Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2012 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
Kruisnek, I'll just try adding you again. And I'm sure Lazy was being ironic talking about Mars of Destruction. This is said to be the worst anime ever, but that makes me more interested in watching it!! :P

How many episodes is it? Anyone wants to start watching it for fun? I just warn that we might burn some brain cells while doing so.. :P
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Feb 15, 2012 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
I was serious. I want to see what the worst-rated anime is like... It's short enough, just 19 minutes (I wouldn't watch it if it was a series).
Feb 15, 2012 1:40 PM

Oct 2011
i would love to join, but my schedule consists of randomness and spontaneity. nothing is ever planned, or goes as planned.. therefore i cant schedule anything -____-

sad right

Feb 15, 2012 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
LazYSlackeR said:
I was serious. I want to see what the worst-rated anime is like... It's short enough, just 19 minutes (I wouldn't watch it if it was a series).

wanna watch it now then? :P but afterwards I will have to go study.
talon, up till now we're random as well. And I think that's the way it will go. So no worries.
Feb 15, 2012 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
@Justice: sure, why not?

@talonbone: you can join us whenever you feel like it, you are not obliged to stick to the schedule.

That's actually a reason why I'd prefer a permanent chat room. It feels like a meeting point where you can go when you feel like watching something and see what the others are doing. I suppose we can always change IM if MSN doesn't work too well, we'll see.
Feb 15, 2012 2:07 PM

Aug 2009
ok, i'm logging in then.
Feb 15, 2012 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
Lazy, I think it's better to appear online on msn. It does this kind of stuff if one appears offline. If you get the latest messenger you can select to which ones you want to appear online and to which not! ;)
Feb 15, 2012 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
I find that messenger pretty ugly, now I logged on MSN (using pidgin) and it says you blocked me...
Feb 15, 2012 2:20 PM

Aug 2009
LazYSlackeR said:
I find that messenger pretty ugly, now I logged on MSN (using pidgin) and it says you blocked me...

LOL I didn't. I couldn't see all your messages though. You should appear online (green), or else put it on "away" or "busy". If you appear offline it becomes sluggish and not all messages appear.
Feb 15, 2012 2:23 PM

Jul 2010
I was never invisible, always online... for some reason it says you and bill (but not Eric) blocked me... Don't tell me I have to reinstall the official messenger, I disinstalled it already XD
Feb 15, 2012 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
ofc you have to! :PPP haha I think that's why. Why did you uninstall it?! xD
Feb 15, 2012 2:36 PM

Jul 2010
Because it's ugly, I find any of the unofficial clients more likable and I don't really want yet another IM client to keep open.
I used to use Pidgin and it never gave me those problems, to tell the truth even yesterday I used it half of the time...

For now I'll get the official messenger, it's installing now (it takes so long too).
Feb 15, 2012 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
It's nothing bad either though.. I mean it's just an easy way to chat, it's not he freakin' Facebook! :P I just have it there and whenever I get online I show to only the people I want to.
Feb 15, 2012 2:48 PM

Jan 2011
i want in too! too late?
Feb 15, 2012 5:44 PM

Jan 2010
I want to join too! :D
Feb 16, 2012 2:31 AM

Jul 2010
Himari_Chan said:
I want to join too! :D
Sorry, you were too late for yesterday, but you can join us next time :)
Feb 16, 2012 8:30 AM

Jul 2010
Various people stated their interest in watching Sweat Punch this weekend and I think it's time to discuss at what time we want to watch it.
I'm fine pretty much anytime (except maybe late at night).
Feb 16, 2012 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
mm tbh I think I will be available after 11pm my time, because before I might go to watch a movie and I do have some homework to do. That would be 21:00 UTC and afterwards.. maybe. But I really want to watch that Sweat Punch thing. I had it in my list for long. Let's wait to see what the others that showed interest in it will say.
Feb 16, 2012 3:27 PM

Dec 2011
I'm pretty sure I will be home all day Saturday and Sunday, I'm sick :(, so any time works for me.
Feb 16, 2012 3:29 PM

Jan 2011
damn...everyone's sick =\...i'll be home all weekend too looks like. only time i wont be available is would be before 1700 UST saturday.
Feb 16, 2012 4:24 PM

Jan 2010
I'm trying to go to a anime convention. I was planning to go Saturday, my friend is backing out. My friends, friend back out and they need someone who is older than 21 to sign them into there hotel room Friday, so I might go then if my teenage neighbor can go with me. Just can't tell the dad were staying with two boys, there harmless though. I know, I'm bad! :b
Feb 16, 2012 4:34 PM

Dec 2011
They are so going to brag.
Feb 16, 2012 5:03 PM

Jan 2010
Who?
Feb 16, 2012 5:29 PM

Aug 2009
Himari you naughty girl, I totally love that idea!! I would so do that if I could, but no big conventions around here. Hope you'll have an amazing time (which I'm sure) if you go! :)

Ok, so it's pretty much decided about that short anime, right? I created a group on Msn called 20+ Mal [simulwatch] and I put for now the ones that we have talked in there before. Whoever else is interested he/she should ask me to add them in Msn first.
Feb 17, 2012 3:27 AM

Jul 2010
So, I guess we'll watch it Sunday? (Himari_Chan let us know if you don't go Saturday) Remember to... uhmm... "obtain" the anime and stay logged in MSN.

