Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 7, 2012 2:07 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Ichigo has to fight against his own friends to get to Tsukishima, things are getting intense now! Really love how they are animating these scenes!
Feb 7, 2012 2:16 AM

Dec 2009
shadowtsunami said:
Getting better since the last ep. I know Jouten I thought I was the only one who noticed the reanimation.

The added scenes are definitely making it flow alot better then it did in the manga.
Feb 7, 2012 3:22 AM

Nov 2011
I agree I am extremely impressed with how the anime is pulling it off so well.
This arc in the manga wasn't all that great but the anime version is really doing an amazing job with this arc.

The emotion put into it, the music which plays perfectly for a lot of the scenes, how you can feel Ichigo is just becoming so desperately confused and crazy in everything that is going on. How his family and friends think he's gone mad and that itself is affecting him emotionally.(The scene makes it feel like everything is just falling apart)

I have to hand it to them. I thought the anime of this arc would be no different then the manga but it supremely surpasses it and shocked me!(The "flow" of it as you stated, which really helped pull it off.) At one point it felt like one of those "On the edge of my seat" moments and now I'm actually really looking forward to the next episode as well!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 7, 2012 3:54 AM

Aug 2011
I found the whole brainwash thing quite predictable.. but animes these days don't work on the predictable anyway, it's how well it's executed. And Bleach executes it extremely well.

Also I was wondering what will be up with Ishida, I love him.
Did you like my avatar, perv?
Feb 7, 2012 4:44 AM

Feb 2011
It was a fine episode. Only thing that disappoined me is that Tsukishima's arm getting cut part was censored. Oh well, not the first time we see censorship in Bleach.
Feb 7, 2012 4:50 AM

Mar 2010
It's like this episode lasted two minutes! It's amazing how time flies when you're watching Bleach :D LoL at the scenes from the past with Tsukishima, he even fought Aizen :D
Feb 7, 2012 5:13 AM
Oct 2011
@Dodara

"It's like this episode lasted two minutes! It's amazing how time flies when you're watching Bleach :D"

+500 bro :)
Great episode by the way !!!
1 épisode until the epic moment of the Fullbring Arc, can't wait.
Feb 7, 2012 5:31 AM

Jun 2007
Dodara said:
It's like this episode lasted two minutes! It's amazing how time flies when you're watching Bleach

Yea, it was the same for me, but apart from IMHO being a good episode in the technical as well as atmospheric area I'd also blame it somewhat on the fact, that there was little feeling of progress for me. It seems like the entire episode was used to a) move Ichigo's character to Tsukishimas mansion and b) let him realize what the spectator know since the previous episode. These to steps may have been executed in a good manner and might have suffered if they were shortened in a significant way, but at least one more relevant element of story progress would have been nice IMHO. ;)
Feb 7, 2012 7:06 AM

Oct 2010
HalvorzN said:
Crappy episode, just another coward wasting several episodes because he's a chicken. Really, fanboys aside, I can't see who would say the loved this episode. Total utter crap.
Hated it.

And i wonder what you like. So you criticize because everybody dont agree with you? Nevermind i saw your profile. So i guess Naruto is supposed to be so great and Fairy Tail the OP rip off.Ao no Exorcist anime turned to shit around episode 15 when they changed the whole story around.

I could had sworn in the manga that Tsukishimas arm was cut off unless i'm remembering wrong.
Feb 7, 2012 7:18 AM

Nov 2010
These cliff hangers are killing me!! the anime for this arc is deffinitely better than the manga!
Feb 7, 2012 7:26 AM

Aug 2009
It was a good episode, but it did felt a bit slow just like Urisk said. Half the episode was just the same stuff from the previous episode. The short fight was pretty cool with Ichigo's speed, getsuga shurikens and toned down Tenshou. I hope in the next episode Ichigo would man up and start talking to his friends about their memories, find contradictions and point them out. But even if he does that i hope it wont work, because we've seen enough evil conquered with the power of friendship.

