Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2012 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Both of them are out.

School festival time! Short hair girl is not satisfied with the result and that the Junes guy signed up for the contest for the girls. She fought back and signed the guys up for the contest wearing girls' outfit. LOL~~ the guy's long explanation!!

The guy is good at sport? And he got a girl liking the music, but not good at, injured.

Dating session (Goukon)?? lol~ Junes guy x the guy?

Drama time.

Band is having hard time, and the girl is giving up. The guy brings her to have some fun. The Itou-san character brought the guy to uranai, and the voice is Velvet??

Contests time. lol @ guys wearing girls outfit?! lol~ Kuma is participating, too! and won!

Contests for girls heating up with idol girl. Detective "guy", too, but she hid away (she didn't wear swimming suit, though). Eh?? Naoto won instead?

Idol girl was confused but is back to work, and the music girl is practicing.

Nice ep.

To the yokan next ep.
tsubasaloverFeb 17, 2012 9:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 16, 2012 9:15 AM

May 2010
Igor and Margaret are out for the episode..

Lmao, Yu and his King's game, what has drunk Rise done...
This episode should have been called "poor yosuke".

Sun Arcana = Ayane, not Yumi. All Arcana Obtained, no more new SLinks.
Rise's Lovers Arcana social link is going to be maxed.

Oh god, Narukami picked the girl's side, although, it was inevitable as they're going with the "no one" route on the "cannon girlfriend" thing.

ROFL @ YosukexYu. Oh god, the fangirls are gonna love this.

2/22 - Blu-ray volume 4 out.

Cross-dressing:
LMAO, Signs of Love playing.
Holy Crap. LOL @ Rise still being extremely attracted to Narukami.
Well, Teddie won, quite damn obvious, he makes such a pretty girl.

Girls:
Rofl @ Narukami thanking god.
Rise has my vote as always second would be Naoto than Chie...

NAOTO! Actually got into the swimsuit?

Rofl @ Kanji

Poor Rise...My heart...

Anyways, for an episode that was suppose to be extremely funny, I think pretty much lacked, but as expected, it doesn't beat the King's game in the anime/or game for me. I did like how they incorporated Rise's link into the festival though, still a 3/5 for me,

I guess Teddie had to be blocked due to "story" purposes...

Next Scent: We'll all meet at the Amagi Inn. Well, it's the beginning of the end of "light" episodes.

Anyone notice an upset Yumi?

Possibly mad at not being the official "Sun Arcana", LOL.
Feb 16, 2012 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
RealScreamer said:

NAOTO! Actually got into the swimsuit?

No, she didn't. It's just strap to the bra, and her fingers in front of her.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 16, 2012 10:14 AM

May 2010
tsubasalover said:
No, she didn't. It's just strap to the bra, and her fingers in front of her.

I'm pretty sure it's a swimsuit...I mean, I don't think Naoto wears a bra underneath, I believe she wraps her chest area to make it smaller...And I don't think wearing a bra and wrapping her chest area can go together, lol...
Feb 16, 2012 10:49 AM

May 2009
RealScreamer said:

ROFL @ YosukexYu. Oh god, the fangirls are gonna love this.

Oh man, they will be even more of a pain in the ass now.
Feb 16, 2012 11:17 AM

Oct 2011
Cute and Funny episode. Man Kuma wowed everyone : ) OMG Eureka Seven Astral Ocean preview at the end of the episode!!
Feb 16, 2012 11:51 AM

Apr 2011
A drawings were terrible in this episode. Terrible.

Yuu's monologue... killed me. By laugh. LOL!
On the surface he's silent, but it really is an awful chatterbox!

Ayane plays almost as much as I do! (taking into account the fact that I can't play the trombone)

Brotag sat at the girls' side - I was really curious, which side he will choose.
He's girlish voice...! xD

HA! CAUGHT in the ACT! Now we know, where Margaret works after hours!

Such big screens and posters with photos straight from a photo shoot... Their school is really well equipped and rich.

Kanji dressed in Marilyn Monroe's style - I will always like it.

Only Brotag can make girls blush when wearing women's clothes! Respect.

