Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 7, 2017 8:10 AM

May 2016
My first impression was like O_O I thought I was ended up in a hentai after that it became a massacre damn that girl is crazy scary I didn't expected to be this gore, to be honest she is really cute specially when she says Nyu not this new Nyan Nyan.
Mar 2, 2018 6:53 AM
Dec 2017
cool.. that girl just change? what happen to Lucy's behavior.. she is a cool blooded murderer.. why not she attack them ? i think i'm not gonna understand that ! what up with it!
Mar 24, 2018 11:17 AM

Sep 2017
The part where Elfen Lied/Nyu kills all those guards was awesome. Those bullets deflected off her. And that assistant. The cute klutz doesn't get even a minute of screen time.

And then Kouta/School Days protagonist comes in. He is seriously a foolish guy. He got ripped off that deal with his cousin and doesn't call the police or ambulance when a girl washes up on the shore. Is Japan always this guest friendly?

Something bad will happen to Katou soon. Preferably he gets his head ripped off.

And Nyu looks like a bad ripoff of Holo.
JeremiahOrangeMar 24, 2018 11:24 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 26, 2018 9:08 AM

Jun 2017
ARGHHAAA!! MY FUCKING EYES AHHH! The.... most GENERIC looking MC of the fucking CENTURY. Seriously WTF was going through the character designers head when he created that monstrosity. Oh... sorry, lost myself for a second there. It's been a while I've seen the-generic-mc-card pulled up. And in a convincing manner aswell and oh yeah holy shit the gore, loved it. Been craving it recently.
NEOMay 26, 2018 9:16 AM
Nov 22, 2018 7:59 AM
Nov 2018
HurnavvajsjdbsvshjdjvavJiiiii
Nov 27, 2018 7:36 AM
Oct 2018
Chelle said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just started watching this series. Now... I can get into a little blood and gore now and again (as long as it's in anime form and not slasher flicks)... but OH.My.GOD. Just five minutes into the first episode, and I was covering my eyes, and gasping loudly, and thinking "Oh shit, what the f*** have I gotten myself into?" The part where she telekenetically just rips that guys heart from his chest... O_o

Yeah... awesome... looking forward to the next episode... will probably watch tonight... lol.

Just because of this post, I'll give this one a shot. Appears to be what I'm looking for. Thanks mate
Nov 29, 2018 8:34 PM

Nov 2018
Literally the first couple minutes was just gore and nudity, and I’m EXTRMELY interested in the rest with that said. This series looks absolutely brutal with a good story to boot, I’m definitely excited to watch more.
Feb 27, 2019 8:43 AM
Apr 2016
I dropped this a few years ago, coming back to finish it this time. A lot of fanservice, gore, & drama. Seems promising & good.
Mar 15, 2019 9:10 PM

Dec 2018
at least she didn't piss on carpet, that'd have been a bitch
May 18, 2019 12:04 AM

Jul 2016
My little naked Diclonius can't be this cute!

Giving this anime a second chance after being on my "On Hold" list for a long time... and yep, this first episode was as unnecessarily violent as I remember it was. Basically, too absurd to be taken seriously.

Listening to the OP again was really nice tho.
Jul 9, 2019 5:44 PM
Jul 2008
I just watched this anime again over 10 years after seeing it the first time. I watched season 2 of Stranger Things a couple of weeks ago and it made me think of this series. After watching that season of Stranger Things, I stumbled upon an interview with the Duffer Brothers that created the show. They said Elfen Lied was an inspiration behind them making Stranger Things. After thinking about Elfen Lied when I was watching Stranger Things and then seeing it mentioned in an article, I had no choice but to revisit this series. I'd honestly forgotten how good it was. The first few minutes of this episode reminded me right away.
Apr 29, 2020 8:55 AM

Mar 2020
this bitch needs some milk
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 17, 2020 2:25 PM
Apr 2020
I think it was a strong beginning, like, first thing you get to see is literally gore (also, why is she naked? we will never know..). I like that kind of stuff sometimes but hey, that was really quiet a strong way to introduce you to the story. Lucy though. The change in her personality happened all out the sudden but I think I liked that too. Idk, it was ok for me lol
May 22, 2020 1:59 PM

Dec 2018
Well that was 1 way to attract people to watch this show...

The opening and the ending is just like the difference between Lucy and Nyu.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 6, 2020 5:11 AM
Feb 2020
Pretty raw of the bat pretty good tbh
Jul 14, 2020 1:40 AM

Sep 2016
You know, I was saving this for a time when I start craving for something different from what I usually watch, and I wasn't disappointed.

