Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2012 9:05 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY AMAZING. <3

I am blown away. I seriously almost broke down crying when Killua said he wants to be friends with Gon. Then to be completely rejected and broken afterwards; I feel so bad for him. One problem that I found was that I felt there wasn't much development for Killua to begin a true friendship with Gon. I mean, of course there was bonding and you could see it in their attitudes, but there wasn't much difference in Killua's actions from the beginning 'till the end. He was somewhat cold-hearted the whole time. Also, they didn't have much interaction during the last phase, so I found it a little surprising to see their relationship put so up-front suddenly. And surprising in the way that it's random, not the good way xD. But still really really really cool.

I am so happy right now, and I cannot wait for next week. It's going to be AMAAAZING.

I was also fine about how the told the story of the exam though. It was cool looking back through Gon. I enjoyed that.

5/5/5 - LOVED IT <3
fishergirl16Feb 18, 2012 9:09 PM
Feb 18, 2012 9:12 PM

Nov 2011
Fantastic! episode this week. This is definitely my favorite episode so far of the new anime, and the background music was amazing!

10/5 =]

Also there won't be a new episode next week... so now we have to wait 2 whole weeks!! now i'm sad =[
Feb 18, 2012 9:12 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was so much better than the 1998 version. The music really surprised me too.

Well, Killua was always making sure Gon passed the exam and wanted him to be one of the 3 who passed back in the majority rules thing. Anyway there's no episode next week sadly (because of Japan day I believe). >_<

Edit: Ninja'd.
Feb 18, 2012 9:27 PM

Jul 2010
NJZanDatsu said:
Also there won't be a new episode next week... so now we have to wait 2 whole weeks!! now i'm sad =[

No way. That sucks!!! :'( I can't go on without Hunter x Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 18, 2012 9:31 PM
Feb 2012
The animators finally decided to add new proper BGM! See how high tension and awesome HxH came be with proper music. I think I may cry in happiness now. Other than I still wish the room is darker colour, I have nothing else to complain. Awesome pacing of story.

fishergirl16 said:

One problem that I found was that I felt there wasn't much development for Killua to begin a true friendship with Gon. I mean, of course there was bonding and you could see it in their attitudes, but there wasn't much difference in Killua's actions from the beginning 'till the end. He was somewhat cold-hearted the whole time. Also, they didn't have much interaction during the last phase, so I found it a little surprising to see their relationship put so up-front suddenly. And surprising in the way that it's random, not the good way xD. But still really really really cool.

A lot of people last week mentioned they don't remember Killua being so jealous of Gon during the final exam in the manga, and i think that was due to mis-use of expressions in last week episode. Although the dialogue were the same, the manga Killua had expressions of concern and surprise during Gon's fight while the anime drew him as downright cold and jealous, hence why this episode's sudden express of friendship seemed jarring. But that was the fault of last episode, not this one.
ankifeatherFeb 18, 2012 9:48 PM
Feb 18, 2012 9:34 PM

Jul 2011
Killua. </3

We go to his house next. :D
Feb 18, 2012 9:49 PM

Nov 2011
MM-Rosiie said:
Killua. </3

We go to his house next. :D

Yup! we're gonna see Killua's crazy family =D
Feb 18, 2012 9:54 PM

Jan 2012
Yes this episode was definitely a 10/5. Also since there is only 1 episode a week you do lose the feeling of both Gon and Killuas friendship. In the beginning of the Hunter exam it showed how much they appreciated each other. Killua was glad to see Gon pass the test on the island.

During the time Gon was fighting Hanzo, Killua was feeling Jeolous of Gon but at the same time he was also feeling sorry for him, it isn't in his nature to show any sort of emotion when seeing someone getting beat up. So obviously he had a great poker face. =[]

The old series was misinterpreting each of the characters development and was telling the story a bit different than what the manga intended.
noonealiveFeb 18, 2012 10:55 PM
Feb 18, 2012 10:26 PM
Jun 2010
LOVED THIS EPISODE. At first the bgm was weird to me especially when Killua was getting lectured by his brother about not knowing what he wants. We usually have a barely decent bgm so i ended up enjoying this upgrade. Looks like they found some better bgm and i hope they use it more often. Also don't remember Killua being Jealous of Gon in the other versions but I liked it since it made Killua look like a spoiled brat. He is
Anyways I was really excited to see this episode, I'm not really a huge fan of the next arc but its great too. What i'm waiting for is York Shin...Oh that's gonna be awesome!