I waited long for this crossdressing scene, but... Naoto in SWIMSUIT!? NO WAY! But she was shown from the back and I don't believe that it was underwear! I won't forgive, noooope :|

And Amagi's inn is next, right? I think that Brotag will choose the "hold the line" option!

cyrylekFeb 16, 2012 11:00 PM
Feb 16, 2012 1:20 PM

May 2009
Bah, I wanted MC to rush to the men's seat. That would have been a lot better than him going to the women's seat. On the other hand, I love how Kanji basically describes Naoto as his ideal woman AEHUAEHAEUHAEUHAEU

Yosuke just reminded me of: DON'T DO ANYTHING GAY! LOL Instead he is the one getting the wrong ideas lol

Signs of Love Reincarnation Version ♥

In the end, though, I expected way more from this episode.
AiNoHikariToKageFeb 16, 2012 1:27 PM
Feb 16, 2012 3:21 PM

May 2010
.. Despite this episode being a social gain and a rank up, it seemed pointless, I found Ai/Kou's episode more important, the delivery in Rise's rank up was weak as it was all mixed around the episode, lack of attention to Ayane(perhaps i'm use to new SLinks taking the whole episode) and too much was going on with the festival aswell - which lack some scenes... Everything seemed more "Meh"(except for the comedy), it's weird 'cause Im usually super positive with this series... Hopefully next week is better...

Miya_F_Exia said:
Oh man, they will be even more of a pain in the ass now.

Tell me about it, I'm all for shipping but the fangirls take it to a new level with all the hard-yaoi stuff. I never seen such "graphic" work from other shipping pairs in this series like I have with those two,lol..
Feb 16, 2012 3:23 PM
Aug 2008
I think it was funny enough to get a 5 stars just as the other episodes did.
Narukami is just so funny with his "leave it at that" thing.

Well I guess Yukiko is now the only one left on the girls side to have her Link be maxed out.

Btw Kanami is cute, huh. Maybe she will appear on the Mightnight Channel?
Feb 16, 2012 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
Even though I always said good things about the show, II must say that it was a bit weak this time around. They wanted to do so much so they just threw it all together and a lot of things looked half-assed, with drama too short to actually give any feeling. Rise's Slink looked too forceful. And that beauty pageant, which I was really looking forward to, was almost fast forwarded. The guysXgirls talk was better handled in the game if you ask me.
Feb 17, 2012 9:45 AM

Dec 2011
damn i want to watch it D:

where is da subsss~~~ D:

Naoto! y u so cute! *slapped*

I Am Fujoshi~ so what?
I am M! and love punishment~
Feb 17, 2012 12:24 PM

Apr 2010
I feel like the last serious arc will be VERY rushed. =|
Feb 17, 2012 12:39 PM

Apr 2009
Solkiskey said:

This. They only have 6 episodes left to work with now, and the next episode apparently wont be related to the main plot at all. So that's 5 to shove EVERY BIT of the last part of the story in. I'm all for maxing out all the S.Links, but unless they're able to make more episodes...I dunno.
Feb 17, 2012 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Please! Make me a man!
Hilarious moment xD
Feb 17, 2012 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
Damn this episode was funny. ROLF @ Yu's girly voice and girl name, Yuko..
Plus those guys crossdressing suits..
RealScreamer said:

Anyone notice an upset Yumi?

Possibly mad at not being the official "Sun Arcana", LOL.

Poor Yumi, she will never get a change again to appear in the anime (probably, lol).

Yu also making the King Game sticks was funny, and the talking at the roof. :D So next time it's time to go to Amagi Inn, huh?~
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Feb 17, 2012 5:10 PM

Jan 2011
another funny episode totally forgot about how teddie won Via Trap!,but i do worry that the final bits will be rushed too with only a few episodes left.
Feb 17, 2012 6:44 PM

Jul 2009
red_meat said:
Solkiskey said:

This. They only have 6 episodes left to work with now, and the next episode apparently wont be related to the main plot at all. So that's 5 to shove EVERY BIT of the last part of the story in. I'm all for maxing out all the S.Links, but unless they're able to make more episodes...I dunno.

7 episodes left to be exact since the air time for Eureka AO has been announced, and then it seems like half of next episode will get into the last arc
Feb 17, 2012 7:28 PM

Jan 2008
"Away on business". Well that was disappointing. I was hoping to see some Margaret this week. Unless the limo is a dream, it's like they kidnapped him while he was asleep just to troll him and see how he reacts from elsewhere.

I love how Yuu gets into character. I act in a similar way that Yuu did just to make my friends uncomfortable too. And I see Kanji is still unsure of being on one side or the other.

Also disappointed we didn't get Yumi for Sun Arcana. Instead we get "self-esteem issues girl" Ayane.

