Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2012 12:47 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So it's over! What a ride that was.
Love the ending, when they went to visit Nana's grave; Yano can finally move on for good now.
pillockJan 9, 2013 10:57 AM

Feb 18, 2012 8:41 PM

Apr 2010
I agree! Love the happy ending, but I'm kinda sad that it has already come to an end...
I hope Obata-sensei will continue to write insightful mangas like BGI for us to read ♥
Feb 21, 2012 4:10 AM

Sep 2007
ToT What a beautiful ending, and now that it's over I feel a bit empty... but that's normal, so I just have to read it all over again xD

Mar 4, 2012 8:07 AM

Feb 2009
It's so strange that it's done, the only thing I can think about is how glad I am I didn't start reading when it had a two year hiatus. At least that's what I heard, it did have a two year hiatus right? IF SO I WOULD HAVE DIED.

I am rereading it now from the beginning and still it hooks me in as if I never read it. Bokura Ga Ita will always be my favorite. It's in a league of it's own.
o genki desu ka
Mar 26, 2012 5:26 AM
Jun 2011
BGI will always be my fav story! <3
I'm so happy that they finally got their happy ending.
Mar 26, 2012 11:17 AM

Apr 2009
Great ending.. Was hoping for maybe a small glimpse of the future, having kids and what not.. but still really good.
Mar 26, 2012 2:46 PM

May 2010
I love this story. Since I watched anime. And when I started following manga chapters. I love Take, I've been rooting for him and Nanami. But I enjoyed ending, Nanami and Yano are people who had to go through lots of difficulties on their way, to be together at the end. Yano's "Please be my family" has touched my heart.
Damn, that reminded me how much I love shoujo, I need to start some long one soon.
Once more time, lot's of love for Take <3
Mar 26, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
Very nice :)

9/10

and its funny how they say they r 25 but they still look 10 XDD
Mar 27, 2012 12:00 AM

Oct 2010
I wasn't really expecting of a good ending 'cause it says that one of its genres is Tragedy. I wonder why they looked the same ten years ago as well.

And oh, He should have kissed her.
Mar 27, 2012 11:31 AM

Mar 2012
I'm pretty satisfied with this ending (although I still would have liked to see where Take and Aki ended up). I didn't expect Yano to propose in the last chapter, but it was sweet. It's been a great journey through these 70 chapters.
Mar 28, 2012 1:25 PM

Apr 2011
I felt this ending was a bit empty, oh well still loved the journey.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Mar 28, 2012 10:12 PM

Nov 2007
K-Shuun said:
I felt this ending was a bit empty, oh well still loved the journey.

i kind of agree, but i'd consider it rushed rather than "empty". not completely empty b/c the grave scene was a such a gigantic step for yano ( & for nanami too b/c she was finally able to smile w/ such great sincerity in front of nana ) but there's still a few loose ends here & there that needed to be tied up. :[[ did obata ever explain yano's illness in detail? still kinda confused about that....

but still, i've been reading this for 3 years now & i'm really glad i stuck to this, despite shedding buckets & buckets of tears, and being scared as fuck & fearing for yano's life towards the end LMAO. it's been such an emotional ride; i'm relieved they got a happy end. ; w ;
Apr 10, 2012 4:06 AM

May 2009
Can't believe it finally ended :) It was a nice ending, nothing too grand... but it reminded me of the whole story and the journey i took by reading this manga. I'm gonna miss it :') i'm gonna miss them..
Thanks for everything!
Yano x Nanami 4ever! :D
Apr 30, 2012 2:19 AM

Sep 2011
Man, I'm glad I found this series when the last chapter was about to be released. It'd be painful to wait each month for a new one.

Though the conclusion wasn't as overwhelming as I expected, the "I'll wait for you.However long it takes" and especially the "please be my family" makes totally up for it. And the 70chapter-ride as a whole was awesome

A great manga to read and one of my favourites.
Jun 20, 2012 9:16 PM

Mar 2011
Woah...this was definetly...one hell of a ride. Everything was thrown out there and the concept of "Memories" was really beautiful. Near the end, I honestly felt that either Yano or Nana would lose their memories. The thought of that...really frightened me.
Time passed by and it was amazing to see these people mature and eventually find their happiness.