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Feb 18, 2012 10:58 PM

Jan 2012
Ollyx2OxenFree said:
LOVED THIS EPISODE. At first the bgm was weird to me especially when Killua was getting lectured by his brother about not knowing what he wants. We usually have a barely decent bgm so i ended up enjoying this upgrade. Looks like they found some better bgm and i hope they use it more often. Also don't remember Killua being Jealous of Gon in the other versions but I liked it since it made Killua look like a spoiled brat. He is
Anyways I was really excited to see this episode, I'm not really a huge fan of the next arc but its great too. What i'm waiting for is York Shin...Oh that's gonna be awesome!

Actually the next arc is sort of fun, but the arc right after is really going to set the pace for York shin.
Feb 18, 2012 11:00 PM

Jul 2010
if you guys noticed, in this version, they didnt turn kuripika eyes red.
in the original, when hisoka and kuripika were fighting, hisoka came close to kuri, and said somthing to him (like this one) though after hearing what he had to say, his eyes turned into blood red.

also:
narrator said:
Gon was angry.

no shit sherlock.

Feb 18, 2012 11:06 PM

Jan 2012
supermegasonic said:
if you guys noticed, in this version, they didnt turn kuripika eyes red.
in the original, when hisoka and kuripika were fighting, hisoka came close to kuri, and said somthing to him (like this one) though after hearing what he had to say, his eyes turned into blood red.

Yeah i was expecting to see that to, but i guess not...

also:
narrator said:
Gon was angry.

no shit sherlock.

LOL tell me about it, i think the narrator trys to add the "tension" factor.. lol
Feb 18, 2012 11:08 PM

Nov 2011
oh my god did this actually happen

there was a proper BGM in THIS show? mind blown

Now, I think it they did a good work summarizing Satotz's narration, specially of the fight between Killua and Illumi, though I did miss the introduction on why Satotz decided to become an arqueological hunter (won't spoil orz).

It was one of the best episodes of this remake so far (BGM can do wonders), but I'm giving it a 4/5 just because they didn't make Kurapika's eyes red after Hisoka whispered into his ear. That's just a no no.
Feb 18, 2012 11:17 PM

Nov 2011
I was Waiting for that Creep (illumi) to appear
Nice 5\5
Feb 18, 2012 11:23 PM

Jan 2012
Akashiina said:
oh my god did this actually happen

there was a proper BGM in THIS show? mind blown

Now, I think it they did a good work summarizing Satotz's narration, specially of the fight between Killua and Illumi, though I did miss the introduction on why Satotz decided to become an arqueological hunter (won't spoil orz).

If you see the previews you can tell that Gon and Satots conversation isn't over yet, i was thinking the same thing until i saw the previews. =[]
Feb 18, 2012 11:36 PM

Oct 2011
20/5

This was awesome! Ging!
And Killua's eyes were so dark! This is awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2012 11:50 PM

Oct 2011
lol, of course Killua would just go and kill Leorio's opponent, help a pal and satisfy his cravings. :P Now that I think about it, we haven't really been seeing Leorio fighting much at all, even though he does have a lot of confidence.

Nevertheless, that truly was an amazing episode... I teared up bit when Killua said he wanted to be Gon's friend, as I never thought that he thought of him that way. You could see them bonding and such, but they weren't necessarily in contact with each other that much when you think about it.

I wonder if Killua is in a pissed state now, like he's just gonna go out on a killing spree or something...
Feb 19, 2012 12:27 AM
Feb 2012
Akashiina said:

It was one of the best episodes of this remake so far (BGM can do wonders), but I'm giving it a 4/5 just because they didn't make Kurapika's eyes red after Hisoka whispered into his ear. That's just a no no.

There's no indication of Kurapika's eyes turning red in the manga....his eyes are drawn white or gray in the manga when they turn red, but his eye were black in the manga when Hisoka whispered...but yeah given the content of what was said, it should be red.

