Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 22, 2016 3:08 PM

May 2016
Viper_607 said:
Actually, I think people might be taking it all a bit too literally. I think they both in the end feared that they would end up breaking up, and that many things might happen to tear them apart but, it's important to note that they felt that they themselves might not be good enough for their partner, as opposed to them thinking they were too good for their partners. Thus, breaking up is not something they're going to do unless a third party steals one of them away and to be honest, I don't see that being close to possible given their feelings for one another. I also think that his family would more console her and cherish her than throw her away, given the pain that occured to the big sister.

I think they lived a happy life after all, yet both gave their own rather mature thoughts about how relationships might work.
that was another ehhh thing for me was the baby dying. I know that was suppose to be the little "tragedy" of the story but sorry I couldn't cry nor give a shit about it since the sister just popped up out of nowhere and again, it's just a baby. it isn't like it was a developed character that died. it would of been much better if that happened.
Jul 12, 2017 8:55 PM

Feb 2015
That was fucking bullshit. Manga was an 8/10 until those last few pages, then it was a 6.
Sep 24, 2017 7:00 AM
May 2015
I like this manga, all the drama an romance but the ending very unsatisfying the mangaka should havde ended it in more happy ending so I just rated it 7 but still it is a great manga. It would have been a masterpiece if they ended marrying each other and such because the drama is so heavy that you would expect and want a very happy ending for the two of them.
Oct 25, 2017 3:36 AM

Feb 2007
Viper_607 said:
Actually, I think people might be taking it all a bit too literally. I think they both in the end feared that they would end up breaking up, and that many things might happen to tear them apart but, it's important to note that they felt that they themselves might not be good enough for their partner, as opposed to them thinking they were too good for their partners. Thus, breaking up is not something they're going to do unless a third party steals one of them away and to be honest, I don't see that being close to possible given their feelings for one another. I also think that his family would more console her and cherish her than throw her away, given the pain that occured to the big sister.

I think they lived a happy life after all, yet both gave their own rather mature thoughts about how relationships might work.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this. What's more, it's not just that neither of them is even considering being the first to let go - they are, and already have been over the course of the series, changing more and more into exactly the type of person they want for the other, it may just be difficult for them to see this slow change for themselves.

Ah, this comment has been on my mind pretty much from the time I finished the manga and I remember this every time I find myself thinking of the series again, but somehow I never got around to posting here in all these years...
Feb 3, 2018 10:33 PM

Feb 2017
im i the only one who thinks that the last few pages after the kiss scene destroyed all the feel?

seriously wtf is that "we'll find somebody better in future" lol?

Feb 9, 2018 9:35 PM

Sep 2017
They could have given us another chapter and a more fleshed out ending but I enjoyed the manga overall
May 21, 2018 1:41 PM

Apr 2018
I am fine with the last two pages personally. It just shows how much they love each other and their under-confident of themselves. Daisuke will be more mature as time goes and Aikawa will be cheerful as she already finds someone who treasures her despite her dark past. The scar is still there, but it will be just a scar as they are more mature and accept themselves.

At least that's how I interpret it
It was a good read
Oct 14, 2018 10:37 AM

Oct 2013
That kinda felt like a little bit abrupt of an ending.

We all know that they will be together in the end, we all want them to be together in the end - but I guess it kinda leaves it to the readers' imagination on what will happen to their story next. Knowing their circumstances, it would be difficult for the both of them but they really have no choice but to depend on each other for support from then on.

All in all, I really like how painfully realistic this manga portrayed the trauma and mental anguish of Hinako's past that I can't help but sympathize with her. Though her mother leaving her to live by herself to study knowing what happened is something I can't wrapped around my head around. It really was a pleasure to see how Hinako, little by little, got back to living her life as a normal girl with the help of the MC.

Feb 6, 2019 3:04 AM

Oct 2012
dang. no epilogue of family together or anything

and both have thoughts in their head one is hoping finds something better than the other..

the ending sucks :(

but i still gave it a 9.
Mar 4, 2019 11:22 PM
Nov 2018
don't know how to feel about a couple getting together with both of them feeling like it's a "doomed relationship". Anyways the ending felt somewhat rushed but for what the manga was aiming for (Drama) it was great. a solid 7 from me.
Jun 2, 2020 9:40 PM

Sep 2014
Their overly pessimistic expectations for their future together was definitely unwelcome. They should have gotten over that sort of feeling by the end of the story. It's an unnecesary conflict that remains unresolved for no good reason and makes me feel they haven't fully developed in the story despite everything they went through.

Likewise, Yuzu and Kazuki didn't seem to grow as characters at all since their conflict remained unresolved - both of them expect the main couple to break up because of some ridiculous logic like "his mother will learn the truth". It would take one hell of an unempatheticl mother to worry more about other people's prejudice than the horrible experience Aikawa went through. And it would be even more stupid if they broke up because of something that disgusting.

I guess this story probably could have done without Kazuki as well. I mean, who the hell would even put up with such an insane girl like that? At least dump her sooner or something. Having her stick around as if she were the protagonist's girlfriend until the final chapters makes no sense.

