Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
 
Feb 6, 2012 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 754
lucjan said:
bakuramariks said:
lucjan said:
bakuramariks said:
Does everything have to be super mature and super intelligent to be good?

Uhh, kinda. If I wanted to watch mindless action, I'd watch Bleach. But if I tried watching that again, it'd be like shooting myself in the foot.


You should know those things aren't the only thing that matters. Something mature and intelligent can be butchered by sh*tty presentation, music, colors and stuff like that.

That would be an example of an anime that failed in its presentation. Mindless anime's that lack a cohesive plot and don't possess any form of intelligent plot progression, on the other hand, seem fairly lackluster. But I see you're a fan of Bleach, so my argument might not make sense to you :/


It does make sense to me. I'm just laughing at people wondering how to offend a person.
It's presentation fault but that don't change the fact that it failed. So, by your post i assume comedy is bad entirely.
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)
 
Feb 6, 2012 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3737
bakuramariks said:
lucjan said:
bakuramariks said:
lucjan said:
bakuramariks said:
Does everything have to be super mature and super intelligent to be good?

Uhh, kinda. If I wanted to watch mindless action, I'd watch Bleach. But if I tried watching that again, it'd be like shooting myself in the foot.


You should know those things aren't the only thing that matters. Something mature and intelligent can be butchered by sh*tty presentation, music, colors and stuff like that.

That would be an example of an anime that failed in its presentation. Mindless anime's that lack a cohesive plot and don't possess any form of intelligent plot progression, on the other hand, seem fairly lackluster. But I see you're a fan of Bleach, so my argument might not make sense to you :/


It does make sense to me. I'm just laughing at people wondering how to offend a person.
It's presentation fault but that don't change the fact that it failed. So, by your post i assume comedy is bad entirely.

Are you saying comedy can't be mature and/or intelligent?

 
Feb 6, 2012 1:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 546
lung-tao said:
@

Since when does a job and paycheck cover the social state of mind of an individual? I said women have an inferiority complex towards men, and i have explained that too many times to be bothered, if you really need to take this the next step we can discuss it.
Regardless don't get me wrong i never said we don't need you, i think we can all agree that men and women are in a state of symbiosis completing the relationship as a whole; you're just more dependent on men than vice-versa but who's counting? There did i put a nice ribbon on it? it's pink and cute as you wanted it.
Closer.
 
Feb 6, 2012 2:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 558
ZaBici said:
lung-tao said:
@

Since when does a job and paycheck cover the social state of mind of an individual? I said women have an inferiority complex towards men, and i have explained that too many times to be bothered, if you really need to take this the next step we can discuss it.
Regardless don't get me wrong i never said we don't need you, i think we can all agree that men and women are in a state of symbiosis completing the relationship as a whole; you're just more dependent on men than vice-versa but who's counting? There did i put a nice ribbon on it? it's pink and cute as you wanted it.


Sounds more like you're the one with the inferiority complex. ;)
Anime figure reviews:
 
Feb 6, 2012 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 187
bakuramariks said:
You should know those things aren't the only thing that matters. Something mature and intelligent can be butchered by sh*tty presentation, music, colors and stuff like that.

I'm not a Bleach fan -also not a hater- but I totally agree with you.
"People fall in love with a person, not a gender."
 
Feb 6, 2012 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 809
ZaBici said:
lung-tao said:
@

Since when does a job and paycheck cover the social state of mind of an individual? I said women have an inferiority complex towards men, and i have explained that too many times to be bothered, if you really need to take this the next step we can discuss it.
Regardless don't get me wrong i never said we don't need you, i think we can all agree that men and women are in a state of symbiosis completing the relationship as a whole; you're just more dependent on men than vice-versa but who's counting? There did i put a nice ribbon on it? it's pink and cute as you wanted it.


You're acting as if you already said it in this thread over a hundred times, but this is only the second time you post in here. Even there, it's not explained once why women have an inferiority complex towards men. Then to think your sarcasm makes you sound like quite the a**hole around here. That women are more dependant is because of history...but that is no longer. Women have been less depandant every single year ever since the emancipation. That they're crawling up in society is only the beginning.

It doesn't matter if the person is female or male unless you are taking things to a different stage which goes to being friends or something. If not, it shouldn't matter. It's the internet and it's basically about just sharing your stuff, may you be female or male. Stop following your dick please and use your brains...if you have any, that is.
 
Feb 6, 2012 2:26 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 6339
Wait, does it mean, that if someone (girl, in fact) enjoy reading manga which can be consider by others as silly/not worth reading is chidlish and stupid? O.o That kind of thinking is real chidlish one. I judge people rather by their comments, then age, gender, country where they're from or favorite anime/manga stuff.
 