Kefkiroth said:
lol, of course Killua would just go and kill Leorio's opponent, help a pal and satisfy his cravings. :P Now that I think about it, we haven't really been seeing Leorio fighting much at all, even though he does have a lot of confidence.

LOL! the second phase was the only exam which Leorio passed based on his own efforts ...he would have been lost/eaten in the first phase if Hisoka didn't carry him , and all the other phases he passed through the help of Gon, Kurapica or Killua.....I guess he is just one extremely lucky guy
Feb 19, 2012 12:31 AM

Oct 2011
ankifeather said:
Akashiina said:

There's no indication of Kurapika's eyes turning red in the manga....his eyes are drawn white or gray in the manga when they turn red, but his eye were black in the manga when Hisoka whispered...but yeah given the content of what was said, it should be red.

Kefkiroth said:

LOL! the second phase was the only exam which Leorio passed based on his own efforts ...he would have been lost/eaten in the first phase if Hisoka didn't carry him , and all the other phases he passed through the help of Gon, Kurapica or Killua.....I guess he is just one extremely lucky guy

He lost his round in trick tower and a few hours, in return, without him they would have never passed Kurapika's round which could've resulted in the whole 72 hours running out
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2012 12:47 AM

Sep 2010
Crazy shit.
Feb 19, 2012 1:34 AM
Feb 2012
noonealive said:

also:
narrator said:
Gon was angry.

no shit sherlock.

LOL tell me about it, i think the narrator trys to add the "tension" factor.. lol

They really should get rid of the narrator, he adds nothing to the show other than making the audience feel dumbed-down by reminding us obvious things...the beginnig of this episode was much better without him

x5exotic said:
ankifeather said:

He lost his round in trick tower and a few hours, in return, without him they would have never passed Kurapika's round which could've resulted in the whole 72 hours running out

Well it was team effort still, not his alone and he certainly was not one of the top contributor
Feb 19, 2012 2:06 AM

Feb 2012
About Killua's sudden decision that he wanted to be friends with Gon: I think Killua probably hadn't thought much about what he wanted when he left his home. But when Illumi provoked him, saying that there wasn't anything he wanted, he realized that he really DID want something, to be friends with Gon (and live a normal life). It's just like how people sometimes have no idea what (or who) they want, until they are put in certain situations that forces them to answer.

This was a really good ep. Killua's expressions are GREAT (if it's something I trust MADHOUSE with, then it's to draw and animate good expressions). I think both this one and the original anime episode are just as good, but I think the original had a little better atmosphere, while this one was much more emotional. So for me, both versions are full of win <3.
SeraSeraFeb 19, 2012 2:12 AM
Feb 19, 2012 2:11 AM

Nov 2010
ankifeather said:
noonealive said:

also:
narrator said:
Gon was angry.

no shit sherlock.

They really should get rid of the narrator, he adds nothing to the show other than making the audience feel dumbed-down by reminding us obvious things...the beginnig of this episode was much better without him

lol they need to have the narrator from Kaiji. that would be amazing.

anyways, this was a very good episode. i hope it continues to have more episodes like this in the future.

5/5
Feb 19, 2012 3:44 AM

May 2009
Illumi is a massive douche.

Fuzzx said:
lol they need to have the narrator from Kaiji. that would be amazing.
Because the narrator from Kaiji doesn't repeat the same phrases a gazillion times?
Feb 19, 2012 4:36 AM
Oct 2008
The first anime where they actually skip the battles, instead of dragging it over long episodes! Yes, I like it when they focus on the story more.

If wanted to see fighting, then I could play Street Fighter.
Feb 19, 2012 5:37 AM

May 2010
Hey, after 19 episodes they're finally starting to learn how to make an anime. Aside from the (still) eye-blinding colors, panning shots of Kurapika vs Hisoka, and Kurapika's eyes not turning red I have no other complaints. :P
Feb 19, 2012 5:39 AM
Nov 2010
Haha, having the narrator from Kaiji here would be funny...

