Forums
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Post New Reply
Apr 27, 2013 1:01 PM

Screw mecha

Apr 27, 2013 1:05 PM

Manchild said:
SlothNamakemono said:
Mecha, I don't get why people don't see it's just the Power Rangers animated.

What? I mean if you said something like Gatchaman that would make sense, but how is something like Votoms anything like Power Rangers?
I don't think power rangers has politics either.

Apr 27, 2013 1:12 PM

I have overall been able to find at least a few anime in every genre that I can enjoy. I can't deny that I'm pretty sick of the slice of life high school romantic comedy type anime though, same with the kind of supernatural fighting ecchi stuff. That being said, like I mentioned, I have seen quite a few anime from those genres that I did like. I tend to not love sports anime and a lot of the shounen/mecha/magic girl anime aimed at a younger crowd(surprise surprise).

Apr 27, 2013 4:43 PM
I hate mecha! With the exception of course of Gurren Lagan and Code Geass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 27, 2013 5:09 PM

Mecha was okay. The political struggles could make for some interesting plot. I liked watching 08th MS team when I was a kid. G Gundam was kind of dumb. I don't understand liking mecha for the sake of mecha. To me, mecha is just a proxy for political intrigue. Mechas are a way to make warfare drama look a little more interesting with exotic technology.

To me, I can't imagine too many mecha anime being really good. People keep saying they want a mecha anime. But the way they put it makes it sound like they just want robots blowing each other up and more action in anime. I don't want or need more action in anime. I'll take another mecha anime only and if only there is a really good and legitimately mature plot. Legitimately mature, not "edgy" mature. As in good characterization, not focusing on dudes and guy perspective for the sake of it, only telling the winning side of war, only telling the combatant side of war, and an actually feasible plot with no ridiculousness or plot holes. Something I don't expect from a modern mecha anime.

I cannot stand the harem ecchi stuff. Ecchi jokes can be good. %90 of the time in anime today ecchi jokes are horrible. Oh my goodness, a peeping tom! Oh my goodness, peeping tom gets caught! No, please stop. I beg of thee.

And the harem genre is just the worst kind of illogical wish fulfillment. And gender biased. How many harem anime with a female main character surrounded by beautiful boys exist? Not many. On the other hand, the industry is loaded a man surrounded by bishoujo characters. So that the guy can feel like a surrogate in a fictional world of women. Because women/girls obviously would not have interest in a variety of men. No, no, they're all after you. No matter how many other girls you kiss in front of them. They only have eyes for you.

I understand love triangles and conflicting love interests. But this isn't love triangle stuff. This is just making female characters for the explicit purpose of taking interest in a surrogate male. Even if you like fanservice, this is taking things to unbelievable extremes. How people remove suspension of disbelief in these scenarios, I have no idea.

Apr 27, 2013 6:11 PM

The genre I care less is Sports anime but that just means I'll watch it less often, I don't have anything in particular I don't care about, unless it's some heavy hentai, there's some weird stuff out there I can't stand

Apr 27, 2013 6:17 PM
Moe_Nime said:
It has to be the Harem genre, It goes like this: main character has a perverted friend with no girlfriends whatsoever, main character helps girls only, Main character becomes loved by all the girls, Main character trips and falls on a girl (and ONLY a girl) resulting in him touching various places at least once every episode. And in the end he still doesn't realize he is loved by 5-10 girls..

Watch School Days.

Apr 27, 2013 7:35 PM

shoujo probably

yaoi '-'?

Apr 27, 2013 8:58 PM

Sport and yaoi, I'm not really against it but it's really not my thing :o .

Apr 27, 2013 9:57 PM

Shoujo isn't really my thing. Nor is Yaoi. I really, really don't care for mecha. Which is weird seeing as Gurren Lagann is probably my all time favorite.

Apr 27, 2013 10:01 PM

Mecha and Sports. Never my thing.

Apr 27, 2013 10:38 PM
Hentai, ecchi, yuri, yaoi
basically the animes I'd rather avoid are the ones I don't care about at all.

Apr 27, 2013 11:03 PM

I really dont mind any type. But the ones I usually dont try and watch are Mecha and mystery.

Apr 28, 2013 1:35 AM

I'm trying to avoid School/slice of life/romance/flashy moe/harem, sports, but more or less I enjoy equally any other genre. Though I'd rather give chance to any anime, despite of it;s genre, because it could turn out to be great.

Apr 28, 2013 1:58 AM

Mecha and things like that. I've seen a few shows that involve giants robots fighting and that's really all I need. I can't see how there are so many shows about some dispute in the future where its basically just fighting scenes with big robots.

