Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Finals Episode 7 Discussion

Feb 15, 2012 8:22 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was kind of anticlimatic =/ oh well i was hoping for the national tournament to be better but it is good enough i guess.

Awesome Sig by Lailide

Oct 24, 2015 6:47 AM

Everything went by in a flash. Too many superpowers in the end bullshit hindered my enjoyment at times.
All credit goes to Sacred.

Aug 19, 2016 4:33 PM

Ryoma won by getting a DBZ-style power up in which even his hairstyle changes... I do like the bit about Tenimuhou being so something everyone has but forgets... That having fun is the most important and not to lose sight of that while pursuing victory... But kind of silly bringing that out in the last episode after the whole series was about trying to win.

Anyway, overall the OVAs were less than I'd hoped for, there was too much ~*~auras~*~ and power ups and battle of wills. They also stopped explaining the techniques which I always enjoyed and gave the tennis some semblance of realism. I felt like Ryoma won his matches because he was able to copy his opponents' techniques along with the ridiculous power ups which seems like a cop out to me. If I take this series to be a battle shounen though, I'd have to say Samurai Drive was a pretty cool move.

I think I only enjoyed some of the matches from the semifinals, and I liked Shitenhouji in general. The glimpses of backstory that we got on some of the players (Yukimura, Sanada, Tezuka) was nice but far too little.

Nov 28, 2017 1:38 PM
This is the best episode in all of Prince of Tennis.
This is the best beach episode of any anime, ever.