Anyways, that was a good episode, I can't wait for the next one...
Feb 19, 2012 5:54 AM

Oct 2011
This is a masterpiece, the 1999 is shit, this is a fact.
Feb 19, 2012 6:54 AM

Aug 2009
x5exotic said:

I disagree with it being shit, but it's indeed a fact that thus far it has been inferior to the remake.
Feb 19, 2012 6:57 AM

May 2010
x5exotic said:

I'm sorry but your biased opinion and mindless bashing shouldn't be considered a fact. If you think 1999 is shit then you probably haven't seen that much anime.

... oops. I checked. you really haven't. I hope you could come up with a better criticism in the future.
Feb 19, 2012 7:19 AM

Oct 2011
stormgoddess said:
x5exotic said:

I'm sorry but your biased opinion and mindless bashing shouldn't be considered a fact. If you think 1999 is shit then you probably haven't seen that much anime.

... oops. I checked. you really haven't. I hope you could come up with a better criticism in the future.

I don't really have time to watch every any out there just to have a "good opinion" like you claim, but the reason I put "fact" in there is because i'm sick of people here (Including your comment above" talking as if their opinion is a fact.

Last time I checked: THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Bringing up the 1999 is no different from mentioning Naruto or Bleach, it's trolling.
And I'm sick of it

"Biased opinion and mindless bashing" Funny you say that. Talk about yourself.
I've rewatched the 1999 version about 7 or 8 times...it's probably my all time favorite, but people bitching here are making me hate it more and more.

People don't like this series because they it's not like the 1999? It's not supposed to be like it. And if they already know the story and have seen it animated in the original, they can drop it, and come back when the Chimera arc starts. Instead of lurking here JUST SO they can bitch about how much of nostalgia fags they are -.-

On the other hand, there are people who dislike the series just because they didn't like it in the first place. That's an opinion.
Feb 19, 2012 7:36 AM

May 2010
x5exotic said:
stormgoddess said:
x5exotic said:

I don't really have time to watch every any out there just to have a "good opinion" like you claim, but the reason I put "fact" in there is because i'm sick of people here (Including your comment above" talking as if their opinion is a fact.

Last time I checked: THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Bringing up the 1999 is no different from mentioning Naruto or Bleach, it's trolling.
And I'm sick of it

I've rewatched the 1999 version about 7 or 8 times...it's probably my all time favorite, but people bitching here are making me hate it more and more.

People don't like this series because they it's not like the 1999? It's not supposed to be like it. And if they already know the story and have seen it animated in the original, they can drop it, and come back when the Chimera arc starts. Instead of lurking here JUST SO they can bitch about how much of nostalgia fags they are -.-

On the other hand, there are people who dislike the series just because they didn't like it in the first place. That's an opinion.

I don't really get you. You're sick with people bitching this anime yet you do the same for the old one. What makes you think you're not like those fags you're hating? And no, I'm not like you who thinks his opinion is so important it should be considered a fact. I'm just disagreeing with how you speak badly for the old anime without giving any reason.

Talk about myself? I'm pretty sure I've never said this version is shit. And even if I did, I came up with reasons why I dislike/like it, and I compliment it whenever I see some improvement. You, on the other hand, are thinking like you own this anime and whatever you say is fact. 7/8 times? Hah, I've been watching/reading this story every year since 2000.

And other people's opinions about this anime is actually out of the discussion if you haven't noticed. It's just you trolling here that I'm arguing about.
Feb 19, 2012 7:45 AM

May 2008
Praise the lord, we've been finally given dark colors/atmopshere and a decent BMG track!

I was worried about how they would handle the obscure atmosphere considering the future arcs, but I was more than happy to be proven they know what they're doing. As each new episode gets aired, my doubts diminish and I find myself looking forward to seeing more and more of it.

In spite of also being a fan of the old version, I like how this one stays true to the narration and intentions of the manga instead of taking artistic liberties here and there like the old version did.

Anyway tl;dr loved the BGM and the way they handled the tension and emotion of Killua's scenes.
Feb 19, 2012 7:54 AM

Oct 2011
stormgoddess said:
x5exotic said:
stormgoddess said:
x5exotic said:

And I'm sick of it

I don't really get you. You're sick with people bitching this anime yet you do the same for the old one. What makes you think you're not like those fags you're hating? And no, I'm not like you who thinks his opinion is so important it should be considered a fact. I'm just disagreeing with how you speak badly for the old anime without giving any reason.

