Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 25, 2008 1:42 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting developments happening, apparently Colbert was saved by being healed so he never died and everyone supposedly got fooled. Princess is seriously in love with Saito....more trouble with the love between Saito and Louise...hmmmmm...just more complication.
The HIGHLIGHTS:
-Kirche and Colbert getting ecchi...O_o, that's a first!
-The ship reminded of Airship from FF
-Cool artifact but it's not nice to peek into other people's minds or dreams. :P
-New elf guy at the end is crazy cause he can block magic and at the same time rebounce back towards caster, not sure if it will work against void but any elemental will not reach him....can he be related to Tiffa's kind somehow?

#9 is getting more interesting.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 25, 2008 2:32 PM
Mar 2008
LOL, I can't wait for the sub, so just watch the RAW.

Apparently the "jumbo jet" is not jet ... I thought before it was something from the future that fall and revived back by colbert.

The series are getting good thanks to the plot development. I feel pity to princess Henrietta, since Saito will stay with Louise forever. Unless the series allowed for one man marrying 4 woman (include Tiffa and Siesta) ... mwahahahahahahahahaha ... anyway, this is more into harem anime now instead of romantic action ...
Aug 25, 2008 2:36 PM

Jul 2008
leoneri said:
LOL, I can't wait for the sub, so just watch the RAW.

Apparently the "jumbo jet" is not jet ... I thought before it was something from the future that fall and revived back by colbert.

The series are getting good thanks to the plot development. I feel pity to princess Henrietta, since Saito will stay with Louise forever. Unless the series allowed for one man marrying 4 woman (include Tiffa and Siesta) ... mwahahahahahahahahaha ... anyway, this is more into harem anime now instead of romantic action ...

I don't know about the 4 wifes cause their religion is more like the Vatican so now way but adultery might be plaguing him though.

I though Islam is in this but he could not marry and just live with all them. :P
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 25, 2008 6:48 PM

Nov 2007
I saw the Screen Shots for this episode and the biggest question I have is... Why is Kirche in love with Colbert? Is there something making her act like this or did she just totaly have her preferences in men changed to old, balding, and anti-violence?
Aug 26, 2008 9:44 AM

Feb 2008
I actually like this episode a lot, even though we have seen Louise's deredere-side in the previous episodes, nothing beats what she said in the end of episode 8, that she will trust in Saito.
I am getting really tired of Louise reverting back to her dominant tsuntsun-side after we've seen how she opens up towards Saito in the previous episode.

So here's to not seeing any more S&M scenes! o/
Aug 26, 2008 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
This episode was from the better ones so far, but still weak, like this whole season. I mean that was the lamest come back/not actually dead scene in television history.

I (used to?) love this show and had real high hopes for Princess no Rondo...Ehh
Aug 26, 2008 1:03 PM

May 2007
The Louise face sitting is this episode's highlight. XD
Aug 26, 2008 1:40 PM

May 2008
Interesting. lol!!
Aug 26, 2008 1:45 PM
Mar 2008
angel999 said:
... he could not marry and just live with all them. :P

LOL, why not? Saito is a knight, if he married henrietta, he becomes king, and as king, he can do anything he want. LOL LOL LOL

but I think it won't be my preferred ending ...
Aug 26, 2008 1:52 PM
May 2008
ChiBuki said:
The Louise face sitting is this episode's highlight. XD
Aug 26, 2008 5:38 PM

Jul 2007
So Tabitha casted a fake death spell and nobody was told sooner because of a lack of opportunity. That's gotta be the lamest excuse for a plot reversal ever... (-.-) Other than that the ep was nice as usuall.
Aug 26, 2008 6:45 PM

Apr 2008
Of course I've already been beaten several times over to saying that the 'fake death spell' they suddenly dropped on us... dumbest excuse ever. :| Maybe if there was some precedence and/or some sort of hint to that being the case... and that everyone's reactions became "lol ok ur not dead" after the first fifteen seconds... but as they did it, my God. :|

Also, not sure why Saito's hiding the truth of the Henrietta kiss from Louise. It's like, what's worse, telling Louise knew Henrietta looked just like her, or letting her think Henrietta was just Henrietta? Stupid stupid Saito.

