Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2012 8:33 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, according to MAL, the second episode is already out but I can not find it and according to this page it will be aired February 24.
So, which one is correct?
There is nearly a whole month between the dates, how did that happen?
Feb 19, 2012 7:50 AM
May 2007
You should read More Info, it's always confusing when we are out of Japan and MAL actually relies on air times in Japan more than the releasing dates of the official DVDs. I'm still waiting for the 2nd DVD also another fansub has to pick this up, seriously.
Feb 29, 2012 2:07 PM

Jun 2011
This episode just randomly ended....

Sigh...
Mar 11, 2012 10:25 PM
Oct 2011
Just watched the 2nd episode on animeultima.tv today. it ended so well!! i wish the game producers finish the second chapter psp game in english already!!! they are taking so slow! and the story's just so good!!

Anyone have the download link to this 2nd episode? I need it!! (even though i've watched it already~~ XD) oh beware. the last several minutes of the video on animeultima is muted for no god damn reason =.=

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Mar 12, 2012 4:46 AM

Jul 2011
Haven't played the games, but really liked this. Had really good action, and if the story was more fleshed out I imagine I would love it. I want a 24 episode series out of this.

ChioneDyrken said:
Just watched the 2nd episode on animeultima.tv today. it ended so well!! i wish the game producers finish the second chapter psp game in english already!!! they are taking so slow! and the story's just so good!!

Anyone have the download link to this 2nd episode? I need it!! (even though i've watched it already~~ XD) oh beware. the last several minutes of the video on animeultima is muted for no god damn reason =.=

Go to the fansub website (Hadena Fansubs) to download it.
JoeLTMar 12, 2012 4:51 AM
Mar 15, 2012 12:05 AM
Apr 2011
This episode was okay, I guess. I wish there were more episodes because it was very unsatisfactory with just two episodes. I had to roll my eyes and facepalmed myself at the end of the second episode:

Here's my overall opinion of the OVA:

• Characters --> They were okay; they were your typical hero characters, but they were forgettable.

• Story --> It was okay, but it wasn't really engaging. It also ended too quickly and some parts of the story were left unanswered, but I forgive it somewhat because the anime was a promotional OVA.

• Music: Okay

• Animation: Okay

Rating: 6/10
Mar 16, 2012 2:20 PM

Jun 2011
the fight animation is very good
should have a tv show
Mar 17, 2012 7:16 AM

Oct 2011
Average OVA. Recommend to watch only if you don't have anything else.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2012 7:55 AM

Aug 2011
just watched it and it was great~~~
this makes me want to play the SC so badly
the SC in english is not out yet.i heard it will be out in april

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Mar 23, 2012 9:03 AM

Feb 2010
Just as boring as episode 1.
Mar 30, 2012 4:12 PM

Feb 2008
Too be honest this OVA is too rushing and it doesn't happend the same stuff that did on the game thought.
Since there is no anime of Sora no Kiseki it's sure worth watching it, the game music is amazing. :)
When they do make an anime tv series make sure they start with first chapter of the game haha :)

:)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 6, 2012 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
Needs more loli riding mechs!

This would have been a good tv series. It felt short and rushed.
Jun 17, 2012 7:19 PM

Jan 2012
I played the game and I can tell you all this . This anime kinda butchered the awesomeness of the game .
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Oct 17, 2012 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
Loved that kiss <3
Oct 23, 2012 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
SPOILED! Oh well still great, wanted more Klose though...
Jan 17, 2013 7:44 AM
Apr 2011
Hmm, i hope there will be more episode, this series have good story.
the arwork is very good, look at fighting scene, that XD.

I give this anime score 8,5/10
Apr 26, 2013 8:32 PM

May 2012
Spacebar said:
I played the game and I can tell you all this . This anime kinda butchered the awesomeness of the game .

No shit, all of it, all of it.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jun 28, 2013 4:14 AM
Feb 2009
yeah..
Oct 4, 2013 8:46 PM

Jul 2012
40min per ep x2 was hardly enough

Still, was enjoyable at least, but could've been so much better.
Oct 6, 2013 8:15 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Skyrah said:
40min per ep x2 was hardly enough

Still, was enjoyable at least, but could've been so much better.

Do you know if they are going to continue to have anime for this, such as an anime based on "The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash"?
Oct 10, 2013 4:45 PM

Aug 2011
elkensteyin said:
Do you know if they are going to continue to have anime for this, such as an anime based on "The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash"?