10/10.
Jul 1, 2012 11:20 PM

Aug 2009
I loved this, Am so sad that it has finally ended.

Aug 8, 2012 5:44 AM
May 2011
i really liked the story
but the part where it starts explaining about the time they weren't together i kinda scan read that as in skipped most of it.
I actually wondered whether yano was dead :-(

Why is it that the nice guys never get the girls??? But i actually thought that Take was gonna be with her and had a feeling that Yano was gonna be with that Yamamoto girl and couldn't believe it when they were :O

1 thing i got confused with is Nana the dead girl or the main character girl??? because with japanese people they have soo many names :( its like Yano is called Moto and Moto something and it confuses me :(

I don't understand why she didn't go for Take, i mean are you ever gonna find a guy like him. i mean he said he'd never see her again but somehow still ended up by her side like he always has tbh if i were him id kinda start hating her cause of all the years being together even when Yano wasnt there.. he was! I think shes just blinded by her memoires and her love for him was too strong.

Yano is unreliable and weak :-$ and i did hate him where the just met and just discovered he was with Yamamoto but i guess he felt guilty and how he just couldn't really move on until yamoto let him go which is the best things she's done. I hated yamato too but actually she wasn't that bad, i mean she let him go.

I was so happy that yano went back with he girl but would he have if yamato didn't leave him, i wonder??

I loved the story and hopefuly take would fond the girl of his dreams :-)
P.s. Couldnt put it down cause i love it so much sorry about the speech but there's so much to talk about cause i loved it so much
Aug 17, 2012 4:28 AM
Mar 2012
I didn't really like this manga at first. I lost interest because of the veeery late releases years ago. And the part when Yano left broke my heart, I felt I was Nanami. :( I was also disappointed because I kept thinking that Yano can't still get over Nana. It's just too annoying. I mean, if Nana did not die, it wouldn't have been so hard for him. (Just like how Romeo felt for Juliet. Lol) ......So, I did not continue reading for two years. 2 months ago I happened to visit the manga, but did not read any chapter. And then 2 weeks ago, for some reason I just wanted to read this. When I saw a forum post which says, "Finally completed <3", I decided to give it another try.

Well, I'm glad I did. I fell in love with this manga. I liked the ending though it was a bit too rush. Yup, I agree with the others. And as for Yuri? Sorry but I never liked her. Not one single time in the story. That's just my opinion by the way. :3

I'm kind of sad that the story has already ended, but glad that Yano and Nanami ended up together. <3

I gave this a 9/10 rating.

-
Nov 10, 2012 9:40 PM

Apr 2008
Man.. I finally came back here and noticed that this manga was finally completed (I was at chap 65 from last year or something). Had to reread a lot. But it was a great ending. So melodramatic but beautiful.. I watched the anime awhile ago, too.

Its really crazy that the two still got back together, though. You don't really hear of people getting back together with people they dated from high school. Your views and mentalities change thoroughly in university. But then again, Nana really saw him as 'the one'. Even though Take was trying to be there for her (which btw REALLY sucks for him, damn..)

It's sad to let go of this manga, it really was quite a ride. Planning to watch the movie/drama(?) now. ^^
Nov 21, 2012 11:07 PM

May 2008
SinDeLuXe said:
Man, I'm glad I found this series when the last chapter was about to be released. It'd be painful to wait each month for a new one.

Though the conclusion wasn't as overwhelming as I expected, the "I'll wait for you.However long it takes" and especially the "please be my family" makes totally up for it. And the 70chapter-ride as a whole was awesome

A great manga to read and one of my favourites.

Totally agree with you. i would be really disappointed if i had to wait for chapters to be released because after reading volume 12 i just couldn't stop. i finished reading it in one day...

I admit that it felt like it was rushed in the end but Yano and Nana got their happy ending so its all good... and finally Yano's "Please be my family." really caught my heart! I'm so glad i decided to read this manga.

I just wish Aki-chan and Takeuchi ended up together. I think they would look good together! Both of Yano's best friends! :)

BADGES: ll MUSIC LOVER ll [TSC] ll C.C.O ll
Nov 26, 2012 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
As some of you already mentioned, it was a great, sad and b-e-a-utiful trip.After i finished the anime, i made my first atempt of reading a manga(and it was that story) about 1,5 year ago. I couldnt believe that it was so....just amazing. All these emotions ....I think the most appropriate words to describe it are these words " great, sad and b-e-a-utiful trip"
Dec 10, 2012 3:49 PM

Oct 2008
I read this manga over the course of 2 days and I am so attached to it right now and I don't think it hit me yet that it's actually over. I fell in love with all of these characters and their experiences and just.