Apr 28, 2013 2:05 AM

And to add:

Martial Arts, Cars, Mecha, Samurai, Military, Space, Sports, Kids, Police

Not my thing.

Apr 28, 2013 2:49 AM

All genres have their place. Avoiding them only limits the enjoyment of the medium. I find what turns me off more than anything is shoddy execution.

Apr 28, 2013 3:03 AM

I absolutety can't stand sports!

Apr 30, 2013 10:01 PM

Clannad style anime, anime with homosexuals in them, sports, drama, romance (And anything pertaining to romance), Lucky Star style anime (I am alright with watching slice of life but Lucky Star irritated me through every second of it), and I do not exactly know most or all genres so those are the ones that I can name off of the top of my head.
To the clueless people: my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire

Join if hate Clannad: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=12806&time=1389088639
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=41313

Apr 30, 2013 10:02 PM

Psychological ones. Ugh they make my braineat bricks

Apr 30, 2013 10:09 PM

LaffleurMiku said:
And to add:

Martial Arts, Cars, Mecha, Samurai, Military, Space, Sports, Kids, Police

Not my thing.

Isn't that, like 90 percent of anime there? What do you watch?
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!

Apr 30, 2013 10:10 PM

I guess harems, but I wouldn't really say that there are any.

Apr 30, 2013 10:12 PM

I avoid any show that has the potential to make me sad. And I don't mean kinda, sorta sad. I mean "I can't get out of bed" sad. It's the reason I refuse to watch Clannad. Although most of my favorite anime have put me into a type of depressive fit so... I may be a hypocrite and a liar.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!

Apr 30, 2013 10:19 PM

I've yet to see a genre that I don't like, I even like shoujo and josei and I'm a guy.

Apr 30, 2013 10:29 PM

Hmmmm....I find this to be a very tough question! In terms of genres I stay away from, it would have to be space, adventures, and possibly action. While I like having some action, I find that many animes tend to bore me by just being too focused on battles (Examples include Naruto, Bleach, and even some of the moments in Code Geass).

However, this doesn't mean that I'm not willing to sit down for a shorter series that is maybe 12-13 episodes as long as it includes an aspect of another genre. Some animes I tend not to look at are simply because of length, or they aren't interesting. Examples of these ones, of course, include Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tale, etc.

I guess it comes down to just a matter of story lines for me, although as mentioned, I tend to stray from certain Genres. Sci-fi, Hentai, Action, just long battles in general are a turn off.

May 1, 2013 1:47 AM

For me it's Sports, some Sci-Fi and some Mecha. There are exceptions though for me.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]

May 1, 2013 2:02 AM

Anything with a sniveling, whining bit%# as the MC. Guess that eliminates just about...everything.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~

May 1, 2013 2:53 AM

Ecchi.

And shit like Clannad, Angel beats, air, etc.

May 1, 2013 5:40 AM

none really, except in some mechas when there talkin about shit that doesnt make any sense at all. Fafner would be a good example

May 1, 2013 5:50 AM

Shounen AI. I also try to avoid Mecha as much as I can but I don't really mind if I watch it.

May 1, 2013 6:09 AM

Shounen.....I find them to be very childish
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?

May 1, 2013 10:44 AM

Beside yaoi/yuri and the likes, if it's interesting, I'd watch anything gladly, regardless of the genre (unless it's the typical shoujo with that characteristic drawing style, can't stand it).
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.

May 2, 2013 3:24 AM

Ecchi, because it usually goes overboard.

Lately shoujo, because it's all virtually the same. (Although I guess that stands for shounen as well.)

Harems and reverse harems, because I've watched a good amount of them and only liked OHSHC (and I liked it for the humor and Tamaki, everything else was whatever for me).

"Moe", because it always seems to entails uninteresting characters.

Of course, I'm still open to all of them, for the most part.

May 2, 2013 3:52 AM

Well i dont like anime where ALL the focous goes to the hero

I dont like extreme amounts of horror in an anime, unsupported by either animation style or comedy (Higurashi)
And yes, i was able to go through Elfen Lied and i loved Another

I also dont like Yaoi. Anything that is Yaoi is a turn off almost automatically

I also dont like crossdresser anime that focouses on the crossdressing, or is unsupported by good animation

May 2, 2013 5:00 AM

Shoujo because I cannot stand 12/24 episodes of a girl crying and thinking everyone is going to steal her boyfriend and lovey dovey kawaii.