Kirche's Colbert stalking thing was weird, too. Out of the blue, completely bizarre, no precedent, no reason, nothing. Geez.

And the sword thing's claim that the eyeglass would strip him? Why? Where did that come from? Bizarre.

All in all, a nonsensical, convulted episode beyond what I've even come to expect from the show. The one thing I'll put in for a decent plus is the Henrietta/Saito relationship post-kiss, 'specially on Henrietta's end. It's one thing that's really got my attention. The rest just annoys me.
Aug 26, 2008 7:50 PM

Jun 2008
nice nice.. that magnifying glass is cool XD
Colbert is really back.
and that Elf looks cool too.

Aug 26, 2008 9:24 PM

Feb 2008
this season is really disappointing, best ep so far was 7
Aug 26, 2008 9:38 PM

Jul 2008
Kvakond said:
This episode was from the better ones so far, but still weak, like this whole season. I mean that was the lamest come back/not actually dead scene in television history.

I (used to?) love this show and had real high hopes for Princess no Rondo...Ehh

+1 on on agreement. This show is just begging me to bump it down to an 8 or possibly 7. T_T
Aug 26, 2008 10:53 PM

Nov 2007
^an 8! im not sure if i would even give this a 7. worst season, nothing makes sense, the plot is finally taking off after half the series is done.

kirche now is a gold digger and is going for balding older men. and by far this season has had the least character growth ever.

after that little rant...this episode was ok, some ecchi scenes were funny and im glad they threw in the fact that the queen likes saito. at least they can change the content of jealousy off of breasts (it is funny, but it just got old).
Aug 26, 2008 11:28 PM

Jun 2007
NorthHawk said:
Of course I've already been beaten several times over to saying that the 'fake death spell' they suddenly dropped on us... dumbest excuse ever. :| Maybe if there was some precedence and/or some sort of hint to that being the case... and that everyone's reactions became "lol ok ur not dead" after the first fifteen seconds... but as they did it, my God. :|

Also, not sure why Saito's hiding the truth of the Henrietta kiss from Louise. It's like, what's worse, telling Louise knew Henrietta looked just like her, or letting her think Henrietta was just Henrietta? Stupid stupid Saito.

Kirche's Colbert stalking thing was weird, too. Out of the blue, completely bizarre, no precedent, no reason, nothing. Geez.

And the sword thing's claim that the eyeglass would strip him? Why? Where did that come from? Bizarre.

All in all, a nonsensical, convulted episode beyond what I've even come to expect from the show. The one thing I'll put in for a decent plus is the Henrietta/Saito relationship post-kiss, 'specially on Henrietta's end. It's one thing that's really got my attention. The rest just annoys me.

I agree 100%, my mouth was wide open the whole time trying to make sense of where the hell this series is going. They brought back a dead guy with the lamest excuse and had him build an air ship in secret for no apparent reason at all. Everyone accepts that the dead guy is alive and treats it like it's nothing big. They made the sex driven ho of school fall in love with someone old enough to be her father, someone who she never would have liked in the past two series......It feels like a lot was left out and I can only guess the novel does a way better job of making it all flow together.

Does anyone else feel like they have two different sets of staff making this series right now? One set of staff members that want to have a plot and answer past questions and another that just wants to have pure ecchiness, WTF moments, and to answer things half assed. Because that's exactly how I feel when I started this series and compare it to the past two.
Aug 26, 2008 11:28 PM

Aug 2007
Well, I like the fact that Henrietta has taken a liking on Saito.

I think that Kirche is into Colbert because both of ther magical affinity is fire maybe? That's the best I could come up with.
Aug 26, 2008 11:31 PM

Oct 2007
crazy_eights said:
^an 8! im not sure if i would even give this a 7. worst season, nothing makes sense, the plot is finally taking off after half the series is done.

kirche now is a gold digger and is going for balding older men. and by far this season has had the least character growth ever.

after that little rant...this episode was ok, some ecchi scenes were funny and im glad they threw in the fact that the queen likes saito. at least they can change the content of jealousy off of breasts (it is funny, but it just got old).

