Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 17, 2012 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
Flawfinder said:

Considering I haven't exactly been secret with the fact that he's one of my most hated characters ever (although for slightly different reasons than most of his haters), I would say no, I couldn't come up with a better reason. Like I said, they couldn't flashback to more than one actually meaningful moment between Shu and Inori when she was held captive and started missing him, because there aren't any.

Despite the fact that they were living in the same apartment, going to the same school and part of the same Terrorist Organisation together. There are few, very few, moments which can be used to show the strenght of their relationship, the things upon which their relationship is based on. Nothing Forced Here. Of course the writers really didn't bother to try to build these moments into the story.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Mar 18, 2012 4:05 PM
Mar 2012
Articman said:

Despite the fact that they were living in the same apartment, going to the same school and part of the same Terrorist Organisation together. There are few, very few, moments which can be used to show the strenght of their relationship, the things upon which their relationship is based on. Nothing Forced Here. Of course the writers really didn't bother to try to build these moments into the story.

There were more than they showed imo..but yes there are very few solid moments. But honestly, how long have they been around each other? You'd have to invent a lot of BS to give more moments then they had. A relationship doesn't require a strong foundation, contrary to popular belief. Ppl who love each other just do, not because they have some history of strong moments that brought them closer and closer lol.

Ppl like the whole friendship -> romance thing but that just doesn't happen very often. Friendship generally stays friendship, and romance occurs from mutual attraction that does not require friendship at all to ignite. I'm glad they didnt force a bunch of cheesy moments into the storyline. Would have been a waste of time imo...action is the priority after all.
Mar 18, 2012 6:56 PM

Sep 2011
amradio said:
Articman said:

There were more than they showed imo..but yes there are very few solid moments. But honestly, how long have they been around each other? You'd have to invent a lot of BS to give more moments then they had. A relationship doesn't require a strong foundation, contrary to popular belief. Ppl who love each other just do, not because they have some history of strong moments that brought them closer and closer lol.

Ppl like the whole friendship -> romance thing but that just doesn't happen very often. Friendship generally stays friendship, and romance occurs from mutual attraction that does not require friendship at all to ignite. I'm glad they didnt force a bunch of cheesy moments into the storyline. Would have been a waste of time imo...action is the priority after all.

Not it's not... It's story, would you rather watch 22 episodes of a bunch of people you feel nothing about doing action??
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 21, 2012 10:27 PM

Oct 2011
Shu's an interesting character for me. At first I thought he was a big pussy, then he seemed cool, then back to being a pussy, rinse, repeat. When Hare died I remember thinking, "yay maybe he'll finally grow some balls." He did, but sort of turned into a tyrant. I started liking him a little more after he lost his king's power, and once he gained it back he turned pretty badass (only took him like 19 episodes or so).

Personally I like him, not one of my all time faves, but I was pleasantly surprised with how he turned out.
May 22, 2012 8:42 PM

Aug 2011
Hes meh.
May 30, 2012 9:59 AM
May 2012
from the hideous sore loser to a savior!?
JafriZinJun 12, 2012 1:37 AM
Jul 22, 2012 12:08 PM
May 2012
Ouma shu is almost like a real life character who didn't want to stand out,hated to get involved in dangerous activites,an ordinary boy who has crushes,kind and generous and when he realized he had the power to protect everyone he sacrificed himself even he had to go to the dark side.
A noble hero.Yeah right!!! get back to the world of the living.nonetheless he was a perfect ideal character.I will say that on guilty crown he is the character with most promise.
Sep 3, 2014 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
for most of episodes i think he's a whimp ,but in episode 15 after hare died thats when ilike him
Sep 4, 2014 12:11 AM

Nov 2012
The sole fact that he grows throughout the anime is reason enough to like him. This isn't Naruto where the main character has no development whatsoever. Shu started as an ignorant teen with a lack of self esteem, grew into a soldier/terrorist with a bit of self esteem, broke apart under stress and became pitiful again, pulled himself together and joined the fight again, became devastated at the loss of a dear friend and snapped, held up the facade of being an asshole to get people to follow him, got betrayed and sunk to rock bottom, where he decided that giving up was not an option and rose again to the top, only to still lose everything he cared about right at the very end.
You can say what you want, but with him, there were ups and downs which made him interesting and believable. Unlike most shounen brats who keep on blabbering about friendship all the time to pull ridiculous power ups out of their arses constantly. I can safely say that most of us, if faced with the same scenario as Shu, would have either fared the same or worse. I know I would have.

