Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2012 1:41 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Anyone else not like the blonde haired girl? (yeah I have no clue what her name is) I kind of feel bad for the cow that was in labor for two hours(and that's just when they got there, more time could have passed while they were waiting). Also the other thing I kept thinking about was that while Sakura was being mean to her mother, neither Tsubasa nor Hikaru have a mom, so she should be nicer.
Mar 16, 2012 3:14 AM
Apr 2008
Oldina is the blonde's name. And I believe you're getting close to the play ep which is where the series turns from great to awe inspiring. Are you watching dubbed, or subbed? If subbed, who by?
Mar 26, 2012 1:23 PM

Apr 2010
Traveler701 said:
Oldina is the blonde's name. And I believe you're getting close to the play ep which is where the series turns from great to awe inspiring. Are you watching dubbed, or subbed? If subbed, who by?

Subbed. I don't really like the dubbed voices. I bought the dvd's off Amazon, cause I could only find up to ep. 5 dubbed online.
Jan 3, 2014 3:29 PM

Apr 2010
I always wondered what it was like to work on a farm myself.

Dec 28, 2014 5:29 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
KitaTsuki said:
I always wondered what it was like to work on a farm myself.
Hard work, dawn to dark. And, if you have animals, there is no such thing as a holiday, or sleeping in.
Jun 4, 2016 11:23 AM

May 2012
Pretty solid episode, quite liked that ending! Looking forward to see what's next.
Aug 21, 2017 2:28 PM
Aug 2014
The alien stuff continues to feel disconnected from the slice of life, doesn't seem to affect the leads at all.

Thought they were being rather harsh on Sakura, though it all "worked out" in the end I don't see her sticking around to take over the farm.
Dec 3, 2017 8:38 AM

Mar 2016
Although I can understand the lesson they were trying to teach Sakura, I can't help but feel that they were too harsh on her. At some level, it felt like she was manipulated into not going to her concert, which, even if she understood that one person shouldn't be doing all of that work, doesn't mean she can't still also enjoy life.
Jun 4, 2020 5:02 PM

Jun 2010
This story about Sakura really didn't have enough meat for a 40-minute episode. The (apparently obligatory) monster part was even very short this time.
May 27, 2022 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
I loved this episode and its moral. It hit me personally since as a teen, I was like Sakura in a way that I wanted to just do my own thing and not have to do any type of labor that I didn't want to do. Even today I have those desires as a young adult but without a significant person that told me to get off my ass and start pitching in to help, I know that I would be in a worse spot. While Sakura was being nagged about her simple mistakes, she wasn't putting any sort of meaningful effort to help out; she just did was she was told without any empathy for her mother who did everything for her up until this point, including putting up with her spoiled attitude. Being a 'sore loser' isn't going to get you anywhere in life and won't allow you to learn and grow into someone who can handle themselves on their own with work when they don't have any support to help them.
So far I am really liking this series and it may end up being one of my favorites. :D
Oct 13, 2022 2:23 AM

Nov 2013
I didn't really like the morale of the story. Despite the intentions that might have been good the parents acted like assholes and counter-productive.
"I feel like she does work only so she can have fun later" like yeah bro that's literally how working life works for majority of people. She got gaslighted into thinking she was in the wrong.

I really thought the final morale would be how Shiinas were having fun while working because the adults were actually capable in guiding them through the work while Sakura's parents only shouted at Sakura and obnoxiously acted like having a moral high ground. That would actually be useful lessons for more than just one demographic.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jun 20, 2023 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
Such a beautiful episode. Love the realism of dealing with teenagers....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Figure 17: Tsubasa & Hikaru Episode 9 Discussion

Cratex - Dec 29, 2014

7 by diegontijo »»
Aug 8, 2023 10:05 PM

Poll: » Figure 17: Tsubasa & Hikaru Episode 13 Discussion

Cratex - Dec 30, 2014

11 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:45 AM

Poll: » Figure 17: Tsubasa & Hikaru Episode 10 Discussion

Cratex - Dec 29, 2014

5 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Figure 17 Episode 1 Discussion

Sasuke10271994 - Oct 29, 2010

9 by HellindiuM »»
Jun 27, 2023 9:23 PM

Poll: » Figure 17 Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2013

4 by Unowen »»
Dec 21, 2021 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.