Also nice foreshadowing in the beginning of the episode. What are they carrying i wonder...? Find out in the next episodes...
Feb 7, 2012 8:16 AM

Oct 2010
Episode was good with the extended fight parts that were added.

I'm only dissapointed Tsukishima's arm didn't get chopped off here tough, oh well...

Feb 7, 2012 9:27 AM

Apr 2011
Bleach does a lot less recap at the beginning of episodes compared to the past so I'm not complaining. Plus I don't mind if they stretch things out a little to keep pace with the manga and prevent fillers. But I do understand people saying the last two episodes were repetitive.
Feb 7, 2012 10:34 AM

Aug 2009
Why was Ichigo's father carrying a light sword ?
Feb 7, 2012 10:37 AM

Dec 2011
Game_Master said:
Why was Ichigo's father carrying a light sword ?

I guess he will
KimuraFeb 7, 2012 6:31 PM
Feb 7, 2012 12:21 PM
Dec 2010
I am literally in love with this series all over again. The anime is pulling out the stops like no other and it's awesome!!! While I still like this part of the manga, like much of this arc the anime team (and likely Kubo assisting) is making it 9000+ times better!!!

I even welcomed the 5 minute recap, because the last episode was just that epic!! Also added to the urgency. And the art is spot on, even. I could go on xp

Next episode is going to be ridiculous. Can't wait. 5/5
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Feb 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Dec 2011
Wow Ichigo is even stronger than he was a soul reaper.

Ichigo might have kill his own friends to kill Tsukishima.
Feb 7, 2012 1:39 PM
Jul 2011
I want Bankai back.
And what the hell happened to Kon?
+, his father is acting all mysterious.
Feb 7, 2012 1:57 PM

Mar 2011
What was Isshin and Urahara doing is what is making me curious. Although, I'm obviously also curious as to how he will defeat Tsukishima.
@AnimeFtw1 What did happen to Kon? He just disappeared I guess, unless I missed something about him going away...
Wonder what his powers will be like when he regains his shinigami powers back, assuming he does, due to him now having Shinigami, Hollow, and Fullbring powers. Could bring about some more awesome powers!
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--
Feb 7, 2012 2:17 PM
Feb 2012
Personally I'm just waiting for him to go Hollow/beast mode on Tsukishima. But I guess I'll have to keep waiting for that.. Him beeing in his original human form and all. /sigh
Feb 7, 2012 3:08 PM

Apr 2011
cant w8 for next episode!!!;)
Feb 7, 2012 4:14 PM

Jan 2011
Really cool episode!
I like that Tsukishima is really manipulative and really knows how to mess with Ichigo. Rather than just threatening friends and family, he's putting them right in the middle of everything and that really pushes Ichigo into a corner that he can't get out of because there's no way he would harm his friends and family.

This arc in the manga went extremely fast, I like that they're adding some details and better explanations to everything.
Feb 7, 2012 4:51 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty good episode, I got to say. They handled this scene beautifully, great music and everything.
Feb 7, 2012 6:25 PM

Oct 2008
I loled at the scenes where Tsukishima was there during hardcore fights where he would be completely useless.
Feb 7, 2012 7:00 PM
Feb 2011
im guessing kons not here because ichigo has no need for him anymore so hes proberbly either at uraharas shop with the bount sensors or he went back with rukia.
one thing i found funny about all the memories Tsukishima changed is that they are all major fight scenes while everyone is injured and has ripped clothes he didnt have a single scrach on him, i know its not just me but if he went up against aisen im pritty sure hed have at least a bit of dirt on him.
also cant wait to see what that light sword is that his dad had.
and there was one memorie that he changed witch was where they learned to use there powers, where the hell was yoruichi
Feb 7, 2012 8:29 PM
Jan 2012
SOO TRUUE. NO ONE WAS THERE TO SEE THAT FIGHT WITH AIZEN.

and in that scene, did you guys see Tsukishima's beautiful hair blowing in the wind, while Ichigo was all bloody and stuff? XD
Feb 7, 2012 9:55 PM

Mar 2011
Jouten said:
The added scenes are definitely making it flow alot better then it did in the manga.