Feb 6, 2012 2:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 417
bakuramariks said:
VongolaXEspada said:
I saw Monster was their 2nd favorite manga I looked up to see what was their first and I saw kuroshitsuji and I was like "WTF" i then looked over to the gender on the profile and saw it was female and was like "oh that makes sense"


When something is good - it's good. Does everything have to be super mature and super intelligent to be good? No. 99% of manga/anime is full with bishounens and bishoujos. Even in Monster, lol. I'm serious xD.

I usually look at the country they are from than the gender.


Oh I think you might have been the user, that had Kuroshitsuji over Monster. Well sorry for sterotyping, but it's kinda true in most cases, a lot of girls on this site have yaoi in their favorites and their favorite characters are character who they consider "hot". It's not everyone but it is defiantly the majority of girls on this site. Though some people just like anime/manga set in the victorian-era.
Modified by VongolaXEspada, Feb 6, 2012 2:47 PM
 
Feb 6, 2012 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3604
ZaBici said:
And yeah i also look at the age when one posts something juvenile or viceversa because no matter how hard i tried to not generalize in the end it proved much simpler.


Birthday December 27, 1989
 
Feb 6, 2012 2:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 187
Btw I usually look at gender first too because it is at the top of the page, lol.
"People fall in love with a person, not a gender."
 
Feb 6, 2012 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
ZaBici said:
lung-tao said:
@

Since when does a job and paycheck cover the social state of mind of an individual? I said women have an inferiority complex towards men, and i have explained that too many times to be bothered, if you really need to take this the next step we can discuss it.
Regardless don't get me wrong i never said we don't need you, i think we can all agree that men and women are in a state of symbiosis completing the relationship as a whole; you're just more dependent on men than vice-versa but who's counting? There did i put a nice ribbon on it? it's pink and cute as you wanted it.


I don't even think you understand your own shallow opinion. You're saying that there is a symbiotic relationship between men and women, but paychecks and education don't have anything to do with social status and behaviors? And what about people that don't engage in male-female relationships? Uh oh, there goes your whole argument. Oh wait, I don't even know it because you've never posted it ITT.

And to be terribly honest with you, it sounds like you're a lonely person. You hate women because your mommy didn't like you much and girls don't pay attention to you? I'm guessing that's what it is. Girls are super scary so you just put them down so you have some sort of "valid" reason to not be around them. When really, deep down inside, it sounds like you're scared of them.
 
Feb 6, 2012 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 206
ZaBici said:
lung-tao said:
@

Since when does a job and paycheck cover the social state of mind of an individual? I said women have an inferiority complex towards men, and i have explained that too many times to be bothered, if you really need to take this the next step we can discuss it.
Regardless don't get me wrong i never said we don't need you, i think we can all agree that men and women are in a state of symbiosis completing the relationship as a whole; you're just more dependent on men than vice-versa but who's counting? There did i put a nice ribbon on it? it's pink and cute as you wanted it.


I agree that a woman and a man complete the relationship as a whole. A woman's love and maternal care with a fathers sacrifice and paternal care.

But to say that women are anything else other than equals is completely shallow. From an evolutionary point of view, you're nothing without your woman. Nothing. Our primary goal as a species is to pro-create, and you can't do that without the opposite sex.
Religiously [don't go liberal on me, no politics please], a woman came from a man's side. Key word there! Side. Not the head, not the feet. Not on top, not below. On the side, his equal

Toushi said:

You're acting as if you already said it in this thread over a hundred times, but this is only the second time you post in here. Even there, it's not explained once why women have an inferiority complex towards men. Then to think your sarcasm makes you sound like quite the a**hole around here. That women are more dependant is because of history...but that is no longer. Women have been less depandant every single year ever since the emancipation. That they're crawling up in society is only the beginning.


What the hell? Crawling up? We live in a sexist society. I live in a country where 90% of divorces are by women, and the majority keep the children, car, house, accounts, estates, the driveway, your soul and then some. So don't give me the female victim stuff either. We live in an equal society, with both genders have superior, and inferior skills. Some things men are better than women, and some things women are better than men.

What's the deal?

We're equals buddy.
Live with it.



ps:I love when topics get feisty.


 
Feb 6, 2012 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1156
JonyJC said:
Clous said:
I notice the gender first because its well first.

That said, seems kinda messed up to double standard your opinions based on someones genitals.

Why? It's only natural that men and women would in general have different tastes.


