New
Aug 26, 2008 10:35 AM
Aug 2008
q
TripTrixDec 21, 2013 10:03 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 26, 2008 1:11 PM

Jun 2007
Cool your jets, kid. We don't like Naruto for a great variety of reasons. Firstly, Naruto is a very low-quality anime, containing a host of uninspired characters, irrelevant fight scenes, a plot that has not significantly altered since 2006, and soap-operaish plot devices (not to mention crappy art). We know that Naruto makes money. That's one of the reasons we especially don't like it - it's popular in spite of its lack of real quality. There are worse animes out there than Naruto, no question, but most of those are at least recognized as bad. The fact that Naruto's still seen as good by its fans is very frustrating to those idealists among us who want success of anime to be based on its quality. And, speaking of Naruto's fans, that's another big reason. The vast majority of them, with a few notable exceptions, are loud, dumb nerds who waste forum space (and oxygen) by posting and or saying "OMG nARUTO Izz t3H B0M50Rz!!!!111!!" hundreds of thousands of times with little or no reason why and absolutely no respect for the English language (or my ears, but that's beside the point). It ruins my anime conventions when the only merchandise available in any large quantities comes from a series whose main character makes a mockery of the act of belief with one of the most retarded catchphrases ever. So, yeah, there are a couple (dozen) good reasons to hate Naruto, and we're collectively here because of one or more of them.

Have to give you props, though. That pseudo-bird you flipped was one of the more original flames I've seen. That's about the only praise I have for you.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Aug 26, 2008 1:15 PM
Aug 2008
Torisunanohokori said:

Have to give you props, though. That pseudo-bird you flipped was one of the more original flames I've seen. That's about the only praise I have for you.

i dont know whether to say thanks, or screw you lol. But thanks for the compliment
Aug 26, 2008 1:20 PM

Jun 2007
You're welcome.
Aug 26, 2008 1:29 PM
Aug 2008
Torisunanohokori said:
You're welcome.
what anime's do you suggest?
Aug 26, 2008 2:07 PM

Jun 2007
Well, if you're looking for better shonen, then the ones which would immediately pop into my head would be Law of Ueki (for its creativity), Hajime no Ippo (for its characters), and Kekkaishi (for a mix of the two). There are lots of anime in other genres that are almost unarguably better than Naruto, but I don't want to compare apples to oranges. Fight shonen to fight shonen comparisons are all that's really necessary to show how Naruto is mediocre at best.
Aug 26, 2008 2:12 PM

Jun 2007
Well, what about it? I've seen a great many of the anime out there, but HxH is not one of them.
Aug 26, 2008 2:16 PM

Jun 2007
Saw it, thought it was dece.
Aug 28, 2008 10:29 PM
Mar 2008
Torisunanohokori said:
Cool your jets, kid. We don't like Naruto for a great variety of reasons. Firstly, Naruto is a very low-quality anime, containing a host of uninspired characters, irrelevant fight scenes, a plot that has not significantly altered since 2006, and soap-operaish plot devices (not to mention crappy art). We know that Naruto makes money. That's one of the reasons we especially don't like it - it's popular in spite of its lack of real quality. There are worse animes out there than Naruto, no question, but most of those are at least recognized as bad. The fact that Naruto's still seen as good by its fans is very frustrating to those idealists among us who want success of anime to be based on its quality. And, speaking of Naruto's fans, that's another big reason. The vast majority of them, with a few notable exceptions, are loud, dumb nerds who waste forum space (and oxygen) by posting and or saying "OMG nARUTO Izz t3H B0M50Rz!!!!111!!" hundreds of thousands of times with little or no reason why and absolutely no respect for the English language (or my ears, but that's beside the point). It ruins my anime conventions when the only merchandise available in any large quantities comes from a series whose main character makes a mockery of the act of belief with one of the most retarded catchphrases ever. So, yeah, there are a couple (dozen) good reasons to hate Naruto, and we're collectively here because of one or more of them.