Yeah really, at best this season will get a 5/10 (average). Its been dissappointing. but at least Saito isnt the perv he was in the second season, hell that has bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2008 12:26 AM

Aug 2007
Colbert just appears out of nowhere and a bunch of students all have a cocktail party on his flying ship where he explains that he wasn't really killed, it was just a death spell and he never told anyone because. . .. well . .. he just didn't. Oh, and Colbert and Kirche are suddenly a couple. Where exactly is this show going, if they keep this up I can only imagine what the next season would be like.
Aug 27, 2008 1:14 AM

Jan 2008
Colbert... why don't you have a seat over there.
Aug 27, 2008 4:53 AM

Oct 2007
The explanation about Colbert still being alive was weak and unconvincing. Even I could have come up with a better explanation XP.

Well just like always it was full of pointless antics but at least the situation between Saito & Henrietta certainly adds spice to the romance aspect and the scene with Tabitha was great. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2008 5:54 AM

Jul 2008
Uuchie said:
So Tabitha casted a fake death spell and nobody was told sooner because of a lack of opportunity. That's gotta be the lamest excuse for a plot reversal ever... (-.-) Other than that the ep was nice as usuall.

It might be a lame excuse but you got to admit it worked. On top of that knowing magic, illusions are pretty powerful tools, considering the situation it might have not been possible for Colbert to win the fight of season 2 with the guy who can use fire, otherwise.
Aug 27, 2008 5:56 AM

Jul 2008
Master_M2K said:
The explanation about Colbert still being alive was weak and unconvincing. Even I could have come up with a better explanation XP.

Well just like always it was full of pointless antics but at least the situation between Saito & Henrietta certainly adds spice to the romance aspect and the scene with Tabitha was great. ^_^

Go ahead I am interested in hearing the explanation. Magic is the fundamental element of this anime so maybe it was a good thing.
Aug 27, 2008 9:34 AM
Jul 2008
Well, I wished on a forum in crunchyroll that Colbert should have died and STAYED dead.
Also, I think that colbert and Fire girl would make a good couple. Both of them have elements of FIRE!
Aug 27, 2008 10:01 AM

Nov 2007
angel999 said:
Master_M2K said:

Go ahead I am interested in hearing the explanation. Magic is the fundamental element of this anime so maybe it was a good thing.

magic may be the fundatmental but there was zero reason to bring back colbert or to even have a love interest that could be his daughter. just because magic has that fantasy realm to it, doesn't mean that it should defy all logic and just do it because they want to. its bad story telling.
Aug 27, 2008 12:51 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode! :3
I didn't really get why did Coulbert faked his death for though...
Also for you all that didn't like the fact that Coulbert didn't stayed "dead", was due because the anime is based after a Novel, and in the novel Coulbert never really died.
GenixAug 27, 2008 12:54 PM
Aug 27, 2008 3:24 PM

May 2008
It's been a while since I've viewed the second season of Zero no Tuskaima, so I don't feel too confident in suggesting this ... but I'm pretty sure that Colbert was the hero in that whole hostage situation deal, right? Perhaps that was the start of Kirche's attraction? Maybe something happened at Kirche's family's manor to ignite it, too... I have the feeling details won't be divulged. D; The relationship in general just might be fanservice for the viewers who are fans of forbidden teacher/student romances, maybe.

As others have mentioned before - yeah, why did the sword tell Saito to run? There was no "oops, my bad" afterwards or anything, so I kinda felt like it was a cheap way to get some conflict going, ya know? ;P

OK, OK... I like the idea of Henrietta having a thing for Saito. However, I have a problem when too many female characters are having a thing for Saito. It begins to feels like a harem!

I kind of hoped that the magic artifact would've revealed the scene during the ball ... I thought the whole situation with Henrietta looking like Louise and such might move the relationship along (which it sorely needs, IMO.) I can at least rejoice at the fact that I haven't seen Louise's whip for a while, and it seems Louise is trying hard to believe Saito when he says something.