Other than that though, it was a great read! The way the mangaka approached pregnancy and trauma was actually quite interesting.
FlamepriesTJun 2, 2020 9:56 PM
Sep 12, 2020 3:00 PM
May 2015
That was quite a read. Kusonoki made a harrowing but stirring and cathartic portrayal of a traumatized girl and her coming to terms with her rape/pregnancy.

If Ms Kusonoki is willing, I hope she can continue the story in the future.
Jul 7, 2021 8:23 PM

Feb 2021
I mean it was a realistic ending but c'mon she deserved a happy ending :(

It did feel like how a real life scenario would turn out but still it feels...plain I guess?

In the end she didn't get over her fear of men completely. How will she be able to find someone like Daisuke back in her town? Kazuki's gonna start over the dating scenario after Aikawa goes back to her home. Yuzu was the one who ruined this relationship by blurting it all out.

But I still agree to the ending with them agreeing that they can never be together forever, cause lets be honest, society is a dick and once it finds out about Aikawa's past they sure will pity her, but they will never fully accept her for giving birth even though it wasn't her fault.

I guess it's true then,
"Reality is often disappointing." :/

EDIT: In short it was a bitter-sweet ending but I like their realistic perspective and mature thinking not some ".....and they lived happily ever after...." kind of ending.
DeonXJul 7, 2021 8:26 PM

Aug 13, 2021 10:02 PM
Aug 2021
I think the ending only further proves that they will be together forever, they're insecure when regarding one another for the simple fact that they think there both not good enough for each other, when in reality, they are exactly that. Great Ending! Great Manga!
Mar 7, 2022 4:49 PM

Aug 2008
Story has a grim premise and romance never really overcomes this. Supporting cast aside from the sister all undeveloped and the blonde crazy fake girlfriend especially irritating. Final chapter sudden end with some bullcrap lines of "we'll probably break up" to really kill any chance of being happy for this couple and Hinako being able to move on from what happened to her.

Would have been nice to see a bit more of the female friend being able to move on from her crush and forgive herself for hurting Hinako. Being able to properly apologize to Daisuke as well, shouldn't leave things bitter.

Thinking to hard I suppose, manga really leans on the shocking abuse and doesn't really build on it, 5/10 I guess.
Jun 14, 2022 10:04 AM
Apr 2022
It's a nice ending but such a heart-breaking at the same time, this is one of the greatest manga I've ever read and also this is the only manga I've ever felt so much pain reading, what a great reading
Sep 4, 2023 9:33 PM
Aug 2023
Definitely a 10/10 manga. I loved all the characters, even the crazy one. And I was never bored reading it.

The ending is a happy one. They both think the other person will find someone better, which means they never will. It's not being pessimistic, it's wanting the other person's happiness more than your own. I think it's pretty obvious they'll stay together.
Sep 9, 2023 1:44 AM
Jun 2014
Great Manga. I love everything about it except the ending.
Though I'd like to think positively about it and think that its rather cute that they know the hardships that will follow and despite that, chose to stay together.

HOWEVER, their thoughts are kinda annoying, in a way that it makes it feel like they wont fight to stay together. Nor will they try to grow into the person that each other deserves.
And it feels a little short, couldve made more chapters about their struggles in the future and all as they mentioned that the mother doesn't know it yet..

But this manga is definitely a good read. I dont think it'll greatly disappoint anyone.

7/10 for me.
Dec 14, 2023 4:40 PM

Nov 2023
While I loved this all the way through, the ending did feel really sudden and also just didn't click with me too much

HOWWEEVVERRR
it was enough to make me cry, it felt kind of bittersweet in a way. I really loved this manga overall and just gotta give it a 9, sure as hell would've been a 10 if the ending was a little better but still, really hit close to home, and the way the sensitive topics were handled and the way daisuke reacted to them hit close to home as well, gonna be a book I'm gonna cherish for a long time I'm sure.
Dec 14, 2023 4:43 PM

Nov 2023
Reply to Viper_607

Viper_607 said:

Okay changed my mind it's a 10 for me now, I didn't really see things like this at first but yeah it's gotta be how things would've turned out for sure.
Dec 25, 2023 5:30 AM

Jun 2017
an exquisite tale of grief and sorrow executed right without going over the top like a few mangas .It handles the micro emotions so perfectly that you know the mangaka has lived through it even if just a bit.The love and romances here are secondary .He rightly figures out that the trauma would stay for eternity and prioritises to lessen the pain ,signifying they have matured and understood the weight behind their conviction.What's next is for them to find out .
9.5/10
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bitter Virgin Chapter 24 Discussion

zippy - Feb 20, 2008

32 by Tr0ntIsntAnOtaku »»
Nov 21, 2022 4:29 PM

» Bitter Virgin for anime adaptation!!!!!!!

joekongg - May 25, 2010

8 by Haneken2086 »»
Aug 7, 2022 11:33 AM

Poll: » Bitter Virgin Chapter 31 Discussion

Torisunanohokori - Aug 24, 2008

25 by DeonX »»
Jul 7, 2021 8:47 AM

Poll: » Bitter Virgin Chapter 30 Discussion

J-970 - Aug 23, 2008

30 by DeonX »»
Jul 7, 2021 7:55 AM

Poll: » Bitter Virgin Chapter 29 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 22, 2008

34 by DeonX »»
Jul 7, 2021 7:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.