This just feel like one of those 90s gorey and fanserviecey OVAs that aren't actually good, but they're just so fun to watch.
Jul 14, 2020 1:42 AM

Jun 2020
No hate, but I thought I'd enjoy this after watching the first episode. But this turned out to be much worse than I had imagined. It's pretty bad imo.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 16, 2020 5:17 PM
Aug 2020
i was like this O_O the whole time holy shitt!! Bandooh or whatever his name is made me laugh when he punched that girl like chill omg

i don't really like the style/art of the characters but the story seems nice.
Sep 26, 2020 4:34 PM

Jul 2020
That was bloody, but it’s fine. I was actually expecting much worse, hopefully on the other episodes.
Jan 19, 2021 7:49 PM

Jan 2019
Man, this opening is so creepy
ShaxiXxJan 20, 2021 1:53 PM
Jan 27, 2021 2:38 PM

Jan 2020
honestly i decided to watch this just for the feeling of watching a comedy anime after watching something with a heck a lot of gore, blood, nudity and more blood~!

and i can say that this was not a let-down.

the first 10 minutes was literally all i needed. very entertaining to watch
that unnecessary nudity wasn't really needed, but it is rated R+ so i guess i just have to deal with that. basically the OP and ED both have naked lucy... so im pretty sure there will be plenty more.

i really dislike the OP and the ED is below average though.
not as bad as i expected. a bit weird, but the gore is great.

im expecting more blood, gore, and a lot of nudity in the next episodes.
3099Jan 27, 2021 2:51 PM
Mar 4, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2019
wow, incredible gore and violence, and the animation is so fluid

I love the atmosphere
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Sep 18, 2021 10:27 PM

Mar 2021
the fansub is so cute when the anime is violent lol

looks like gonna be a fun watch, watched this bc i've heard it's an anti-hero protagonist anime
Oct 19, 2021 6:50 PM

Sep 2021
Why is nobody talking about the fact that those kids literally brought a naked and weird stranger into their house. Taking her to the police should've been the most logical option imo.
Oct 19, 2021 9:08 PM
Jul 2014
@Althaf_ The boy suggests that, but the girl suggests taking her home first. By taking her home and getting her dressed and cleaned up, it would spare her family from potential shame. While there are HUGE issues with this show, that part wasn't actually too crazy.
Dec 20, 2021 6:05 AM

Jul 2021
A first episode Okay.
I see potential in the anime, it could be good.
asdasdsadad
Dec 27, 2021 6:18 AM
Jul 2018
Stranger things has to be based off this right?
Jan 8, 2022 12:04 PM

Jun 2019
mattnoce said:
Stranger things has to be based off this right?

I haven't personally watched any of that series, but the creators or some of the creative personnel involved in it commented a few years ago, I believe, that yes, they were directly inspired by it.
Mar 10, 2022 1:30 AM

Oct 2021
QUICK! Everyone shoot her at the same time and from the same angle!
also stand completely still so she can slowly walk her ass up to us and then rip our heads off!

P.S. what was lucy eating to make her body so damn bulletproof?

P.P.S. good music and big booba
Jul 23, 2022 9:52 AM

Jul 2021
Oh man this was quite something. The "gore" in the start was laughable, although the atmosphere was really well done so I was able to refrain myself from laughing. Yes I'm desensitized to gore, how did you know? Also lots of booba was present and it was good booba, well drawn, looked really good, perfect size and shape, the nipples were really good looking as well, pink and also kind of erect. The animation itself is pretty good, I'm watching the upscaled BD version so maybe that's the reason but the anime overall looks beautiful and the animation style also reminds that this is an old anime.

Didn't understand why Lucy didn't kill that boss dude, she literally passed him and what's up with the main boss who was watching the live CCTV footage? Seemed like it was him who opened the small gate to let Lucy escape only for her to get shot with the rifle.

Not gonna lie, this split personality Lucy is kinda cute, getting must protecc vibes for her but we also know that it is us who needs protection from her lmao. But now that I've got must protecc feelings for Lucy, it's impossible to lewd her for me.

We saw numeruous brutal murders taking place but the scene which hurt me the most to watch was the one where the woman was just kicked by that shooter dude for no real reason, I felt quite bad for the woman, she couldn't even do anything, helpless with tears in her eyes. They did a good job in making the viewers dislike him, I already want him to die haha.

The OP is pretty unique and good. The ED also is pretty catchy.

Pretty interesting, gripping and entertaining episode overall. 5/5.