I just don't like double standards. People in general have different tastes. Lumping people based on gender just seems weird to me. I don't disagree that generally, each gender has a certain taste but you know.

It just seems wrong to accept someone liking shounen ai shit because someone isn't rocking an elephant in their pants. . WOW THIS NIGGA LIKES BL WHAT A FAGGOT... oh a girl. Can i get her digits? FRIEND REQUEST AHUEHUEHUE
 
Feb 6, 2012 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3737
ZaBici's just paying tribute to Freudian epistemology. Everyone knows all women have penis envy — at least that's what Freud thought XD

 
Feb 6, 2012 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 546
@IshokuOsero you got me hooked, so why?
@toushi i never said, in this thread, but i have come over this type of argument many times before. Sarcasm was implied, she read my comment as "girls are pink men are blue" had it coming. And really, "it shouldn't matter" well thank you, looks like you've given it a thought but your brain said "ah fux it, it shouldn't matter, i got cherios" well erm.. keep it healthy i guess.
@plate i'm getting the feeling you're trying to say something, just express it in your simple words, no need to rush.
@lung-tao
See, it's a clear indication that you don't really understand what i'm talking about, paycheck and education is not THE only factor, you can't judge it by only that, so it was pointless. I never asked about your paycheck, maybe i make more than you, do you see me bringing that into discussion? No, because it's not relevant enough unless it was followed by another series of arguments. Where exactly did my argument go? you weren't even near it. You're so turned on contradicting me that you don't even stop to read, it's hard to keep a conversation going like this, i don't enjoy monologs.
You're guessing? I never said i hate women, you just got that impression, baby got mad? Do the suppressed feelings give way ? Don't tell me you're trying to prove something, that's not what i was talking about at all.
I'm Guessing that brim act of psychology came from your realization of my hate for women? Bravo Clouseau, you read the mind of every man, sure makes you feel special under that curtain of nonchalance huh? Oh heck don't worry i won't take a peep.
Pink panther out.
Modified by ZaBici, Feb 7, 2012 2:24 AM
Closer.
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 754
Lucjan, so, i am the only one who doesn't?
Because i'm actually GLAD i'm a woman. It's lonely to be the only one in the entire world *sobs*.
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3737
bakuramariks said:
Lucjan, so, i am the only one who doesn't?
Because i'm actually GLAD i'm a woman. It's lonely to be the only one in the entire world *sobs*.

I'm not agreeing with it. Just saying that's what Freud thought. He was a baller, a coke addict, and a suicide. But most of all, he hated women! Which is ironic, 'cause Freud thought suicide was a result from inner turmoil with one's mom. Heh, maybe ZaBici's paying tribute to that aspect of Freud.
Modified by lucjan, Feb 6, 2012 4:08 PM

 
Feb 6, 2012 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 8605
Hashida said:

ps:I love when topics get feisty.


I have my food and drinks ready.



✩ 調和 ✩ twitter ໒꒱˚ youtube
Lonely in Gorgeous
♡‧₊
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2272
lucjan said:
ZaBici's just paying tribute to Freudian epistemology. Everyone knows all women have penis envy — at least that's what Freud thought XD


Not only women, I am afflicted as well. I cannot help but envy my penis, it is just so marvelous.

ZaBici said:
you're just more dependent on men than vice-versa but who's counting? There did i put a nice ribbon on it? it's pink and cute as you wanted it.


Arr, the vast electron sea of the internet; some days it is calm, some days it is stormy, and some days it is just full of shit discharged from some broken sewerage system.
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 754
lucjan said:
bakuramariks said:
Lucjan, so, i am the only one who doesn't?
Because i'm actually GLAD i'm a woman. It's lonely to be the only one in the entire world *sobs*.

I'm not agreeing with it. Just saying that's what Freud thought. He was a baller, a coke addict, and a suicide. But most of all, he hated women! Which is ironic, 'cause Freud thought suicide was a result from inner turmoil with one's mom. Heh, maybe ZaBici's paying tribute to that aspect of Freud.


Think whatever you want. Nobody can change someone's opinion.
Believe in Freud if you like.
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2954
lol actualy listing your gender



"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 546
hentai_proxy said:

Arr, the vast electron sea of the internet; some days it is calm, some days it is stormy, and some days it is just full of shit discharged from some broken sewerage system.

And you're right there at end of the sewage sampling every piece, must suck being a garbage man, doesn't it ?:(
@lucjan i actually didn't know about the concept, but you got me curious, and it does strike some similarities to my train of thought, thanks for the add ^^.
Closer.
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2996
Hashida said:
But to say that women are anything else other than equals is completely shallow.


