Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2012 8:51 PM

Oct 2009
Epic EPISODE SO FAR!! I was proud of Yuki being more cool and manly even if it was scripted. He was still amazing and was able to kill someone w/o vomiting or freaking out. Oh Yuno, how much I love her in this episode XD! If that's really her name o.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2012 9:07 PM

Feb 2010
Dam this ep is pretty badass. I fcken love it when Yukki betrayed 8th.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2012 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
What I Like On This Episode Is Yuki's Badass Motherfuckin' Expressions And They Way Of Killing People. Can't Wait For The Next Episode.

Feb 20, 2012 9:29 PM

Mar 2010
I can already see that they've starting rushing this anime. I think it's managing well, but, I still hate to see it be rushed and not neat at all. Yuuki had a huge transformation this episode, I know he was acting and all, but damn, didn't see that killing coming at all from him. Yuno is same old Yuno. Killing, all day. But, whoa. Something happened at the end and I'm kind of following but not quite. Looking forward to the next!
Feb 21, 2012 1:57 AM

Dec 2011
shit just got real, son!

Feb 21, 2012 2:11 AM

Feb 2011
Dang they skipped Akise visiting the orphanage segment....would have made that revelation a little better but I guess time constraints didn't permit it.
Feb 21, 2012 4:03 AM

Oct 2008
SinDeLuXe said:
Lee_Man said:
Don't know whether to give this or Guilty Crown the award for worst story

Why? The story itself is great. It's the characters who act like there's a "most illogical person" contest going on which everyone wants to win. I'm not sure wether to give my vote to the police or Yukki...

Theres an abundance of plot armour, plot holes and character stupidity in each episode of the story. In this episode it was how a bunch of young teenagers managed to get firearms, smoke grenades and machetes, how Yuki's character turned a full 180 degrees during this episode, and why anyone actually cares that Yuno isn't her real name when they have done much worse things throughout the anime, like kill a dozen children. But I guess the latter two can be explained by 'every character in this show is batshit insane.'

I'm not even going to go on about previous episodes because they are much worse.
Feb 21, 2012 5:28 AM

Oct 2011
two yunos is too much! just when you think this show can't get any more twisted in it's convolutions, it gets even more tangled up - another piece of genius! also - didn't yuno look amazing in that black dress! great costume choice!!!
octal9Feb 21, 2012 5:33 AM
Feb 21, 2012 5:53 AM

May 2008
Was this episode directed by M.Night Shyamalan?
Feb 21, 2012 6:30 AM

Apr 2011
Wow Yuki made a bada** entance with Yuno!!!
And he changed completely, before he couldn't even see someone dead and now he shoots them, being cool!!

And, now we have two Yuno's??? WTF happend??
Anyway, very good episode, and judgeing from what happened we have a lot more twisted plots to see!
Feb 21, 2012 6:37 AM
May 2011
This series is confusing me. Yukiteru changed too fast and too drastically, 8th is a stupid character, 11th was revealed too easily and WTF the third body is Yuno. i hope it gets a good ending, because this is getting hard to understand.
Rating things is overrated.
Feb 21, 2012 7:06 AM

Feb 2012
Lee_Man said:
SinDeLuXe said:
Lee_Man said:
Don't know whether to give this or Guilty Crown the award for worst story

Why? The story itself is great. It's the characters who act like there's a "most illogical person" contest going on which everyone wants to win. I'm not sure wether to give my vote to the police or Yukki...

Theres an abundance of plot armour, plot holes and character stupidity in each episode of the story. In this episode it was how a bunch of young teenagers managed to get firearms, smoke grenades and machetes, how Yuki's character turned a full 180 degrees during this episode, and why anyone actually cares that Yuno isn't her real name when they have done much worse things throughout the anime, like kill a dozen children. But I guess the latter two can be explained by 'every character in this show is batshit insane.'

I'm not even going to go on about previous episodes because they are much worse.

I always say Guilty Crown. That anime breaks its OWN rules of logic for the convenience of the story and it doesn't have much to distract you from its own wretched story. Future Diary at least manages to make sense within its own world. Besides, Yuki hasn't gone through a 180 degree change. He's more determined now, but he still needed a script and Yuno's help to do what he did this episode (and yes, I know that even with a script, he probably shouldn't have been able to change that fast, but it's a better justification than what Shu went through). As for the caring about Yuno thing...watch next episode.