I took a look at that group thing, it seems kind of a shortcut for a group chat, am I right?

Right now I'm trying to access MSN through a transport so I can use the IM client I'm used to and I don't have to keep another one open. Presence and 1 on 1 chat seems to work, but if someone can get online I'd like to test group chats... I'm not resigning to use WLM :P

Edit: I update the first post.
LazYSlackeRFeb 17, 2012 3:38 AM
Feb 17, 2012 9:56 AM

Apr 2010
I'm down to watch anything today, just send me a message on msn or Facebook (link is on my page). Justice for some reason I'm not receiving your requests. =(
El Psy Congroo
Feb 17, 2012 11:37 AM

Jul 2010
Kruisnek, if we wait a while Justice and/or Bill should show up too.
Last time we were talking about watching something hilariously bad, maybe this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/3287/Tenkuu_Danzato_Skelter_Heaven
Feb 17, 2012 11:56 AM

Aug 2009
Kruisnek, can you please send me your email again? Maybe I typed something wrong. Send it via a pm or post it here if you like.

I'm here now Lazy, but you have to give me sometime to eat! :P I'll let you know when I'm available, I think it will be in about half an hour from now. I'm so freakin' tired today, cause I wad in uni till now. Cya later I hope! ;)
Feb 17, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
I tried to add you but if it didn't work here is my email again.
eric.p.pare@gmail.com

I don't understand this T.T
El Psy Congroo
Feb 17, 2012 12:43 PM

Jul 2010
JusticeUndone said:
I think it will be in about half an hour from now
And they say Italians are the ones always late... :P
Feb 17, 2012 1:08 PM

Jan 2011
can you guys gimme a little time? i gotta make my dads dinner...if not thats cool
Feb 18, 2012 3:27 AM

Sep 2009
Ok everyone, i'm back :3
So you decided for msn?

@LazYSlackeR: can i use the beautiful web based one of the third link you provided last time? Or is it impossible if everyone else uses msn?
Like we said last time, i'm available from from 22 to 24 UTC for Sweat Punch. Today would be better, but tomorrow is no problem too.
Megpoid-CowardlyMontblancsigsecond05defs
Art by: akka
Feb 18, 2012 4:14 AM

Jul 2010
Catpaw said:
So you decided for msn?
It was the winner of the poll after all... Once everyone tried it we can see if the majority is fine with it.

That brings me to the next question: were is everybody? For now we are only four on MSN, should we list our nicks in this thread to easily add each other?

Yesterday night I read somewhere that group chats in MSN are limited to 20 participants, is this true? I don't think we'll ever simulwatch with so many people, but you never know...

Catpaw said:
@LazYSlackeR: can i use the beautiful web based one of the third link you provided last time? Or is it impossible if everyone else uses msn?
No, that one is XMPP only (I suppose you could use a transport, but that would be a suboptimal and contorted solution IMO).

Catpaw said:
Today would be better, but tomorrow is no problem too.
We'll do it tomorrow as today both Himari_Chan and JusticeUndone are unavailable.
Feb 18, 2012 5:28 AM

Sep 2009
Sorry, i didn't watch the poll results in the end and i read you used IRC last time, so i supposed we were going to use that from now on.
I don't know about the participants, the highest number i had in a conversation was 4, including me :D

Woah, you're good with protocols! I'll use standard msn or maybe the web based one, just to avoid the horrific flashing thinghie in the Win bar.

Thanks for reminding me, i read the whole thread but i clearly didn't pay enough attention because i thought Himari whold have been away for the whole weekend =__="
Feb 18, 2012 7:45 AM

Jul 2010
Catpaw said:
Sorry, i didn't watch the poll results in the end and i read you used IRC last time, so i supposed we were going to use that from now on.
Yeah, but the others didn't like it...

Catpaw said:
[...] or maybe the web based one, just to avoid the horrific flashing thinghie in the Win bar.
Ahah, tell me if it's any good, it seems we are not alone btw XD

Catpaw said:
I don't know about the participants, the highest number i had in a conversation was 4, including me :D
Me too... What I was thinking is that some people liked the idea of an official IRC channel for the club and if that was ever going to happen it would be stupid to use two different networks. We might be better off choosing one that could be used for club-wide chats too. Should we open a different thread to see if there's interest in having a club's chat? Would the boss approve? Was it already rejected for some reason?
Feb 18, 2012 9:36 AM

Sep 2009
IRC is not fancy, a lot of people don't like simple layouts.

That link is great xD Some people i know are also raging over the 2011 version of failenger. I'm ok because i kept the 2009 one :D (and i just retrieved an old installer, shame on me i forgot to do it earlier)
I have to admit that if i want to chat with just a single friend i go for msn, everybody has it so it's never a problem. On the other hand, if there are many people a channel is definitely better.