NEO said:
ARGHHAAA!! MY FUCKING EYES AHHH! The.... most GENERIC looking MC of the fucking CENTURY. Seriously WTF was going through the character designers head when he created that monstrosity. Oh... sorry, lost myself for a second there. It's been a while I've seen the-generic-mc-card pulled up. And in a convincing manner aswell and oh yeah holy shit the gore, loved it. Been craving it recently.
Did you stop to think how old this anime is before making this post? The character design wasn't generic at that time, it has become generic after all these years.
TsutanaiFuunJul 23, 2022 9:59 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 16, 2022 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
This anime is a great kitchen utensil, because it's got enough edge to cut everything and anything.
Aug 23, 2022 2:21 PM
May 2021
WTH THE GIRL IS PISSING ON THE FLOOR ! MAN WTF but the blood and the brutal dead pepole is 10/9
Nov 7, 2022 2:22 AM
Nov 2021
i dont know whats going on but lucy is badass so thats cool
Nov 13, 2022 3:15 PM

Apr 2021
thb, I liked the first episode. Lots of gore and a mysterious background of a mysterious girl. I guess I'll see why there's so much stigma about this anime.
Jan 11, 2023 9:20 AM
Jan 2023
full intrigant et mystérieux, bon rythme
Feb 25, 2023 10:52 AM
Feb 2023
Good Goodyear Goodyear
May 3, 2023 12:58 AM

Nov 2022
Commits war-crimes level voluntary manslaughter

NYUUU!
May 5, 2023 6:00 PM
Sep 2022
Tbh her character really pissed me off this episode, not that good of a start but after reading a bit and looking at reviews im still going to watch more.
Jul 28, 2023 3:31 PM

Oct 2021
Found this anime after getting its OP recommended in Spotify. Aside from the gore and killing (which I've seen too many times already), I can't seem to figure out the mystery behind the girl. Did the mask posses that girl and control her, is that why she's clueless literally about everything? Although I think my first guess is the most logical, did the girl perhaps change faces (as in being two faced) to seem innocent because the mask was what gave her power? The start of the anime sure was unexpected, extreme killing right off the start. Despite everyone's hatred about this anime, I will see it for myself and decide whether it's good or not. And as far as I've seen in the last minute, she's called Lucy, right? And is she maybe a reincarnation of the girl that collected seashells? I don't know but my observation is just making me suspect everything.
yes.
Aug 20, 2023 8:05 AM
Dec 2019
It was real. Literally one of the episodes of all time.
Oct 1, 2023 1:00 PM

Oct 2022
Wow i wasn't prepared for boobs within the first minute. This looks good but for fuck sake please can she learn Japanese i don't want to hear her say Nyu 24/7 it makes me want to kms. Also Bandoh is a dangerous man, way to trigger happy and jumpy.
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Nov 10, 2023 2:26 AM
Nov 2018
The casual mention that Lucy was a minor at the end by Murderous Supersoldier Man made me die inside. I feel dirty now.
Nov 18, 2023 10:16 PM

Dec 2019
Ah yes, nothing quite like a casual deranged psychopathic misogynist breaking every single rule of gun safety and committing every single action that could get him dishonorably discharged from any armed force.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Jan 25, 7:18 PM
Jul 2021
rotten. its only violence. only violence
Jan 25, 7:19 PM
Jul 2021
rotten. its only violence. only violence
Feb 5, 2:22 PM

Jan 2014
Well that was quite an opening episode!

There is a certain factor to this anime like it draws me in and I want to watch more to see where it goes I would say. I do wonder how I would have taken to this anime when it was released whether I would pursue it further or draw back from it. Because while I have seen plenty of bloody and violent animes before something about all those guards and then that poor airheaded secretary getting slaughtered so easily in that bloodbath unnerved me a bit (guess it's good I'm not too jaded or desensitized yet XD).

Then we get all these adorable wholesome scenes with Lucy/Nyu. Certainly it is quite a combination but like I said this mixture wants me to watch further! The direction and set up is pretty solid thus far and the animation and art style I think works very well too it has a good amount of potential.

That guard dude is really unhinged to say the least I imagine he will get his comeuppance in the next episode though.

That OP is an absolute banger though and that ED I believe I like it as it draws certain familiar memories from me as well.

I do wonder what is the story behind Lucy/Nyu as well as some of the mystery set up for the past of Kouta maybe they connect I'll just have to wait and see; looking forward to what comes next!

Feb 26, 7:50 AM
Feb 2020
Bando doesn't look nearly as cool as he does in the manga.
Mar 10, 7:41 AM

Aug 2019
you can see its age
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 12:37 PM
Feb 2021
hayatımda izlediğim en iyi ve en duygulu animeydi
Apr 1, 1:49 PM
Jan 2024
A strong start to the story.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

429 by DigitalCoin »»
Mar 11, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

84 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.