I can't even find the words. The manga has made me laugh, cry and gave me memories that will last forever. These characters inspire me. I fell in love with this manga the way Nanami and Motoharu fell for each other.

Okay I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry my feelings out.
Dec 19, 2012 1:01 PM

Aug 2010
I just finished reading the manga after I last read it back in 2010... Wow that's almost 3 years back.. Really glad to finally pick up the series again after it has ended!

Finally they are together! I mean, there are times when I thought it'd end tragically and all, but I'm really glad it didnt. Only thing is that I would've liked it if Take and Sengenji ended up together...they'll be so cute together I think!

I must say this has been one of the most turbulent, heart-wrenching, 70-chapters ride. It really felt longer than that (in a good way). I really like how the author construct the timeline of the chapters, although there were many time skips and all they were somehow placed strategically and well, perfectly well.
Feb 8, 2013 9:10 AM

Oct 2009
I liked reading this. Some great moments and words in this last chapter. =)
Feb 16, 2013 12:57 AM

Jan 2010
That was really, really beautiful. I was bracing myself for a sad ending and was thoroughly shocked but pleased that they finally got back together. It has been an amazing, inspiring ride. I've never truly loved a guy, but I truly believe that seeing Nana and Yano's beautiful relationship gave me a clue.
Apr 28, 2013 1:21 AM
Apr 2013
I loved this manga... the ending at nana's grave was beautiful. Still I felt very sad for Take, especially when he told Yano not to allow all his ( Take's) efforts go to waste. Yano, I can't completely understand why he left Nana in the first place, back when his mother died. And why didn't he want her to find him?
May 12, 2013 4:20 PM

Jul 2011
I saw the anime back in 2006 and have since then been waiting anxiously for the last volume to be released so I could read volume 9 - 16.
I'm glad I waited, It was well worth it. Yuuki Obata is a genius.
Jul 24, 2013 10:01 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, what a ride. Bokura ga Ita truly surprised me in the depth it showed for a Shoujo manga. Really, it's more like a Josei at times.

Anyways, I've really enjoyed reading BgI and what it had to give, but it definitely had its flaws. The rather abstract monologues and dialogues were kind of irritating to read at times, but some of that may just be due to translation errors. Also, the transition between 'arcs' and the conclusion of conflicts were murky at times.

The art style was something I hated so much at first. I didn't even think I'd be able to read the manga because of it. Hands and feet were just so oversized in the first ten chapters or so, IMO. But I think that Yuuki Obata grew so much in her artistic talents throughout the years that BgI was serialized. Just compare the first and last chapters. It's such a difference, and I think that's interesting to see in a manga. I really grew to love the art style though as the series went on. Simple, but very focused on articulating expressions.

About Takeuchi, Yuuki Obata never properly resolved the relationship between Takeuchi and Nanami. There were so many heart-warming moments between those two, when you actually truly want them to be together. And Takeuchi is a great character. But I feel like those moments were never properly concluded...the sudden rejection of Takeuchi's proposal is what cut off their connection. There were barely any lingering feelings from Nanami as she ran off to Yano. However, I am glad that Obata didn't just give Takeuchi to some random girl to get rid of him as a rival, like in so many other shoujo manga (ex. Fruits Basket, Strobe Edge, etc.). Her way of dealing with Takeuchi was unique, and I respect that.

Also, I feel like Sengenji as a character was unneeded. She brought some interesting dialogue, but what really was the point of her character? She is basically just a Yano-fangirl. She did nothing for him when she met him in high school, and she didn't really affect Nanami, Takeuchi, or Yano in the future. There should have been more depth to her, or something she helped in. Actually, there are many characters that really were unnecessary to the manga. A prime example is Maika. She may have helped Yuri to become less hateful of other people, but in the end, there was not such a big impact to her character. Also, Shio-chin, Nanami's friend from college. She was featured a lot in a few chapters, and then utterly forgotten. At least Mizu-chin made it into the future. xP

The manga was just rather scattered at times. And sometimes it was like, drama for the sake of drama. It also felt rather dragged on. Some chapters could have been condensed. Most notably, the flashbacks about Yamamoto-san. It was rather tiresome to read those. And even other chapters as well could have conveyed the same emotion and feelings but in fewer panels.