I'm ok with the IRC channel, sounds like a good idea. Let's see what the officers think :)
Feb 18, 2012 10:41 AM

Aug 2009
It wasn't only about simple layouts for me. It was because it looked more messy and I could mistake who said who and which were the new comments, cause they were all crammed together. Then I had to scroll down the page to write my comment, losing the comments above. But when watching an anime I want to adjust my chat window to be as small as possible, and I can do that easily in MSN.
Feb 18, 2012 11:39 AM

Jul 2010
JusticeUndone said:
It wasn't only about simple layouts for me. It was because it looked more messy and I could mistake who said who and which were the new comments, cause they were all crammed together. Then I had to scroll down the page to write my comment, losing the comments above. But when watching an anime I want to adjust my chat window to be as small as possible, and I can do that easily in MSN.
Ok, true, but that was because I didn't want to waste your time choosing a serious client, downloading it and configuring it to your liking so I pointed to a web client which wasn't as good, thinking it would have been ok for an afternoon.
If you were to use IRC everyday you would obviously choose client that looks like you want it to, there are tens to pick from...

Catpaw said:
IRC is not fancy, a lot of people don't like simple layouts.
True, but if you want to hate IRC you could choose a better reason:
-netsplits;
-prone to spam;
-the fact that every network does things in a different way;
:P but yeah, those are not the thing people care about.
Feb 18, 2012 12:30 PM

Dec 2011
Just a quick recap

1. were watching Sweat Punch - someome PM where can I download it? Or where to watch it online(I'm just lately started to watch anime(before it was only if it was on TV or something like that)) so I don't know the resource places to get things.

2. chatting on MSN - gotta make an acccount

3. on Sunday 22h UTC

right?
Feb 18, 2012 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
@JusticeUndone: my comment wasn't aimed at you, i was talking about my friends.

@LazYSlackeR: n°1 reason to hate IRC: lamers. Never encountered them but i know there are a lot. I don't hate it though xD
I just googled and discovered what does netsplit mean. You have to know that sh*ttenger is not immune to crashes and people going offline for no apparent reason. Sometimes people get "kicked" from group conversations (3 people, what a big group lol) again without reason. Sometimes it freezes or forgets to deliver messages, sometimes it literally "silences" someone so you see that the guy isn't talking for 5 minutes and he suddenly opens a new window saying "why are you ignoring me? I've been talking alone for 5 minutes!". Hilarity ensues.
Oh and sometimes the punctuation keys get all messed up and you find yourself with an English keyboard, some other time if you go back at the start of the line and add letters, msn substitutes the old ones with the new ones.
Msn is so funny :)

@oneAngrySheep: i think i'm making a new one too, it will be the 4th active i have : D
Anyway, i think you summed up things right.
Modified by Catpaw, 3 seconds ago
Feb 18, 2012 1:54 PM

Dec 2011
MSN said:

We're unable to complete your request

Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

FU

I had one long time ago but who would remember that.
Feb 18, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2009
I know Lazy! ;) I saw some that needed a download. I was just expressing my opinion about the one we tried to chat in. ^.^

Oh, sorry Cat! I didn't mean any harm, just expressing my opinion about that chat thingy.
Feb 18, 2012 3:40 PM

Sep 2009
@JusticeUndone: no problem, i was making sure i didn't say anything that could have upset you *hugs*
Feb 19, 2012 2:08 AM

Jul 2010
@Catpaw: yeah, nothing is perfect. Even Skype which is used by tons of businesses and has economic interest in staying always online had various downtimes.

@Justice: I was talking about this (from another thread):
Luna_ said:
But I'm always open to a general 20+ IRC channel :)
metamorphius said:
Lumikki said:
IRC would be the best choice tho, remembering we were speaking about having an own IRC channel some time ago.

Yeah, I remember talking about making an IRC channel a while ago. I think we should discuss that again.

It seems there is some interest in a having such a chat. Is there a reason why it didn't go through?
Feb 19, 2012 5:08 AM

Jan 2011
ok so i will be available anytime after 1500 UTC today, forgot i had an appointment, but will be back by then
Feb 19, 2012 6:55 AM

Sep 2009
@LazYSlackeR: i think a lot of people would use it if you made it, but i'm afraid you'll have to take action again and open a new thread (or poll?) if you want an official answer.
Feb 19, 2012 7:05 AM

Apr 2010
I'll be available to watch anything today up to 6:00pm EST or 11:pm UCT...I think...Anyone been watching Hunter X Hunter?
El Psy Congroo
Feb 19, 2012 7:59 AM

Jul 2010
Kruisnek said:
Anyone been watching Hunter X Hunter?
I have. Feel free to IM me when you're free.
Feb 19, 2012 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
It's ok Cat! :D *hugs back* that hug thing always works for me! :P

Lazy, or whoever else wants to, if you create an organised chat that can work well, I don't see any reason for me, or anyone else opposing it. I still support Msn just because it worked really well so far, but if we can find something equally easy to use and with more advantages I'm in for anything.
Feb 19, 2012 9:04 AM

Jan 2011
@justice

me, kruis and lazy are all on msn as we speak if you're ready
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.