Talk about myself? I'm pretty sure I've never said this version is shit. And even if I did, I came up with reasons why I dislike/like it, and I compliment it whenever I see some improvement. You, on the other hand, are thinking like you own this anime and whatever you say is fact. 7/8 times? Hah, I've been watching/reading this story every year since 2000.

And other people's opinions about this anime is actually out of the discussion if you haven't noticed. It's just you trolling here that I'm arguing about.

Didn't you read? Or didn't you understand?
I said I typed that because I was showing the fags what they are doing.
The problem is that you aren't giving any reason as well...brightly lit? It is that way in the manga, you know when it's 10 am and there are windows, it's not supposed to look like sunset.
So yea, the 1999 shouldn't be mentioned here, if soemone does, I don't really have to respect that opinion because it's not. It's trolling as I said, this thread is about this episode and it's original content, the chapters. You want to compare the 2 versions? Make another thread regarding that.

And It doesn't seem like you understand sarcasm, I said that the "fact part" was me being sarcastic, mocking how YOU and others here talk.

1) Stop talking like your opinion is a fact
2) Other people need to discuss their being nostalgia fags somewhere else. This is not the thread for it.
Feb 19, 2012 7:55 AM

Jan 2011
Leorio, kurapika, and ninja dude stood infront of the door gaurding Gon. That was amazing.
[center]
Feb 19, 2012 7:58 AM

Oct 2011
pokymon said:
x5exotic said:

I disagree with it being shit, but it's indeed a fact that thus far it has been inferior to the remake.

I was being sarcastic as to how nostalgia fags talk :P
Anyway be careful, they might kill you if you say you prefer this one xD
Feb 19, 2012 8:23 AM

May 2010
x5exotic said:
stormgoddess said:
x5exotic said:
stormgoddess said:
x5exotic said:

And I'm sick of it

Didn't you read? Or didn't you understand?
I said I typed that because I was showing the fags what they are doing.
The problem is that you aren't giving any reason as well...brightly lit? It is that way in the manga, you know when it's 10 am and there are windows, it's not supposed to look like sunset.
So yea, the 1999 shouldn't be mentioned here, if soemone does, I don't really have to respect that opinion because it's not. It's trolling as I said, this thread is about this episode and it's original content, the chapters. You want to compare the 2 versions? Make another thread regarding that.

And It doesn't seem like you understand sarcasm, I said that the "fact part" was me being sarcastic, mocking how YOU and others here talk.

1) Stop talking like your opinion is a fact
2) Other people need to discuss their being nostalgia fags somewhere else. This is not the thread for it.

And what did you get from doing that? Besides, there aren't anyone trolling/bitching the episode here in this thread. If you're only flame-baiting then that's very productive of you. And I'm sorry but it's either I'm bad at detecting sarcasm or you're just bad at making it. Even if you're so butthurt about people who aren't enjoying this as much as you do, that doesn't justify your trolling.

And no, I didn't say it was brightly lit. I was implying that there are too much vivid colors for my eyes to take, Illumi's hair, needles, and especially when they change the lighting effect (and it has been my primary complaint since the start of this series), which I wouldn't be able to tell from the manga because it's friggin black white and gray. Besides I intentionally didn't expand that complaint because I think it's too trivial and the rest of the episode made up for it. And that post was a compliment if it isn't so obvious to you.

Oh well, since you're just "trolling" then I guess there's no point in arguing with you?
Feb 19, 2012 8:27 AM

Oct 2011
If anyone is disappointed with the Final Phase, good. You're supposed to be. In the manga, the fights are condensed into being shown in one or two panels each. Why would Togashi do this? Satotz will give you a bit of a clear idea in the next episode.
Feb 19, 2012 8:41 AM

Oct 2011
stormgoddess said:

And what did you get from doing that? Besides, there aren't anyone trolling/bitching the episode here in this thread. If you're only flame-baiting then that's very productive of you. And I'm sorry but it's either I'm bad at detecting sarcasm or you're just bad at making it. Even if you're so butthurt about people who aren't enjoying this as much as you do, that doesn't justify your trolling.