From what I'm writing, it may seem that I really didn't like BgI, but I actually loved it so much, to tell the truth. One of my favorite things about it was the time skip into the future. It was so NANA-esque, and that's one of my biggest standards for shoujo manga. The skip gave the story so much more depth. I remember a scene when Yana said he "believed in eternity" and then it alluded to the future when they became adults.....It was really such a beautiful panel, something that I will always remember from the manga.

Also, the characters were phenomenal. Although some were rather stagnant (Sengenji, sometimes Nanami), the dynamics between characters were always changing, and they really felt like people with changing emotions. It's a beautiful display of humanity, and I found that most of the characters don't correspond to the usual stereotypes.

This has quickly turned into a long post. xD I just loved Bokura ga Ita so much, and I'm so glad that Yuuki Obata created such a beautiful manga that really stretches the usual shoujo manga. My overall score was a 9, because I enjoyed it like crazy! I kind of neglected my work though, this past week. Always been reading BgI at any free moment. xP

I'll miss you, Nanami, Yano, Takeuchi, and the rest of the gang!! Your adventure was really wonderful to read. :) I love imagining what it would be like if Nanami and Takeuchi ended up together; they were always my favorite couple. But, of course, you've gotta love Yano.
Aug 11, 2013 5:07 AM

Sep 2011
fishergirl16 said:
Also, I feel like Sengenji as a character was unneeded. She brought some interesting dialogue, but what really was the point of her character? She is basically just a Yano-fangirl. She did nothing for him when she met him in high school, and she didn't really affect Nanami, Takeuchi, or Yano in the future. There should have been more depth to her, or something she helped in.

Really? I've seen her more as the missing link Yano and Nanami needed to get back together in part 2 of the series.

True, it could have been another person but the side characters up to this point never had been portrayed with much depth and starting now giving them the extra depth, out of the blue, would be somewhat strange. Takeuichi is out of the question as well, since he wanted to be with Nanami as well.
So what was needed? The introduction of a new character with enough screentime to be of importance. ;P
Also you can see her as a pro-Yano/Nanami person. She might've been a Yano-fangirl at first glance but after her interactions with Yano she knew his determination to stay with his girlfriend is absolute. Sengenji realized she never had a chance against Nanami.
The reason she did nothing for Yano during high school is because she never had the power to do so. Yano is a person who solves problems on hiw own, giving her always a smile though when she wanted to help. But after the death of his mother it went so far that she couldn't reach him anymore, nobody could in fact. Yano saw all the mischief in his life as his own fault and, as a result, punished himself throwing his past life away and living in isolation.

Sengenji helped them during part 2 more than enough. She found Yano, tried to persuade both of them to get back together and encouraged Nanami more than once.
Yes, she gave up halfway when she thought all her talking is useless and there is no way they would ever get back together but, as you have read, Yano had a change of heart after all.

Pretty much an important character if you ask me.^^
Nov 4, 2013 6:19 PM
Oct 2013
I was so irritated with Nanami in the anime but was her #1 fan in the manga lol. Absolutely loved the ending (would have loved to see children) but Yano's proposal was beyond tear jerking for me. After what they went through this ending is truly fitting. Oh and visiting Nana-san's grave....T_T

One more thing...I assume Take and Akiko got together based on the fact that his shop was a sake shop and his kid had black hair :P, or am I wrong??
Nov 4, 2013 6:45 PM
Oct 2013
fishergirl16 said:
Also, I feel like Sengenji as a character was unneeded. She brought some interesting dialogue, but what really was the point of her character? She is basically just a Yano-fangirl. She did nothing for him when she met him in high school, and she didn't really affect Nanami, Takeuchi, or Yano in the future. There should have been more depth to her, or something she helped in.