I agree,and not to mention that it's redicoulously being treated like a Monopoly/Religion,it's everywhere,Naruto is the john Cena of Cartoon Network,it's rediculouse on how Cartoon Network constanly airs new episodes week after week never taking a break and pushing all the other animes aside

but yes,not to mention it's storyline is Broken beyond hell,I hate it worst than INUYASHA,and everything about Naruto is beaten down with 1000's of clitches,it's BORING,this is why I perfer Onepiece better.

and not to mention there are way better animes out there besides the Shounen jump stuff such as The Third,Elemental Gelade,Tsubasa Chronicles,.Hack//sign,Madlax,Noir,Chrono Crusade,all these animes have fantastic plots better than Naruto.

and I also agree with ya about the Narutards,they have no idea what a real good anime is,and not to mention none of the characters in that show even act like real ninjas.
Sep 4, 2008 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, calm down. Just because something is popular does not, by any means, mean it's good. People are allowed to hate stuff just as much as they're allowed to like/love it. Accept the fact that people have different opinions for god's sake.

カレン ♥ 愛してるx無限!!! あああああいしてるうううううう!!! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Jan 12, 2009 5:03 AM
Aug 2008
Whoa looks like I came months too late for the party hehehe... Anyway I just want to say that Naruto had a pretty good beginning but it all went downhill when they made the first filler arc, they put too much unnecessary content and terrible animation in it. Another terrible thing about it is that Naruto himself is present in all of the hundreds of episodes ever shown... come on aren't you already sick of seeing his face? Two whole seasons of nothing but an orange jump suit. What the hell is wrong with that?!
Jan 13, 2009 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
Fayto said:
Wow, calm down. Just because something is popular does not, by any means, mean it's good. People are allowed to hate stuff just as much as they're allowed to like/love it. Accept the fact that people have different opinions for god's sake.

I agree with Fayto :D
People should accept that people like me ^^ hate naruto get over it.. but well done if you do actually like it i mean what do you want a gold medal xD
Nyaaah ~ i feel better now uwaaah i do like this club!
:D
♥ DON'T LISTEN TO KYUBEY! ♥
Jan 30, 2009 7:29 PM

Nov 2008
OP's post was VIP quality.
Feb 1, 2009 10:01 PM
Oct 2008
Yeah, well, guess what, MattKingMedia? I just plain don't like Naruto, so um, yeah, how about that?
"Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread."
— Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism, 1711
Feb 24, 2010 2:31 PM

Mar 2009
Another great shounen is Black Cat.
"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the one.
Born to bear and read to all
The details of our ending.
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen,
Shit the bed again,
Typical."

Rosetta Stoned
Apr 23, 2010 2:37 AM

Mar 2010
Wow I must say I'm Impressed with you ^^

For me Shaman King is a great shounen

but I can understand if people won't agree ^^''

Lovebar made by Rarutos-sama from ARM
May 20, 2010 4:56 PM

Dec 2009
MattKingMedia said:
You guys are a bunch of haters and sad loosers... who the hell makes a club to hate on an anime that is so popular as naruto damn loosers hate all you want but mimishi koto or who ever made naruto is making money and lots of it this anime is not only popular in japan but here as well thats why the manga is continued and the anime is still ongoing better recogonize haters cuz narutos still here _|_ to ya'll!

Holy sh*t are you serious? This is f*cking hilarious

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» A note from a fan of the series...

Hyouringan - Jul 1, 2013

0 by Hyouringan »»
Jul 1, 2013 1:20 AM

» Why Don't You Like Naruto???? ( 1 2 3 )

saizo6 - Aug 29, 2007

132 by DeletedAccount_ »»
Dec 14, 2012 7:03 AM

» Do you hate Hinata too?

kuglefang - Jan 12, 2009

8 by moedea »»
Sep 22, 2010 2:05 AM

» Picture Thread

MBA - Jun 4, 2009

3 by DarkShadowborne »»
Apr 23, 2010 2:41 AM

Poll: » Does your hatred/dislike to the Naruto anime extend to the manga?

MomoHime125 - Sep 28, 2007

24 by DarkShadowborne »»
Mar 20, 2010 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.