To say that sexism doesn't exist is completely moronic.

Hashida said:
From an evolutionary point of view, you're nothing without your woman. Nothing. Our primary goal as a species is to pro-create, and you can't do that without the opposite sex.
Religiously [don't go liberal on me, no politics please], a woman came from a man's side. Key word there! Side. Not the head, not the feet. Not on top, not below. On the side, his equal


Trying to remove politics from a discussion about gender would be to effectively castrate it. Biologically men and women are obviously not the same and thus not equal; as for religion, that depends entirely on one's religion.

The political front is where almost all of Feminism's work has taken place; if you do not wish to discuss it then why bother commenting on the issue in the first place?

You are welcome to use your own ignorance how you see fit good sir, but please do not enter into a debate on a subject and try to use it as a tool. You'll only make a fool of yourself.

Hashida said:
What the hell? Crawling up? We live in a sexist society. I live in a country where 90% of divorces are by women, and the majority keep the children, car, house, accounts, estates, the driveway, your soul and then some.


Do you have similar statistics for the percentage of rapists who are male?

Or better yet, do you have any proof of that claim at all?

Hashida said:
So don't give me the female victim stuff either. We live in an equal society, with both genders have superior, and inferior skills. Some things men are better than women, and some things women are better than men.

What's the deal?


Do you think that is the best way to achieve equality?

Are you familiar with the expression 'two wrongs do not make a right'?

Hashida said:
We're equals buddy.
Live with it.


Nope.

Hashida said:
ps:I love when topics get feisty.


I like it better when they are free from selfrighteous morons.

bakuramariks said:


Think whatever you want. Nobody can change someone's opinion.
Believe in Freud if you like.


Not only is this statement obviously false, to freely admit that you believe it is arrogance.

Bertrand Russell said:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
Modified by AnnoKano, Feb 6, 2012 4:39 PM
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"


 
Feb 6, 2012 4:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3737
hentai_proxy said:
Not only women, I am afflicted as well. I cannot help but envy my penis, it is just so marvelous.

Pics or gtfo.

bakuramariks said:
lucjan said:
bakuramariks said:
Lucjan, so, i am the only one who doesn't?
Because i'm actually GLAD i'm a woman. It's lonely to be the only one in the entire world *sobs*.

I'm not agreeing with it. Just saying that's what Freud thought. He was a baller, a coke addict, and a suicide. But most of all, he hated women! Which is ironic, 'cause Freud thought suicide was a result from inner turmoil with one's mom. Heh, maybe ZaBici's paying tribute to that aspect of Freud.


Think whatever you want. Nobody can change someone's opinion.
Believe in Freud if you like.

lol, wut? You seem angry with me for the most nonsensical reason.

 
Feb 6, 2012 4:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 754
Why should i be angry? That's how i talk.
I'm not angry with you. What made you think i am?
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3737
bakuramariks said:
Why should i be angry? That's how i talk.
I'm not angry with you. What made you think i am?

Just the way you worded your response P:
And the fact that you said, "Believe in Freud if you like," when I clearly said I didn't. Sounded pretty condescending on your part.

 
Feb 6, 2012 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 24
i dont think it matters whether its female or male after all most MAL people read/watch things outside their demographic anyway
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 754
My talking style is rude, that's all.
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)
 
Feb 6, 2012 4:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3737
bakuramariks said:
My talking style is rude, that's all.

lol, I see.

 
Feb 6, 2012 5:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2272
lucjan said:
hentai_proxy said:
Not only women, I am afflicted as well. I cannot help but envy my penis, it is just so marvelous.

Pics or gtfo.


Sigh. The appropriate comeback is 'With your personality, it is understandable your penis would outshine you.' Be creative!
 
Feb 6, 2012 5:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 32
Well. If their gender isn't specified, sometimes I'll stalk their profile for a bit and try to figure it out. But I don't really care either way.
... Although, if it's a female with whom I'm chatting with, I'll usually be a little nicer to them.
 
Feb 6, 2012 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1769
hentai_proxy said:
lucjan said:
hentai_proxy said:
Not only women, I am afflicted as well. I cannot help but envy my penis, it is just so marvelous.

Pics or gtfo.


Sigh. The appropriate comeback is 'With your personality, it is understandable your penis would outshine you.' Be creative!


Wit on MAL? Perish the thought.
 
Feb 6, 2012 5:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4612
This thread had a tenuous premise at best, and has now actually devolved from that. Therefore, locked.
You've come a long way, baby.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]