nah, the novelty of flying lolis with no pants is starting to wear off, but since there's only like 3 eps left I may as well finish it. Kaoru-kun shot down the eyepatch chick, alright, manly tears I guess.
Mar 12, 2010 5:52 PM

May 2009
Great episode. It was interesting how the Neuroi was copying Miyafuji and didn't attack her. I hope Mio doesn't die... :/
Mar 16, 2010 2:19 PM

Jan 2010
That was a cool ep. Looks like the plot will take a more interesting turn for the last few episodes. I have a feeling Mio will die though. =(
Jul 2, 2010 3:58 AM

Aug 2009
Wait.... So what the fuck happened Mio? Like from the end of the last episode with the gun.. Did I miss something? Oh well.

This has been a pretty average show so far, I might as well finish it.
Jul 4, 2010 11:34 AM

Aug 2008
Good episode. Laughed a bit at how Mio just walked out when Minna was pointin' the gun at her. That chick is badass.
Jul 18, 2010 11:39 AM

May 2009
It's hard to take Mio getting shot seriously when she knew her shields were weak and could have easily just dodged the shots instead of sitting there with her shield up. I realize this entire show takes a whole lot of suspension of disbelief, but that's just too stupid to ignore.

Lame, forced drama is lame.
Jul 31, 2010 3:02 PM

Feb 2010
So who failed? Miyafuji or Sakamoto? Is the Neuroi tricking or is it really not the enemy? Cliffhanger. :/
Oct 21, 2010 6:20 PM
Apr 2010
Why wasn't the nurse wearing any pants? what kind of "nurse" is she O.o
The major is quite dumb I must say,i use to like her character now in 1 episode i don't >.>
Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 7, 2011 2:01 AM

Sep 2010
Dude, Sakamoto is such a badass. She just walks away from someone with a gun.
I thought it was only the witches that didn't wear pants; guess not...
Anyways, things are starting to get interesting.
Jun 6, 2011 7:08 AM

Mar 2011
This turn of events is nuts!

So, once you stop being a teen you lose your magical powers huh? Hmmm, the major wanted to pass on her skills to Yoshika before retirement, looks like she ran out of time.

Neuroi stuff is becoming interesting. At first I thought it was just a bland hook for the action scenes but there has been some real thought put into this! me likes!
Jun 14, 2011 11:29 PM

Sep 2009
Why was that nurse not wearing pants????
Sigh
I'm loving Sakamoto, she's awesome!
I was a little wowed that she's 20
Jan 12, 2012 10:09 PM

Feb 2011
This show satisfies my loli needs, however the plot took a good turn, and I actually felt that Neuroi wasn't the enemy, that shooting on sight mentality is fucked up man.

Regarding the discussion about WWII fighter planes. The Spitfire and Zero were indeed awesome, the P-51 a little, but the Messerschmidt was the best of the best. Hell after Germany was -sadly- defeated America and Russia drained the german scientist off knowledge.
Mar 25, 2012 7:39 AM
Nov 2011
My gut tells me the Neuri are somehow related to the witches. Whomever knows the truth died in an accident a long time ago, and now they are fighting each other. That's my theory.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 3, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 2011
So the power weakens once they reach a certain age? That would explain why they're all young.

Even if Mio survives I doubt she'll be flying again.

I wonder what the truth about the neuroids is.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 8, 2013 12:04 PM

May 2012
That sure was an interesting episode, gets you thinking the first who attacked those where the humans, but are they really the enemy? Interesting stuff lets see what's next!
Mar 28, 2013 11:53 AM

Dec 2007
That cliff hanger was a bust. I was expecting some huge twist. I guess the Neuroi are related to Sanya. Maybe Sanya is one of them.
Dec 29, 2013 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
Well that beginning was cheezy and short, I was expecting something better.

LOL, Perrine always get jealous when Sakamoto is with Yoshika.

That Neuroi was strange though when it is having fun with Yoshika until the end...

Feb 13, 2015 4:13 PM

Feb 2010
i wonder if Neuroi are a new species something like a newborn because they seem to be mimicing them a lot
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Sep 18, 2008

103 by Kjngo »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 10, 2008

64 by b_oogaloo »»
Oct 3, 2023 9:37 PM

» Will the humanoid neuroi appear again in the future season

RitsuKunNew - Sep 15, 2023

8 by Fail_Man_X »»
Sep 22, 2023 11:50 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Aug 14, 2008

78 by KayMigiwa »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jul 3, 2008

120 by Wiziliz »»
Sep 16, 2022 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.