Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2012 10:16 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
... not sure if TBS aired the wrong one because it's Last Exile 2nd adjournment, not Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam 2nd adjournment...

Alvis talking to another Dio (Dio from Ginyoku no Fam) about the second half of Last Exile. So the OP and ED were from Last Exile, not Ginyoku no Fam. And showing kind of afterwards of the people in Last Exile.

Next week back to Ginyoku no Fam ep.
tsubasaloverFeb 10, 2012 10:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 10, 2012 6:10 PM
Oct 2011
Feb 10, 2012 8:27 PM

Feb 2008
So yeah it doesn't need to watch the first season to understand. [Spoiler the first Last Exile serie]

Yeah it's still Fam geh we can see AL & Dio memory talking.

Ah I saw Claus and Lavie in the end and I wonder if they going to be part of this series soon.
KimuraFeb 11, 2012 3:46 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 10, 2012 9:19 PM

Jun 2011
Ah, pretty much forgot about Last Exile, so the recap was pretty nice for me.

Claus and Lavie finally makes their appearance~
Lavie looks cuter. =O (in my opinion)

I see Guide's starfishes at the end. o.O
WHY IS Guide HERE?
Feb 11, 2012 3:14 AM

Jul 2009
I don't know why, but I'm crying! Seeing Claus and Lavie made me extremely happy.

A showdown of Claus's Immelman turn and Fam's Split S would be awesome!

This scene made watching the first half of Fam worth it.
arsonalFeb 11, 2012 3:34 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Feb 11, 2012 12:00 PM
Oct 2011
arsonal said:
I don't know why, but I'm crying! Seeing Claus and Lavie made me extremely happy.

A showdown of Claus's Immelman turn and Fam's Split S would be awesome!

This scene made watching the first half of Fam worth it.

DangerMouseDMFeb 11, 2012 12:03 PM
Feb 12, 2012 7:06 AM

Apr 2011
Whee, that was awesome, I don't think I ever enjoyed a recap episode so much. Good to finally see Claus and Lavie again at the end, and they both got cuter. The OP and ED were a nice touch too.
Feb 12, 2012 2:01 PM
May 2009
Dat OP&ED.
Dat Alex Rowe, Lucciola and others who haven't appeared again in recaps.
DAT NEW FOOTAGE WITH CLAUS AND LAVIE. They both look better indeed. Though if the wheelchair is indeed for Claus... aww. Still, good to see they're both alive.
This episode got me excited.
Feb 13, 2012 3:49 AM

May 2009
arsonal said:
I don't know why, but I'm crying! Seeing Claus and Lavie made me extremely happy.]

Same here, their reappearance showing how they are pretty much alive and well despite the things Fam, Dio, Al and the rest of the current characters are going through really gave me a big sigh of relief. (^;_;^)

and I so agree about seeing them again truly made this season worth the watch.
Feb 13, 2012 10:14 PM
Oct 2011
Agreed.

Qashqai said:
Dat OP&ED.
Dat Alex Rowe, Lucciola and others who haven't appeared again in recaps.
DAT NEW FOOTAGE WITH CLAUS AND LAVIE. They both look better indeed.

This, so much fanservice nostalgia and old favorite characters packed into one ep. I also so didn't see them breaking out the awesomeness of the original OP and ED coming at all, that was pure greatness. And Claus and Lavie looked so good.

antisense said:
Whee, that was awesome, I don't think I ever enjoyed a recap episode so much. Good to finally see Claus and Lavie again at the end, and they both got cuter. The OP and ED were a nice touch too.

I was just as excited, I was glued to the screen the entire time reliving the "magic" of one of my favorite shows. Man I love these two series.
Feb 13, 2012 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
This recap made me want to watch the first series again. Agh, maybe when this series is over I'll watch both in one go.

BEGINNER
Feb 15, 2012 12:44 PM
Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I got confused on the op... But it was awesome how they tied this series to the the first. Good background!
Feb 15, 2012 3:23 PM

Jul 2011
Better than a regular recap episode; but, it did such a mediocre job of explaining what happened in the first season. The OST really was great though.
Feb 16, 2012 3:36 PM

Feb 2012
Is it just me or does the neklace that Lavie is wearing seem "significant"... Havn't seen her wear that before(unless my memory eludes me). Her outfit is otherwise the same so...
Feb 17, 2012 6:38 PM

Jul 2008
mdz said:
Better than a regular recap episode; but, it did such a mediocre job of explaining what happened in the first season. The OST really was great though.

