Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2012 2:34 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There was a 21 in an american football game. Casually.
May 10, 2017 12:49 AM

Jan 2012
Toshi's training for a big football game with...mixed results:

But when they're forced to hide a stolen gem in one of the balls:

Cat's Eye takes the field! A silly premise to be sure, but a fun one. Who knew football was so popular in 1984 Japan anyway? :D Well the girls do about as well as you'd expect:

Flawless at every position. :D I think I found how straight the absurd situation is played out most amusing. Everyone just goes with the flow. :D There's a subplot involving a tutor/teacher in love with Ai that confused me. Was he supposed to be her age or older? And if older why was everyone okay with this? Well I think she's 18, but still! Besides manipulating the schmuck into tackling Toshi it doesn't really go anywhere anyway. I also get the impression there was a lost in translation joke regarding his name, Kaoru Saotome, early on as the girls laugh and compare him to someone else. It may have even been a now outdated pop culture reference for all I know. It isn't explained in the subs either so I dunno. Either way the real point of the episode comes across super clear: badass football playing girls. :D
Sep 24, 2018 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
This felt like a parody episode.

As usual Toshio and Chief are just so hilarious. the sisters yet again secure one in the bag
Mar 17, 2020 1:26 AM

Jul 2009
Not gonna lie. I'm not even sure if American Football even existed in Japan?

Maybe when it was in its early days, it had some interest in Japan in the 70s?

Also, why didn't anyone even question who the new players were (Cat's Eye). Even surprised that they let females play.

Not trying to be sexist, it's just that these kind of sports tend to be played by an all male. Glad they at least let them play.

Also, seeing them tackle those men. Cat's Eye has an extensive training for sure!

On to the next one!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 33 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Jul 30, 2010

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 15, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 73 Discussion

Rod_Russ - May 16, 2016

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 14, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 32 Discussion

SomaHeir - Apr 12, 2015

3 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 31 Discussion

SomaHeir - Mar 14, 2015

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 8, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Cat's Eye Episode 30 Discussion

SomaHeir - Mar 11, 2015

2 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 8, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.