As for the weapons thing, I honestly don't know. I never paid attention to that though because Future Diary has enough good things in it to distract me. As Harrison Ford once said (rephrased), "if people are complaining about a small thing like that, then we haven't done our job".
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Feb 21, 2012 7:34 AM

Aug 2007
Ahaha, I guess they got inspired by the lovelydovey couple of the previous episodes. Anyhow, this makes Yuno's nickname more ironic, being a

Finally, this show got better without whining.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Feb 21, 2012 8:02 AM
Dec 2009
As someone mentioned on page 1, if you rewatch the first 40 seconds of episode one, you get a sense of what happened.

My Speculations :(I have NOT read the manga, just my thoughts derived from this current episode and rewatching the start of episode 1)

KingOfNoodlesFeb 21, 2012 8:09 AM
Feb 21, 2012 8:04 AM

Dec 2011
Wow Im just shocked. The Gasai we know isnt the real Gasai. D:
Feb 21, 2012 12:15 PM

Feb 2008
furuabes said:
I guessed something like that at the beginning of the show. So Yuno maybe has already won the game (or a game before that) and became god, but for some reason didn't like the way things turned out (maybe the 2nd ED is the result of that?), so she decided to recreate the game in order to set things right (and not have Yukki die?) and in order to do so, she had to kill herself in this "time"?
Sounds reasonable I think.

Lol. That's all i gotta say.
Feb 21, 2012 12:45 PM

Dec 2011
Yuno pulls out a gun on 11th.
Yuno: "We win."
11th: "Oh really, I..." *bullet through the head*
Yukki and Yuno high five.
Feb 21, 2012 1:04 PM

May 2008
phnsr said:
if only Yuno would shoot 11th before he could finish talking.. XD
Feb 21, 2012 1:30 PM

Nov 2011
phnsr said:

Honestly...I was thinking to myself during that scene the same thing: "SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM WHY ARE YOU WAITING???" This show...:P

Anyway, wow did not see two Yuno's coming. It get's harder and harder to wait for next week's episode....
Feb 21, 2012 2:41 PM

Dec 2011
Yukki should just make his fucking mind, whether he likes Yuno or not. I'm tired of Yuno being black-mailed every goddamn episode. And Yukki is always "OH NOES I DON'T KNOW WAHT TO DO!"

Adorkable_Izaya said:
phnsr said:
if only Yuno would shoot 11th before he could finish talking.. XD
This lol, "omg they are coming, I can't pull trigger omg!"

*Facepalm*
Feb 21, 2012 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
... I feel like an episode is missing xD Awesome none the less
Feb 21, 2012 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
How to terribly deliver an episode-closure plot twist 101.
Let's not even go about the "point the gun to the head but don't shoot because it's not the last episode yet"...

Beyond that...

Edefrem said:
katsu044 said:

What is this i don't even

Yay!!!!! It wasn't only me! :D

We're all together in this!
Feb 21, 2012 6:16 PM

Oct 2008
Lee_Man said:
why anyone actually cares that Yuno isn't her real name when they have done much worse things throughout the anime

I came into this thread to ask that very thing. So she's not the real Yuno. So what? And just kill eleventh and eighth already.
Feb 21, 2012 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
How the hell does Yuki know how to drive a car? How old is he supposed to be again? Yuno tells him to put it in high gear, which sort of suggests that the car is manual transmission. If the car was automatic I guess I could buy it that he could drive it without too much of a problem, but if it was supposed to be a manual than I'm sorry but that's just bullshit.

And then I'm sorry but WTF WHY DIDN'T YUNO SHOOT THEM?! She had her gun in his face and just decided to talk to him instead...

And then why is Yuki so shocked to hear that Yuno isn't the 'real' Yuno? Sure, it might be kind of shocking to find out but after everything he's seen her do I can't see why he would care so much about this new piece of information.

This anime just has way too many stupid inconsistencies. Like... the size of Eighth's head. It freaks me out every time I see it.
Feb 22, 2012 12:27 AM

Mar 2009
I would have been surprised by the ending twist were it not for people all over the internet spoiling it incessantly. =\

Am I the only one that finds it strange that both Yukki and Shu Ouma(Guilty Crown, obviously) are basically going through the same transformation, at the same exact time. Seriously, they're both so similar, except Yukki isn't nowhere near as annoying.
Feb 22, 2012 2:33 AM

Feb 2012
People are probably going to hate me for this, but I couldn't help myself from making it.

Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water.
Feb 22, 2012 4:33 AM

Jul 2010
Most of time, not reading the manga first is a good thing. Thus, I was pretty surprised at the ending. Also, Yuki seemed to finally let loose his inner badass, but yet he still get embarrassed seeing girls in their underwear...*rolleyes*
Feb 22, 2012 4:51 AM
Aug 2009
But that episode was this? I had no reaction when they discovered that the corpse was the third Yuno, but this leaves me confused supposedly never know the real Yuno, but this has always proved to be obsessed with Yuki, why? It also explains how Mirai Nikki began, we see someone in the house of Juno to be killed by Yuki and screaming, then that was the real Yuno ... Oh so much to discover, anyway some time now that I think Yuno kill Yuki will try to think and even predictable, hope it's not so we'll see.
But this episode was great!
I love the team Minene / Akise / Nishijima xD
Yuki is so much better, but did not like how he was indifferent when Juno killed the girl who was talking to him, I confess that I felt sorry for her. Although he said he will become God and give them the desire, less badly xD

I liked the Eighth and the reason they want to make God the Eleventh seems like a good villain, but do not like him. And I still bet that the next to die will be Minene after the Eighth, Eleventh and will last for.
ByTheWayImGabsFeb 22, 2012 5:12 AM
Feb 22, 2012 7:48 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
o.O if actual Gasai Yuno is dead. then who the hell is that impostor o.O????

Oh and finally Yuki is close to being non pusssy coward than past 18 episodes..
Feb 22, 2012 9:13 AM

Nov 2007
either way you look at it Yuki is still a pansy and Yuno is still an evil psychotic bitch.

and 8th is some giant ridiculous looking muppet

the mayor would be the only sane choice to win despite being a bad guy.

oh and Yuki betraying 8th was pretty fucked up. if the dude wants to be a man though he would have to ditch that evil bitch.
Feb 22, 2012 11:12 AM

May 2008
....she's a fake?

...what the mind fuck..what is happening...

Also Yuki driving a car LOL WHAT....

Feb 22, 2012 1:50 PM

Jan 2012
I just remembered. In the first episode it shows Yuno being killed.
There comes into play the fake Yuno.

Of course, I didn't pay any mind to that til just now.
Feb 22, 2012 1:53 PM

Oct 2008
Due to the original opening, I always figured the third person was Yuno's twin sister. That would explain why she kept the skull at least.
Feb 22, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2011
Brave acting Yukki is mega awks to watch.
Feb 22, 2012 6:05 PM

May 2009
Stunfisk said:
For people talking about the pacing, the TV adaptation has taken the manga down to a tee, so what we are seeing is pretty much exactly as it was paced in the manga which is awesome.
Exactly. I'm surprised (in a very good way) at how close this is to the manga. I just hope they change the ending.
Feb 23, 2012 11:46 AM

Apr 2011
I didn't know 13 year olds could drive lol. But this episode was awesome overall.
I wonder if Yuno is from the past, just a thought.
Feb 23, 2012 3:55 PM

Jun 2009
Yukkii was such a G in the begining I thought I missed an ep o_O.

Man I'm still leary of Yuno but if Yukkii has made up his mind, i guess there's no reason to dislike her anymore (aside from the fact that she's a psychopath). When she came running down the hill...pure gold

Grrr the text are hard to read in white
Love Akise! I felt that she was an impostor when that police guy mentioned that she was adopted. lololol it's not really surprising at all. So she killed a random fam though?
Feb 23, 2012 8:41 PM

Aug 2011
This episode started out good, then it got REALLY fucking stupid REALLY fucking fast. I don't even want to go into details.