May 2, 2013 5:11 AM

Strangely enough, I love sports, but I don't care for the sports anime genre. Perhaps it's my love of sports that makes me find them lackluster. I don't know, perhaps an anime will come along to change my image of the genre. I do have Kuroko no Basuke in my PTW and I've heard it's good.

I'm actually not a big fan of the horror/thriller genre either. There is an occasional series that I might like like Another or most recently, Crime Edge (I'm using thriller loosely with this series). For the most part though, not a big fan though. Elfen Lied turned me off from the genre quite a bit. People have suggested to me watch Higurashi or Mirai Nikki, but neither series seems all that appealing to me.

May 2, 2013 8:18 AM
Sports and sci-fi.

I can tolerate sci-fi when they are still understandable. But when it involves microbesgeneticsDNAatomsmoleculesmassNewton'stheory, I'm lost.

For sports, they never really interest me.

May 2, 2013 8:19 AM

Toucanbird said:
Strangely enough, I love sports, but I don't care for the sports anime genre. Perhaps it's my love of sports that makes me find them lackluster. I don't know, perhaps an anime will come along to change my image of the genre. I do have Kuroko no Basuke in my PTW and I've heard it's good.
Watch Ippo instead.

May 2, 2013 8:45 AM

anime with excessive plot armor for the MC,
it's just MEH

May 3, 2013 8:38 AM
A lot of genres, like shounen ai, yaoi, and sports are some of the ones i don't like, except for kuroko no basuke, since it's awesome!

May 3, 2013 8:42 AM

Vergelanimefan said:
I dont like extreme amounts of horror in an anime, unsupported by either animation style or comedy (Higurashi)
And yes, i was able to go through Elfen Lied and i loved Another

Violence doesn't equal horror, at least not in EL's case

May 3, 2013 9:07 AM

Harem and ecchi tend to really bug me.

May 3, 2013 9:52 AM

-Mecha with the exception of Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari.
-Full romance packed with drama and tragedy.
-Yaoi *shivers*
-Sports except those really good ones like Hajime no Ippo and Slum Dunk.
-Bordeline hentai.
- Fantasy featuring mahou shoujo girls on their sparkling outfits.

May 3, 2013 8:08 PM

Ecchi

May 3, 2013 8:11 PM
IntroverTurtle said:
Toucanbird said:
Watch Ippo instead.

And one outs

May 3, 2013 9:31 PM

Drama I guess. I usually get pretty upset at it. It's kinda pathetic now that I think about it.

May 3, 2013 9:37 PM

Battle Shonen.
Its repetitive and only interesting to watch for like the first 10 episodes then its just boring.
Plus the characters usually suck.

May 3, 2013 10:31 PM

According to my MALgrapgh, my three lowest genres are horror, dementia, and ecchi.

I don't think I have enough horror anime on my list to determine if that's true, and I have no clue what kind of genre "dementia" is.

I definitely can say ecchi though. I don't have a problem with fanservice, but I hate it when it becomes excessive and and has nothing to do with what's going on. Like when during a scene the perspective is angled so you can look up the girl's skirts. It ends up taking away from the scene, which is especially bad if it's supposed to be dramatic or romantic.

May 3, 2013 10:57 PM

Sport- Not a fan of real sports so I'm not into anime versions either.

Mecha- 99% of them have the same set up as the original Mobile Suit Gundam. There are a few I enjoy however, like Gundam Wing, 08th MS Team, and The Big O. I like Evangelion but I don't consider it a mecha.

Harem- If you've watched one harem you've watched them all. Reused jokes and fan service gets old.

Romance- They're cheesy, plus most other genres have some form of romance forced in anyways.

Comedy- Just not into them, though I've only seen anime with other genres mixed in like romance or harem as opposed to just comedy itself.

Slice of Life- I don't find it interesting to watch people live everyday ordinary lives, if I wanted to do that I'd just... live my everyday ordinary life.

Shounen- Pretty much all the same thing with about 85% similarity to each other. Shit, you might as well just watch Dragon Ball and be done with the genre forever.
Modified by Shrabster, May 3, 2013 11:12 PM

May 4, 2013 9:21 AM
I hate harems. Well, I'm a girl so it doesn't really appeal to me... especially since I get annoyed with love triangles and if it becomes a love octagon then that makes it even worse lol.

I don't particularly like Yaoi either if it's just all about the fanservice......... haha.
follow me on tumblr (i follow back, unless your some bloody yugiohentai blog lol)
http://xoxotaku.tumblr.com

Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »