Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2012 8:01 AM

Jul 2010
You know, sometimes shitty, cliched animes have a quality of it's own--it's interesting to see how pathetic it gets, especially with the resources spent on it and the hype before it's release. The fact that Gai 'died' so many times yet returns simply just destroyed this show.Shu's even more pathetic than he ever was, he can't even make a 'decision' without being manipulated and influenced by those around him.
darthfantaFeb 10, 2012 8:04 AM

Feb 10, 2012 8:15 AM

Dec 2009
Audit01Feb 10, 2012 8:34 AM
Feb 10, 2012 9:02 AM

Dec 2010
When shu said:
"We have to keep going or Hare's death will be in vain"

It reminded me of:
"We have to keep going or Shirley would have died for nothing"
Feb 10, 2012 9:31 AM

Dec 2011
Great episode, until MORE INORI RANDOMNESS.... Shu is still a badass, in order to live and carry on u must first sacrifice...

Very disappointed with the fucking Gai @ the end. JUST DIE FFS... just stay dead for gods sake.
Feb 10, 2012 10:03 AM

Apr 2011
That was certainly stupid but true enough, it was still fairly entertaining.
Feb 10, 2012 10:10 AM
Jan 2011
Lolitha said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
HOLY SH!T, SH!T JUST GOT REAL, id give this episode a 7/5 if possible, GC is just getting better and better, shu is now an evil dictator, but still maintains his good intentions, AND INORI WHAT HAPPENED TO HER, she has finally shown her true colours, she is like mana, in love with shu and crazy

He's too selfish
But Mana was not crazy before she got infected :<

Holy Shit, Shu went from being a pussy to a man, now he's an asshole, damn Shu I hope Gai get's ressurected so that he can kick Shu in the ass, as for Inori, I can't believe that she's as bad as Shu now..
Nasty001Feb 10, 2012 10:21 AM
Feb 10, 2012 11:18 AM

Apr 2010
Meh, I don't really like how the plot is going for now :\
Feb 10, 2012 11:26 AM
Oct 2010
Shu's been through a lot more then any of the other characters he's been used by everybody around him and the one person who believed in him and had no evil intentions towards him was killed

If your best true friend died and you where left with a bunch of opportunist wouldn't you be a little cold and then his mother is reviving gai who will likely have conflict with shu

shu has it rough :\
Feb 10, 2012 11:39 AM

Jan 2008
Lol @ Gai.
Feb 10, 2012 11:51 AM

Nov 2008
Nice episode.

As for Inori, I really don't think it was her who hurt Arisa. It seems to me like it was more Mana, and somehow she's taking over Inori. Earlier in the episode Mana seemed to be the one speaking when she was with Shu.

I just don't see Inori smiling so evil like that.

Shu needs to get his act together, b/c what he's doing is just not right.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Feb 10, 2012 12:11 PM

Sep 2010
New Shu..... I just love his new personality.....
Feb 10, 2012 12:33 PM

Dec 2011
Gai. Not that sh*t again. Just die, dude. I like new Shu and Inori, but he lacks a resolution and an experience as a ruler. And now he's more pathetic, than cool.

It seems, Gai'll return and maybe try intercepting the Shu's power. In that case, how deep will Shu be falling?
Feb 10, 2012 12:35 PM

Jan 2008
SephiriAzure said:

As for Inori, I really don't think it was her who hurt Arisa. It seems to me like it was more Mana, and somehow she's taking over Inori. Earlier in the episode Mana seemed to be the one speaking when she was with Shu.

It's pretty obvious. If you can remember, she also 'took out' 3 male students and there was blood all over when the students were looking for Undertaker members on Ep 15 or 14.
Feb 10, 2012 12:54 PM

Aug 2010
Wtf happened to Guilty Crown? It has twisted about 3060 degrees.
Maaan.... meeeen!! I dunno know what to say...

*cough cough*
Well, I was starting to lose myself in front of this show the moment Hare died, but why are things going from bad to worse? I'm putting myself into a position where I'm dropping the show. I really loved it at the start; it had a special feeling to it, but now...
Feb 10, 2012 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Inori has no character, so nothing meaningful is done by her. Hell, the guys she killed earlier probably was Mana's doing also.

This ep explains something: The one who has their weapon weld by Shu loses their consciousness, this also explains more of the nature of voids.

Yahiro... I am not sure what to think of him anymore
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 10, 2012 12:58 PM

Feb 2008
He's not evil. He is just a pussy that gets used by the slut and Joseph Goebbels.

And that's why i feel that it's booring. He's just a bad MC.
Feb 10, 2012 1:11 PM

Dec 2009
He is becoming a NAZI !!

Feb 10, 2012 1:41 PM

Apr 2011
So that's why the episode was called ''The Tyrant''
I was expecting him to become somewhat bad towards students with the void ranking, but his evil laugh at the end was somewhat out of character for him...
So Mana is inside Inori, and that explains how she beat up the students and now Arise!!!
And at the very end WT* moment!!!
Gai??? Is that you???But you're dead, aren't you?!...I want you dead, your dead was *kinda* epic(after several attempts of script writer)
Well, we have to wait and see what's going to happen and If Mana and Gai are back that is going to be interesting!!!
6 more episodes till the end...
Feb 10, 2012 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
That was crazy! Shu turned into a king distinguishing between void ranks. Then it turns out breaking a void kills the owner!

Inori also blindly follows Shu now. There seems to be some sort of connection between her and Mana that's getting more and more apparent.

Pretty surprised to see Gai revived as well! I wonder who's side he'll be on and what he'll say about how Shu has changed.
OnyxthegreatFeb 11, 2012 7:34 AM

Feb 10, 2012 1:46 PM
Jan 2010
Lolitha said:
Holy shit best episode ever!
I still dislike shu's Hitler like attitude.

Hitler attitude? Stupid Brainwashed kid.
Feb 10, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2011
why is everyone calling shu evil, deep down he isn't, didn't you see that scene where he was with inori and that he hates what he is becoming,

also with ayase slapping him he let her go but because he is forced to follow the rules and has to be fair he would need to punish her if it were seen by anyone, but he truly doesn't want to punish or hurt anyone,

also i think he held back against arugo, shu can take down endlaves easily, but didn't want to hurt arugo so he got a mediocre void to fight with,

and when arugo got him on the floor shu yelled "what would you do" and "if you got any better ideas ill hear them" and i agree with him, arugo can easily criticize him but he hasn't seen what shu has been through or whats been happening, a lot like shu when he joined funeral parlor, also what could shu have done, the system before wasn't working and was failing, he had no choice but to become the way he is now and to make the current system

also segai and haruka are doing this to him, they purposely dropped the void scanner and forced him to become like this for reasons unknown

BUT i am not so sure now, he had just found out now that having you void broken can kill you, and he had just built a kingdom of people using voids, so now he is increasing the danger of their lives, i think he went crazy knowing that, but also sane in a way, he knows he can now kill anyone and could kill arugo and stop him from causing chaos by telling people he was probably his face before was like (no.....it cant be.... everyone's lives are in danger now...but if dont use voids how will we survive?.......ive got to keep this fact hidden......i need to carry on..... but first i need to stop arugo)and so he put on the crown of thorns

i pity him, not hate him, having all this crap thrown upon him and seeing him struggle against it, he didn't even ask for this, it was all thrown on him, even him becoming president was against his will, i have to i love his character development he has come a long way and is by far my favorite character of guilty crown
Feb 10, 2012 2:04 PM

Jul 2009
Shit Crown is still shit.
Now Shu is just bi-polar. Let's go from weak to emo to weak to hysteric.
Not to mention this whole episode was centered around a guy 'breaking' in. Sigh.
Feb 10, 2012 2:05 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, so much changed in just 1 episode.

Seems like Inori went Ebil as well. >:-R
Feb 10, 2012 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
Oh and who's that girl in the black in the art at the end.
Feb 10, 2012 2:45 PM

Nov 2008
Oh I knew it Gai is going to be returned... Inori: yes yes yes! exatly what I want! She was so nothing in the whole anime, but now she is a crazy killer!!
This anime is a totaly WTF.
Feb 10, 2012 4:17 PM
Mar 2009
from 8/10 to 7/10...

WHY did they have to revive Gai?! T_T

Yahiro is totally brainwashing Shoe.
Feb 10, 2012 4:38 PM

May 2008
Reviving Gi was retarded

The rest is getting interesting though, really like the weird stuff related to Inori

Zero-11 said:

Hitler attitude? Stupid Brainwashed kid.

Oh boy one of those guys >_>
Feb 10, 2012 5:03 PM
May 2011
Them abs....
ban1o.jpg
Feb 10, 2012 5:27 PM

Sep 2011
yah just like lelouch and light, well i look forword to seeing inori and shu die now, i actually like shu at one point but now hes despicable, inori i never liked but now i really hate her

the show itself is good now but its got the same problem as many shows have, the plots good but the characters arent, it just ruins everything and makes it not that fun to watch

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 10, 2012 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
InoriYuzuriha said:

6/5. REALLY. EVERYONE WHO DROPPED THIS IS CRAZY.
Grah. MOAR.
it was this episode that made me drop this

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 10, 2012 5:39 PM
Dec 2011
This show is making less and less sense.

1. Shu's development is so rushed and awkward.
2. Inori wtf? lol I don't even know
3. lolol revive gai. Incoming.......... more gapping plot holes.

5/10

I watch this show for the luls
Feb 10, 2012 5:43 PM
Dec 2011
oh yea stop comparing this show to Code Geass. Code Geass is 231231313 times better than this show.
Feb 10, 2012 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
Wait, if the walls are moving closer and closer everyday wouldn't there be a huge build up of buildings and scraps? Or do the walls just completely disintegrate the rubble..
Feb 10, 2012 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
Tomodachi5 said:
Wait, if the walls are moving closer and closer everyday wouldn't there be a huge build up of buildings and scraps? Or do the walls just completely disintegrate the rubble..
Tomodachi5 said:

Yeah... I think it does destroy the rubbish.

On the side note, I like this new Shu
Feb 10, 2012 6:42 PM

Aug 2009
I really don't like the direction the series is going, but at the same time, I do. I feel so conflicted. Shu is turning batshit insane, and Inori is turning into Mana. If Shu killed Argo, I'm going to be so pissed. Argo COULD'VE reached Shu... if Yahiro weren't there. I really hope Yahiro redeems himself before it's too late.

About Arisa being "killed" by Inori. Some people speculate that instead of shooting her, Inori cut her tongue off instead. It makes sense, but there's not that much proof. However, that could explain her being alive in the episode preview.

That flower scene with Inori and Shu was really beautiful though.

And to be honest, I miss the old Shoe. I really do. I miss when he was just a Shoe.

He's now a Boot.
And I don't really like that.
Feb 10, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2009
If i had to rank Shu's new personalitiy it would be above his previous. Him being a tyrant is better than a wimp. The fact that he isn't 'evil' helps with that.

Although the ending was really creepy with Inori turning into Mana, and Shu going crazy there. Overall, this shift has made me really excited again about this show. Although reviving Gai is kind of... ???
Feb 10, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2009
If i had to rank Shu's new personalitiy it would be above his previous. Him being a tyrant is better than a wimp. The fact that he isn't 'evil' helps with that.

Although the ending was really creepy with Inori turning into Mana, and Shu going crazy there. Overall, this shift has made me really excited again about this show. Although reviving Gai is kind of... ???
Feb 10, 2012 7:33 PM

Jan 2010
Bleh, this show seemed really cool at first. Though slowly it's just been going downhill for me. Shu took way too long to stop being a wuss and his new personality just seems pathetic IMO.

Oh well, it's almost over. I'll keep watching till the end. Who knows, maybe they'll turn it around within the last six episodes. :/
Feb 10, 2012 7:52 PM

Nov 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Tomodachi5 said:
Tomodachi5 said:

I see. I'm not sure how you can like the new Shu... He's completely lost it. He says he's acting the way he is now to save everyone and get them out of Tokyo yet he wouldn't bother helping a lower ranking person that's in trouble because it would waste their resources. What's the pointing in saying he wants to save them but not actually care for them?
Feb 10, 2012 8:13 PM

Feb 2009
LMAO this is so fucked. Everyone's going crazy.

Shu saying "You're right..." and pulling out Argo's void, lmao. Then Inori heartlessly "killing" that girl, AHAHHA.
This evil direction the characters are taking is so crazy I don't even know man

Shu seems infinitely cooler just by wearing that outfit tbh

I don't know if I hate or like this show, I don't know if I enjoy or can't stand it. All I know is that this series is one huge ass clusterfuck of wasted potential and yet I can't stop watching

Also I'd bet money on Inori dying at the end. Shu or Inori will die, maybe both. I just don't see how they'll be able to redeem themselves without dying to save everybody or some shit.
DropletFeb 10, 2012 8:19 PM
Feb 10, 2012 8:19 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeTroll1088 said:
oh yea stop comparing this show to Code Geass. Code Geass is 231231313 times better than this show.
hell no, GC is bad but code geass reaches a low many shows cant even try to achieve, if you think GC is a clusterfuck then you have NO right to defend code geass R2 cause it does not only every flaw GC is doing but it actually does them worse, but everyone jizzes over it cause they are to distracted by the well handled death scenes to actually notice just how awful the show really is,

you think guilty crown has plotholes, you havent seen shit, R2 is the plothole king

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 10, 2012 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
Tomodachi5 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Tomodachi5 said:
Tomodachi5 said:

He basically realized that not everyone can be saved, and this makes it so not everyone is equally useful.

I see. I'm not sure how you can like the new Shu... He's completely lost it. He says he's acting the way he is now to save everyone and get them out of Tokyo yet he wouldn't bother helping a lower ranking person that's in trouble because it would waste their resources. What's the pointing in saying he wants to save them but not actually care for them?
Feb 11, 2012 12:09 AM

Jun 2009
lol this episode. What the fuck is going on?

and Gai coming back? OMG can't believe it. What a Tweest!
Feb 11, 2012 12:11 AM

Feb 2010
If they can bring Gai back doesn't that mean they could also bring Dan back? Dan is hilarious.
Feb 11, 2012 1:42 AM

Aug 2007
I want Shu to die. He was a shitty character that was slowly becoming cool, then they fucked him up. I want him, Inori, and all the students to die, and only the remnants of the Undertakers to live.
Feb 11, 2012 2:50 AM

Aug 2008
Ashikabi said:
Screeshots of Preview of ep 17:

That's odd to say the least. That kind of blood spray and cracking of the mirror... maybe she just grazed her so as to intimidate to keep quiet?

And lol @ Shuu. Can he keep it up I wonder?
Feb 11, 2012 2:52 AM

Aug 2008
brass2themax said:
I want Shu to die. He was a shitty character that was slowly becoming cool, then they fucked him up. I want him, Inori, and all the students to die, and only the remnants of the Undertakers to live.

Whoa whoa there buddy.
Why Inori? It's obvious she's currently under the influence of whatever was originally afflicting Mana.
As for Shuu, he's not a lost case either :)
Feb 11, 2012 2:53 AM

Apr 2008
GodlyKyon said:
Tomodachi5 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Tomodachi5 said:
Tomodachi5 said:

He basically realized that not everyone can be saved, and this makes it so not everyone is equally useful.

You forget who that low ranking person was. It was Souta. THe one responsible for the whole mess.
Feb 11, 2012 3:16 AM

Jul 2011
Darklight0303 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Tomodachi5 said:
GodlyKyon said:
Tomodachi5 said:
Tomodachi5 said:

You forget who that low ranking person was. It was Souta. THe one responsible for the whole mess.

also if he is seen helping a f rank, then he would have to help all the other f ranks if they all get in trouble and it could waste resources to help them, if he didn't it would be favoritism for souta and unfair to the other lower ranks,

also souta had a way of escaping, its not like had no chance of surviving,i thought it was very gai like to leave him there to his devices to make it out
Feb 11, 2012 3:24 AM

Apr 2008
^Exactly.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

39 by HanSSora »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.