I can't imagine the romance and plot all being wrapped up within 5 episodes without it feeling a little rushed / half-baked. I have a bad feeling I might be waiting for a fourth season (because despite ZnT's flaws, I can't help but adore it) in order to get some closure.
Aug 27, 2008 3:28 PM

Dec 2007
weak return from the dead

other then that i loved this episode. The return to the plot was great, as well as the "oh snap" moment with the elf and Tabitha(sp?).
Also I think we finally have the first true love triangle of Zero no Tsukaima. Previous people who "liked" Saito are just overly hyped on sex (Seista) or are not completly interested (Tiffa). Henrietta looks to be the first person who truly likes Saito besides Louise. Interestingly enough, Louise, who is usually thick-headed, figured Henrietta's feelings out pretty quickly.

I'll stick with my original opinion, that this season is much better than season 2 (due to it never completely straying from the plot) but not as good as the first season (due to the increase in ecchi)
Aug 27, 2008 4:04 PM

Jul 2008
crazy_eights said:
angel999 said:
Master_M2K said:

magic may be the fundatmental but there was zero reason to bring back colbert or to even have a love interest that could be his daughter. just because magic has that fantasy realm to it, doesn't mean that it should defy all logic and just do it because they want to. its bad story telling.

I guess your opinion may be right but those who made the anime, I think maybe they though that way or it may be that decided to do it this way.
Aug 27, 2008 4:40 PM

Apr 2008
Uuchie said:

truth...hated that lol ._.
and henrietta in love with saito...poor princess =p

If you listen to fools, the Mob Rules!
Aug 27, 2008 7:46 PM
Aug 2008
NorthHawk said:

Also, not sure why Saito's hiding the truth of the Henrietta kiss from Louise. ...

... The one thing I'll put in for a decent plus is the Henrietta/Saito relationship post-kiss,...

Saito is confused about his own feelings. He even had a line saying that he didn't know what to think about the whole thing. Plus, he's a guy, he's fond of Louise but sexually frustrated, he does *not* want to compromise his limited ability to at least look at other girls.

I think that's what the sword was worried about. The glass would "strip" Saito of plausible deniability, and the sword is a male-type personality, so it wants Saito to have that slim masculine margin of privacy.

It's not bizarre that Kirche would try to seduce Colbert. Kirche has, in past episodes, tried to seduce just about every male biped in the show. It's also perfectly common for young, promiscuous women to try an older man at least once. The only bizarre thing is that she doesn't deal with the typical complications of promiscuity. Now, if Kirche suddenly gave up her polyandrous ways and became a one-man woman -- that would be bizarre.

Henrietta has always had the hots for Saito, so that's just plausible character behavior.
Aug 27, 2008 7:51 PM
Aug 2008
crazy_eights said:

kirche now is a gold digger and is going for balding older men.

I think you got the relationship backwards. Kirche is rich but not reputable. (Recall her family sent her away to school because her promiscuity made her family look bad in their community.) Colbert needs money for research but has an excellent reputation both as ex-killer and scholar. A wealthy woman is buying some respectability and a possible marriage partner. This kind of thing actually happened before feminism and contraception changed sexual behavior. Heck, it still might be going on somewhere. Kirche is not a gold digger -- she's a "fallen woman." Colbert is not her sugar daddy -- Colbert is the financial beneficiary.

Plus, Colbert might be bald and non-violent, but he is still magically capable enough to defend others in battle. How many of Kirche's student boyfriends from the first series could say the same?
Aug 27, 2008 8:14 PM

Jun 2007
@formosan - it just happened way to fast for all of us to believe. One second she's into younger guys and now shes into guys older enough to be her dad. The producers didn't give us any buffer between that so it was like seeing Saito go from skinny to fat all in one episode.

This series as a whole really feels like it has no real connection to the past two. They stripped out the whole marriage thing between Saito and Louise, they've answered some of the past questions very halfassed or discreetly and left other questions to die and be forgotten.
Aug 27, 2008 11:46 PM
Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
This series as a whole really feels like it has no real connection to the past two. They stripped out the whole marriage thing between Saito and Louise, they've answered some of the past questions very halfassed or discreetly and left other questions to die and be forgotten.

Which has become my problem with it.

The excuse for Colbert was atrocious - "Uhh, yeaaah.....fake death spell....that'll do"
Henrietta was totally out of character and eechi galore. It no longer has any link to past series bar the characters and location.

Maybe I'm judging it too harshly, but this series just seems to absolutely pale in comparison with the last two. I adored the first series, enjoyed the second bar the ending to the final episode, but this one? I'm struggling here.

Good to see other people enjoy it but to be honest I think it's past me now.
Aug 28, 2008 3:15 AM
Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
...it just happened way to fast for all of us to believe....

Yeah, the Kirche/Colbert thing could have been a lot better, and there's a lot of stuff like that.

The bigger problems are the Saito/Louise deadlock, their apparent forgetting about their marriage, and the fact that most of the episodes in the third season haven't advanced character development.

I agree, this third season is much worse than the second.
Aug 28, 2008 6:22 AM

Jul 2008
man thats so low, fake death~~. and he dont have such a big role to play either this episode. i hope the tabithas arc will getting better.

Aug 28, 2008 1:05 PM

Mar 2008
WHT? a "fake death spell"?? wht a stupid way to get back a character. it undermined the greatness of tht ep wen he died. argh *annoyed*
Aug 31, 2008 9:38 PM

Dec 2007
The fake death spell made me realize why I will give this a 5/10. Older men are hot, but...COLBERT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. But I still watch it? I dunno. I like how Tabitha is going to get her own arc, so I am going to watch it. Maybe some kind of plot will develop? ZOMG FINALLY.
Sep 3, 2008 9:52 AM

Jan 2008
Uuchie said:
So Tabitha casted a fake death spell and nobody was told sooner because of a lack of opportunity. That's gotta be the lamest excuse for a plot reversal ever... (-.-)

I second this. It's like they ran out of plot points, and decided that they shouldn't have killed off a character. At least it wasn't all a dream sequence like in the series "Dallas" because they figured out too late that they shouldn't have killed off the main villain character.

I have absolutely no idea where this show is going, other than to ecchi hell. Enough with everyone "accidently" groping Tiff's breasts already. Sheesh.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 3, 2008 9:59 AM

Jan 2008
Genix said:
I liked this episode! :3
Also for you all that didn't like the fact that Coulbert didn't stayed "dead", was due because the anime is based after a Novel, and in the novel Coulbert never really died.

Why does this NOT surprise me? I hate it when that happens.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 4, 2008 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
Henritta must die... henritta must die...

Kill henritta... kill henritta..
Sep 6, 2008 11:00 AM

May 2007
TABITHA NO IMOUTO
TABITHA NO IMOUTO
TABITHA NO IMOUTO
TABITHA NO IMOUTO
TABITHA NO IMOUTO
TABITHA NO IMOUTO
TABITHA NO IMOUTO
Sep 6, 2008 11:53 PM

Aug 2007
NICE BOAT?

although no one seems to die in this series..
Sep 7, 2008 2:59 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007

I'll be damned. The irony is overwhelming!
Sep 7, 2008 4:28 AM

Jun 2008
holy crap, did we just get an episode without a relationship reset? O:
Sep 7, 2008 8:30 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was kinda boring. :/
Sep 7, 2008 10:21 AM
Dec 2007
The beginning of the episode was a disaster with the incoherent explanation of Colbert's death and the ridiculous chase between Saito and the 3 girls. But in the second part, the plot of the third season finally starts (wow, after 8 episodes !) and interesting things happen. But it seems that the next episode will be full of clichés once again with the search for Tabatha's sister... However I'm glad the script finally shows itself, so I shouldn't be so critical, Zero no Tsukaima never intended to be a deep and serious series, even if the first two seasons were far better than this one.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 7, 2008 9:16 PM

Jul 2007
Henrieta is a bitch the end-
Oh dunno but this 3rd season seems to be for children under 14-15...
Last 2 seasons were far better story-wise and i liked them both.I laugh a lot with this season but hell theres no STORY.That sucks a bit but w/e i wanna see Saito+Luise together ffs!
Sep 8, 2008 10:12 PM

Jan 2008
What a lame reason. He survived because we thought he died >_>
Saito x Henritta ftw lol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Censored_Vagina - Aug 10, 2008

82 by LadyLeeMing »»
Mar 15, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Sep 21, 2008

218 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 8, 2008

64 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 3, 2008

113 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kouma_Kun - Jul 27, 2008

151 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 27, 2023 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.