Estoy_GordoFeb 17, 2012 8:08 PM
Feb 17, 2012 7:55 PM

Jan 2008
I laughed when the 'Fortune Teller' was about to tell Ai the love of his life and he shouted out "Don't even go there". It's like a big 'fuck you' to all of its Shipper Fans.
Feb 17, 2012 9:27 PM

Jan 2009
I like what they did here. Rushed yes, but they really needed to make room for next 3...probably 2 dungeons. At this point True ending is going to be an OVA or something.
Feb 17, 2012 9:54 PM
Apr 2011
Oh geez
Feb 18, 2012 1:17 AM

Jun 2011
Oh kanji.
Feb 18, 2012 1:21 AM

Oct 2009
LOL at this.
I agree True end prob b a OVA.
He needs all the items from Max links to get it anyway and he only has the photo from Rise from what i remember.
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Feb 18, 2012 2:11 AM

Aug 2009
man did everything feel rush or what?
Feb 18, 2012 3:42 AM

Apr 2011
For some reason I got excited when Margaret was being the fortune teller.... totally caught me off guard. I thought it was going to be Igor. Not sure if it's related to the game 'cause I haven't played it lol.... (though I know I really should =_=)
Feb 18, 2012 5:21 AM

Apr 2009
jeroz said:
red_meat said:
Solkiskey said:

7 episodes left to be exact since the air time for Eureka AO has been announced, and then it seems like half of next episode will get into the last arc

Oh. Well in that case, they might be able to pull it off. I still have my doubts, but we'll see, I guess.
Feb 18, 2012 6:02 AM

Oct 2010
Kanji is my spirit animal. That is all.
Eat some steak and scoot up to bed~
Feb 18, 2012 8:28 AM
Jun 2010
7 episodes left...judging from the next episode bit, 6 possibly involving the main plot...

I like P4...but the end is shaping up to be a rushed up disaster, like the Shadow Kuma episodes.

Shame...my favorite character is gonna get the same treatment as Shadow Kuma :(
Feb 18, 2012 1:05 PM

Jun 2009
lol
The group date thing was really awkward but funny at the same time. Yuu immedietly went to the girl's side and even started to talk like one 8D I loved the YosukexYuu moment!! OH and the "hobby question" lol

I'm pretty sure that Naoto had put the swimsuit on( poor Kanji with his nose bleed and "make me a man" comment).
I don't remember what happened in the game though..(it's been 3 years since I played it)
lol I remember Teddie winnig....I was scared when Kanji came out though >.>

T-T Nanako!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 18, 2012 3:30 PM

Apr 2011
I really liked this episode. Not only because it was Ayane and not Yumi. Not only cause the amazing talking skills Narukami has will make me watch Pico x Chico (i think it will take him 45 minutes, though). Not only for the fact that Yuu is all the badass and stoic you want, yet Ai scares the shit out of him. No, that stuff made the ep cool, but the best part was galactic punt, people! And twice! In less than a minute! How come nobody mention it!?
Feb 18, 2012 6:03 PM

Aug 2010
Rise FTW!
Feb 18, 2012 7:38 PM

Sep 2007
Good episode but they rushed the Sun Arcana just too much. Also the QUALITY was just too horrible for my tastes.
Next week they probably "max" the High Priestess Arcana and maybe Fortune too since they don't have much time left for the last 3 dungeons. Even so I liked it.
The only one thing I'm waiting for is to watch the christmas event animated and I'll be SERIOUSLY disappointed if isn't with "schoolgirl" Naoto.
Feb 18, 2012 10:35 PM

Jan 2011
this show is freaking hilarious xD
[center]
Feb 18, 2012 11:48 PM

Dec 2009
Keodara said:
For some reason I got excited when Margaret was being the fortune teller.... totally caught me off guard. I thought it was going to be Igor. Not sure if it's related to the game 'cause I haven't played it lol.... (though I know I really should =_=)

I recently just passed this part in the game, and I believe it was actually supposed to be Igor. His voice actor actually died last year of a heart attack, and the only reason Igor was able to be in the anime was because they used recordings from the game.

Feka said:
The only one thing I'm waiting for is to watch the christmas event animated and I'll be SERIOUSLY disappointed if isn't with "schoolgirl" Naoto.