And no, I didn't say it was brightly lit. I was implying that there are too much vivid colors for my eyes to take, Illumi's hair, needles, and especially when they change the lighting effect (and it has been my primary complaint since the start of this series), which I wouldn't be able to tell from the manga because it's friggin black white and gray. Besides I intentionally didn't expand that complaint because I think it's too trivial and the rest of the episode made up for it. And that post was a compliment if it isn't so obvious to you.

Oh well, since you're just "trolling" then I guess there's no point in arguing with you?

Well I already posted a comment here, then I posted the other one to show how people are sounding like, except I had it the other way around.

Apparently you were one of the butthurt ones.

I already said I don't mind people saying it was shit at all. So you saying "butthuet because people aren't enjoying it as much" is pretty much trolling by itself

My problem is: It pisses me off, when we are talking about an episode of this Hunter x Hunter and someone mentions Naruto or bleach...wouldn't that be annoying? What's that show doing here? Same with the 1999 version, I know it's called HxH, but it's still a different show, has its own direction and art. You wanna discuss that? Create a separate thread..How hard is that? So really who is flaming here? People who mention irrelevant shows.

If you go to ep1/2 discussions, you'd find ME bitching about how this version isn't like the 1999 as well. But then I realized how retarded that sounded. So I quit, and started judging the episode for itself, not for how it's different from the other version.

And the 1999 part isn't directed at you, I know you weren't comparing. But the "fact" part was, so...
x5exoticFeb 19, 2012 8:46 AM
Feb 19, 2012 9:02 AM

May 2010
x5exotic said:
stormgoddess said:

Well I already posted a comment here, then I posted the other one to show how people are sounding like, except I had it the other way around.

Apparently you were one of the butthurt ones.

I already said I don't mind people saying it was shit at all. So you saying "butthuet because people aren't enjoying it as much" is pretty much trolling by itself

My problem is: It pisses me off, when we are talking about an episode of this Hunter x Hunter and someone mentions Naruto or bleach...wouldn't that be annoying? What's that show doing here? Same with the 1999 version, I know it's called HxH, but it's still a different show, has its own direction and art. You wanna discuss that? Create a separate thread..How hard is that? So really who is flaming here? People who mention irrelevant shows.

If you go to ep1/2 discussions, you'd find ME bitching about how this version isn't like the 1999 as well. But then I realized how retarded that sounded. So I quit, and started judging the episode for itself, not for how it's different from the other version.

And the 1999 part isn't directed at you, I know you weren't comparing. But the "fact" part was, so...

Sadly your problem isn't present in this thread so making that troll post is pointless and totally unrelated. If you feel like it pisses you off then you go reply to whoever that person is and tell them to discuss their fanboying elsewhere, instead of making such a remark that turned out to be trolling. You know what I'm butthurt about? It's when fans go as low as being a troll to show the fellow trolls how retarded they are and how good this anime is. Seriously, there's a million way to express your undying loyalty to this anime.
Feb 19, 2012 9:05 AM

Dec 2007
Impressive episode. I like how they finally figured out that they needed to make more BGM because what they had was not working. The 2 or 3 new pieces of BGM introduced in this episode really helped give this the same atmosphere that the original series had. Bravo Madhouse. Keep at it.
Feb 19, 2012 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Does anyone else think Illumi looks like a cat? I mean his eyes reminds me of a cat for some reason.
Feb 19, 2012 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
x5exotic said:

That's a bad argument. While Naruto and Bleach are completely unrelated to HxH 2011, HxH 1999 is part of the same franchise, thus, it is normal to hear people comparing the new version to the older version.
Feb 19, 2012 9:23 AM

Oct 2011
Solkiskey said:
x5exotic said:

That's a bad argument. While Naruto and Bleach are completely unrelated to HxH 2011, HxH 1999 is part of the same franchise, thus, it is normal to hear people comparing the new version to the older version.

Umm, no? Sure it's the same franchise. But in no way is the new version obliged to be exactly like the original. This thread discusses how good this episode was as a standalone product and/or as an adaptation of the manga.
You want to compare the versions. Absolutely, but do it on a thread that doesn't read "DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS EPISODE" then you can say it's a "bad argument". Thankyouverymuch.

