Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mission-E Episode 4 Discussion

Aug 27, 2008 3:45 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, nice going, Kotaro.

Another meh episode, but it was okay.

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

Aug 27, 2008 7:35 PM
I'm a little disappointed that *both* Kotaro and Chinami are still pathologically shy. They've had, what, seven to ten years to develop their relationship?

Okay, maybe Chinami is psychologically messed up by her strange childhood ... but Kotaro has no excuse, other than the fact that he's Japanese and therefore extremely resistant to expressing emotion. Even that doesn't convince me much after what the two of them went through in the last series.

This inspires a thought ... there could be an entirely separate thread about romance anime which *doesn't* endlessly rely on relationship resets to keep suspense of a sort.

Aug 28, 2008 10:27 AM

formosan said:
This inspires a thought ... there could be an entirely separate thread about romance anime which *doesn't* endlessly rely on relationship resets to keep suspense of a sort.

You say that, but it's not really a 'reset' if they never got anywhere in the first place. :| As for Kotaro having no excuse, well, he's a pure science type, more than an emotion type - way he talks, wouldn't be at all surprised to hear him referring to emotions with scientific basis - and during his school years, he had a tendency to lock himself in his little lab all the time, most of the student body declaring him weird and not making any obvious attempts to get close to him, so it's not too improbable that Sonomi was his only real contact with people his age until Chinami showed up, which could theoretically stunt emotional growth. :| Excuses aren't too hard to find for most things, if you just give it a moment's thought.

Aug 28, 2008 5:12 PM

Agreed, regarding the Chinami & Kotaro relationship having gotten very little ground in the several years from the first series. I've not found anything weird about it, since Kotaro is such an introverted geek, and Chinami is still learning the friendship game from her messed up childhood.

On a different subject, how does one fire three successive rounds in less than two seconds with a single-shot, bolt action rifle?

Aug 29, 2008 10:30 PM
NorthHawk said:
Excuses aren't too hard to find for most things, if you just give it a moment's thought.

When I try to give anything a moment's thought, I usually find a good excuse not to think. :)

But, yeah, I guess Kotaro and Chinami are both introverted, socialized in a repressive culture, and living too far away from each other.

I just hope circumstances compel them to change that situation before the end of this season.

May 5, 2014 2:05 PM

Still can't figure out Kotaru love xD , But there should have been things that show what happened exactly after first series since she said her age : 20

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC