Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2012 5:58 AM

Feb 2012
Hmmmm....this one was a strange little short. Pretty much a big in-joke for fans of the game only. Being said individual, I found this fairly amusing. What do you all think of it?
Every minute you are thinking of evil, you might have been thinking of good instead. Refuse to pander to a morbid interest in your own misdeeds. Pick yourself up, be sorry, shake yourself, and go on again.
Evelyn Underhill

Apr 30, 2012 12:22 PM
Mar 2011
in my view this was the end of this game franchise i hate Cross
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 30, 2012 12:31 PM
Dec 2007
Enjolras1830 said:
*sigh*. I still don't really get the intense hatred for Cross. Maybe it's the fact they can't accept the fate of the Trigger characters, but otherwise the rest makes perfect sense in thematic. Time Travel and Parallel dimensions are almost always together in science fiction.

Apr 30, 2012 12:51 PM
Mar 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Enjolras1830 said:
*sigh*. I still don't really get the intense hatred for Cross. Maybe it's the fact they can't accept the fate of the Trigger characters, but otherwise the rest makes perfect sense in thematic. Time Travel and Parallel dimensions are almost always together in science fiction.

Two words bad Music
THree more Words Overly BIG Party [ 25 members]

I find Breath of Fire Dragon Quater easy to like Than Cross [ FYI is Hate BOF DQ alot]
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 3, 2012 11:59 AM

Jul 2011
Otaking87 said:

Two words bad Music

I lol'd.
Sep 8, 2012 7:58 AM

Feb 2012
I'm a big fan of the game, but this is really the worst anime ever made and not recommended for anyone. Not even to those who watch B-grade junk for the lulz. This isn't even so bad that it is good. It is so bad that it is unwatchable (like Star Wars Christmas Special).
Nov 2, 2012 7:42 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
mecharobot said:
Star Wars Christmas Special

Oh god, the horror >o<

Feb 13, 2013 5:13 AM

Oct 2011
i know absolutely nothing of this game.......that said this anime was pure mind rape other than the fact great seiyuu chafurin played nu....oh, the pain - one of the longest sixteen minutes i've ever spent!
Sep 3, 2015 5:27 PM

Mar 2014
I really wish they would make an actual anime for the game, using Toriyama's character designs, and with a team of talented artists...
I mean, the cutscenes in the PS1 version are a nice little treat, but damn...

Just look at some of the concept art for the game:

Now, imagine what a show that looked like that would look like in motion if it had really well done animation. Gosh, it gets my heart all aflutter just thinking about it.
vigorousjammerSep 3, 2015 5:32 PM
::End of Transmission::

Feb 14, 2020 3:28 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Yo I know this thread is super old, but I don't care, I want to pitch in my two cents.

Dunno why this OVA is shitted on so heavily, I thought it was pretty funny.
But, while this OVA is nice and all, I definitely agree with @vigorousjammer that it deserves a full-on anime series.
I'd personally want it somewhere around 20 episodes... the game's actually not that long, apparently the least it can be beaten is 15-17 hours, I'm sure 20 or 25 episodes is just fine (or even more than enough) for a game like this.

I don't really want Toei to animate it though...
I know they've always animated Dragon Ball and their PS1 cutscenes for Chrono Trigger are decent... but I notice that a lot of episodes for series that weren't created in house (examples of "in-house creations" would be Ojamajo Doremi and Pretty Cure) get very inconsistent with animation and even character design. Just frickin look at Sailor Moon—and I don't mean Crystal, either—the original 90s series always had hella wonky inconsistency here and there throughout its 5 seasons.

I'm a rare exception of the fanbase... as in I love Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross equally. So yeah, I don't understand the hate towards Cross either.
Sure, I wouldn't blame you for saying Cross had an unnecessarily long story or that its connections to Trigger were really weak, but...
DateYutaka said:

Two words bad Music
..."bad music" is definitely something I don't agree with when it comes to Cross lmao.
May 25, 2021 2:04 PM
Dec 2017
It was pretty charming and well it could actually work as a full anime adaptaiton by toei.

Dec 15, 2021 3:00 PM
Dec 2020
DateYutaka said:
Leon-Gun said:

Two words bad Music

The music is the only good part of Cross. I don't know what you're talking about.
Oct 2, 2023 10:31 PM

Sep 2018
I think this game is overhyped by the fandom, not to say that it's a bad game, it's actually a really good game, just not the end all and be all the square fans make it out to be. But I still found this anime hilarious and don't understand to low score that it has.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jikuu Bouken Nuumamonjaa Episode 1 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Apr 12, 2020

3 by Kristiwazhere »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.