I think the fact that she found Yano was a big enough contribution from her character because that one event changed the course of their lives. If she hadn't found Yano, Take would have proposed and more than likely Nanami would have eventually accepted (if not right then). And if Yano ever did reappear once they were engaged or married it would have caused a whole lot more problems than it did. I don't think Yano and Take's friendship would have survived if Yano got in the way of their marriage.
I also think we needed a friend's perspective of someone who didn't like Nanami, so having Akiko in the picture kind of balanced the situation. Plus she really was a good friend to both Yano and Nanami while they were separated, despite any ulterior motives she had. She may not have made a huge impact on Yano while he was in high school but she was the closest friend he had, and helped ease his home situation a bit. Could you imagine what would have happened to Yano if the landlord had taken Lalami..? He might have lost it O_O
Oct 1, 2014 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
Ha, this really was an emotional roller coaster, a thrill ride :) The ending was really nicely done considering how the story unfolded - well till the time skip it was quite an obvious ending, heck after the time skip and finding of Yano I really cheered for Takeuchi - he really is a great guy and friend till the end - if it just didn't bite him back so much (well its part of his charm). My TOP are here clearly 1. Takeuchi 2. Nanami 3. Aki - They really built the strong parts of the story, while Yano built the story at it's base. To all I return a Bye Bye.

TokyoCrazyPXD said:
One more thing...I assume Take and Akiko got together based on the fact that his shop was a sake shop and his kid had black hair :P, or am I wrong??

I like to think that too :D
Oct 15, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2014
Whoever recommended me this anime.....FUCK YOU......and thank you.
But seriously this tormented my heart too much. It went too far, by around the 65th chapter all my emotions were burnt to the ground and i was just brain dead at that point.
Feb 11, 2015 7:40 PM

Mar 2013
Just finished the whole thing. Wow. I really couldn't put these novels down since I started reading Vol.2, constantly reading for hours and hours while modifying my playlists on spotify according to how the pace of the manga was at. (I played a bit of spanish ballads and piano stuff)

Epic all nighters is what this story brought to the table. However, after Vol 12 or 13.. the story and execution of the manga just wasn't...idk..gripping. Maybe I just couldn't relate to the characters anymore. In the beginning and through the mid-latish story, it was so new and interesting to me, but then I was gradually starting to skim or skip some conversations and interactions later on. Idk what the heck was going on with Aki- chan near the soon final chapters as she didn't feel as important as she was portrayed with Yano's background, and I also didn't feel I got a good hold of Takeuchi's mindset and reasoning through his story even though he was such an important character I feel...Like it didn't have enough brilliant background as Yano's, or Takahashis, or even Aki-chan's. I didn't understand some interactions between characters in the later parts of the story at all. Maybe I should re-read the novels, but it's been a heck of a ride reading this whole thing so idk if i'm gonna go through with that anytime soon :)

Okay, easily the best shojo-romance manga I've read. I will continue to read more romances and stuff since I've just started this little hobby, and maybe I'll find another amazing series.

Yano and Nanami, amazing things. Takeuchi and Nanami couldv'e worked as well I think :) Bravo!
toughbearFeb 11, 2015 7:49 PM
Mar 9, 2015 9:42 PM

Nov 2011
Welp, I guess memories have plenty of meanings to go around in this series. 7/10 overall, a sweet story although some of the drama felt a bit forced. But overall, memorable for the story presentation.
Apr 8, 2015 3:27 AM
Jun 2013
Just finished the manga...idk what to say, just that my chest hurts so much and I want cry but I can't. To make me feel in this way i think it means something. From what I've read till now I think this is the most hurting manga I've ever read. But I do not regret that I have the chance to read it.Well.. I thinks I learnd something from it. and I think all of us who read it did.
Jul 27, 2015 1:42 PM
Jul 2015
I was very unsure if I wanted to start reading this after seeing the anime because I usually don't read manga. But man I'm glad I did! This ending was way better than the anime !! So fulfilling , the writer did an amazing job choosing that ending. The one where they were at Nana's grave was really nice , a beautiful way to see that Yano is not longer hiding is feelings and is open and ready to move on. Beautiful!! I did secretly hope for a love story between take and aki. But I'm good :p I'll just imagine they met each other and had plenty of babies haha 😂
Dec 8, 2015 1:36 AM
Apr 2013
I just finished and I liked the ending. Yano was finally able to move foward. But still I was a bit sad I didnt have this future aspact at the ending. I always like that. A little peak into the future. Like they marring and getting pregnant. What happens with takeuchi in the future, him with another woman that he finally feels ok with and still friends with nanami. And as a final scene the two of them walking with a kid to the summer festival where their first kiss was. I tought it would end that way.