I agree,
More than explaining what happened in first season to those that didn't watch it, this look more like something made to make those that actually watched it remember what happened.
I liked first season very much so this was a good watch but for someone that didn't watch first season this was kind of messy and they could definitively have taken a better direction to it even if they had to make it two episode long.
Feb 17, 2012 11:43 PM

Jul 2011
Oh, thank you Gonzo for reminding me how good the original show was. SO much better than that mediocre crap that you made now.
OrangeHollow.png
Feb 18, 2012 7:16 AM

Mar 2009
great episode 5/5
Feb 18, 2012 2:29 PM
Oct 2007
When Cloud Age Symphony kicked in, I got goosebumps all over (and a big fat smile on my face!). For a 'recap' episode, it's pretty damn well thought out.
Feb 20, 2012 4:55 AM

Jun 2008
They should have shown this a lot earlier so we can refresh our memory faster instead of watching half the new series with some things missing from our memory that make the second season harder to understand.
Feb 22, 2012 4:29 AM

Apr 2009
Oh man, I was surprised this was entirely a Last Exile summary. I almost cried when I heard the OP then my eyes got really, really watery on the Last Scene. I missed those guys!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 22, 2012 6:56 PM
Oct 2011
tofei said:
Oh man, I was surprised this was entirely a Last Exile summary. I almost cried when I heard the OP then my eyes got really, really watery on the Last Scene. I missed those guys!

It was great. :)
Feb 23, 2012 7:27 AM

Apr 2011
I can now breathe a sigh of relief now that we know that they're ok.

They should've animated the manga, the travelers of the hourglass
Feb 23, 2012 11:45 PM

Mar 2009
antisense said:
Whee, that was awesome, I don't think I ever enjoyed a recap episode so much.

Seriously. You know it's bad when the best episode of the second series of Last Exile is a recap episode of the original. I'm so glad we got to see Lavie and Claus again, and if that's the last of them, that would suck.
Feb 25, 2012 3:02 PM

Mar 2010
Actually... the fact that Claus and Lavie appeared might be the thing that makes me not like the second season.
I like the second season - not as much like the first one, blah, but I'm not like "omg season 2 sux".
But if the injuries of Claus are permanent and he'll have to rely on the wheelchair forever... well that would really suck. They survived soooo much dangerous fights and flights in the first season, and then he'll never be able to walk again because of stuff that happened in a "what happened before"-manga? I really hope not. Otherwise, I would've preferred it if they didn't show them again at all...
But hey, I can't see why it should be permanent (yet), so I'm still happy about seeing Claus and Lavie in the second season and in the new art style. :)
Mar 2, 2013 2:35 PM

Dec 2008
I got so excited when I heard the OP!

Absolutely loved this recap!! Ah...the nostalgia!! I am reminded of the awesomeness of Last Exile. It was good to see my two favorite characters again...Claus and Alex.

Now, I have this incredible urge to watch Last Exile again!
Dec 8, 2013 2:29 PM

May 2012
Okey Recap of the first season don't really know how this fit into the story of the second season but well it was somewhat decent at recapping the most important things that are relevant to this second season! So either way let's get back to the main story!
Jan 5, 2014 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

What a great blast from the past, it seems I was wrong episode, so much so that one would like to control. Despite having long understood who they were certain characters, now they are assured. Nice to see Claus and Lavi, who knows if they rivederemo in this second season of Last Exile! * _ *
Cute designs, not the greatest.
a nice refresher to understand things at that time I had not played well, what memories! ^ _ ^
May 29, 2014 3:33 PM

Aug 2007
Epic recap!! You don't say that often. I experienced the heartbreak of Dio losing Lucciola and the Silvana killing Alex all over again. And that track that plays during it....... AUGH TEARS!!!
Mar 10, 2023 12:43 AM
Jul 2021
This right here is the real the Last Exile!!! Ffuk yeah!! Claus and company are back!! Even Dio returned to he's old glory!!! This is the real deal! Ffuk Fam fan Fan or whatever she's called! She's the wordst MC ever made in the very long history of anime. Long live Claus & Lavie.

Ffuk that ped0 sh!tsstorm of S2 with the wonder loli crew.

5/5
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Recaps Episode 1 Discussion

kuroshiroi - Dec 19, 2011

25 by Dawizz »»
Mar 10, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.