PS: When I say don't compare it's not necessarily someone bashing the new one for the sake of the old one, it could be the other way around too. Hence my mock comment that made "some guy" here butthurt >.>

@Stormgoddess

I'm sorry wasn't it you that felt the need to check my channel to see what other animes I watch in order to brag about how many animes you watched?
And wasn't it you that was talking like your comments were facts? Yep it was :)
So, who's trolling here?
I never praised this anime this much(unless you STILL don't see the sarcasm in my previous comment), where did you get that? your way of repeating the word "troll" shows how insecure you are when it comes to being called that yourself. Just because you call someone a troll doesn't make your side of the argument stronger, Mr. Facts.

Sincerely, a guy who doesn't have to watch tons of pointless anime in order to have an opinion and doesn't need to make it a fact to feel good about himself. :D
Feb 19, 2012 9:29 AM

May 2009
^ This also happens to be an EPISODE DISCUSSION, as you kindly reminded other people earlier. You haven't been discussing the episode for several posts now, so please just cut it out.
Feb 19, 2012 9:31 AM

Oct 2011
^ Fair enough. I'll keep my mouth shut. Sorry for the inconvenience :)
Feb 19, 2012 9:35 AM

May 2010
x5exotic said:

I'm sorry wasn't it you that felt the need to check my channel to see what other animes I watch in order to brag about how many animes you watched?
So, who's trolling here?
I never praised this anime this much(unless you STILL don't see the sarcasm in my previous comment), where did you get that? your way of repeating the word "troll" shows how insecure you are when it comes to being called that yourself. Just because you call someone a troll doesn't make your side of the argument stronger, Mr. Facts.

Sincerely, a guy who doesn't have to watch tons of pointless anime in order to have an opinion and doesn't need to make it a fact to feel good about himself. :D

What? The reason why I checked your list was to counter your mindless judgement regarding the old anime, because that remark sounded like it came from someone who knows nothing about anime. But it turned out that it was sarcasm (and you failed at making it sounded sarcastic). I didn't intend to brag about how many animes I've seen. Stop putting words in my mouth. And wasn't it you who first bragged that you've seen the old one 7-8 times?

When did I say that my comments are facts? This is a fckin Discussion. Not a HxH11 Glorifying thread. Of course I'll DISCUSS what I think of this episode, whether it's positive or negative, but I never said that my opinion matters most that it should be a fact. Disagree with my opinions if you feel it. If you expect everyone should endlessly praise this anime and turn a blind-eye to its flaws then you are at the wrong place.

No, it's you who posted a totally unrelated sarcastic remark (and didn't sound sarcastic at all) that is a troll.
Feb 19, 2012 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
kurisutii_rin said:
Does anyone else think Illumi looks like a cat? I mean his eyes reminds me of a cat for some reason.

Oh you thinks so
for me it's stranger
I think he looks like a Cockroach LOL
Feb 19, 2012 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
I can kind of see the cockroach thing.. his hair is like little antennas lol.
Feb 19, 2012 10:02 AM

Aug 2011
stormgoddess said:
x5exotic said:

So, who's trolling here?

What? The reason why I checked your list was to counter your mindless judgement regarding the old anime, because that remark sounded like it came from someone who knows nothing about anime. But it turned out that it was sarcasm (and you failed at making it sounded sarcastic). I didn't intend to brag about how many animes I've seen. Stop putting words in my mouth. And wasn't it you who first bragged that you've seen the old one 7-8 times?

When did I say that my comments are facts? This is a fckin Discussion. Not a HxH11 Glorifying thread. Of course I'll DISCUSS what I think of this episode, whether it's positive or negative, but I never said that my opinion matters most that it should be a fact. Disagree with my opinions if you feel it. If you expect everyone should endlessly praise this anime and turn a blind-eye to its flaws then you are at the wrong place.

No, it's you who posted a totally unrelated sarcastic remark (and didn't sound sarcastic at all) that is a troll.

It would be fine if you are actually discussing Hunter x Hunter 2011 and not bashing it like you claim to not be doing. At the very least don't make people think you are by posting ridicule like this.

"they're finally starting to learn how to make an anime"
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.