Am I the only one who feels like they're just dragging it out so they don't catch up to the manga as fast? >.> But they did do a good job, i'll give 'em that, it's flows pretty well, and Ichigo's internal chaos is illustrated quite nicely, (though I can always do with more chaos!! >:D )

but on another note, why didn't anyone notice the huge, western-style building that popped up in the woods? =.= lol
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Feb 8, 2012 1:17 AM
Jul 2011
I like how Tsukishima looked all photoshoped/obviously useless in the flashbacks, especially the random stills where he was just holding a book.

"Oh what's that? Who took down Byakaya, Ulquiorra, and Aizen? It was Tsukishima, silly Ichigo. He was obviously the X-factor."

Too bad animation quality goes down next episode since if they keep the pace they're using a really good moment is about to come up and it would have been nice to see the A-rank animation team handle it.
Feb 8, 2012 3:51 PM

Jun 2008
This episode and the previous one are the only episodes I've really enjoyed for quite some time. These mind games / mind alterations are far more interesting and emotional than the mindless fighting in the last 100 episodes or so.
Feb 8, 2012 5:46 PM

Jan 2011
x-ShoutOut-x said:
So... Am I the only one who DIED when I saw Tsukishima and his 'copy' 'paste' moments in those memories? XD
I mean.. Everyone's standing there, looking as cool as ever, and there's Tsukishima... Reading a book.

Oh and that scene where Ichigo was fighting Aizen, NO ONE was there to see that, other than Ichigo. [ Am I right? ]
SO HOW did Tsukishima get in there? XDDD
nah i was dying when i saw that each time it showed him somewhere i would just say *Insert Random ass Tsukishima here!*,i feel as though the flow of this arc is better then the manga
Feb 8, 2012 8:47 PM

Jul 2007
I wonder if this will be the final arc in the anime. It is like the shortest arc in the anime and the next one is going to be like the same size as aizen's arc and we all know that took up the majority of the series.

They could very well make a 2nd adaptation of bleach. Since the final arc is going to go in a completely different and new direction.
ArtimesGamerFeb 9, 2012 9:11 AM

Feb 9, 2012 1:06 PM

Nov 2008
Aizen would have killed that bastard Tsukishima with one swing.
Feb 9, 2012 1:39 PM

Apr 2011
AnimeFtw1 said:
I want Bankai back.
And what the hell happened to Kon?
+, his father is acting all mysterious.

You know I don't think anyone noticed he was missing at all. He's just such a shitty character I think it would be best to scrap him. It'd be nice if they did that actually.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Feb 9, 2012 1:56 PM

Mar 2008
i must say i really liked this ep, its finally starting to have some action.. cant wait to see next things animated ^_^
Face-Paint said:
Am I the only one who feels like they're just dragging it out so they don't catch up to the manga as fast? >.>

well manga being on hiatus for 3 weeks, that is quite possible..
Feb 9, 2012 8:15 PM

Dec 2011
It's starting to get interesting again, now that Ichigo has some powers..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2012 1:50 AM

Jan 2011
Damn, I'm seriously loving how great these parts of the arc are being animated, been done really well. Tsukishima being in all the events that everyone has been through so far, those scenes were made pacing flow quite nicely. What I really loved was the fight in this episode. Ichigo used his Fullbring and his 'shunpo' was so fast, reminded of his Bankai speed and how he fought Byakuya. Also the OST that played when they were fighting, so epic.

Fullbring Arc Anime > Fullbring Manga imo. Actually liking Fullbring Arc more than I had in the manga.
Feb 10, 2012 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
i was laughing so much when they were showing the past with Tsukishima, it was so random and it felt like he was a photobomber, but an anime version.
the omake was really good too

Feb 11, 2012 6:47 AM

Jun 2010
Awesome! Maybe now ichigo can kill everyone along with tsukishima. I found most of the supporting cast up to now quite annoying. bleach seriously needs a reboot with all new supporting cast to be fresh.. out with the old and in with the new I say. KILL, KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!! except maybe yuzu.

