Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2012 12:52 AM

Aug 2009
Not to be a weirdo, but how did Riku get Diva pregnant? Yes I understand that it's assumed Diva rapes Riku, and since he's Saya's chavalier, he is able to get her pregnant. But wouldn't he have had to...um get off in order for pregnancy to be possible? He looked like he was about to pee in his pants, and there wasn't much time at all, so unless the whole mating thing is different when Chiropterans are involved, I don't see how he could have gotten her pregnant. Anyone know if the manga explains this?

On an unrelated note, I was wondering, was Saya's (blood) father human? We know her mother was Chiroteran, but we don't learn anything about her father.
Feb 11, 2012 2:41 PM
Feb 2012
My guess is Diva was just... well, forceful. Erection and ejaculation, even if someone desperately doesn't want to, can be achieved through external, foreign stimulation, remember. Even though Riku was terrified and didn't want it, all Diva really would have had to do was made sure he couldn't get away and, well, have her way with him until his own climax.

I don't think Saya and Diva's father was human. While never stated outright, remember Diva's ultimate goal was to have a family. While we don't know if she's tried for sure, considering how strong her desire was, and Amshel implies he's tried to have her own Chevaliers try to impregnate her, she's probably tried having one with a stranger in the past by now.

It's not explained in the manga- Riku was never raped and killed. While Diva was about to have sex with him while he was unconscious, this was only because Amshel and Solomon wanted to see if she could breed. He woke up and called her Saya, which caused her to start crying and they actually had a small chat.

However, judging from that scene in the manga, it's very save to assume Chiropteran mating with Queens and Chevalier is just sex. She was naked, he was on bottom (still clothed though), and it really did seem like Diva was just gonna have sex with him and that was it.

Hope this all helps :)
ShadowSora94Feb 11, 2012 4:36 PM
Feb 11, 2012 3:35 PM

Aug 2009
Thanks so much! I really appreciate all that helpful info! :D
Feb 11, 2012 4:35 PM
Feb 2012
It's no prob- always nice to help a Blood+ fan :3

So, you haven't read the manga o:?

It's pretty different, but I recommend reading it- it's different enough you get a different experience than watching the anime c:
Jan 1, 2018 4:32 PM
Dec 2017
I know I'm late but here's the answer:
In the light novel adaptation, it's explained that something in Diva's eyes causes the Chevalier blood in Riku to react with a "maddening desire" that causes him to be incapable of escaping or physically resisting Diva's actions.
So she basically hypnotized him.
Jan 18, 2018 5:26 AM
Jan 2018
Riku just a young pilot, man. and he drive an Antonov AN 225! DAMN. Diva ages is more than Riku for 10 time. Well I guess those things are created by the author. So we only can have a question and Reaction about this. I guess Riku 3==D are big.
Jan 31, 2019 6:25 PM
Oct 2017
I was going to consider watching the anime until I say how much sad death there was...……...

More topics from this board

» what do you think

mydaddy - Mar 6

12 by RikkiRini »»
Mar 9, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Jul 16, 2007

99 by dkjiji »»
Feb 23, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 29, 2008

31 by wildhood »»
Feb 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JudgeRuthless - Oct 16, 2008

147 by ANDy342 »»
Dec 9, 2023 4:39 AM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 6 Discussion

sifma - Mar 27, 2008

43 by Alterlines »»
Oct 4, 2023 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.