Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 27, 2012 12:21 AM

Apr 2009
What happen? where is episode 21?
Feb 27, 2012 2:52 AM

Oct 2011
No episode this week...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2012 8:11 AM
Aug 2011
far better than previous episodes. Good job, mad house!!!
But why this week doesn't have???
Feb 28, 2012 12:11 PM

Nov 2007
Why no episode this week?
Feb 28, 2012 12:55 PM

Feb 2012
Seems like Nippon TV is streaming live some event in Tokyo in the timeslot of Hunter x Hunter.
Feb 28, 2012 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
It was meh, I can see Madhouse is trying to improve. There definitely were some improvements with this episode, but over all I still think the 1999 anime was better. Oh and for the love of god please change that god awful ending song already. Every time an episode finished i have to spam the stop button. Crappy scream-o music and Hunter x Hunter don't mix well...
Feb 29, 2012 6:35 PM

Jul 2011
Salce said:
Seems like Nippon TV is streaming live some event in Tokyo in the timeslot of Hunter x Hunter.

Aw . _ .
Mar 1, 2012 1:24 AM
May 2007
Music played during Killua and Illumi conversation was a hell of a distraction!

Mar 1, 2012 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
Just a few more days for the next episode.. Too long!! >_<
I hope they don't change OP or ED for the next season.

Can't wait for the arc after the zoldyck estate arc, at the tower. Especially the fight between Hisoka and Gon, I hope they make it even more epic!!
lzumi-chanMar 1, 2012 7:59 AM
Mar 6, 2012 12:32 AM
Apr 2011
Great shit.
Apr 28, 2012 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
I cried what.

This is the first time I can say the remake not only lived up to the manga, but actually surpassed the original anime. Sure, the background music was ridiculous while Illumi was being a creeper, but they portrayed the effects on Killua perfectly and Illumi was pretty much nailed. So happy omg. ;w; This will forever be one of my favourite (and, in a caring about the characters way, most hated) scenes. Killua was already pretty firmly set as one of my favourite characters of all time. I think he's staying there forever now.

I think I can get over the censorship if the remake keeps proving itself like this. It's just different, but that's alright. At least they're letting us see lots of blood. c':

...Now I'm done.

*STABS ILLUMI and is probably murdered before she gets close what.*
May 2, 2012 1:13 AM
Feb 2011
Curse the 99 worshipers.
You guys never come to 99's forum dispite your profound love.
Fuck you.

I'm not the one trolling.
They are .
There is a forum they can praise the 99 ver, but no. They just love comming here and lecture how it lacks "atmosphere" which didin't even exist in the manga.

Yes, I am pleading for the 2011 ver witch I don't think is perfect either.
If someone has to stop the stupid 99 vs 2011, let this post out the end to it.
May 16, 2012 3:46 PM

Jul 2009
Excellent episode, I definitely preferred it to the original anime version.
Jun 12, 2012 8:57 PM

Jan 2012
killua have officially gone emo.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 27, 2012 1:15 PM

Nov 2010
Probably one of the better episodes I've seen recently. 5/5
Jul 13, 2012 5:11 AM

Jun 2009
Excellent. Personally I think this was better done than the first anime and, even though I enjoyed seeing the fight between Kurapika and Hisoka in the first series it's no big deal considering how well done the rest of the episode was. Since I've been marathoning the series it was no surprised at all that Killua said he wanted to be friends with Gon.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 7, 2012 12:01 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode, Killua has has now gone crazy. I really didn't expect Killua to get disqualified. And I'm really curious to what Hisoka whispered to Kurapika.

5/5
Aug 18, 2012 2:50 AM

Apr 2009
That was some great drama as well as setups and foreshadowing. And the sound environment was fitting though the whole episode for once, I hope at this point they understand those grand orchestral tracks destroy the mood by being so disruptive 99% of the time. The best episode so far, that was really fucking good.
Aug 28, 2012 1:42 AM

Dec 2011
very good episode. i hate illumi.
Sep 4, 2012 6:42 PM

Mar 2007
NJZanDatsu said:
MM-Rosiie said:
Killua. </3

We go to his house next. :D

Yup! we're gonna see Killua's crazy family =D

I love how much Killua wants to be friends with Gon. One of the many great things about this series is their friendship. <3
Sep 8, 2012 9:46 AM
Sep 2009
Good episode but I'm sad that they cut short other fights, especially Kurapika's and Hisoka's.
Feb 23, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2012
i love illumi, killua and their whole fucked up family
"when you stabbed her, mom cried tears... of joy"

as for the episode though, i actually didnt find it too amazing. the heartaches of assassin lonelyboy #34 dont really affect me. a little of it is the cheerful lighting and a lot of it is the soundtrack, which i find seriously lacking. phase 1 judge being a narrator dampened the drama too.

wtf moment was finding out killua was the one disqualified, scary eyes happened there.
NinahFeb 23, 2013 1:16 PM
Jun 7, 2013 10:09 PM

Nov 2011
Killua's brother is a dick....wow.
Jun 7, 2013 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode, it was good in the original and good here.

