Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 18, 2018 7:19 AM

Sep 2017
This episode is all lovey dovey, and I hate it.

The whole thing was SAKAKIBARA's fault, and I hate all the characters on the show. OFFICIALLY.

I hope I can flip through the rest of the episodes, because this is the worst horror show I have seen. Not only does Izumi and co. laugh about the incident like nothing has happened, but why don't they just GET OUTTA THE SCHOOL AND TRANSFER?

Let's see, about 6 or so people have died in the past 3 months, and all of them related to the same classroom. Even the fucking police should know something is up. I don't know why they aren't treating it seriously like a murder case. Even then, just the rumor of two students dying in our school is enough to make everyone shift their schools, don't you think? And 6 have died. SIX. The school should have been shut down already. Even if no parent believes in ghost stories and haven't heard of this, they would have got outta that town already.

And this went on for what, 27 years? I bet the writer had no common sense.

Even if most people disagree with what I had said, A TEACHER JUST KILLED HIMSELF IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS. This should have made national headlines for Japan, if not the world. I don't know how the parents of those students in class 3 let them attend the class when this stuff happened. I mean, we have already seen one girl die from a umbrella wound, a nurse from a elevator failure and a student of a heart attack(he has a condition, but still). I admit the last three may not convince parents, but the teacher suicide should have been the nail on the head. I bet more foolish stupid students are gonna die.
JeremiahOrangeApr 18, 2018 7:26 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 4, 2018 12:20 AM

Mar 2018
JeremiahOrange said:
Let's see, about 6 or so people have died in the past 3 months, and all of them related to the same classroom. Even the fucking police should know something is up. I don't know why they aren't treating it seriously like a murder case. Even then, just the rumor of two students dying in our school is enough to make everyone shift their schools, don't you think? And 6 have died. SIX. The school should have been shut down already. Even if no parent believes in ghost stories and haven't heard of this, they would have got outta that town already.

Even if most people disagree with what I had said, A TEACHER JUST KILLED HIMSELF IN FRONT OF HIS STUDENTS. This should have made national headlines for Japan, if not the world. I don't know how the parents of those students in class 3 let them attend the class when this stuff happened. I mean, we have already seen one girl die from a umbrella wound, a nurse from a elevator failure and a student of a heart attack(he has a condition, but still). I admit the last three may not convince parents, but the teacher suicide should have been the nail on the head. I bet more foolish stupid students are gonna die.

I don't agree with your hate for the show (I like the show), but I do agree that this is a highly implausible plot hole. The story takes place in about 1998, not 1800. There are mass media. If several people die at the same school in a short time, that should be a national scandal. The town should be crawling with police, journalists, parapsychologists, conspiracists and other things.
Oct 5, 2018 11:14 PM

Jul 2016
JeremiahOrange said:
This episode is all lovey dovey, and I hate it.

The whole thing was SAKAKIBARA's fault, and I hate all the characters on the show. OFFICIALLY.

I hope I can flip through the rest of the episodes, because this is the worst horror show I have seen. Not only does Izumi and co. laugh about the incident like nothing has happened, but why don't they just GET OUTTA THE SCHOOL AND TRANSFER?

I find the plot completely batshit crazy but can't help watching to find out what happens next.

I just want to know who is dead! My money is on the grey haired dude!
Jan 2, 2019 10:36 PM

Jun 2015
honestly i like the plot and what's going on, but how does everyone just ignore several deaths in the same class for 20+ years? wouldn't the police or townspeople get fishy about it by the second or third year?
May 8, 2019 9:46 AM

Dec 2018
That last line by Mei, I wonder if she knows who's the dead one. Or maybe, she is the one. And I wonder why did her mother give her that name, assuming she knows of this incident.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 18, 2020 6:46 AM
Apr 2020
the day the teacher commited suicide is my birthday..
May 22, 2020 2:38 PM

Apr 2020
Holy.. The teachers suicide was gruesome af

Im glad we got some character development but i hope next episode isn't just fan service.
Jun 8, 2020 1:20 PM

Mar 2016
Not the best directed gory suicide scene but the moment when teacher looked and Kouichi was strong! And seeing how the students responded differently was good, it showed the chaos the teacher had caused.

The nightmare was a neat addition too. Good to see the MC finally getting emotional and question himself!
But how does Mei know that he's alive? Guess 'cause she's a relative of that 1st Misaki..? I hope Kouichi asks same questions later....

Izumi with her dejavu talks could be the dead one...

The future looks promising as now we know that there's a guy alive who'd saved his classmates from it...

The combination of cute slice of life beach scenes and some intense horror music in the end was freaking hillarious!! xD
Jul 4, 2020 6:35 AM

May 2018
Goodbye sensei lol. That dream was quite vivid as well.
Dec 4, 2020 12:39 PM
Apr 2016
That was fucking gruesome.. they really went all out with the gore. This show is pretty crazy.
May 7, 2021 5:49 AM
Feb 2021
May 21, 2021 2:06 PM
May 2021
my friends saying it's not a good anime but i really like the main characters
May 21, 2021 2:06 PM
May 2021
my friends saying it's not a good anime but i really like the main characters
Jun 11, 2021 9:20 AM

Feb 2021
Damn that teacher scene was gruesome! I loved that! Also Koichi's dream was pretty disturbing. Looks like the class trip will result in some more deaths according to me. Also that man from the café could have some answers to stop the curse mid-year. Also now I'm not pretty sure who might be the dead person. Well the 'head of countermeasures' girl seems sus but I ain't sure. Also the cherry dude with the jacket around his waist can be the one too cause you never know who's faking it. Also I'm not very sure about Mei now. The way she put it "Koichi-kun don't worry you're not the dead one...' It seems a bit sus to me.

Aug 10, 2021 3:44 AM
Mar 2020
damn my assumption was wrong. So who is the extra? hmmmmm. The dream sequence was very eery and disturbing, made my hair stand up a bit lol. Although, I think the logic is just dropping at this point, I think the anime is pretty fine. It's soundtrack is good at creating tension, but what for? well to spook you and fail miserably.

The plot is still a mess, I can't quite process every information they give me, but I'm sure Mei is hinting already who is the extra. And of course, a beach episode to see your favorite Another waifus in their smoking forms. NOOOOOOO YUKARI I WANTED TO SEE YOU IN THE BEACH AT LEAST :((((((((((((((((((((
Your existence doesn't matter because no one will notice if you never existed.
Oct 29, 2021 9:15 PM

Jan 2016
Bruh what??? The teacher killed himself in front of the students? The dead one still has to be Mei or Sakiki by now. Who else could it be? I am still leaning on it being Mei. Her comment at the end of the ep makes me even more convinced.
Nov 27, 2021 11:46 AM

Mar 2019
This whole "the dead one" situation feels confusing. Also how does Misaki know that? There's more to this.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 28, 2022 1:55 AM
May 2019
Hi Hiim hhhhhhhb. Nah. Jjjm
Nov 14, 2022 6:12 AM
Nov 2022
I have no words for this

Mar 14, 2023 6:01 AM

Dec 2022
Izumi doing something other than glaring angrily at Kouichi is nice. Seems like the rest of them stopped the "ignoring" thing too.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 22, 2023 11:16 AM

Aug 2019
Another awesome episode, definitely going to keep me up at night forever

I wonder who the dead person is though, I was so sure it was Kouichi, but now I'm not sure. I mean I guess it could also be Mei? I also wonder how they stopped the calamity before
Nov 16, 2023 10:20 PM

Dec 2019
A teacher kills himself in front of his students in a very gruesome way. Just another regular day in the town of Yomiyama.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.