Other than that I totally loved the series, I always read it with the ost from the anime because it fitted the series so well. It made me cry from time to time and made me have warm feelings toward my own boyfriend. Thanks for the ride Bokura ga ita
Jul 18, 2016 5:23 AM
Feb 2009
loonaxneko said:
I just finished and I liked the ending. Yano was finally able to move foward. But still I was a bit sad I didnt have this future aspact at the ending. I always like that. A little peak into the future. Like they marring and getting pregnant. What happens with takeuchi in the future, him with another woman that he finally feels ok with and still friends with nanami. And as a final scene the two of them walking with a kid to the summer festival where their first kiss was. I tought it would end that way.

Well ending might be a little bit rushed compared to rest of the series (wchich from times to times was streched out).
Wonderful manga. I cant find proper words to describe this, felt like my heart was throw under riding tank, grinded ang placed back... heh... it hurts... T-T all the more I miss proper ending, like mentioned up or just with a single kiss. I also counted that takahashi would be got laid at very least >:] What i wanted the most is that Takeuchi would give his ring to Yano and Yano propose to his love, but i guess i can't complain as long as he proposed more... how to say it... orginally, yea thats Yano we know.

What I especially loved and admired here was friendship and relations between Take and Yano.

Btw, eweryone are praising realizm of story but think of it, if a 18 year old boy would lost his mother he would rather go even faster to those who are close to him, especially if he had such noble love. But yes i know, complexity of Yano character, he lost two loves so he didnt want loose third etc. etc. but its a lil bit far from realism.

Beautifull story about youth, frendship, one sided and requited love, tragedy, faithfullnes and the might of feelings, might of love.

Long post in did, to summarise this heart breaking manga let me quote a sensei from Nana's workplace: "Love requires some sort of talent." And thats why it's so rare and prcious.
Jul 19, 2016 3:24 AM
Jul 2016
This manga was so.... frustrating!!! Tears,laughter and irritation, happiness, anger and jealousy... bokura ga ita brought brought tons of feelings, and for the ones here who have had to struggle as much (or more) than me with love, will more than well know the pain and joy in this manga.. absolutely amazing..
Sep 22, 2016 8:35 PM

Jan 2016
What I loved most about this manga and all the chapters I've read , you can't say that Yano hasn't grown up. He's gone down a long long 5-6yrs road of disorders, stress and heartache.. he tried to get over it the way he thought was best. People continued to come back in his life without taking "no" for an answer. Slowly but surely he found his path. He needed Nanami. And she also grew up. She became stronger and finally realized what she would forever do for him. It's just such a beautiful story with these two. I've always wanted it to end with just them two. It was great that they visited Nana sans grave. He finally let go after 10yrs..
Beautiful story. Just beautiful.
Oct 11, 2016 12:40 AM
Aug 2016
Kiira-san said:
What I loved most about this manga and all the chapters I've read , you can't say that Yano hasn't grown up. He's gone down a long long 5-6yrs road of disorders, stress and heartache.. he tried to get over it the way he thought was best. People continued to come back in his life without taking "no" for an answer. Slowly but surely he found his path. He needed Nanami. And she also grew up. She became stronger and finally realized what she would forever do for him. It's just such a beautiful story with these two. I've always wanted it to end with just them two. It was great that they visited Nana sans grave. He finally let go after 10yrs..

I dont know if it's the translation, but I don't really get the problem with Yano. Is it he left Nanami because he couldn't move on from Nana and his mom? What is Yano's problems.... it's hard to describe lol

Piggyback said:
This manga was so.... frustrating!!! Tears,laughter and irritation, happiness, anger and jealousy... bokura ga ita brought brought tons of feelings, and for the ones here who have had to struggle as much (or more) than me with love, will more than well know the pain and joy in this manga.. absolutely amazing..