*facepalm*
Feb 24, 2012 2:12 AM

Mar 2008
Soooo Yuno has a twin? Or shes unrelated? Makes no sense =/
Feb 24, 2012 9:33 AM

Jul 2011
Saw "Yuno" replacing a diffrent yuno right from the first minute of this episode.

Damn this show is so damn stupid, but I can't. stop. watching.
Feb 24, 2012 10:23 AM

Feb 2008
traed said:
Soooo Yuno has a twin? Or shes unrelated? Makes no sense =/

It'll all make sense at the end :-)
Feb 24, 2012 12:39 PM

Jan 2012
OMG this is so freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I loved this ep!!! cant wait for nxt wks! :D :D :D

Feb 24, 2012 3:11 PM

Feb 2012
This was a great episode! Glad to see things heating up and badass Yuki was a VERY welcome change. I thought at first that it was too out of character for him, but it makes sense. If you can become a god and bring everyone back to life, then there's no reason to be sad about those who died and certainly no reason to feel guilty about murder.

And Gasai Yuno has been dead all this time! So excited to see how this plays out! The moment when Yuki lets go of her hand was fantasically done.

I only have one complaint. When Yuno had the mayor cornered with a gun, why didn't she just shoot him and 8th and be done with it? I suppose he could've predicted it with his diary and what not, but I don't see how he could've dodged the bullet at close range.

Speaking of 11th's diary, do we know what it does yet?
Feb 24, 2012 10:35 PM
Jan 2011
Kerozinn said:
yuno is yuno.watch the current OP and u might notice somthing about yuno. or even better. watch the first 20 seconds of mirai nikki episode 1.

I'd totally forgot about that part!!! O.O
Love is baka power

Feb 25, 2012 2:53 AM

Dec 2009
Alahric said:
People are probably going to hate me for this, but I couldn't help myself from making it.

Hahahahahah!! This is pure Win xD
Feb 25, 2012 10:58 AM

Jul 2010
I...is Bad Ass Yukiteru gone already? I was actually *gasp* LIKING him in this episode. He shot people. A lot of them. And didn't cry.

Now he's going to be the usual Yuki-bitch again because he was lied to by a girl who is basically sacrificing herself at every moment for him.

Also, Yuno had the shot at the mayor in the car. In a true and just world, she would have popped him in the head. Mayor, done. Next diary.

Then again, wouldn't make for good drama. Oh well. Anticipating next week's episode. :D
Feb 25, 2012 1:04 PM

May 2011
Holy shit the last body is Yuno? I still think that Yuno standing right there is real though, hmm either way that she's still in love with Yukki and that ain't gunna change I don't think. Bad ass Yukki was cool to watch, no mercy on the orphan kids or the guards. Nice, but it sure was weird to watch.

I can't fucking wait for the next episode, wondering what the hell is going on. This is getting really epic as it gets closer and closer to the end.

Feb 25, 2012 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
Dorkface18 said:
I...is Bad Ass Yukiteru gone already?

Don't worry. He'll still be badass ~
Feb 25, 2012 4:00 PM
Mar 2009
The only downside to me is that Yuki is acting way too herbavoirish when Yuno changes in front of him. Of course, since his bad-ass speeches are really an act he puts on for her sake, I guess that is consistent.

But still... breasts, esp. those of your loyal girlfriend, are meant for more than shyly hiding from...
Feb 25, 2012 9:50 PM

May 2009
Dorkface18 said:
I...is Bad Ass Yukiteru gone already? I was actually *gasp* LIKING him in this episode. He shot people. A lot of them. And didn't cry.

Now he's going to be the usual Yuki-bitch again because he was lied to by a girl who is basically sacrificing herself at every moment for him.

Also, Yuno had the shot at the mayor in the car. In a true and just world, she would have popped him in the head. Mayor, done. Next diary.

Then again, wouldn't make for good drama. Oh well. Anticipating next week's episode. :D

If Yuno was to shoot 11th, he would have seen it on his diary. Even tough he was at gunpoint, he knew he wouldn't be killed, since his dead end flag didn't rise. He was never in any danger actually.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Yesterday

22 by Otakupervert890 »»
56 minutes ago

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

364 by Konyalianimekizi »»
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

219 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 14, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.