Though it isn't as good as the 99 version (I know you guys hate hearing it).

The main reason is Illumi's actor just isn't as intimidating. Nor is the scene directed as intensely which made it so immersive in the original. Don't get me wrong, I like how the new actor acts him out (makes him seem very strange) but he doesn't have quite the punch or creep factor for a scene like this. This was one of the best episodes in the original so I wasn't expecting it to top it.

But yeah a great episode nonetheless which was very enjoyable.
Jun 10, 2013 12:00 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode, but I wanted to see Hisoka and Kurapika in action like in the old version .
Jul 23, 2013 1:23 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
Damn that was quite a tragic backstory of Killua and his brother wow.
What is the song called when they was talking? That song was great.
4/5
Jul 30, 2013 3:19 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm I was kind of hoping to see the fights play out, but it's interesting that Hisoka whispered something to both Kurapika and that old man, I wonder what he could have said and if it has meaning later. And I take back my comment from last episode's thread, Hanzo's explanation about why he surrendered to Gon really did add to just how impressive Gon really is - how he has qualities that aren't just brute strength.

Big turn of events with Killua as well, his brother and Hisoka have been working together throughout the exam so I wonder if they're planning something once they become hunters.
Sep 8, 2013 5:35 AM
Mar 2012
No one gave a shit about bodoro, not the characters, not the narrator, not the viewers, funny how people felt sad for killua, he's the one who killed right? The magic of anime, makes what's wrong seem right.
Dec 1, 2013 3:31 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode ,i think that was the first great episode of hunter x hunter it was intense ,cool ,clever and overall well made with some great osts .
Especially Killua's theme which it is so heartwarming ,i can't stop listening to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTgdsI65ZEc
Dec 31, 2013 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
fuck! why did Killua had to kill that old kung-fu fighter??

great episode though
Jan 25, 2014 9:22 PM
Aug 2013
great episode! I love how killua cares about gon so much
Mar 5, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
sad episode. Its disturbing how a-moral the Hunter Examiners are. How could they let people like Hisoka and Illumi when they're obviously shady people that will use their Hunter bages for evil. Illumi especially since he admitted that he just wanted the hunter badge in order to assassinate someone.

Its disturbing how this show takes death and killing rather lightly as well.
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 5, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2014
Thund3r1 said:
sad episode. Its disturbing how a-moral the Hunter Examiners are. How could they let people like Hisoka and Illumi when they're obviously shady people that will use their Hunter bages for evil. Illumi especially since he admitted that he just wanted the hunter badge in order to assassinate someone.

If you're one of those who take it out on the show when something 'unfair' and 'immoral' happens and nobody gets punched in the face for it, you're gonna have a bad time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2014 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
^^ Imagine on the latter arcs..... I already can picture what will be posted hahahahaha
Someone feels like will be disappointed.... :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 5, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2009
Thund3r1 said:

Well, why they would let Illumi pass should be answered shortly. I'm sure you'll not like it though. I strongly disagree with the show taking death lightly, though. It's just it is an accepted risk of the Hunter Exam, these people have every opportunity to quite if they want to.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 7, 2014 8:51 AM

May 2013
Didn't Hisoka tell Netero that one of the reasons he wants to become a hunter is to kill without facing any legal consequences? And Illumi asked if he can kill everyone in the room and keep his license lol. Damn HxH needs more of Illumi, he is awesome and reminds me of Itachi xD
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 28, 2014 11:37 PM

Aug 2013
I'm confused... he can change his face with those needles... but wouldn't Killua have realised that it was his brother when he had all these pins in his body? I don't get it... I hope it's explained.