Ok i think i stop now and take my medication.

Jokes aside, was a pretty good ep. Loved how ichigo reaction from everything. he can be so serious and his face expressions are just lol.

Feb 12, 2012 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
link9us said:
I wonder if this will be the final arc in the anime. It is like the shortest arc in the anime and the next one is going to be like the same size as aizen's arc and we all know that took up the majority of the series.

They could very well make a 2nd adaptation of bleach. Since the final arc is going to go in a completely different and new direction.
Well, let's just hope it doesn't really come to that right now...If Bleach goes away suddenly like Katekyo Hitman Reborn, the anime world might be in an uproar.
Feb 12, 2012 10:52 PM

Feb 2008
Xtc said:
Wow Ichigo is even stronger than he was a soul reaper.

Ichigo might have kill his own friends to kill Tsukishima.

what, no way, he's strong, but I highly doubt he was stronger than when he was a soul reaper, the whole point of this process is to get his powers back, which in turn, when he does, he'll keep his current powers, and add on to his soul reaper powers. So no, he isn't stronger than before, but he will be when he gets his old powers back.
Feb 14, 2012 10:20 AM

Jul 2009
I'll have to follow the anime more close than I did the manga since I got a bit lost with who the antagonist really was in that.
Feb 14, 2012 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
somehow this arc is more tolerable than it was in the manga. still rather bad.

better off just watching though, less wait and bore than plodding through the manga.
Feb 15, 2012 4:32 AM

Dec 2011
It's a little weird to see Ichigo with a normal sized sword!
Feb 21, 2012 11:58 PM

Aug 2010
Gotta love Trollscihima.
Feb 22, 2012 8:34 PM

Apr 2007
x-ShoutOut-x said:
Oh and that scene where Ichigo was fighting Aizen, NO ONE was there to see that, other than Ichigo. [ Am I right? ]
SO HOW did Tsukishima get in there? XDDD

Then that would mean he was actually there now wouldn't it... didn't you see him... over by the rock? Ichigo is obviously the one with the memory troubles. Lol

Seriously though, it was so funny how Tsukishima was inserted in all those scenes unscathed and reading a book while everyone else is completely into the moments.

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Mar 14, 2012 3:01 AM

Nov 2010
It was hard for me to buy this story, sadly the Omake was even better
Mar 21, 2012 7:36 AM

Aug 2010
Saruwatari-Ayumu said:
the anime for this arc is deffinitely better than the manga!
Apr 8, 2012 9:39 AM

Jul 2011
Jouten said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Ichigo has to fight against his own friends to get to Tsukishima, things are getting intense now! Really love how they are animating these scenes!

Abs agreed! I still wonder what Urahara and Ichigo's father were doing and I cant wait to see Rukia appearing again.
The episdoe was great as usual, I've wanted to see this kind of battle for a long time.
5/5
Apr 11, 2012 9:11 PM

Mar 2011
The intro and the initial recap took a full 5 minutes. That is over 20% of the episode. You also have think of the ending credits at a full minute and a half. That is 6.5 minutes of 24 minutes worth of original content. Over 3/4 of this episode was a repeat and this isn't out of the ordinary.

That being said, I think the parts with Ichigo going insane were too drawn out and predictable, but the fight redeemed this episode. What got me in to Bleach to begin with was the intense music and the fight scenes where Ichiigo showcases new power. This episode definitely delivered.

May 24, 2012 5:00 PM
Mar 2010
Really interesting and definitely some of the better episodes since the end of Aizen.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
Yesterday, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 85 Discussion

Scribbly - Jul 17, 2008

26 by 91vulnicura »»
Apr 10, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 286 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dizzee - Aug 31, 2010

114 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.