No news for that atm
Even if they did it's hard to cram in all that content from Sen into an anime series.
Jul 8, 2014 12:11 PM
Jan 2013
If this is not rushed,

if this is not an OVA...

then again, it's asking too much lol
Aug 16, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
They could have made this into movie considering each episode is 43min long. Anyway good show. 7/10
May 19, 2015 4:06 AM

Dec 2008
Well ....at least this show had a great intro and a cool fight or two....5/10 lol
Jul 17, 2015 1:35 PM

May 2012
Pretty average ending, nothing too much I can say but I was not a too huge fan of it to be honest. All in all a quite average anime.
Nov 22, 2015 8:12 PM
Oct 2013
Things I like:
- soundtrack from the game (however too bad my favorite boss battle ost isn't there)
- action scenes are fantastic
- Kloe and Scherazard character design this time is better

Things I don't like:
- Joshua's voice
- Renne's voice (the varying tone felt unnatural and I think it could be done better)
- plump Estelle, Cassius turning to a grunt
- original ending

Since this scene is golden - http://hugelolcdn.com/i/199062.gif + I'm currently playing SC, I'd give it 7/10.
May 20, 2016 12:56 AM

Mar 2015
Move along lads, this OVA doesn't exist ^_^
Jan 2, 2017 6:14 PM

Dec 2014
Eh, very boring... 3/10

Nice music and animation though.

Edit: I wanted to add more to my comment:

Its safe to assume that this was an advertisement for the game. With that said, I have to say to that the anime really deterred me from getting it. I've seen the game during Steam sales and if what I watched is supposed to be what I get then there is no way I'm willing to sit through hours of an annoying character (Estelle) included with typical JRPG heavy dialogue and on top of typical JRPG grinding. Everything else aside from characters and entertainment was okay in my book as I stated with my OP.
IceOfDarknessJan 15, 2017 4:08 PM
Aug 11, 2017 9:41 AM

Feb 2016
Holy shit, that was so fucking terrible. XD
I'm a big fan of the games and already knew this was gonna be bad, but it still managed to give me a suprise.
I'm not even sure if you could call this an "adaptation", they pretty much completely butchered the whole story and characters, there's barely anything similar apart from some very broad plot points (that they didn't even care to explain or conclude properly).

Now, I know this is supposed to be eye candy for the fans of the game franchise (as anyone else watching would have no idea what the fuck is going on), but even then, this was still pretty bad and mildly annoying. At least it was interesting seeing some of the places within the story animated and once again proved how awesome and powerful the OST is (the anime versions of the songs are pretty nice at least). Even though they tried to slip in some of the emotional moments that came up completely diminished and chaotic here, you could still at least feel something (but probably because I played the games and know exactly what are they refering to XD). The characters also acted completely retarded and barely anything happened here at all. I understand the focus was mainly at Estelle/Joshua's relationship in SC, but damn didn't it felt very dry and rushed.

I'm suprised they completely ignored Weissman lol. At least we got some familiar faces, but I still hoped to see Nial/Dorothy. XD
If nothing else, Renne had good screen time so I can't be that mad after all. :3

The fight scenes were nice at least. And the backgrounds also had some really nice looking shots, although the character design was goofy.

It's weird to see an OVA starting right from the end of FC and then rush continue in like half of SC while slipping some references from 3rd, and completely changing the story, pacing and setting. This is pretty bad way to get spoiled if you haven't played the games, so this isn't even fit for advertisement purposes.
AquamirrorAug 11, 2017 10:23 AM
Jun 4, 2019 8:34 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ExplodingGirl said:
Things I like:
- soundtrack from the game (however too bad my favorite boss battle ost isn't there)
- action scenes are fantastic
- Kloe and Scherazard character design this time is better

Things I don't like:
- Joshua's voice
- Renne's voice (the varying tone felt unnatural and I think it could be done better)
- plump Estelle, Cassius turning to a grunt
- original ending

Since this scene is golden - http://hugelolcdn.com/i/199062.gif + I'm currently playing SC, I'd give it 7/10.

Only thing I would disagree is Renne's VA. Really liked to hear her for the first time here, since hey, havent played CS III, yet.

This ova is fanservice at best, anime onlies should STAY AWAY, this will spoil too much, but at least they done quite alot of original stuff too, so it doesnt spoil some major things at least.
Again about Renne, they made her be more cold to Estelle, since on the game, there is alot more than happens that allows Estelle to get a bit into that lil girl's heart, but hey, at least she still made Renne blush at the end~~
The part with Estelle's mom was good IMO, so despite everything, there are some highlights here, the studios couldn't do anything more with so little resources and time given... at least this can be seen, at times, as good fanservice for the fans that arent too picky about it, and can forgiven the butchery this adaptation does to the source.
7.1/10 = 7
Nov 12, 2019 6:49 PM

Aug 2017
Nooo, poor dog. In the end, I didn't care about anything except for the dog scene.

3/10

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 3, 2021 1:20 PM

Dec 2012
It's a shame that this was only a slight glimpse into an otherwise fascinating setting. Fantasy worlds like this always catch my attention and Estelle's optimism was growing on me in this second episode. I'll admit that this piqued my interest in the game albeit I have no way of actually playing it. I only wish this had been a full 12-13 episode series that could have covered more ground and offered more of those quality action sequences.

6/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki Episode 1 Discussion

JoeLT - Dec 13, 2011

22 by ReichiOda »»
Nov 25, 2022 7:06 AM

» General Discussion

kuroshiroi - Oct 20, 2011

14 by Zetsu_95 »»
Oct 26, 2020 7:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.