I sing for my people, I sing for my friends
I sing for justice, so that the world finally ends
I sing for my father who rests high above
and also for my mother who I deeply love
But as I sing I wonder, what is it for?
when there is no one who sings for me anymore...
Oct 16, 2014 7:03 AM

Sep 2011
Damn I tell ya the people will pull hyperbole to convince someone why you like such a main character like him, the same reason, these people will find ridiculous reasons to dislike the other main character. It's just ridiculous to compare Naruto to Shu. It's apple and orange.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
May 29, 2016 7:15 PM
Dec 2015
Every single character in the anime has to know that they seriously gotta GIVE SHU A BREAK! He was just an ordinary student until a while ago and they keep pressuring him even after he was forced to kill Jun against his own will. And surprise surprise... in the following episode they blamed him for their failed mission.
May 29, 2016 7:17 PM
Dec 2015
VoidGenome said:
The sole fact that he grows throughout the anime is reason enough to like him. This isn't Naruto where the main character has no development whatsoever. Shu started as an ignorant teen with a lack of self esteem, grew into a soldier/terrorist with a bit of self esteem, broke apart under stress and became pitiful again, pulled himself together and joined the fight again, became devastated at the loss of a dear friend and snapped, held up the facade of being an asshole to get people to follow him, got betrayed and sunk to rock bottom, where he decided that giving up was not an option and rose again to the top, only to still lose everything he cared about right at the very end.
You can say what you want, but with him, there were ups and downs which made him interesting and believable. Unlike most shounen brats who keep on blabbering about friendship all the time to pull ridiculous power ups out of their arses constantly. I can safely say that most of us, if faced with the same scenario as Shu, would have either fared the same or worse. I know I would have.

Finally a voice of reason.
May 29, 2016 7:19 PM
Dec 2015
SongstressAeris said:
Shu's an interesting character for me. At first I thought he was a big pussy, then he seemed cool, then back to being a pussy, rinse, repeat. When Hare died I remember thinking, "yay maybe he'll finally grow some balls." He did, but sort of turned into a tyrant. I started liking him a little more after he lost his king's power, and once he gained it back he turned pretty badass (only took him like 19 episodes or so).

Personally I like him, not one of my all time faves, but I was pleasantly surprised with how he turned out.
Dude however you consider him a "pussy", you have to know that any teenage guy who is suddenly forced into this kind of ordeal will break down right? The other undertakers are not helping much to this fact as they keep pressuring him and asking him to grow a backbone when he is down in the dumps after killing Jun.
Jan 30, 2020 10:11 PM

Aug 2017
Absolute hatred and one of my most hated MCs ever.

He had no redeeming traits and was overpowered for no reason of his own. He really sucked.
Dec 28, 2020 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
ZeroKamikaze said:
yea i like him, he was a weakling but he was fighting with all he had and became better as a character, he turned out to be the most interesting character in guilty crown to me

I didn't vote because there is no "He is OK" option.
Shu is like another Kira Yamato imo. Not just in terms of looks but in personality too.

removed-userDec 28, 2020 5:41 PM
Jun 29, 2021 9:40 PM
Dec 2017
He's basically one of the most pathetic weakling of a character since Yuki from Future Diary.

Jan 20, 2022 3:25 AM
Oct 2021
Shu is without a doubt the worst written main character that I have ever seen in any anime.

He keeps getting betrayed, manipulated, lied to, but he never learns. He keeping up his generic self-sacrifice good guy MC trope beyond when any rational character would stop.
His actions, personality, and the situations he goes through do not line up at all. I believe the author or the anime director majorly failed in designing his character.

This anime has it's fill of things I found to be irritating, watching this anime became painful because of how bad I found the characters, but Shu absolutely takes the cake in that regard.
Jan 20, 2022 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
See I like characters that turn their personality 180 degrees after something traumatic happened to them. Plus he became such a badass.
Lastly he was the object of his sister's incestuous obsession and when he qas called usurper by Gai, I got wet no joke.
Mar 26, 2022 4:16 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Definitely hated him during several occasions, or at least hated his actions. Now that I've finished it recently, he's actually not THAT bad. But I still don't give much of a f*ck about him or anything else from the anime in general. I chose the "I don't care" option.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.