EDIT: Wiki'd... I think I get it now... even if I spoiled myself a bit.
Mar 28, 2014 11:41 PM

Jul 2013
Ferolex said:
I'm confused... he can change his face with those needles... but wouldn't Killua have realised that it was his brother when he had all these pins in his body? I don't get it... I hope it's explained.
You think Killua must have already come across those pins?

Funny how the opposite sort of occurs later on, but I won't specify what I mean.
Apr 24, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
i was expecting Killua to be the one who wouldnt pass the exam but i wasnt expecting that guy to be his brother
so all the fights were skipped, after how lame the previous one was its probably for the best, anyways this arc was damn long i hope things start to improve
May 8, 2014 4:08 PM

Jul 2007
These episodes are definitely some of my favorite. The revelation of Killua's Brother illumi. The dark intense atmosphere and the fearful look of killua having to fight his own brother and the way illumi physiologically tortured him and forced him to give up.

Illumi in alot of ways reminds me of itachi. I wonder if that is where kishimoto drew some of his inspiration from? We all know that he cited togashi for some influence. I don't know i am just taking a wild guess.

I wonder what Hisoka whispered in Kurapica's ear?

So the part where Satotz congratulates gon, there is a few things i want to mention here; some things that were briefly changed that might come into play later. First of all when Satotz was explaining to gon bout his qualifications of a hunter, looking at ruins, clearing them out and renovating them. In the manga he mentioned that he would like gon to come visit the Kuluka's ruins. I guess they didn't think it was to important right now.

Also originally in the 1st series, Kurapica won the final stage of the exam first, but since this is following the manga more closely, they didn't include that part.

This episode was fantastic and they really captured the intensity of the situation much greater then what the manga did, thats for damn sure. Only one more episode before this arc is complete.

May 8, 2014 4:29 PM

Apr 2014
link9us said:
Illumi in alot of ways reminds me of itachi.
Ditto.
Although they are so different as characters, they seem so similar.
May 14, 2014 1:59 AM

Apr 2014
Wowowowowow ssssso goooood

BFF feels ;__;
May 14, 2014 11:19 AM

Mar 2014
link9us said:

Sweet nothings. loljk

He told him something about the Phantom Troupe.

What I wonder is what he whispered in Bodoro's. Probably something about throwing matches or what, but we'll never know since Killua drove his hand through the guy -.-
May 14, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
jreginald said:
link9us said:

Sweet nothings. loljk

He told him something about the Phantom Troupe.

What I wonder is what he whispered in Bodoro's. Probably something about throwing matches or what, but we'll never know since Killua drove his hand through the guy -.-

Maybe intimidated him with Nen
May 17, 2014 10:44 PM

Dec 2011
Oh my. The fight between Killua and Illumi... Killua looked so tortured.

I will never forget Bodoro :'( ... His death will not be in vain!
Jun 6, 2014 7:06 PM

May 2010
I thought Hisoka would step in at least since he wanted to kill Gon for himself.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 20, 2014 1:07 AM

Nov 2011
link9us said:
Illumi in alot of ways reminds me of itachi. I wonder if that is where kishimoto drew some of his inspiration from? We all know that he cited togashi for some influence. I don't know i am just taking a wild guess.

I hadn't thought about it that way until I read this, but he does give a similar vibe to Itachi, doesn't he?

Anyway, I think it's a lot easier to be sympathetic toward Killua after this episode. He seemed like a walking paradox before, and now we know why. 'Sounds like he was basically mind raped throughout his whole childhood. He doesn't even want to be the way he is. :/

I think it's obvious why Killua killed Bodoro. If Bodoro won, which is nearly certain, who would Killua have had to fight next...? I'm not excusing the killing. It's still messed up and wrong- but I'm glad that I at least have a better perspective on Killua's character, to understand it.

I wonder how things will work out with Gon confronting Illumi like that. Or, for that matter, if Killua will keep hanging out with Gon after this. I suppose it would be harder, since Killua doesn't have a Hunter's License.

That was one of the best episodes yet.
Jun 25, 2014 2:12 PM

Jan 2013
Surprising but it played out perfectly.
Jul 27, 2014 5:11 PM
May 2014
great episode but I don't get why killua got disqualified. Didn't they say if leorio interfered with gons match that gon would be disqualified. Isn't this the same situation?
Jul 27, 2014 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
AnimeUnderDog said:
great episode but I don't get why killua got disqualified. Didn't they say if leorio interfered with gons match that gon would be disqualified. Isn't this the same situation?

The rule was that if they killed another contestant, they'd be immediately disqualified.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.