OMG, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT. I'm going to have a major fangasm if they animate that!
Feb 19, 2012 12:31 AM

Aug 2007
Trombone playing Never More theme. That is all.
Feb 19, 2012 2:56 AM

Nov 2011
shadowraze said:
Trombone playing Never More theme. That is all.

4kicks said:

As for the reason why Margaret was out, she was doing fortune-telling at the school. I think she was about to say "His love life is....with every girl"

^THIS
also very nice touch when ayane played the trombone during rise/yu conversation

oh man yu is just awesome in this ep!
- that 30 min. motivational speech & his obsession from king's game still stuck
- Yuuko!!! (& almost make yosuke gay for him)
- BANCHOU YUU: Girl Mode is Manlier than I thought
- He get caught by Ebi for pimping & LOL Margaret as that fortune teller+ Velvet Room theme played with the radio XD

ROFL @ crossdressing competition & Kanji's nosebleed
arena149Feb 19, 2012 3:05 AM
Feb 19, 2012 9:30 AM

May 2009
This was really rushed.
I had no breaks to breath from all the laughing.
Proswag will be the death of me.
Feb 19, 2012 8:14 PM

Sep 2007
Aww man....they put Yuu on the girl's side in the group date. I was crossing my fingers for them to put Yosuke there.

But despite that they still managed to squeeze that hilarious Yuu x Yosuke reference.

Ohh Narukami xD you're just too awesome. LOL

Oh yes...and I'm also surprised Naoto actually did try to change clothes.... in the game she just merely appeared in the audience in her normal clothes--if I recall correctly....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 20, 2012 10:24 AM

May 2008
SoujiYosuke was there in game, and still there in anime. Welp, I'm impressed.

Also Daisuke... "I hate girls."

KOU..YOU LOVE THEM BALLS. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, BUDDY.

Feb 21, 2012 4:56 AM

Dec 2009
"My favorite food is pudding."
"Liar! It's meat."
LOL couldn't stop laughing XD
Feb 21, 2012 8:58 AM

Apr 2011
Anyway, it can't be only 6 episodes to end. I should be over 25 or 26 eps. Because they have not gone too far forward in the investigation. But, if they shorten as much investigation as SLinks' episodes, it actually may be only a few...
Feb 21, 2012 11:13 AM

May 2009
KayChan4U said:
SoujiYosuke was there in game, and still there in anime. Welp, I'm impressed.

Why are you impressed? After all, the tv series has been trying to please every fandom, so it's only natural. Up to now we have fanservice for nearly (if not all) all possible couples from P4.
Feb 21, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
I loved this ep!

I esp love Yosuke.. that guy is so cool :) He's probably the coolest friend I wish I had lol. And sometimes I swear he's the most sane person on the show. I couldn't stop laughing at everything he said.

And the end... a bit of a let down. I was hoping Rise and Yuu would hug or something!

Feb 22, 2012 2:50 AM
Sep 2008
Good god damn, Narukami can even charm the homophobia right out of Yosuke. XD
Feb 23, 2012 5:30 AM

Apr 2010
Is it just me or was the animation different and really bad for this episode?
Feb 25, 2012 12:03 AM

Feb 2012
XD i laughed so much in this episode!!! Esp. when Yu was staring at Yosuke so much it creeped him out and made him spaz out!

And i was wondering when i was going to see Kuma in his girly costume. Yu really does look good as a girl.

hehe... in the beginning i was wondering where igor and Margaret had gone off too. I guess they wanted a little more screen time in the actual show... i just wish margaret had been allowed to finish saying about Yu's love life.
I'm a Mangaka in training watch me as i make my way to the top!!

Wanted: A sensei to teach me and push me in the right direction for being a mangaka
Feb 26, 2012 9:33 PM

Oct 2011
The animation quality DIED in this episode, but DAMN is the comedy great in this..

Love all the little things they got right, and I love seeing Naoto in her swi- HNNNNNNNGGGGG.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 27, 2012 12:27 AM

Sep 2008
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I wanted to see Naoto in her Bikini.
I really thought the fat short one was going to win for some odd reason.

I wanted more of trumpet girl too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 2012 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
If it wasn't swimsuits, Teddy would have participated. And probably won.

Also nice that Yosuke didn't even have to see it that Kanji had nosebleed.

And the scene when Teddy announced it would be in swimsuits.. Chie and Yukiko both like "wtf?", but Rise didn't even blink.

I'd also love to know what Yuu said to convince them to participate. Or was it more like "if we don't, he will continue talking?"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.