Arghhhh I dont know if it's the translations or what not but it's so depressing for me not being really able to understand why Yano left Nanami and how they got back together
Trafalgar_DLawOct 11, 2016 12:47 AM
Oct 11, 2016 5:56 AM

Jan 2016
[quote=Trafalgar_DLaw message=48102292]
Kiira-san said:

I dont know if it's the translation, but I don't really get the problem with Yano. Is it he left Nanami because he couldn't move on from Nana and his mom? What is Yano's problems.... it's hard to describe lol

if I remember correctly, he left the first time on the train because of his mom. then juggling being at the new school, keeping in touch with Nanami and also making sure his mom was good. build some stress. then when his mom died, he just wanted to block everyone. he figured Nanami was stronger than him and that she didn't need him. she should just be with Take.. I wanna say he didn't know how to talk to her or any of his friends about his problems. and the best way for him was to run away and act like they weren't around. but later on in the chapters when she would do her best to see and talk to him, he would let out little by little. all his dreams, flash backs and anxiety were coming back more often than usual and he knew it was because Nanami was back in his life.. I can't remember how they both ended up meeting nd going to Nana sans grave... I think Nanami bought her ticket and went with him.. but I do remember that talk that they had and Yano finally said after all that time that he loved her and moved forward with also the help of Yamamoto san. she's the one that made him see his reality.
Jun 1, 2017 12:13 AM

Jan 2013
Thankfully there was a happy ending. After such a sad second half.
Nov 19, 2017 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
I have to say... I waited 10 years to finish the manga. I did it today. And this final chapter made me feel so many things. Memorable. Loved it a lot. One of the mangas of my life.
Dec 17, 2017 11:57 AM

Mar 2012
I think my faith in true love has just been restored..... i finished this in just 2 days and i have an exam tomorrow. Ugh this manga was such a wild ride but I LOVED IT!!!!! I loved how everyone kind of had their own story, and each played a part in the way nanami and yano grew as people while they were apart. I think yano's been battered enough as a character. Being in his shoes is incredibly tough, some people should really cut his character some slack. U were amazing babe u deserve all the happiness in the world!!!!!!
don't save her, she don't wanna be saved.
Dec 28, 2017 2:30 AM

Jan 2016
chopin said:
I think my faith in true love has just been restored..... i finished this in just 2 days and i have an exam tomorrow. Ugh this manga was such a wild ride but I LOVED IT!!!!! I loved how everyone kind of had their own story, and each played a part in the way nanami and yano grew as people while they were apart. I think yano's been battered enough as a character. Being in his shoes is incredibly tough, some people should really cut his character some slack. U were amazing babe u deserve all the happiness in the world!!!!!!

I feel the same way.. The ending gave me so much feels
Jan 23, 2018 9:46 AM
Jan 2018
I don't like the ending. Just my personal opinion. Unrealistic story. Most highschool Lovers r puppy love. Most readers were teens btw. I read it again after 5 years. I really like it before because I was immature/inexperienced. Technically/most cases, Take and Nanami end up in marriage.
Maybe, time never healed her wounded heart and still living n highschool memories. Never faded which might be impossible in most cases.
JuramentadoJan 23, 2018 10:11 AM
Oct 25, 2018 10:55 PM

Aug 2016
whew, what a ride. after so many times i've dropped this manga, i'm glad i picked it up again.
Feb 1, 2019 4:38 PM

Jan 2014
I should've stopped after watching the anime. Curiosity got the better of me and now I am slowly starting to dislike this series. Pre-time skip, this is one of the best slice of life/romance series I've ever seen. There was something about it that is so addicting and memorable. However, post-time-skip the writing became sloppy, the characters regressed into pathetic and unlikeable people, and the series was just not enjoyable anymore. It started to become more and more unbearable to read.

7/10 - I originally gave the high school segment of this series a 9 but after that, it was just a trainwreck.
Recommend me an anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 1 Discussion

pranss0_0 - Apr 22, 2023

0 by pranss0_0 »»
Apr 22, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 41 Discussion

RediceRyan - Jan 20, 2017

1 by Shikkakku »»
Mar 22, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2015

3 by Shikkakku »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:44 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 45 Discussion

Sennin_Darkissa - Nov 7, 2008

18 by chaosjelly »»
Nov 6, 2022 6:54 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Chapter 52 Discussion

Nanakogin - Oct 14, 2009

13 by SA_Otaku »»
Sep 5, 2022 9:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.